War. War Never Changes.

Lordship

The call was already made when Syndisphere agreed to it as a term. Although they may have never had any intention of enforcing, not enforcing makes you liars. Just sayin'. 

​I guess I have some major issues then because yes I do try my best to honor my word. It's this crazy idea that I have that if I honor my word people will be able to trust my word. 

​If you weren't willing to sacrifice members to enforce it - here's a novel idea - don't agree to it! But, I guess Syndisphere wanted the war to end even though it was crazy super easy for you guys and not a bother at all. ;)

Trash talk and laugh all you want.  Just not on the OWF. 

You folks are really serious about that second term?

You know, I knew your leaders were odd about the whole re-wording the peace terms to avoid admitting defeat - trying to spin it in somewhat of a positive light to your respective alliances of some hard fought war...   but I didn't expect this.  I honestly did not.

All we wanted was an admission of defeat and we'd throw in a 90 day NAP.  But seeing that second term and the reaction it's getting, geezus.

Wait. So, as I understand it, some people are trying to say that Term 2 forbids members of the involved alliances from mocking IQ?

Good thing I don't see a signature from Mensa leadership, or Syndisphere in the OP. I see it's signed by "The Easy Mode Coalition", but I haven't ever seen that AA, Bloc, or Sphere.

Do I win some sort of e-lawyer certificate? Does this mean I'm still free to engage against the alliances that directly declared on Mensa? Is this all a bunch of horse manure?

"Yes."

• Upvote 5

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Guest Karl VII

Wait. So, as I understand it, some people are trying to say that Term 2 forbids members of the involved alliances from mocking IQ?

Good thing I don't see a signature from Mensa leadership, or Syndisphere in the OP. I see it's signed by "The Easy Mode Coalition", but I haven't ever seen that AA, Bloc, or Sphere.

Do I win some sort of e-lawyer certificate? Does this mean I'm still free to engage against the alliances that directly declared on Mensa? Is this all a bunch of horse manure?

"Yes."

I`m a professional dumbass, everything you said is invalid

Guest Karl VII

I'm perfectly ok with this.

Hurry up and get to 16 cities.  I'll wait.

Nah i will stay where i am, tier cohesion and stuff u know

OTHERWISE i would totally go for it, trust me m8 i am the real deal dealing real deals

Edited by Karl VII

• Wiki Mod

​Yep. I didn't like the term much when I first read it but it's been.. interesting, to say the least, that many on 'easy mode' side immediately dishonored the term their leaders agreed to.

So funfact we didn't sign an a term that said members couldn't shitpost. We signed a term that said we wouldn't shitpost in the actual agreement. However if you feel the peace terms have been violated, we will be perfectly happy to void the entire agreement and reengage at your earliest convenience.

embarrassed? I'm not embarrassed. Why should we be embarrassed by what a bunch of plebs with an internet connection have to say? Least of all over a "game". This is a game right, or did I miss that part? I agree that was a pretty dumb term to include. But it is what it is.

any who. good war gents. Until next time

Speaking in character you should be embarrassed. 

Edited by Dr Rush

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Also, no such thing as too many Dong Wars posts. 

I still firmly believe though that episode 1 should be called, 'The Phantom Dong'. 

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

You can e-lawyer it that way if you want, yes. The term is vague and doesn't mention enforcement. But personally I'm not trying to e-lawyer anything, I'm just using common sense and taking it for what you'd think it would mean. Which is that those in the Easy Mode Coalition wouldn't try to publicly humilate IQ for it's war effort or surrender

​​

The Easy Mode Coalition doesn't exist.

Edit - lol you edited it.

Edited by Talostastic

☾☆

Priest of Dio

In response to this point, I believe it is important to clarify the interpretation of this term that both sides had.

It was explicitly asked if the intent of this term was to prevent players from voicing their opinions. See the below: 

Lordship - Last Wednesday at 12:43 AM
if you're looking to somehow prevent opinionated folks from voicing opinions
it's not gonna work out
Roquentin - Last Wednesday at 12:43 AM
nah
I mean that ship has sailed

So the agreed interpretation was that this term did not include any agreement on controlling either opinions or the sharing of opinions. The term itself only involved the text in the final peace announcement but no agreed upon enforcement of any actions or lack of actions. Therefore no term was broken since there was nothing to be broken. That does not mean the coalition agrees or supports every post in this thread, but we have no intent of infringing on the freedom to post opinions on the OWF (though in general I think most of us can agree on it being advisable to stay off the OWF as much as possible, for your own sake and sanity...).

If that was the agreed interpretation then fair enough.

FirstDraft-v2_zps55ce6098.png

The second term is brilliant, actually, when taking into account the narrative that people who do not like the current hegemoney are telling others.  They are saying that the hegemoney is nothing more than a high school "cool kids club" made up of people who treat everyone except their "in" group of friends in the "right" alliances like dirt, dominate the OWF with shit posts and self-congratulations and who insult anyone who disagrees with their point of view. 

It isn't brilliant, though.

The entire point is that it isn't accomplishing what they 'wish to accomplish'. If, going by your post, their objective was what you've stated it was, they've missed it by a wide margin - all I get, as a bystander, is that they need a safe space where they can't be criticized, or be the target of opinionated posts. The whole point of having credible FA is defending your actions, and doing what you can to maintain, or improve PR. This simply says, "We're lazy, we have shit FA, we want a safe space, pl0x don't criticize us. kthxbai."

The funny thing is, your entire post talks about anti-hegemoney people targeting Syndisphere by comparing them to a bunch of high-schoolers, which is amazing, considering the next part of your post:

Yeah, the second term does essentially say what you've described.  That much is true.  However, people could of - you know - followed it (i.e. be nice, shake hands, move on) but instead it's received far more complaints than I would of imagined and this appears to give some credence (true or not) to the narrative that i mentioned previous. 

Brilliant on IQ's part. :D

So you want people to shake hands, except - going by your post - IQ wants Syndisphere to look like a bunch of highschool kids in a clique? I'm sure your post does everything to quell all anti-IQ opinions people have by saying that IQ views Syndisphere in that way. Way to go, fam, way to go. 

Never thought I'd see the day someone's post would completely override their own post xdxd.

Edit: Grammarzz

Edited by Aristodemus
  • Upvote 1

You folks are really serious about that second term?

You know, I knew your leaders were odd about the whole re-wording the peace terms to avoid admitting defeat - trying to spin it in somewhat of a positive light to your respective alliances of some hard fought war...   but I didn't expect this.  I honestly did not.

All we wanted was an admission of defeat and we'd throw in a 90 day NAP.  But seeing that second term and the reaction it's getting, geezus.

Next time we just perma war until they go bankrupt, sound good? At least then they can have something legitimate to complain about. Would be a nice change of pace.

• Upvote 2

Next time we just perma war until they go bankrupt, sound good? At least then they can have something legitimate to complain about. Would be a nice change of pace.

Only in my dreams

• Upvote 1

Praise Dio. Every &#33;@#&#036;ing day.

Please Dio Please!

34q946o.gif

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Please Dio Please!

There was a term 5 about them acknowledging Dio as the one true God but we had to scrap that. Next time vanek and I should push harder for it. Hail Dio.

APPARENTLY there are people over there that found our Dio term annoying.

I wonder if it has to do with Zodiac.  You know, the very same people who shit talked the one true God Emperor of Orbis on their DoW, then got their shit kicked in for it.

Dio Brando - 2, Pansy Dragon Gods or whatever the hell Zodiac follows now - 0

tumblr_nnoj9gVzum1qfrd05o1_400.png

That's right Zodiac, gaze upon this and weep.

• Upvote 5