[POLL] Established timeline of Orbisian Events.

NatRP timeline?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a timeline?

• Yes
    • No

Greetings. I know this is very unusual from me, since I typically stay within NatRP alone, but in this case, I think it might be a good idea. Lets be honest, with how NatRP seems to go on, there are nations that rise and fall literally every other week. Due to that, I think that we should have a timeline so that we understand what exactly has happened and what hasn't. Lets use a few examples. For instance, the blackwing plague. That would be considered as absolutely true, since it affected every nation in some form. Then, lets consider, uh, I dunno, the time that someone was playing as Svalbard and basically destroying the world with a weapon which had no development. That would not be considered as "canon". Events that happen to your nations would also be canon, given context. So I would like to ask you, would you support this idea, and if so, why?

Edited by Darth Saarai
  • Upvote 1

Well, as long as you guys could fit HALO's lore (the timeline me, Annisa and Younggi share) and not change it, I support the idea. It can stop people from saying theriantropes don't exist because some of them revealed themselves in WWIII, and perhaps spark some conflict between us and more libertarian states because HALO pretty much wrecked the West, especially the USA.

mOMPUVF.jpg

Personally I think everything involving supernatural, magic, anime, or star wars is just piss poor RP, since all of them make for generally absurd timelines. Additionally, it forces newer nations to base their own history off the previous nation that existed there which I doubt anyone is going to take the time to do so before they join the RP.

• Upvote 2

No, supernatural and magic rp is great rp. It's a lot better then boring, MT rp or anything without tasty imagination. But good point, my lore makes little sense when combined with the lore of others, so I take back my vote.

mOMPUVF.jpg

Yeah, Star Wars, Magical, Vampires and Wizards are great roleplay lores when you can make them look realistic as possible, not only a long-long paragraphs with full of imagination words and no realistic explaination.

But It could be a very very poor RP when you use it without any logical sense. None of people will understand and it will look like a stupid imagination of toddlers. Let's prove that by read on someone's lore:

There is a nation of Vampires, Werewolves and other fairy-tales creatures with Almost-God power and ability. And the leader declared himself as "Extension of God". But, they are religious even they are Muslims. As my knowledge Islam is prohibited Magic. It is very very contradict and cannot be understand by rationale people.

He defeated United States of America, the world's largest military spending even after next five or six nations combined with military in almost all continents with their NATO and Nuclear Weapons. And win the not-logic World War III, a war without any logical reasons and full of imagination.

How can we understand and accept that? Logically in mind of rationale people, if World War III occured, there will be a Nuclear Holocaust that will kill half or more the world population. And the enemy of America will receive Nuclear first. Plus, they will receive from France and United Kingdom.

Overall, i agree with the Timeline idea. And No matter if we found a different timeline between nations of NatRP.

P.S.

If we look at Cheonsa's first statement, we could pretend that he is an Islamist Extremist as he dreamed to destroy USA, the West and their allies. Just like Abu Bakr Al-Baghdad.

As for me, I am here to roleplaying as a Honorable President. I don't really care if my lore is FT or MT or Whatever. I will act as a honorable leader not as a fancy story-teller. I don't like to read night-tale stories

His Excellency President of the United States of Asia

Thank you Lee Young-Suk for pointing out yet another major problem with this RP community, not all of you are the hero of the story, even if you believe you are. Your perspective is rather meaningless to anyone else when it comes to the global story we are collaboratively creating here. USAsia might believe themselves to be the hero of the RP, but so does Cheonsa, and so does Lelouch, or Eva. It's incredibly arrogant to assume that you shall be allowed to do whatever you wish without any pushback, in reality there is a constant pushback against every nations actions, to RP otherwise is naive at best.

Yeah, Star Wars, Magical, Vampires and Wizards are great roleplay lores when you can make them look realistic as possible, not only a long-long paragraphs with full of imagination words and no realistic explaination.

But It could be a very very poor RP when you use it without any logical sense. None of people will understand and it will look like a stupid imagination of toddlers. Let's prove that by read on someone's lore:There is a nation of Vampires, Werewolves and other fairy-tales creatures with Almost-God power and ability. And the leader declared himself as "Extension of God". But, they are religious even they are Muslims. As my knowledge Islam is prohibited Magic. It is very very contradict and cannot be understand by rationale people.

He defeated United States of America, the world's largest military spending even after next five or six nations combined with military in almost all continents with their NATO and Nuclear Weapons. And win the not-logic World War III, a war without any logical reasons and full of imagination.

How can we understand and accept that? Logically in mind of rationale people, if World War III occured, there will be a Nuclear Holocaust that will kill half or more the world population. And the enemy of America will receive Nuclear first. Plus, they will receive from France and United Kingdom.

Overall, i agree with the Timeline idea. And No matter if we found a different timeline between nations of NatRP.

P.S.

If we look at Cheonsa's first statement, we could pretend that he is an Islamist Extremist as he dreamed to destroy USA, the West and their allies. Just like Abu Bakr Al-Baghdad.As for me, I am here to roleplaying as a Honorable President. I don't really care if my lore is FT or MT or Whatever. I will act as a honorable leader not as a fancy story-teller. I don't like to read night-tale stories

I'm guessing you're saying this because you demand further explanation for everything that's happening in the HALO timeline. Let me give you some rough guidelines

1. Vampires and werewolves have existed since long ago, but have adapted to live amongst humans for millenia. Some of them revealed themselves during WWIII and others in 2042, where my character declares that all sentients should be treated as equals.

2. Amenria knows no magic. Cheonsa's powers come from faith, and other characters gain their powers naturally or through training (Kaguya is an imoogi, Korean dragonfolk associated with water, so it makes sense if she can control it, Ganbaatar has trained extensively to gain enhanced strength).

3. As for the political stuff, you know that the US government has a lot of problems this year only. I could barrage you with articles from all around the web on why declaring war on the big baddies is not as bad as an idea as you think, but that's not my thing. Anything can happen in 20 years, even more, including the weakening of the west.

4. Now to warfare. Sure, US gots lots of nukes, but so does Russia and China. They would probably think twice before bombarding radioactives on people with such heavy artillery. Even if they did nuke each other and the world becomes a fallout sandbox, it's not impossible that a select few would still survive to save the day, especially when they got God on their side.

5. Lastly but not least, Cheonsa is NOT an extremist. He hates fundentalism, how could he possibly be extremist?

There's something to think about, if you still got questions, feel free to pm me or talk to me over discord, let's keep this thread on topic. As for Mogar, anyone can react to other characters as they wish, as long as they stay in character. Cheonsa IS a hero because his alignment is lawful good, he even got his powers from faith. If everyone is open about their character's alignment, personalities, and quirks, that would really help in creating an active rp where you can push back other characters or support them, depending on which side you're on, just like D&D or something.

mOMPUVF.jpg

Thank you Lee Young-Suk for pointing out yet another major problem with this RP community, not all of you are the hero of the story, even if you believe you are. Your perspective is rather meaningless to anyone else when it comes to the global story we are collaboratively creating here. USAsia might believe themselves to be the hero of the RP, but so does Cheonsa, and so does Lelouch, or Eva. It's incredibly arrogant to assume that you shall be allowed to do whatever you wish without any pushback, in reality there is a constant pushback against every nations actions, to RP otherwise is naive at best.

I never claimed to be the Hero. I have on numerous occasions pointed out what makes Britannia a terrible place and I have RPed out terrible things done by Britannia. And Eva is rping the villian not the hero (Even though there are some rough edges in that it's not what I'm focusing on).

A list of things ANYONE can use against me: (Just to "help" you get an idea)

Funded a Para-Military now Terror Group (Zodiac)

Force mandatory military consription

Occupied numerous areas

Targeted civilians within Britannia who were political enemies

Betrayed allies for personal gain

Imperialism

So not really the "nice" guy....I also listed myself as the antagonist on the wiki :P.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I never claimed to be the Hero. I have on numerous occasions pointed out what makes Britannia a terrible place and I have RPed out terrible things done by Britannia. And Eva is rping the villian not the hero (Even though there are some rough edges in that it's not what I'm focusing on).

A list of things ANYONE can use against me: (Just to "help" you get an idea)

Funded a Para-Military now Terror Group (Zodiac)

Force mandatory military consription

Occupied numerous areas

Targeted civilians within Britannia who were political enemies

Betrayed allies for personal gain

Imperialism

So not really the "nice" guy....I also listed myself as the antagonist on the wiki :P.

Yea but you pmed me guaranteeing safety to any Muslim who goes on Hajj. If that doesn't scream "good guy", I don't know what does.

mOMPUVF.jpg

Yea but you pmed me guaranteeing safety to any Muslim who goes on Hajj. If that doesn't scream "good guy", I don't know what does.

Yea, you also promised not to stop me in any way.

So I could commit genocide and you wouldn't be allowed to even utter a negative word against me.

I may be a villian but that doesn't mean I'm not smart.

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Actually, i don't really care, but by having a timeline means i need to completely change my nation and no more freedom on making an interesting out-of-the-box stories since we have to stick to the main timeline. 

Since i followed Cheonsa's timeline, i don't think there's any illogical things happened there. Everything outside of the real world is illogical, and a lot of people had made this kind of stories, that's just the profit of being creative and having a great imagination. 

Maybe it seems illogical to see vampires being muslims, usa was defeated by an asian nation, etc.. But it's all a made up story, so it's logical. It would be illogical if you compare the RP world with real-world. It's RP! Anyone can do anything they want, as long as they stick to the rule.

Being a hero or a villain in each story is just.. normal. Because it's their story, and you can't say "change the story. i don't want you to be a hero in your own story" bcs that's ridiculous. 

And the NatRP has no exact rule about timelines or tech tiers, so nations can make any story in any timeline they want..

But yeah, if the members here want to make an exact timeline, some nations need to "restart" their nation and declare themself again, i guess.

• Upvote 1

signatur.jpg

On 6/25/2017 at 4:22 PM, Cheonsa said:

I'm guessing you're saying this because you demand further explanation for everything that's happening in the HALO timeline. Let me give you some rough guidelines

I don't need another explanation actually, i have no interest with your imagination

1. Vampires and werewolves have existed since long ago, but have adapted to live amongst humans for millenia. Some of them revealed themselves during WWIII and others in 2042, where my character declares that all sentients should be treated as equals.

I don't need this explanation as it is Out of Character (OOC) topic so explaining everything IC is not needed. 

2. Amenria knows no magic. Cheonsa's powers come from faith, and other characters gain their powers naturally or through training (Kaguya is an imoogi, Korean dragonfolk associated with water, so it makes sense if she can control it, Ganbaatar has trained extensively to gain enhanced strength).

The same as above, If we trained extensively then a Navy SEALs has a super-natural power with almost-god capabilities and also for other Special Forces in the world. 

3. As for the political stuff, you know that the US government has a lot of problems this year only. I could barrage you with articles from all around the web on why declaring war on the big baddies is not as bad as an idea as you think, but that's not my thing. Anything can happen in 20 years, even more, including the weakening of the west.

All nations in the world have their own problems and it is normal. I guess you are reading radicalists website because there is no rational people wanted a war unless you are terrorist or having any dark-purposes. And i can show a box of history about how evil is all wars. Remember that  the world is not consist only of Black or White, and United States of America is not full of evils as they were sent humanitarian aid to 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and 2004 Indonesia Earthquake. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia was also funding evil-Wahabbism which became the current Islamist Terrorists and most of perpetrators of 9/11 were Saudi Arabians, so we cannot determine "This nation is evil, nor This nation is good". 

Everything can happen for next 20 years, but i don't understand what kind of weakening did you mean. United States and the West have large economy, large military, and large freedom. Even almost nations in the World are following western democracy and government system including economy. They also maintained relatively-good relations with other nations in the world including Russia and China except North Korea and Iran. 

4. Now to warfare. Sure, US gots lots of nukes, but so does Russia and China. They would probably think twice before bombarding radioactives on people with such heavy artillery. Even if they did nuke each other and the world becomes a fallout sandbox, it's not impossible that a select few would still survive to save the day, especially when they got God on their side.

None of people will think twice in a global-scale nuclear war and total war. Civilians will be the main target after the military. And yes, some might survive from the Nuclear War, but then the Earth will become a deadly-planet with high-radioactive, temperature will increase from day-to-day, and everything will be a deadly place like in Chernobyl or even it might hundred times deadlier. 

5. Lastly but not least, Cheonsa is NOT an extremist. He hates fundentalism, how could he possibly be extremist?

There is no people declared as an extension of god, the sole and only defender of goodness and fighter of the evil. This means you are feeling that everything you done is the best and the most right. The same mind with Islamist Extremists in the Middle East, always feeling the only good and the others are evil.

There's something to think about, if you still got questions, feel free to pm me or talk to me over discord, let's keep this thread on topic. As for Mogar, anyone can react to other characters as they wish, as long as they stay in character. Cheonsa IS a hero because his alignment is lawful good, he even got his powers from faith. If everyone is open about their character's alignment, personalities, and quirks, that would really help in creating an active rp where you can push back other characters or support them, depending on which side you're on, just like D&D or something.

23 hours ago, Han Young Gi said:

Actually, i don't really care, but by having a timeline means i need to completely change my nation and no more freedom on making an interesting out-of-the-box stories since we have to stick to the main timeline. 

As what i understood, this is about an information of what has occurred in every country within NatRP, not a universal time, date and events for all roleplayer so that everyone does not need restore his nation instead of giving detail of information about what has happened within your nation. 

Since i followed Cheonsa's timeline, i don't think there's any illogical things happened there. Everything outside of the real world is illogical, and a lot of people had made this kind of stories, that's just the profit of being creative and having a great imagination. 

Maybe it seems illogical to see vampires being muslims, usa was defeated by an asian nation, etc.. But it's all a made up story, so it's logical. It would be illogical if you compare the RP world with real-world. It's RP! Anyone can do anything they want, as long as they stick to the rule.

Being a hero or a villain in each story is just.. normal. Because it's their story, and you can't say "change the story. i don't want you to be a hero in your own story" bcs that's ridiculous. 

Since i followed Cheonsa's timeline, i found there are a lot of illogical, contradict and unrealistic things and the creator cannot even responsible other than giving a multi-paragraph imagined-text. Being creative is not limited by using your free-imagination, but creativity is about collaborating everything available to be a realistic and easy to understand topic. And everyone here is a creative so do not pretend yourself as the only creative people here. 

Yes, this is RP world but i compared your lore with the sources you taken from (Real World) and i will not compare your lore with real-world if your lore is not coming from real world and if you cannot even responsible with your lore, then What kind of lore is that? 

No one prohibited you from being a heroes or anything within your lore. I was just argued that we must not write events on your lore to this Timeline Idea. This timeline must about everything occurred within NatRP not from each everyone lore. If we fit your World War III then What are we and other nations? Refugees of your war?

And the NatRP has no exact rule about timelines or tech tiers, so nations can make any story in any timeline they want..

But yeah, if the members here want to make an exact timeline, some nations need to "restart" their nation and declare themself again, i guess.

I agree and voted YES for this Timeline idea, it could be references for next topics of our roleplay.

Edited by Lee Young-suk

His Excellency President of the United States of Asia

Quite honestly adding a timeline is rather pointless. I mean I have a timeline that extends back to Australia, Italy and the furthest point North America. So no I won't follow whatever timeline you guys would come up with cause I refuse to change my rp to fit your red taped box. End of discussion on my part.

• Upvote 1

#WALDOASF SIGGIF.gif.fbe87157f6507ae8c6df0ee1d66bd3b1.gif

I will also join the "No" on the timeline.

Mainly because out of 90% of the RPers are new here nations such as Evenstar, Britannia, and the Meta have been around from the beginning and their history would be everyone else's history. (And no one wants that)

Each nation has their own timeline and it should be set as that, though it is a loose timeline it is 100% better than a fixed one.

• Upvote 1

IYT09l4.png

On 6/24/2017 at 5:22 PM, Cheonsa said:

Well, as long as you guys could fit HALO's lore (the timeline me, Annisa and Younggi share) and not change it, I support the idea. It can stop people from saying theriantropes don't exist because some of them revealed themselves in WWIII, and perhaps spark some conflict between us and more libertarian states because HALO pretty much wrecked the West, especially the USA.

Yeah beyond unlikely. As lelouch said there's some who have been here longer than a few months and we aren't just gonna change our timeline to fit some random already created timeline. Would also like to point out the lack of creativity in that, but whatever.

#WALDOASF SIGGIF.gif.fbe87157f6507ae8c6df0ee1d66bd3b1.gif

On 6/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, Cheonsa said:

No, supernatural and magic rp is great rp. It's a lot better then boring, MT rp or anything without tasty imagination. But good point, my lore makes little sense when combined with the lore of others, so I take back my vote.

No.. Modern roleplay can get boring, but that doesn't force you to make your rp seem as if it's right out of a fairy tale book.Things are so bad that by the time I left,the middle east was a magical fertile paradise.We need a common year,timeline and rules that WORK for this rp to start making sense.

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

I used to RP in a group called 21st Century RP that never had anything supernatural.  It later evolved into this: http://www.worldpolitic.center/

(The original can be found here: http://z9.invisionfree.com/21c/index.php?&CODE=00)

We handled time by letting every player RP their own timelines and requiring consent in case they overlapped.  Granted we used real life countries, but we allowed players to RP alternate histories if they wanted to, especially if they created new countries like reuniting Yugoslavia, the East Africa Federation, Gran Colombia, Quebec Libre, The Korean Union, etc.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dubayoo said:

I used to RP in a group called 21st Century RP that never had anything supernatural.  It later evolved into this: http://www.worldpolitic.center/

(The original can be found here: http://z9.invisionfree.com/21c/index.php?&CODE=00)

We handled time by letting every player RP their own timelines and requiring consent in case they overlapped.  Granted we used real life countries, but we allowed players to RP alternate histories if they wanted to, especially if they created new countries like reuniting Yugoslavia, the East Africa Federation, Gran Colombia, Quebec Libre, The Korean Union, etc.

Yes.Creativity is good but for f***s sake this is a nation rp.Not a fantasy genre story book.

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha