Out with a Yang

Yang

Hello. I don't think I did a proper introduction, so here it is.

You guys probably know I used to play (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways). I was the anti-villain. I'm a nice person IRL, so it was just a fun experience to be feared and hated in a game. These open games let us do a lot, and I pushed it as far as I could. Some people play to exploit the war and econ system. I liked exploiting people. I play these games for the batman gambits.

I came to P&W hiding my past. I joined just to hang out with old friends. But in this new world, with new things, the recruitment messages got me wondering...

Nobody knew who I was. I had this insane information asymmetry advantage - knowing more about some people than their spouses do and yet they knew nothing about me.

And so this idea formed - instead of joining my friends, I could roll them. I would sadistically enjoy beating them one by one. I took great delight in taking down people in a position of dominance. Sometimes I'd even build people up to that position of dominance, boost their ego, so the fall would be more humiliating. The more I admire you, the more I'd plan around you.

You guys know who you are. You'd get set up, fall into a trap of some kind, get screwed in a really bad political position, and get a sexually implicit taunt from some cyborg girl. There's some variation, where in a tense situation, I'd lift the mask while !@#$ing you.

But it's really hard to pull punches. There's a lot of momentum going on, a lot of people involved, and emotions are hot. There's still things going on in motion that I can't stop. Sometimes it goes too far.

I only mean to destroy individuals. Only one humiliating defeat each, per server, then I'm done. I've never intended to destroy an entire alliance and certainly not over multiple wars.

With the emotions and length of the recent war, I feel like I'm ruining people's fun.

I apologize so much for that. I thought you guys wanted this. Everyone was complaining about how the game was stagnant, how some people had no power and others had all the power. Wasn't this end result what everyone wanted? Why the salt levels?

I play the game just to have these crazy rube goldberg plans that take months to set up, just to hit a few people. I'm just not having as much fun with that anymore. I don't care about building a solid empire or destroying a rival, not my play.

Don't worry. I'll still be around on Discord as Yang and IRC as Rin. On some forums as whatever account I first signed up with. The conversations are most of the fun anyway.

I've had a lot of fun with you guys. Hopefully we'll meet again in some other game 💛

• Upvote 4

It was an immense pleasure to have you in Rose and I'll always appreciate the time you put into our FA (even if it might have secretly included planning our downfall? :P). Don't be a stranger!

• Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Because of you I'll always suspect every new individual that I meet :lol:

It's been real, Alexx Taylor, Rin Misaki, Yang. Stay in touch

Edited by Lordship

I play the game just to have these crazy rube goldberg plans that take months to set up, just to hit a few people. I'm just not having as much fun with that anymore. I don't care about building a solid empire or destroying a rival, not my play.

The next level is recruiting others to come up with elaborate schemes and taking pride in their scheming.  

Empires come in many forms. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a bit late, but it was a pleasure fighting against you in the war. My opinion of you, already decently high since you named your ruler after a RWBY character, is all the more so since you linked a Nightcore song. 

You take care now, and I hope to see you come back. 

• Upvote 1

At first I was like "I'm so flattered"  

giphy.gif

but then

Where's my sexually implicit taunt?

We'll keep in touch on Discord. You were great getting to know and helping with bridging the gap between Rose and Mensa.

Damn it, Rin.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. 

Edited by Roquentin