Final Call to Islam

Elijah Muhammad

If they can't handle changes in terminology outside of the militar, how are they so able to learn the language and new terms constantly pumped out of the Department of Defense? If you're saying they're not intellectually capable of how language evolves over time they seem like the kind of people who should be either deposited into infantry or not permitted to enlist at all.

You have me really lost here.  I never talked about learning terms or intellect.  I talked about about being alienated from networking or finding references.

How are they going to do that, exactly? Languages evolve with time and you can't force people to change the majority of changes to make your feelings hurt less. If you are so obnoxious in your speech and ability to learn I'd be unlikely to that person too. 

Again, you have me lost.  The point of political correctness is pandering to avoid bothering other people's feelings.  Republicans should be confronting this.

OK,so for one thing "pulling yourself  up by your bootstraps is a sarcastic dismissal that the only difference between the extremely wealthy and the constantly impoverished is that the former is supposedly working harder and receiving success as a result, which totally ignores many other factors involved. Expecting those impoverished to do the impossible (it's not possible to pull yourself up using bootstraps) without the factors being made available to all potential employee. Being "targeted" by politically correct speech is hilariously ridiculous and barely merits a post. As the GOP is fond of saying of corporations they're not obligated to employee someone who can't handle slight adjustments periodically.

Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is about dealing with adversity after others abuse you. 

Political correctness is an idea used to excuse not holding people responsible for their actions when they're supposedly provoked from cynical interpretations of neutral language.  When people are abusive after being supposedly provoked despite how they're really not, Republicans forsaken the victims of that supposed provocation, telling them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

• Upvote 1

Sorry, a number of typos. I'll clarify. First, the corrected post you were responding to.

Argotitan, on 13 Jun 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:snapback.png

That's because defense employs people who have been alienated from the civilian side of the economy, especially due to political correctness thare t children are taught in public education.  When they're graduated into adulthood, they struggle with networking and getting references to find a job. If they can't handle changes in terminology outside of the military how are they so able to learn the language and new terms constantly pumped out of the Department of Defense? If you're saying they're not intellectually capable of learning new words and how language evolves over time they seem like the kind of people who should be either deposited into infantry or not permitted to enlist at all.

To be fair, defense should still be defunded.  Republicans should be confronting political correctness instead of pandering to it. How are they going to do that, exactly? Languages evolve with time and you can't force people to change the majority of changes to make your feelings hurt less. If you are so obnoxious in your speech and inability to learn I'd be unlikely to hire that person too.  The problem is they're too lazy to do so.  Yea, once in a while, you stumble across a Republican crusader, but for the most part, Republicans just tell those who are targeted by political correctness to deal with it and pull themselves uph by their bootstraps.  They have no sense of fraternity and abandon those within their own ranks. OK,so for one thing "pulling yourself  up by your bootstraps is a sarcastic dismissal that the only difference between the extremely wealthy and the constantly impoverished is that the former is supposedly working harder and receiving success as a result, which totally ignores many other factors involved. Expecting those impoverished to do the impossible (it's not possible to pull yourself up using bootstraps) without the factors being made available to all potential employees. Being "targeted" by politically correct speech is hilariously ridiculous and barely merits a post. As the GOP is fond of saying of corporations they're not obligated to employee someone who can't handle slight adjustments periodically.

You have me really lost here.  I never talked about learning terms or intellect.  I talked about about being alienated from networking or finding references. Yeah, those aren't guaranteed so if you act like a prick and wage a personal jihad against English continuing to evolve since it was first used you're going to have to deal with the consequences of employers wanting to avoid hiring you that's not really going to change via any GOP activities.

Again, you have me lost.  The point of political correctness is pandering to avoid bothering other people's feelings.  Republicans should be confronting this. Are you offended that terms are changing to be more accurate and that failure to adopt new terms when they are added is a big sign for a lot of people (perhaps most, perhaps just many) to avoid that person socially, in any workplace environment, or really anywhere not run by the government. If these people you're referring to can't learn new words what possible reason would there be for a private company to hire them?

Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is about dealing with adversity after others abuse you. No, it's not. It's a sarcastic response to people who think that working hard at something is how you become wealthy and that aside from this very rare occurrence, it doesn't work that way. It's impossible to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps so when it's said it's as a statement of how much ignorance surrounds the person promoting that idea.

Political correctness is an idea used to excuse not holding people responsible for their actions when they're supposedly provoked from cynical interpretations of neutral language.  When people are abusive after being supposedly provoked despite how they're really not, Republicans forsaken thee victims of that supposed provocation, telling them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. No, it's not. Political correctness as you refer to it refers to changes in the English language to better or more accurately describe various things. If people refuse to do that and aren't working for the government they'l likely be fired and thanks to Republicans making laws so broad you can fire a person for virtually an. y reason it's not going to happen. Political correctness is here to stay. Adapt or join the military, I guess?

You said because they couldn't escape political correctness that the only option remaining is the military

Again, you have me lost.  The point of political correctness is pandering to avoid bothering other people's feelings.  Republicans should be confronting this.

Pulling yourself up by your bootstraps is about dealing with adversity after others abuse you. 

Political correctness is an idea used to excuse not holding people responsible for their actions when they're supposedly provoked from cynical interpretations of neutral language.  When people are abusive after being supposedly provoked despite how they're really not, Republicans forsaken the victims of that supposed provocation, telling them to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

I checked for any typographical errors this time so you shouldn't have any issues with not understanding anything.

GICjEwp.gif

Milton, you're all over the place there, so I'm just going to respond separately instead of quoting you bit by bit.

The social alienation I'm talking about is people becoming unfamiliar with the culture that surrounds them while interacting.  Mandatory attendance in an institution that doesn't connect with how the neighborhood around them lives, works, and plays doesn't help people network or find references.  At best, education's value is to take specialized time to teach people ideas in order to accelerate how people communicate ideas in wider society, but when the ideas taught in school don't match the ideas that people live by, spending time in that institution only serves as a distraction.  The reason for defense funding is to counterbalance this alienation by giving those who are alienated a way to earn a living despite having their childhoods ruined upon graduation into adulthood.

Your reference to language here kind of applies, but not quite the way you're saying.  This isn't about technical familiarity.  Obnoxiousness is kind of the point, but sometimes, people find others obnoxious not because they have an attitude problem, but because they're unfamiliar with how people actually go about their business.  It's frustrating to explain everything to them.  On the other hand, sometimes people are found to be obnoxious because of being unfairly judged.  This is where the idea difference between school and society comes into play.  If people judge others inappropriately, then people will be found obnoxious when they're not.  People will also be ignored when they actually are obnoxious, and those obnoxious people will ruin the lives of others who aren't actually obnoxious over time.

This includes the evolution of language over time.  Sometimes, people are found to be obnoxious for using words in ways that apply, but are unusual.  Other times, people are ignored to be obnoxious for using words in ways that don't apply, yet people have gotten the habit of using them that way.  The problem with school is it doesn't really keep up with these trends.  Instead, the isolated environment again serves as a distraction.  You're assuming the evolution of language is necessarily more accurate.  In reality, language usage often becomes inaccurate just because many people want to discriminate against uses that they're not accustomed to.  

To be honest, I'm really shocked you don't understand this.  You seem pretty socially liberal, so I'd expect this to be common sense for you.  What I've described here is the gist of traditionalism run-a-muck.  Defense spending basically gives those who have fallen through the cracks of traditionalism a way out.

All of this said, what has happened in many liberal states is they've tried to turn this on its head, and they're now starting to realize how that strategy has backfired with the election of Trump.  Their insistence on politically correct speech has alienated many non-liberally minded students (and I say non-liberal because this provokes politically unaligned students into becoming conservative who develop animosity for liberal cynicism).  The implication is that while they have successfully alienated these students from networking and getting references, these students were not the problem of discrimination that they sought to oppose.  They targeted innocents which created two problems:

First, it ignored those students who actually are insensitive, careless, reckless, and inconsiderate in their usage of language, usage that goes far beyond being politically correct or not.  It deals with the general matters of being offensive, uncivil, and insulting which are matters that were further substituted by replacing morals and ethics with political correctness.

Second, those students who were targeted no longer have a motive to criticize this carelessness, and if anything, they often jump on the bandwagon so politically correct people can see what it's like to be targeted.  They're looking for revenge for how they were treated.

Why you're limiting political correctness to comparing rich against the poor, I've no idea.  If anything, opposing political correctness is exactly how Trump won based on populism among the working class.  I will agree with you about unequal opportunity, but that's a very complex subject.  If anything, Republicans are supposed to acknowledge the difference between equality of outcome and equality of opportunity.  As for being fired for any reason, that's why you get contracted as a professional when working for a company.  Your salary comes with terms in your contract that establish what you can and cannot be fired for.

• Upvote 1

The social alienation I'm talking about is people becoming unfamiliar with the culture that surrounds them while interacting.  Mandatory attendance in an institution that doesn't connect with how the neighborhood around them lives, works, and plays doesn't help people network or find references.  At best, education's value is to take specialized time to teach people ideas in order to accelerate how people communicate ideas in wider society, but when the ideas taught in school don't match the ideas that people live by, spending time in that institution only serves as a distraction.  The reason for defense funding is to counterbalance this alienation by giving those who are alienated a way to earn a living despite having their childhoods ruined upon graduation into adulthood.

Plenty of people say they live by one ideology but actually follow another. For example, some brothers who pray to Allah SWT then convince the young and impressionable to commit horrible acts of atrocity. In the same way, many Christians who preach tolerance refuse to extend it to their Muslim brothers. In these cases, the problem is not the ideology, it is the failure of the individual to live up to it, for whatever reason that may be.

Perhaps our institutions merely have high expectations which many fall short of due to higher education being seen as more necessary to make money. Perhaps if Americans saw good, honest work as more of an option, their children would be sent to trade schools which would be seen as more honorable, and as a result, the institutions would only be teaching those who truly wanted to be there, and the vacuum of skilled labor in America would be filled with skilled laborers.

The devaluation of the hard-working but not formally educated American working class - that is, the majority of the population - is both a symptom of the devaluation of American culture and an attempt by the godless leaders of America into instilling fear and uncertainty into their population to avoid dissent against their inhuman policies of abuse of our middle eastern brothers.

Edited by Elijah Muhammad
  • Upvote 1

Rather than creating a debate on Islam and muslims on this and that I only dislike ONE thing about this.

As a friendly piece of advice to you: Don't advertise religion in a politics game.

If you want them to come to Islam befriend them and be the example of WHY they should accept Islam. Because if they see a good hearted person they will follow as they did Muhammad (S.A.W).

P.S. Don't be like Ibrahim (The PnW Player) or Moreau, or Abu Haddad who openly cursed those who didn't follow their ideology.

I mean , Khalifah Ibrahim is entertaining, have you seen his nation page " Is protected by: ALLAH" I was laughing for a few mins straight

1878498441_DJKrmko.png.dccff90b8a322ff56cb0b8e3e056be19.png
Yeet on all the fascists, viva la revolution mofo - Josip Broz for all dem Titos and Tities

Plenty of people say they live by one ideology but actually follow another. For example, some brothers who pray to Allah SWT then convince the young and impressionable to commit horrible acts of atrocity. In the same way, many Christians who preach tolerance refuse to extend it to their Muslim brothers. In these cases, the problem is not the ideology, it is the failure of the individual to live up to it, for whatever reason that may be.

Perhaps our institutions merely have high expectations which many fall short of due to higher education being seen as more necessary to make money. Perhaps if Americans saw good, honest work as more of an option, their children would be sent to trade schools which would be seen as more honorable, and as a result, the institutions would only be teaching those who truly wanted to be there, and the vacuum of skilled labor in America would be filled with skilled laborers.

The devaluation of the hard-working but not formally educated American working class - that is, the majority of the population - is both a symptom of the devaluation of American culture and an attempt by the godless leaders of America into instilling fear and uncertainty into their population to avoid dissent against their inhuman policies of abuse of our middle eastern brothers.

Yep.  You're getting it now.  Glad to see we're finally coming to a mutual understanding.

Sometimes, the point is the people have to discover things for themselves instead of telling them how to cure what ails them.

A lot of people don't care to discover things for themselves though.  They've been spoiled by public education in being educated without appreciating how knowledge is discovered.  It's developed nasty attitude problems that are unappreciative of good study habits.

America's PISA rankings are a testament to that.

• 2 months later...