Iron Guard - Declaration of Existence

Frederick

Theres no end goal in arguing the point, people have already made up their political opinions in a political simulation game - no point in trying to change someones viewpoint once theyre so firmly entrenched in it. Communism and Fascism are simply two ideologies that differ from one another in the most extreme variety, any moderate would see that Fascism and Communism are as bad as one another (if extremism is what constitutes 'badness').

Anyway, Kosmo clearly stated on many occasions on multiple threads what he thinks of Fascists, of whom he seems to think are also Nazis. Albeit, there is merit to his words - some members of Iron Guard truly are supporters of the NSDAP and their actions, as well as outside Iron Guard. To silence one end of the political spectrum (i.e, fascism) but not the other (communism) is nothing short of favouritism. Any man should be able to speak his mind at all times, so that he may be supported or refuted. I will concede, Communism is a solid idea if it were to occur worldwide, however I simply don't agree with it. That is to say that others can also agree with Fascism and also disagree with the points that it brings up in a civil manner. What 'civil' entails from person to person differs, but I think as long as there are no OOC attacks or doxxing involved then I'd say anything goes.

Now, bringing up the issue with ingame nations, alliances, actions etc, Iron Guard made sure at every point to stay within the guidelines of what Sheepy has control over (that is, the game and the PnW discord server). Everything else has nothing to do with Sheepy, and concerning the racist screenshots, most if not all of the time it has nothing to do with the game or the players of it. Albeit, what you consider to be wrong and terrible morally (using derogatory names for races, sexualities, ideologies or actions) is not to another. Is it ok to call someone a derogatory term? Never, but using those terms in response to actions undertaken by those groups are, well I wouldnt say warranted but certainly somewhat justified - at least to the individual.

What you consider to be reprehensible is not to another, and Sheepy or anyone else should have no power over the opinions of another.

Now, Iron Guard goes down in flames and it will remain a testament to what it means to display your opinion publicly if it is not the one that people are ok with. There is no argument to be had about "Communists are ok but Fascists arent??!" Because in the eyes of the community, Communism is less reprehensible compared to Fascism. Thats essentially what it comes down to.

Concerning the alleged doxxing, as far as im aware, using someones picture is not considered doxxing especially if you already use one of yourself. Not only that, but the person who did this is no longer with us anyway, nor was he ever a part of Iron Guard. Again, regarding another who was responsible for displaying publicly his disdain for another player crossing the IC/OOC lines on multiple occassions is another thing that has nothing to do with the Iron Guard, as this person was never in it. The only thing you could accuse Iron Guard of about doxxing is posting fantasies that another player had written online (so, publicly).

Realistically, the only CB people have against Iron Guard is that they're racist and/or Fascist, but if ideology is a valid CB then literally every alliance has a permanent CB against one another. However, the issue of racism was not one that affected the game at all whatsoever, only peoples disdain for the Iron Guard. I mean, sure, making generalised statements about members of different races, sexualities, ideologies etc is offensive, and that is the basis of a legitimate CB. However, that could be used over and over on other alliances other than Iron Guard, as there have been racist remarks made on discord by members of alliances other than Iron Guard.

Regardless, happy hunting. I'm sure more ideological stalemate is what this game needs anyway

Yea, that's pretty much it.

The anti-fascist sentiment here that likewise doesn't go after communism is flat out favoritism, especially considering the undeniable facts that communism killed more civilians in real life, was decisively anti-Jewish in believing religion is a front for capitalism (a la "Religion is an opiate of the masses"), and believed that ethnic Jews weren't entitled to a self-determined homeland.  The only reason Jews were tolerated in the Soviet Union was to prevent a brain drain after The Purge wiped out so many Soviet intellectuals.  They didn't actually care about the identity of the Jewish people. 

Ultimately, it comes down to how a bunch of childish punks with attitude problems just love communism because it suggests they get away with being lazy in getting something for nothing in contrast to fascism which comes off as survival of the fittest bullying. No, fascism isn't good, but communism isn't either.  

...except WW2 didn't happen in our gameworld, Jews don't exist in our gameworld, and any OOC bad behavior they did justifies moderated punishment, not in-game hostility.

Sorry, but stuff doesn't work like that. You can't pick aspects from real like and then go like "but WW2/holocaust/etc didn't happen in orbis so it's not fair that we're linked with that!''. You pick nazi stuff, and you'll get linked to racism and antisemitism simply because they were core aspects of nazism. You pick fascism and you will be linked to authoritarianism and extreme nationalism. You pick communism and you'll also be linked to authoritarianism and crushing of political dissidence ( which also happened in the other two systems). Pick stalinism and you'll be linked to gulags and holodomor.

No, nations that self identify as jewish exist in this game. You are factually incorrect in this one. Judaism is even a religion choice iirc (at the very least the star of david is up for grabs).

How they behaved on discord simply provided a basis that they seriously bought into that shit, and that it was not mere rp'ing.

If they hadn't done that sort of stuff, they would have had the benefit of doubt (just like how the commie aa's tend to do) and people would have probably left them alone.

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

Sorry, but stuff doesn't work like that. 

Actually, it does.

It's called the IC-OOC dichotomy.  If you don't get it, then you have a mental problem, an attitude problem, or both.

I'm rolling my !@#$ing eyes over here. If you think communism is equally bad or that it's unfair that fascists get hit for being fascists, do something about it. Stop your fricking whining, do something or move on with your lives.

Or are you all as spineless as you are daft?

• Upvote 4

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

So we're childish punks with mental problems for sending in-game wars over racist spam? Jesus !@#$ christ this game

dqeifYQ.png

^ what IG was spamming on Fark discord yesterday.

It wasn't just him by the way, but Octavius, Wall / Eric, and four other IG members, and IG gov actively supported spamming Fark's channel. 

• Upvote 2

Z98SzIG.png

I'm rolling my !@#$ eyes over here. If you think communism is equally bad or that it's unfair that fascists get hit for being fascists, do something about it. Stop your fricking whining, do something or move on with your lives.

I think the point is more what the !@#$ is going on in your head or anyone else's who thinks that way. No point rolling someone for being thick. 

Jews aren't a race either so all the morons saying racist, please stop. 

IpHGyGc.png

Can someone link me to where the communist alliances are doing the same disgusting comments/actions that IG said/did? 

We're talking about how IG was treated before how they acted elsewhere.  The alliance was criticized before the whole privacy concern happened.

Some judged IG based on its RL ideology alone, but those people don't judge communist alliances on their RL ideology alone.  It's because they play favorites towards communism, end of story.

I'm rolling my !@#$ eyes over here. If you think communism is equally bad or that it's unfair that fascists get hit for being fascists, do something about it. Stop your fricking whining, do something or move on with your lives.

Sounds like you're the one who's daft here.

The point is people in power are picking and choosing what to do something about.  Everyone who plays this game hasn't had equal time or opportunity to develop the power to do something about it.

Maybe you should move on with your life instead of interjecting only when you want to.  

It's a game. Anyone who wants to defend them can do so. I don't see what the bickering is about. Don't see any of you guys doing anything.

If everyone joined this game simultaneously such that everyone had equal time and opportunity to develop power (and if equal amounts of players with equal enthusiasm joined the game with regards to ideological consideration), there wouldn't be a problem.  

The problem is the selectively anti-fascist here are taking advantage of how they joined the game long ago.  It's an OOC attribute that adds no IC validity to their point. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds like you're the one who's daft here.

The point is people in power are picking and choosing what to do something about.  Everyone who plays this game hasn't had equal time or opportunity to develop the power to do something about it.

Maybe you should move on with your life instead of interjecting only when you want to.  

If you think it's wrong, do something about it. If you are right in that this is unfair and bad, do something. 

If the alliance knows they're getting hit because of how they are playing and conducting themselves, the simplest answer is to change that. It is possible to play without being an antisemitic, nazi loving POS.

And for the last part, what the hell do you even mean? Are you being forced in to posting? You are suppose to only interject when you want, none of us (aside from Alex) is getting paid for this shit.

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

If you think it's wrong, do something about it.

You really don't get civic responsibility, do you?

Action and justification aren't the same, and they shouldn't be the same.  If they are, then it suggests might makes right which reduces civilization back to anarchy.

The point of debate is to persuade those who act to take action responsibly.  

If you continue with your point despite what I've said here, then you're literally uncivil from preferring anarchy over civilization, so there's no point to consider what you say any further.

Edited by Argotitan

How did you know I was an action based anarchist? Words are for cowards, actions are for the revolution!

4nVL9WJ.jpg

How did you know I was an action based anarchist? Words are for cowards, actions are for the revolution!

Nobody said action is wrong.  The point is to use it at the right time.  

Legitimacy comes before enforcement, not after.  

Likewise, there's a difference between being strong and stupid.  If you haven't had the time or opportunity to develop your strength, then the right thing to do is to persuade the strong to do the right thing before you're developed.

How is communism not equally bad?

6XmKiC2.png

Not really.  You're just thinking it's bait because you're an OOC-leftist, but don't want to admit you're wrong.

If you think your point has debatable merit, then you should show it.  

I would hit the commies but most of their nations are too small. I'd love to see their AAs crumble. Maybe after next war I'll have such little infra that I can give them a nice jackboot in the face.

At least KT hit the commies. rip USRGC

Preach my man. 

Anyway, just don't argue with argotitan. He's made up his mind that this game is supposed to be played with his rules. PnW is a simulation game. A freaking SIMULATION game. As such, real life world views are not a stranger to the game. Your opinion is only your own opinion. What you think is right may not be right for us. Just play your own way and stop forcing your views. You douche. 

• Upvote 3

Takes one to know one.

Next time you want to make a point, cut out the personal attacks.

Quoted for posterity, remember the time you called me names for saying you complained a lot? !@#$ing idiot.