Morality? Yea Right.

Dubayoo

I mean tbf I see why you're upset. It's annoying that TKR is declaring on Arrgh en masse because daddy HBE asked them to when they couldn't handle some raiders on their own. BUT to the content of your post.

I'm really getting sick of these people who claim the moral high ground for their engagements.  

Some people know not to attack you because they anticipate that you'll retaliate.  They deliberately avoid you.

When you go after these people anyway just because others like them attack, yes, it teaches them a lesson, but it doesn't teach them the lesson you want to teach.

Um, sure it does. It teaches that alliance to not raid them again. While not necessarily sending a big message to the members, the point is more to send a message to the leadership. But please, tell us the message that your foes are trying to send, I'm sure it will be spot on. 

It teaches them that you don't understand personal responsibility when it comes to holding people responsible for their actions.  

It teaches them that whether they attack you or not, you're still going to punish them.  Therefore, why shouldn't they attack you?  They're going to be treated as wrongdoers one way or another, so you might as well.

I don't think you understand what you're talking about. When an alliance chooses to do something, all members are now associated with said act. If BK declares on Rose, the leadership isn't the only group accountable, it's the entire alliance. Especially in this situation, you should be aware that TKR was holding all of Arrgh responsible for raiding HBE, not just the certain raiders. It's about sending a message. Also, that second paragraph was completely off. If you don't attack them you won't be punished. 

On top of that, if your goal is to make a group change, how does attacking innocents encourage that change to happen?

Here's a hint - it doesn't.

See above. You don't go by which members of a group are innocent or guilty. In this situation, the entire group is at fault. You lose your sovereignty when you join an alliance.

All it does is disable innocents from being listened to more in the group because others see the track record that you ruined.  If anything, it provokes innocent people to change their ways for the worse.

If you're going to claim the moral high ground, then you should actually practice what you preach.

Being a hypocrite who's obviously downdeclaring in a dishonorable way while ganging up just to get easy pickings for the sake of pumping up your stats doesn't give you the moral high ground.  If anything, it makes you a deceptive liar who's worse than someone else who just does this without claiming otherwise.

The downdeclaring part has been explained in your previous post so I'm not going to even bother. The entire point of "unfairly ganging up" is to win. This game is about winning. If TKR or any other alliance for that matter chooses to "gang up" so be it. It has nothing to do with anything else. The people who attacked you viewed that it was morally righteous to destroy your nation as a way to protect their allies. I mean that's retarded but that's all it means. 

Edited by Hope
  • Upvote 1

Part of being in an alliance is dealing with the consequences of what your alliance does. Good luck

I'd concur...

...except this is Arrgh.  We're not a normal alliance.

In any case the truth has been let out.  Next time, you guys should just admit to that right away instead of claiming the moral high ground for ages before doing so.

I'd concur...

...except this is Arrgh.  We're not a normal alliance.

And this exempts you from the consequences of your actions why? You may view yourselves as a unique alliance, and you may well be so, but other alliances have every right to view you as they would any other united entity, and punish your collective actions as one.

• Upvote 4

TKR and HBE are no longer allies. Also afaik, this "war" is for all the raiding done to TKR and her allies in the past 2 months.

They're in the middle of a treaty cancellation, so the defense was still invoked during that time.

• Upvote 3

TKR and HBE are no longer allies. Also afaik, this "war" is for all the raiding done to TKR and her allies in the past 2 months.

If you're not allies don't put your CB as "HBE request"

And this exempts you from the consequences of your actions why? You may view yourselves as a unique alliance, and you may well be so, but other alliances have every right to view you as they would any other united entity, and punish your collective actions as one.

Mmmm... I don't really agree.  Arrgh is known for being a network of contacts.  If you treat us like a normal alliance, then you don't really get the point.

If you're not allies don't put your CB as "HBE request"

The CB is HBE defense because they activated our treaty during the 72 hour cancellation period, therefore it was still valid and we intended to honor that, regardless of it being questionable timing.

Side note: not sure what TKR was hoping to accomplish. They have plenty of raidable targets. ^_^

Just honoring the treaty activation/countering those of you that hit our nations, nothing more nothing less.
  • Upvote 4