Stratton Oakmont is Now Selling Bonds

Psweet

516px-Stratton_Oakmont_logo.svg.png

Hello Friends!  

With the conclusion of another war, it's again time to rebuild what was broken, rebuy what was sold, restock what was spent!  I know most of you who read this will already be cash-starved yourselves with this effort - but some of you will not be, and it is to you that we currently call out.

Stratton Oakmont is offering bonds to the general public.  These are investments that are bought, and in return for buying them the owner is given a 3% return on their purchase each weekend until the bond matures.  Once the bond matures, the original price of the bond is refunded to the buyer, and the investment is complete.  

We are looking to fill a practically unlimited demand of cash.  That is to say, there is almost no bond purchase too large for us to consider.  Alliances who sat out the war and might be sitting on a bank that isn't earning them anything might be particularly interested in bringing in a safe return.

Note that I said "safe".  Stratton Oakmont takes enormous pride in its customer service, honesty, and integrity.  We have never once in the 20-month life of our bank failed to pay an investor their due.  Our financial documents are open to the public and available on request so as to put our money where our mouth is.  An investment in SO is as good as money in the bank, if you'll pardon the pun.  

Details on how the bonds work:

- The buyer contacts Josh Freer (the CEO of Stratton Oakmont) or myself (founder, boardmember and unofficial public relations officer) to negotiate the purchase of bonds.  We will ensure that you understand the terms, the rate, and we will agree on a maturation date before taking your money.

- Every weekend thereafter until the bond matures, you will be directly sent 3% of the principle amount (the purchase price) of your bonds.  No action is required by you to receive it, not even accepting a trade offer.

- Once the maturation date arrives, you will be sent your final interest payment, in addition to the full principle amount of your bond purchase.

There are some restrictions, however.  

- Minimum purchase of bonds is $10 million.  We're sorry, but if that's a lot of money for you, then this isn't a good investment for your nation or alliance to be making in the first place.

- Bonds are callable.  What this means is that Stratton Oakmont reserves the right to repay the bonds early.  Doing so means that the customer will not receive subsequent interest payments.  However, when calling a bond, SO will always pay full interest for the week it was called in, even if the week is yet young (that is, if we call a bond on Monday, you will receive the full 3% interest that you would have received the next weekend).

- There will be minimum durations depending on the size of the bond purchase. The shortest duration we will consider is two weeks.

Lastly, we have a referral program in place for those who cannot buy bonds but know of those who can!  Anyone who refers us a new customer for buying bonds will receive a payment of 1% of the bond's principle as a thank you for spreading the word.

Happy investing!

Psweet

• Upvote 1

Do you offer zero coupon bonds for more interest?

For example, $25m could be raised at 50% more interest for a zero coupon bond that pays $42.4m in a lump sum in 12 weeks.

Edited by Argotitan

Do you offer zero coupon bonds for more interest?

For example, $25m could be raised at 50% more interest for a zero coupon bond that pays $42.4m in a lump sum in 12 weeks.

We do not generally offer these, but if you would like to buy one feel free to negotiate terms with me.  I'm sure we can come to an arrangement!

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure he's serious here. 

I sent him a PM in game a couple days ago, and he still hasn't responded.

Time is money, but he's not responding on a timely basis.

Message him on Discord. Much quicker

• Upvote 1

LTcxGHN.jpg

I apologize for the delay.  I have considered your offer and our respective needs and have responded.

Why would someone buy a bond when they can put money in a bank for a higher percentage return?

Also, what's the call premium?

Our bonds are guaranteed income.  Whether SO makes a profit or a loss is completely immaterial - this is debt you're buying, not equity.  You make your interest regardless of what happens with our business.  You also have a firm date for getting your principle back in case you're not looking for a long term investment.  I.E. the same reason people buy bonds IRL when stocks offer higher returns over time.

The call premium is simply the interest the bond would have earned during the week we call it.

How long are you offering these for? What's the standard duration?

It's difficult to say how long we'll be offering bonds.  We could get lucky and have someone invest $2 billion with us tomorrow and the sale will be over - but I doubt that will happen.  My best guess is that unless demand for bonds is higher than I think it is, we will be selling them for the next two weeks.

There isn't really a standard duration.  We've had people buy bonds for anything from 2 weeks to 4 months.  I will say it's likely we will start calling our debts in roughly 4 to 5 weeks depending on how supply and demand interact.  As I said, this is all guesswork based on previous trends.  This means that any duration longer than 5 weeks will likely be called before it matures on its own - but not necessarily.

this is good thinking Psweet, I congratulate you on finally changing your investment policies

evolution is a big part of business, if you get stuck in the past you die.

well done

We've sold bonds many many times over the years.  We'd done sales maybe ten separate times before Emerald was founded.  It's only recently, however, that we've been trying to be more public about it.  So I shall take your congratulations in the spirit that it is offered.  Thank you!