War. War Never Changes.

Lordship

Eh I'm pretty sure a lot of people would still !@#$ about no cb even if IQ said they had none.

I mean launching a CB-less war isn't great but it's better than their current story

C0r3Fye.png

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!!!

Here have a cupcake.

On a side note, if there's no changing their minds, maybe we should actually behave like the big bag hegemoney they make us out to be? Cause !@#$ it, why not?

You could...

...but then nobody would join or stay here outside of you guys playing with yourselves.  

There are times I wonder if Roq says what he says on purpose to provoke you guys into self-destruction.  

I mean launching a CB-less war isn't great but it's better than their current story

There is only one good CB in a game like this - to win.

If you declare war on people for any other reason, then meh.  Go do something else to make better use of your time.

You could...

...but then nobody would join or stay here outside of you guys playing with yourselves.  

There are times I wonder if Roq says what he says on purpose to provoke you guys into self-destruction.

That's some beautiful irony considering IQ was a perfect example of self destruction...

That's some beautiful irony considering IQ was a perfect example of self destruction...

My honest impression is the guys over there are getting bored of social strategy games ever since their legacy in the other game. 

It gets boring after a while.  They're just burning out now, not self-destructing.

Edited by Argotitan

My honest impression is the guys over there are getting bored of social strategy games ever since their legacy in the other game. 

It gets boring after a while.  They're just burning out now, not self-destructing.

I don't think it's burning out considering npo continually tries to overthrow the big bad syndisphere. If it's boredom, it might have something to do with the 100% taxes and hard core city and infra capping preventing them from doing anything in game during peace time.

Eh I'm pretty sure a lot of people would still !@#$ about no cb even if IQ said they had none.

I can only speak for myself, but I could respect it when NPO went in without a CB or even a DoW in the Silent War. They just owned it, without BS or excuses. That's respectable and I didn't say shit then.

Here, Roq is trying to push out some thinly veiled and wildly inconsistent narrative that makes no sense. If Roq came out and was like "We !@#$ed up how we handled the beginning, middle and end of this war. We will aim to do better next time" that'd be something I could respect.

• Upvote 1

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

I can only speak for myself, but I could respect it when NPO went in without a CB or even a DoW in the Silent War. They just owned it, without BS or excuses. That's respectable and I didn't say shit then.

Here, Roq is trying to push out some thinly veiled and wildly inconsistent narrative that makes no sense. If Roq came out and was like "We !@#$ed up how we handled the beginning, middle and end of this war. We will aim to do better next time" that'd be something I could respect.

Except that's not the truth. There's a legitimate CB, your sphere has it. They're either choosing to not share it with you or don't consider you important enough to share it with. Take your pick.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Except that's not the truth. There's a legitimate CB, your sphere has it. They're either choosing to not share it with you or don't consider you important enough to share it with. Take your pick.

You got me Kastor, I think I'll wallow in sorrow, steal some banks, double deal with both sides and generally be a joke now.

Unless you're referring to the super secret intel which is definitely gabage, in which case: lmao

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

I don't think it's burning out considering npo continually tries to overthrow the big bad syndisphere. If it's boredom, it might have something to do with the 100% taxes and hard core city and infra capping preventing them from doing anything in game during peace time.

I don't buy that because 100% taxes should make econ management easy for newcomers.  They should join the alliance, not have to worry about what to build, and just follow simple orders.  Boredom often comes from development taking forever, and having to think about exactly what to do.

That style of gameplay doesn't apply to everyone, but some people like it.  They join games like this to be part of something bigger where they can succeed in being part of the action.  Making the action happen is a pain in the neck to them.

Peacetime should be exciting from building team chemistry through social activities, and teaching people how the economy works.  If anything, it should help groom proteges to succeed those in power. 

Again, we need to remember this is a game.  It's not like in real life where private property is connected to free time and living a life of luxury.  

Eh, I for one do not give a single shit about casus belli. It can be legitime or not who cares.

War is war and war is fun.

However, if you claim to have a legitime reason for war I don't really see much of a reason for why you'd mention some fancy schmancy reason or other and then not divulge the evidence you were basing it on. But each to their own.

Can we please just all go back to waring in a month or two?

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

If the other side already has your CB then why not share it. I know you claim to be hiding the identity of someone but if the otherside have it then they know the identity... so the only people not in the know are... the neutrals and people that you claim are being used. Might not Bollocks and co. be a little miffed at being kept in the dark if there is a legit CB?

Edited by Senatorius

We can already assume tC and Mensa don't have it, so ill infer right now that either Rose, TKR, or t$ has it. So are you trying to tell us, Roq and Kastor, that Syndisphere, as close as they are (which according to hippo is very close), is choosing not to share this smoking gun CB with each other? I call bull. Also adding on to what Senatorious said, if each side has possession of the CB alfeady, what's preventing you from posting it here?

Edited by Hope
  • Upvote 1

We can already assume tC and Mensa don't have it, so ill infer right now that either Rose, TKR, or t$ has it. So are you trying to tell us, Roq and Kastor, that Syndisphere, as close as they are (which according to hippo is very close), is choosing not to share this smoking gun CB with each other? I call bull. Also adding on to what Senatorious said, if each side has possession of the CB alfeady, what's preventing you from posting it here?

Probably the fact that it doesn't exist. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

I don't think it's burning out considering npo continually tries to overthrow the big bad syndisphere. If it's boredom, it might have something to do with the 100% taxes and hard core city and infra capping preventing them from doing anything in game during peace time. I assume you've noticed NPO members loving that system

GICjEwp.gif

I don't think it's burning out considering npo continually tries to overthrow the big bad syndisphere. If it's boredom, it might have something to do with the 100% taxes and hard core city and infra capping preventing them from doing anything in game during peace time. I assume you've noticed NPO members loving that system

Is that why roq himself claimed npo isn't all that active?

• Upvote 1

I don't buy that because 100% taxes should make econ management easy for newcomers. They should join the alliance, not have to worry about what to build, and just follow simple orders. Boredom often comes from development taking forever, and having to think about exactly what to do.

That style of gameplay doesn't apply to everyone, but some people like it. They join games like this to be part of something bigger where they can succeed in being part of the action. Making the action happen is a pain in the neck to them.

Peacetime should be exciting from building team chemistry through social activities, and teaching people how the economy works. If anything, it should help groom proteges to succeed those in power.

Again, we need to remember this is a game. It's not like in real life where private property is connected to free time and living a life of luxury.

That's where grants come into play, most alliances do them until at least 7 cities but give their members the freedom to do whatever beyond that point. And since npo won't build their members beyond 10 cities or so and still takes all their money, they don't have the ability to do more even if they wanted to.

Part of learning is having the ability to try new things, not having someone take all your money and tell you exactly what to do while basically preventing you from doing anything additional.

It doesn't really create proteges as you suggest, just mindless drones that don't think for themselves when it comes to growth and econ. NPO is like a shitty version of the Borg. Everyone nation looks the same, doesn't have the ability to be different, and are just drones to the queen.

And therefore, if there is no reason to be active during peace time, how are they going to build this chemistry and what not?

Edited by Felkey

If the other side already has your CB then why not share it. I know you claim to be hiding the identity of someone but if the otherside have it then they know the identity... so the only people not in the know are... the neutrals and people that you claim are being used. Might not Bollocks and co. be a little miffed at being kept in the dark if there is a legit CB?

Simply not mine to give out. Ask Roq.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

That's where grants come into play, most alliances do them until at least 7 cities but give their members the freedom to do whatever beyond that point. And since npo won't build their members beyond 10 cities or so and still takes all their money, they don't have the ability to do more even if they wanted to.

Part of learning is having the ability to try new things, not having someone take all your money and tell you exactly what to do while basically preventing you from doing anything additional.

It doesn't really create proteges as you suggest, just mindless drones that don't think for themselves when it comes to growth and econ. NPO is like a shitty version of the Borg. Everyone nation looks the same, doesn't have the ability to be different, and are just drones to the queen.

And therefore, if there is no reason to be active during peace time, how are they going to build this chemistry and what not?

Mmmm... that's one side of learning.

Another side of learning is the social side of the game in recruiting more people into your alliance.  They're taking a quantity before quality approach where they want to recruit more people and build cheaper cities in order to expand their tax base.  Perhaps in the future after they've developed enough players, they'll finally shift gears.

Peacetime to them should be about recruiting more which is where chemistry comes from.