War. War Never Changes.

Lordship

*Sigh*

Nope, but it's obviously pointless to convince you otherwise.  Only stubborn people can change their own minds.

Says the guy who thinks everyone who disagrees with him (the vast majority of the people who have commented on your nonsense) is wrong and needs to change their minds... :P

Here, have a potato...

gives potato

Says the guy who thinks everyone who disagrees with him (the vast majority of the people who have commented on your nonsense) is wrong and needs to change their minds... :P

Here, have a potato...

gives potato

I guess you're not as well connected as I thought you were.  If you were, then you'd know there are many who have talked about this behind the scenes off forum because they anticipate the nasty remarks had on here. 

Just because you have an apparent majority doesn't mean everyone's on your side.  I'd advise you to keep the potato and stick it back between your ears where it came from.

We're almost at 20 pages of beating a dead horse.

Every war I've seen in Orbis has started the same way. Someone tries to start shit with Syndisphere thinking they have the advantage. They get a half-decent first strike in. Some combination of Mensa/TKR/Syndicate/BK (RIP) get ignored in favor of overtly engaging one of others. The ignored alliance builds up and slowly begins relieving pressure on one other. Then those two relieve pressure on the other two. Then the war turns into a loss for the opposition and the only defense people can come up with is either cheesy - nukes when they weren't good, or "winning" in the lower tiers - or total chaos ie paracov.

This screams disorganization, but it also screams a lack of morale / effort being put forth. This is a competitive setting where you have to try if you want to win and the people coming on the public forums trying to argue that things are unwinnable when half of syndicate split off to make a micro AND you turned BK to your side.

A lack of morale and organization usually turns into a dissatisfaction with leadership and yet Roquentin is still Emperor. Curufinwe is still Emperor. Pangui or Hansarius / insert-rotational old-guard figure here are still running UPN. Either fire your leaders and exit the greater political game if you're inactive and disinterested, or fire your leaders and step up to do what needs to be done.

• Upvote 3

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

Every war I've seen in Orbis has started the same way. Someone tries to start shit with Syndisphere thinking they have the advantage. They get a half-decent first strike in. Some combination of Mensa/TKR/Syndicate/BK (RIP) get ignored in favor of overtly engaging one of others. The ignored alliance builds up and slowly begins relieving pressure on one other. Then those two relieve pressure on the other two. Then the war turns into a loss for the opposition and the only defense people can come up with is either cheesy - nukes when they weren't good, or "winning" in the lower tiers - or total chaos ie paracov.

This screams disorganization, but it also screams a lack of morale / effort being put forth. This is a competitive setting where you have to try if you want to win and the people coming on the public forums trying to argue that things are unwinnable when half of syndicate split off to make a micro AND you turned BK to your side.

A lack of morale and organization usually turns into a dissatisfaction with leadership and yet Roquentin is still Emperor. Curufinwe is still Emperor. Pangui or Hansarius / insert-rotational old-guard figure here are still running UPN. Either fire your leaders and exit the greater political game if you're inactive and disinterested, or fire your leaders and step up to do what needs to be done.

To be fair, yes, adaptation is a necessity.  The left side's effort in the war is sorely lacking in organization and effective strategy.  It needs to understand balance instead of focusing too hard in particular ways.

Unfortunately, that would take having an alliance like Zodiac at the helm.  That's not going to happen.

I guess you're not as well connected as I thought you were.  If you were, then you'd know there are many who have talked about this behind the scenes off forum because they anticipate the nasty remarks had on here. 

Just because you have an apparent majority doesn't mean everyone's on your side.  I'd advise you to keep the potato and stick it back between your ears where it came from.

If they were capable of making a reason argument that doesn't consist of blaming everyone but themselves, their opinions would be more than welcome.

The problem is, the people on the losing end lack any sense of accountability and continue to fail with the exact same strategy every single time. Question: if syndisphere leaders continually led their alliances to failure, how long do you think they'd be around? Answer: no where near as long as the leaders from IQ Sphere.

I'm not surprised you don't realize this as you seem to be perpetually stuck in your own personal pity party. I'd imagine you fit in quite well with the people you are talking to behind the scenes, given we can probably guess who some of them are.

Simple fact is, unless they take some responsibility for their failures and change up their strategies and try something new, we will be forever stuck in this cycle. It's not up to us to try and suck so the losing party can feel better about themselves.

You've already proven beyond a doubt you have no idea what you are talking about (that lordareon thread where you thought we were all lordy fan boys, much lulz), so why don't you take some time to learn the dynamics of the game and it's FA before you start giving out ridiculous suggestions.

So here, keep the potato, you can salt it with your/IQ tears.

• Upvote 1

The problem is, the people on the losing end lack any sense of accountability and continue to fail with the exact same strategy every single time.

You've already proven beyond a doubt you have no idea what you are talking about

To be fair, yes, adaptation is a necessity.

*Facepalm*

Why do I even bother...

*Facepalm*

Why do I even bother...

Well so far you've bounced, syndisphere needs to make it easier one them to iq needs to adapt. So I'm just helping to drill home a key point you have clearly had a lot of difficulty understanding.

Are you even reading?  Look at the timestamps.  I understood that before you responded.

I don't expect your side to make things easier for IQ et al.  What I expect is for you to understand the innate advantage of being the older side.

If anything, this is the entire point of adaptation - to not get stuck in your ways in deference to what's tried and true and old-fashioned.

As for FA, you clearly haven't shown any understanding of what's been happening here and the rivalries that stretch back to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) long ago.

If you (and others) did, then you would have made a point about giving people a dose of their own medicine.

Are you even reading?  Look at the timestamps.  I understood that before you responded.

I don't expect your side to make things easier for IQ et al.  What I expect is for you to understand the innate advantage of being the older side.

If anything, this is the entire point of adaptation - to not get stuck in your ways in deference to what's tried and true and old-fashioned.

As for FA, you clearly haven't shown any understanding of what's been happening here and the rivalries that stretch back to (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) long ago.

If you (and others) did, then you would have made a point about giving people a dose of their own medicine.

Having been at the crib of the majority of rivalries that have shaped the current political atmosphere, i'd kindly point out that no, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) had jackshit to do with those.

I am perfectly capable of generating unrelated IC drama without needing to use the prehistoric relations from another game a my framework, thank you very much.

• Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

You say you think iq should adapt but most of your original posts revolve around us giving up our advantage. Examples given were: either quitting or having micros fight iq so they'll have a chance to not suck. So how about you think this through and come up with some suggestions on how your secret buddies and can adapt. They are the ones stuck in their ways, if we need to change up our strategy to win next time, we will. IQ probably won't but hey their incompetence is not our doing​...

As for fa i know very well the fa issues that arise from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), hell we almost had a cross over incident because a someone from IQ was butthurt they wouldn't get peace in pw...

Having been at the crib of the majority of rivalries that have shaped the current political atmosphere, i'd kindly point out that no, (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) had jackshit to do with those.

I am perfectly capable of generating unrelated IC drama without needing to use the prehistoric relations from another game a my framework, thank you very much.

I really don't buy that since the origin of Syndisphere versus IQ/Paracov goes back to the other game where UPN was the original status quo power that Syndisphere usurped.

A part of me has been wondering if this game is being played out to teach the left side of the war what it's like to experience what they had to experience long ago.

That said, yea, there is a lot that's happening on the side.  That part of things seems to be a genuine appeal to tradition without a doubt.

You say you think iq should adapt but most of your original posts revolve around us giving up our advantage. Examples given were: either quitting or having micros fight iq so they'll have a chance to not suck. So how about you think this through and come up with some suggestions on how your secret buddies and can adapt. They are the ones stuck in their ways, if we need to change up our strategy to win next time, we will. IQ probably won't but hey their incompetence is not our doing​...

As for fa i know very well the fa issues that arise from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), hell we almost had a cross over incident because a someone from IQ was butthurt they wouldn't get peace in pw...

My belief as it stands is that if your side and IQ/Paracov were created simultaneously, your side would win because IQ has poor organization, strategy, etc.  The advantage you have in time is not why IQ is losing.  Indeed, IQ is failing to adapt.

The problem your side has is that even if IQ didn't exist, you would still stagnate the game.  There is no good reason for a third party to join this world as long as you continue to sit on your stockpiles of saved resources.

The problem your side has is that even if IQ didn't exist, you would still stagnate the game.

Definitely going to disagree here. Without Paracov/IQ consistently attacking Syndisphere, it would have already fallen apart. I know because I'd have done it myself, over a year ago. :P

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I really don't buy that since the origin of Syndisphere versus IQ/Paracov goes back to the other game where UPN was the original status quo power that Syndisphere usurped.

A part of me has been wondering if this game is being played out to teach the left side of the war what it's like to experience what they had to experience long ago.

That said, yea, there is a lot that's happening on the side. That part of things seems to be a genuine appeal to tradition without a doubt.

Please read up on the history of this game. None of what you just said makes sense.

• Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

Every war I've seen in Orbis has started the same way. Someone tries to start shit with Syndisphere thinking they have the advantage. They get a half-decent first strike in. Some combination of Mensa/TKR/Syndicate/BK (RIP) get ignored in favor of overtly engaging one of others. The ignored alliance builds up and slowly begins relieving pressure on one other. Then those two relieve pressure on the other two. Then the war turns into a loss for the opposition and the only defense people can come up with is either cheesy - nukes when they weren't good, or "winning" in the lower tiers - or total chaos ie paracov. You definitely missed a couple of wars at minimum, then.

This screams disorganization, but it also screams a lack of morale / effort being put forth. This is a competitive setting where you have to try if you want to win and the people coming on the public forums trying to argue that things are unwinnable when half of syndicate split off to make a micro AND you turned BK to your side. We want to have fun. As far as I've seen in our Discord and forums that's been achieved.

A lack of morale and organization usually turns into a dissatisfaction with leadership and yet Roquentin is still Emperor. Curufinwe is still Emperor. Pangui or Hansarius / insert-rotational old-guard figure here are still running UPN. Either fire your leaders and exit the greater political game if you're inactive and disinterested, or fire your leaders and step up to do what needs to be done. Uh, no. Having been in both NPO (where Roq enjoys basically total and all-encompassing loyalty from the members and government alike. Curufinwe is simiarly very well-liked in BK and unlikely to go anywhere soon short of him tiring of leading an alliance ( which is tedious and requires a lot of maintenance) or something IRL. Beyond that the pnly people that seem to dislike the governance are outside of those alliances and their opinions on leadership, changes, government and so forth are completely moot.

If they were capable of making a reason argument that doesn't consist of blaming everyone but themselves, their opinions would be more than welcome. Their opinions are welcome at all times. This is not an Syndisphere forum, it's a game forum.

The problem is, the people on the losing end lack any sense of accountability and continue to fail with the exact same strategy every single time. Question: if syndisphere leaders continually led their alliances to failure, how long do you think they'd be around? Answer: no where near as long as the leaders from IQ Sphere. Yeah, the two spheres are different. We like our leaders and greatly enjoy their decisions and other elements of government. Failure to be popular outside of one of these alliances makes no difference whatsoever.

I'm not surprised you don't realize this as you seem to be perpetually stuck in your own personal pity party. I'd imagine you fit in quite well with the people you are talking to behind the scenes, given we can probably guess who some of them are.

Simple fact is, unless they take some responsibility for their failures and change up their strategies and try something new, we will be forever stuck in this cycle. It's not up to us to try and suck so the losing party can feel better about themselves. Sounds like we're going to remain in the same situation, then. I don't think we have a problem with that so much as your side does.

GICjEwp.gif

Please read up on the history of this game. None of what you just said makes sense.

Mate:

On 8 June, the New Pacific Order, a strong alliance that had come to P&W from Cybernations some months before but had not yet fought in any P&W alliance war, signed a treaty with UPN. Taken together with their treaties to VE and others this put them firmly on Paracovenant's side.

On 9 June, Partisan (the head of t$) publicly called out NPO, posting a leaked thread from their forums in the game Cybernations. This thread called for Cybernations players to join the Politics and War version of NPO in order to help in an upcoming war, which would supposedly be an attack on the P&W version of NPO due to their success in Cybernations. This was supported by a chatlog from a non-government t$ member who declined an offer to join NPO, saying "Eh. You'll get killed off in the next war...nobody in this game wants you here." Partisan accused NPO of taking the remark out of context and trying to frame t$ as a threat to rally support for a war against t$, and of crossing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) politics into P&W.

http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/NPO%27s_First_Time_%E2%99%A5

What are you talking about?

Mate:

On 8 June, the New Pacific Order, a strong alliance that had come to P&W from Cybernations some months before but had not yet fought in any P&W alliance war, signed a treaty with UPN. Taken together with their treaties to VE and others this put them firmly on Paracovenant's side.

On 9 June, Partisan (the head of t$) publicly called out NPO, posting a leaked thread from their forums in the game Cybernations. This thread called for Cybernations players to join the Politics and War version of NPO in order to help in an upcoming war, which would supposedly be an attack on the P&W version of NPO due to their success in Cybernations. This was supported by a chatlog from a non-government t$ member who declined an offer to join NPO, saying "Eh. You'll get killed off in the next war...nobody in this game wants you here." Partisan accused NPO of taking the remark out of context and trying to frame t$ as a threat to rally support for a war against t$, and of crossing (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) politics into P&W.

http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/NPO's_First_Time_♥

What are you talking about?

He's talking about PnW not (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), stop being such a whiney

11320756-spoiled-female-dog-english-bull

(That dog is female btw)

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Right, but the point is a bunch of guys on the left side of the war dragged over a petty rivalry after being usurped as the status quo powers that be over there.

Syndisphere's motive since then has been, "Well if you're going to be petty, then we'll show you what it's like when we're on top and you have to usurp us."

Right, but the point is a bunch of guys on the left side of the war dragged over a petty rivalry after being usurped as the status quo powers that be over there.

Syndisphere's motive since then has been, "Well if you're going to be petty, then we'll show you what it's like when we're on top and you have to usurp us."

Mate please stop reading history from wiki and teaching to those who the history is written about. *sighs*

• Upvote 4

I'm not teaching there.  I'm saying that's what's available to read.  If something else is to be known, then it should be explained.

Mate:

http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/NPO%27s_First_Time_%E2%99%A5

What are you talking about? Interestingly those recruitments weren't for fighting nations at all.

No, Syndisphere brought over a grudge from the game you mentioned and used it as an excuse to begin a war with the other side. You have your nouns quite backwards.

GICjEwp.gif

Guest Karl VII

He's talking about PnW not (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways), stop being such a whiney

11320756-spoiled-female-dog-english-bull

(That dog is female btw)

Did you just assume the dogs gender?