Perceived Intelligence

Arkiri Arch

So I was thinking who is the most intelligent player, OOC or IC, in the game? Sometimes you talk to someone and you just feel like they are extremely intelligent, or maybe you have fought against them or worked with them. Drop some names in this thread and give a brief explanation why if you want to, and Ill make a poll in a few days. 

The people that Ill name are Aerys Targaryen and of course Partisan. 

First off, Ive known Aerys for over a year, and Ive always respected his intelligence and knowledge of the game, and skills. I personally think he is extremely intelligent because I know a few things about his life outside of the game and his education.

Secondly, Partisan is going to be a top contender for #1 in my opinion, simply because he is well respected by many, and even respected by people who hate him. He can write walls of texts like no one else, and its become his trademark. You just get a sense of intelligence radiating from him whenever you talk to him, or read what he writes. 

• Upvote 2

Officer Nasty reporting for duty. 

Adama, Abbas, Partisan, Tim Armstrong, Malone, Yosodog and Fraggle are all exceptionally smart OOC.

Prefontaine was good at playing the game but I don't think it was only due to his wit. He had help from Malone on just about everything for the first half and had a lot of friends other than that. Not to discredit the things he did, but the others I listed just have stronger minds imo.

I'd say these people are very intelligent:

- Jessica Rabbit

- Kemal Ergenekon

- Infinite Citadel

- Woot

- Sketchy

- Durmij

- Lilac Veritas

- Kurdanak

- Avruch

- Pre (if we're also counting people who went inactive / left the game)

- Vanek

- Partisan

- Memph

- Chunky Monkey

- Roq

- Curufinwe

- Shiho

- Justin076

- Victor Truchev

-Tywin

- Bollocks

- Seabasstion

- Ogaden

- Manthrax

These are just the ones that come to mind and in no particular order.

Edited by Insert Name Here

Walls of Text aren't necessarily a sign of intelligence imo.  It's the context that matters.

My vote?

If I had to pick one person, I can easily say Jessica Rabbit if we're talking off game and in game intelligence.

The list of individuals for either off game and in game are different from one another, so it's hard to find people that would be on both.

I admire the following people for their intelligence:

Partisan

Manthrax

Victor Truchev

Prefontaine

Roquentin

James II

There are others as well, but I feel like those 6 really stick out (from my own experience with them, anyways).

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Aerys Targaryen: I've known him from the early days of BK, and with every war he was in he proved to be knowledgeable about not just game and war mechanics but while I may not know as much about him (after more than a year of hiatus) as most people in Zodiac does, he's a likable guy and was partially responsible for some of BK's early MilCom stuff.

Yosodog: Yoso isn't just smart, but also funny; one moment he could he discussing FA and another moment he can meme the hell out of everyone. He's never afraid to be blunt and concise and say things contrary or even against what others in BK think, and was largely responsible from turning BK from a small protectorate into the major alliance it is today. Also waiting for that coup. ;v

Psweet: While some people may not know him, Psweet is incredibly knowledgeable regarding econ in P&W and behind the chatrooms in Discord he can delve into many subjects with great detail.

Mogar + Lelouch: Extremely experienced at roleplaying, and discusses as much stuff as Psweet does in Discord chats. They can write interesting stories out of almost anything, and Lelouch does a lot of work behind the scenes in Defense/MilCom.

Thalmor + Britland + Geralt + Aristodemus senpai: They're all pretty cool and all of them are in KT gov, but offer up plenty of opinions and ideas without truly getting into conflict and worked hard to make KT to what it is now in the matter of weeks. If you've met them in KT chat you'll know that they're pretty smart guys.

Shiho + Felkey: The newer gov of Pantheon and impressive fighters. Plenty of them have seem them post on here, though they can offer up a few quality shitposts if the circumstance calls for it.

Buorhann + Kemal Ergenekon: Rather apparent examples with how they post on the OWF. They make compelling arguments and roast people when their bullshit meter goes on.

I could go on with a few other examples, but it's a bit tiring typing this all up on mobile. x.x

Z98SzIG.png

I read the title of the thread and I thought this was another Argotitan rant about how people here think they're smart. I'm a bit disappointed it isn't :(

lol...

There are definitely some players here that are more intelligent than others.

I just haven't had enough time to meet all of them yet.

On the side: https://youarenotsosmart.com/:-P

Rule #1 about intelligence: The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Hard to reply, as many I have shared and expressed thoughts which show intellect, but wisdom and discernment are often lacking in some decisions in this game. I believe both are necessary to answer thoughtfully on this.

I choose Ole, Partisan and Caanite.

As Thalmor has stated there are others. I would also pick a couple who have left but they are no longer in the game and give them rest. We have more playing now.

Edited by Doc Martini

Sheepy

Your cults of personality and nations only exist because of him.

He makes money off of us. People try to quit only to come back. People spend countless hours of their lives here.

He built the perfect mouse trap for some 5000 lonely hearts out there....here in the Twilight Zone. *cues music*

• Upvote 1

In no particular order:

-Vanek, if you know him, and have served under him, you're going to love him. Staying up til 3 AM helping with battle-plans and warring is something I can respect you for.

-Jessica Rabbit, having had been at the helm of many of the strategies t$ has come up with through the years, and generally thinking mathematically, is something I admire. Furthermore, she's capable of giving a value to abstract ideas, which is something I'm sure quite a few appreciate. Aside from that, she's down to earth, something that's hard to do when you're being praised 24/7 :P

-Kemal Ergenekon, aside from being the resident Turkish Economic Overlord, and being an absolute beast at Econ/Math, it's always interesting to see him debate (was here, seeing as he made a bet, is at the eUS forums). His usage of xdxd is also on point.

-Partisan, aside from being capable of writing glorious walls of text, he's exceptionally articulate, both relating to IC and OOC matters.

-Dalinar/IC, he's an exceptionally smart leader, and has shown incredible foresight, planning FA and military moves accordingly. Through his and a few others efforts, TKR stands where they are today.

-Anneal, Anneal's one of the most rational people currently around that posts frequently. It's an interesting quality that should be encouraged, imo, even if that rationality brings up stuff your alliance would rather not show to the world {barring OPSEC}

-Senry, when he isn't in a shitposting mood, he's shown himself capable of understanding and solving problems. And spreadsheets. Spreadsheets count for a lot.

-Ripper, a great guy to be around, a capable raider, and someone that likes Science and Math. Knowing a bit of what he does IRL, I can safely say that he'll bring the average IQ of any alliance up.

Those are just the ones that come to mind... I'm sure I could bring up many others, but these guys have really stood out.

Edited by Aristodemus

Most of the people nominated seem to be more good leaders and good at articulating their thoughts or convincing people, rather than actually intelligent.

I'd say the benchmark would be whether I'd like the person around as an advisor with no gov ability.

I mean you have people like Ripper who are smart and understand the game deeply - they're also great people to have leading an alliance and will grow an alliance rapidly. But you wouldn't take him in on opsec channels just to hear what he has to say.

I could name maybe 30 people. But I think most interesting are the ones who nobody thinks of.

Top of my underdog list would be Nation Ruler (NPO) and Kosonome (TKR).

• Upvote 1

Having worked with him for pretty much my entire existence in these games, Belisarius is definitely up on my list (both IC and OOC). Also anyone who effectively runs econ, such as Jessica Rabbit, Lilac, Sketchy.

xzhPlEh.png?1

Having worked with him for pretty much my entire existence in these games, Belisarius is definitely up on my list (both IC and OOC). Also anyone who effectively runs econ, such as Jessica Rabbit, Lilac, Sketchy.

I'll back this up, Belisarius is a really smart guy and probably is close to the top of my list as well.

• Upvote 2

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.