GameRealm

Reagan

UPDATE: 8.28.2014

ksxfatl.png

REGISTER NOW!

This little project of mine is nothing more than an IPB forum (like this one) that also includes a home page with articles where I try to post the latest top stories in gaming news.  On the forum side, all I really wanted to achieve was setting up a place where those of us who play games, and like to talk about it, have a small central hub to do just that.  Sure, there are professional sites like IGN, Gamespot, and a ton of others that are fully staffed and loaded with up to the minute breaking news and all the bells and whistles.  In fact, I scour those sites for information.  Some of them even have large forum communities.  I was thinking it would be great if we had our own little niche to talk about games with each other rather than being a face in a sea of thousands. 

Setting up the GameRealm forums gives us more space than we have here to talk about gaming, allows various categories like Xbox, Playstation, PC, and more.  There are no applications required.  You simply register and post.  This isn't tied to Politics & War.  You can use whatever name you like, connect with your Facebook or Twitter, the choices are yours.  I just want to see you there and get you involved!

There are 3 membership tiers and all are free and simple to achieve with post count.

Community Member

• Newly registered member
  • Access to all forums except the Games Market, which is the place members can trade games and other items with each other
  • Can view Live Streams and Blogs
  • Can vote in polls
  • Levels up at 25 posts (not including Spam forum)

Select Member

• Access to all forums except the Games Market
  • Can customize profile such as background image, etc.
  • Can edit signatures; may include 3 urls and 2 lines. Signature image size is 650 px x 175 px max for all users
  • Can rate topics in forums
  • Can edit own posts and topic titles
  • Can start polls
  • Can create/delete/moderate own blogs and post comments in blogs
  • Can access gallery and upload videos; create and manage own public albums only
  • Can use Live Stream to stream from twitch.tv
  • Level up at 100 posts

Preferred Member

• All of the above plus...
  • Access to Games Market forum
  • Can remove "edited by" legend when editing posts
  • Can create private club blogs
  • Can create private gallery albums
  • Can create calendar events

In my opinion, the key features here for members to make the most of are the options of uploading your live streams, creating your own blogs, and interacting with a (hopefully) growing group of gamers who you're probably already familiar with.

Guests can view the articles and forums without registering, but you'll need to register if you want to reply or start a topic, and increase your post count.

Articles posted today, 8.24.2014

Granted, I'd love to post more but this is a venture still in it's fledgling trial stages.  I want to thank Cody K for joining me as an Editor and contributing articles recently, as well.  If you're interested in gaming discussion, come over and post and support the site.  I'd love to have you there.

gamerealm.us

TEnpSUV.png

Edited by Reagan
  • Upvote 2

c3Ct0v4.png

• Administrators

The ice is broken!  Sheepy and PerfectMafia not only registered, but posted.  Wo0t!  Thanks for coming over fellas.  I appreciate it.

Sure thing, I hope it gets really popular :)

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Yeah, I know it seems sudden on this end but PW was the last place I advertised. I've been trying to get support and staff for a month on this project and it's just not working out. I'm hoping I can revisit this at a later time.

c3Ct0v4.png

To bad :(

Wasn't an easy decision. :(

I'm going to convert that forum to a small alliance, but I'm leaving a very condensed version of the GameRealm forums open for public discussion.  From now until the alliance goes live, anyone can register and begin posting without needing to post an application.  So, anyone who still wants to chat about gaming and tech, come on over.  As I said, I may eventually be able to re-visit a full fledged site dedicated to gaming discussion and everything I had planned for it, but it's not in the cards at the moment.

c3Ct0v4.png

Yeah, I know it seems sudden on this end but PW was the last place I advertised. I've been trying to get support and staff for a month on this project and it's just not working out. I'm hoping I can revisit this at a later time.

Sorry to hear that man. 

• 1 month later...

The site is back up.  Virtually no content at the moment, but I'll add as I go.  I understand that it'll take a while to build any sort of following and I'm ok with that.  It's there for anyone who wants a place to talk about gaming and over time, hopefully I can expand on it.  Guests will need to register this time around before having access to the forums.

If you were registered at the address below before, you'll need to register again.  Sorry!

gamerealm.us

Edited by Reagan

c3Ct0v4.png

gamerealm.us now takes you to the home page where articles are posted. Forum tab at the top takes you to the community.

If you haven't joined, come on over. Start some discussions or join in on other ones. If you're into gaming...pc, console, mobile, we want you!

c3Ct0v4.png

Hi all. I'm looking for feedback on the site, so if you haven't already, register and check out the current articles and topics. While you're there, visit the Community Center forum and introduce yourself, post suggestions, and tell me what you do/don't like to see and what you want more of!

c3Ct0v4.png

Website is looking good!

Thanks, Sheepy! Now register an account and see it all. :)  I just added a mod for posting your live streams. Dangles carrot.

In addition to that, I've also added 3 member levels based on post count. New members can't post live streams until 25 posts, but I can bump you up early.

c3Ct0v4.png

I'm now an editor for GameRealm and will be helping Reagan regularly post new articles and what not. All the more reason to come check it out.  ;)

Zoe Quinn and Kotaku hypocrisy incoming?

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win