War. War Never Changes.

Lordship

They have a lot of old nations. Just look at NPO: they could be at 12 / 13 cities by now, for instance.

I, and most people here, play to win. My side shouldn't give away any freebies. We're more skilled, which is why we've won several times, some of them as underdogs. It's up to the players to shape the way the game goes, not the admin.

As for the low tier thing, they've !@#$ed it up. The alliance pairing (which alliance would attack who) was absolutely atrocious. How on earth do you preempt and leave out TKR? The enemy coalition was clueless at using score ranges during this war. For instance, if my side wanted to go on the offensive, it would have been tricky af, logistically it would be quite difficult.

Long story short, IQsphere blew it. You can try finding all sorts of excuses, but in the end they just shot themselves in the foot.

There's no problem with playing to win.  If anything, that's what everyone should do who plays a game (and it's what I complain about in my other game since the winners are just dragging out their victory which is discouraging future players from joining the game).

The point is your victory has been had.  It's time to move on.  Every season has its champion.  It's time to start a new season.

The point is your victory has been had.  It's time to move on.  Every season has its champion.  It's time to start a new season.

Well I guess we can try to lose on purpose. Dunno if that will be enough to prevent us from winning, coz the other side would probably find some way to mess it up, but we could always try. :)

There's no problem. Both sides are, in my opinion, just as capable of winning wars, it's just one of them isn't because they're going about everything so poorly.

Equal opportunity doesn't guarantee an equal outcome.

Edited by Hope

Well I guess we can try to lose on purpose. Dunno if that will be enough to prevent us from winning, coz the other side would probably find some way to mess it up, but we could always try. :)

If the admins aren't willing to reset the server on their own, you have a few options:

1) Understand the angles of alliance relationships, and entice those on the other side to follow suit.  If the other side isn't willing to do so, then recruit protectorates who annihilate the opposition altogether.  Once it's annihilated, carry on with your own rivalries.  For example, a lot of people might argue the conflict at hand is like the Cold War of capitalism versus communism.  If the capitalists have won, then the communists should either become tools of the capitalists in their own corporate wars, or the communists should be totally erased from the game before the corporate wars begin.  

2) Realize that you've established an "elite tier" in the game that nobody else will ever challenge, and engage in proxy wars between your protectorates where you compete over influence.  

3) Do what I've done and move on to playing another game.  You'll eventually get bored of this one and want a different experience.

3)Do what I've done and move on to playing another game. You'll eventually get bored of this one and want a different experience.

Just leave then, don't let the door hit you on the way out. No one really cares about anything you say, you're just viewed as another complainer. Trying to convince others that intentionally not putting themselves at a disadvantage is stupid, and suggesting for people who cant keep up to just quit is ridiculous. It's not impossible to catch up because purchasing a city for the top guys is absurdly expensive compared to others. If you are that bothered by the strategy used by the dominant players here, then take your own advice and leave. No one wants to read your posts !@#$ing about strategy.

• Upvote 6

Just leave then, don't let the door hit you on the way out. No one really cares about anything you say, you're just viewed as another complainer. Trying to convince others that intentionally not putting themselves at a disadvantage is stupid, and suggesting for people who cant keep up to just quit is ridiculous. It's not impossible to catch up because purchasing a city for the top guys is absurdly expensive compared to others. If you are that bothered by the strategy used by the dominant players here, then take your own advice and leave. No one wants to read your posts !@#$ about strategy.

Yea, you're an idiot in more than one way, and a jerk at that.  Heck, your avatar is literally a troll.

I was talking about leaving other games to try this out.   Learn to read.

Yea, you're an idiot in more than one way, and a jerk at that.  Heck, your avatar is literally a troll.

I was talking about leaving other games to try this out.   Learn to read.

I understand you left another place to come here, but all you do is complain - so what's keeping you here?

I understand you left another place to come here, but all you do is complain - so what's keeping you here?

I don't complain.  I advise so the players here can make better decisions instead of having to learn the hard way.  I've played a lot of these games before, and I've "won" them as well by being in a position of dominance for a long period of time, so I share my expertise to accelerate their development.

If the admins aren't willing to reset the server on their own, you have a few options:

1) Understand the angles of alliance relationships, and entice those on the other side to follow suit.  If the other side isn't willing to do so, then recruit protectorates who annihilate the opposition altogether.  Once it's annihilated, carry on with your own rivalries.  For example, a lot of people might argue the conflict at hand is like the Cold War of capitalism versus communism.  If the capitalists have won, then the communists should either become tools of the capitalists in their own corporate wars, or the communists should be totally erased from the game before the corporate wars begin.  

2) Realize that you've established an "elite tier" in the game that nobody else will ever challenge, and engage in proxy wars between your protectorates where you compete over influence.  

3) Do what I've done and move on to playing another game.  You'll eventually get bored of this one and want a different experience.

Or 4) wait for the other side (who keeps preempting us while always playing the victim card) to git gud.

The only advantage they didn't have was in the high tier. If you had let me do the alliance pairing for this last war, I 100% guarantee you it wouldn't have been the absolute trainwreck it was for IQsphere. When you allocate 7 alliances to t$ and none to TKR, you're just asking to get your ass clapped.

It's not up to us to show them pity. And if IQsphere wants it then it means they're real losers. Let them start owning up to their mistakes and shortcomings instead of trying to shift the blame from their incompetence every single time, and you'll see them improve.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

Or 4) wait for the other side (who keeps preempting us while always playing the victim card) to git gud.

The only advantage they didn't have was in the high tier. If you had let me do the alliance pairing for this last war, I 100% guarantee you it wouldn't have been the absolute trainwreck it was for IQsphere. When you allocate 7 alliances to t$ and none to TKR, you're just asking to get your ass clapped.

It's not up to us to show them pity. And if IQsphere wants it then it means they're real losers. Let them start owning up to their mistakes and shortcomings instead of trying to shift the blame from their incompetence every single time, and you'll see them improve.

Being fair to IQ: As I understand, political considerations (See treaty chaining) made a direct hit on TKR a quagmire. From that pov, I can understand why TKR was dodged.

But..... I still believe there would have been better courses of action to take for IQ that would have seen better results.

os9LcJK.gif

I don't complain.  I advise so the players here can make better decisions instead of having to learn the hard way.  I've played a lot of these games before, and I've "won" them as well by being in a position of dominance for a long period of time, so I share my expertise to accelerate their development.

But your advice is terrible, or should I say... Not gud :P

If you aren't complaining then what the !@#$ were those lordy and morality threads about?

Being fair to IQ: As I understand, political considerations (See treaty chaining) made a direct hit on TKR a quagmire. From that pov, I can understand why TKR was dodged.

But..... I still believe there would have been better courses of action to take for IQ that would have seen better results.

Hm, I see where you're coming from, but not preempting one of the biggest hitters on our side was pure suicide imo. TKR would have to be dealt with eventually, so might as preempt them too instead of letting them go on the offensive.

By going on the offensive (especially with BK saying they wanted to preserve the relationships with the likes of t$ and Mensa, then actively conspiring against allies and allies of allies alongside Zodiac and Cornerstone), IQsphere threw all political capital out the window. To put it simply, the only way they'd get away with it would be by winning the war. Therefore TKR would have to be taken out as soon as possible.

There were 3 alliances on our side that needed to be preempted, in case IQsphere wanted to do things right: TKR, t$ and Mensa. When you've jeopardized political capital, the only way to save your ass is to win. IQsphere couldn't have won by not preempting TKR. At least that's how I see it.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

Or 4) wait for the other side (who keeps preempting us while always playing the victim card) to git gud. Purpose of Politics and War? Fun. We had fun. We're still having fun. Success.

The only advantage they didn't have was in the high tier. If you had let me do the alliance pairing for this last war, I 100% guarantee you it wouldn't have been the absolute trainwreck it was for IQsphere. When you allocate 7 alliances to t$ and none to TKR, you're just asking to get your ass clapped. It's not really much of a trainwreck, everything's returning to normal and we're just not rushing because there's no reason to do so.

It's not up to us to show them pity. And if IQsphere wants it then it means they're real losers. Let them start owning up to their mistakes and shortcomings instead of trying to shift the blame from their incompetence every single time, and you'll see them improve. Has anyone from IQ actually even posted anything negative in any of these threads regarding the situation as it stands in more than a, "Well, here's what we have. Do you like it? We can't change it alone, but if it's cool like this so be it." And we couldn't have done it alone so we approached alternatives and are now having a pretty awesome timeout. You're welcome to judge us based on whatever you decide is the reason you bother to even login; hopefully it's not just sunken cost fallacy or something because that would be kind of depressing.

By going on the offensive (especially with BK saying they wanted to preserve the relationships with the likes of t$ and Mensa, then actively conspiring against allies and allies of allies alongside Zodiac and Cornerstone), IQsphere threw all political capital out the window. To put it simply, the only way they'd get away with it would be by winning the war. Therefore TKR would have to be taken out as soon as possible. Our political capital has, if anything, increased as a group. I'm sorry if BK had to betray their former friends, but I would think TKR at  least would be familiar with ignoring treaties and forwarding shared information directly to the opposing side.

There were 3 alliances on our side that needed to be preempted, in case IQsphere wanted to do things right: TKR, t$ and Mensa. When you've jeopardized political capital, the only way to save your ass is to win. IQsphere couldn't have won by not preempting TKR. At least that's how I see it.  Yeah, you should probably work on sound less bitter. You won. Presumably that's what you find the most fun in Politics and War and receive what you like in exchange. For someone to get another change at a new group of targets and win against them seems like you'd be sounding a lot less bitter and hostile than you seem to be now.

GICjEwp.gif

Yea, you could wait...

...but that's going to take a very long time, and third party newcomers to the game aren't going to be thrilled.  

I don't expect you to show them pity either.  Heck, if you want to smash them to bits, go ahead. That's what I suggested in the first part when saying to annihilate them.  At least then, your alliance will finally be motivated to break up and create a new round of conflict.

But your advice is terrible, or should I say... Not gud :P

If you aren't complaining then what the !@#$ were those lordy and morality threads about?

Read them in detail and you'll see.  

Honestly, I wish I could have written them outside of personal perspective since they'd be more persuasive, but alas...

I don't complain. I advise so the players here can make better decisions instead of having to learn the hard way. I've played a lot of these games before, and I've "won" them as well by being in a position of dominance for a long period of time, so I share my expertise to accelerate their development.

The only games you have ever 'won" were in single player mode im gonna guess.

Edited by Nemesis

Untitled.png

Yea, you could wait...

...but that's going to take a very long time, and third party newcomers to the game aren't going to be thrilled.

I don't expect you to show them pity either. Heck, if you want to smash them to bits, go ahead. That's what I suggested in the first part when saying to annihilate them. At least then, your alliance will finally be motivated to break up and create a new round of conflict.

Read them in detail and you'll see.

Honestly, I wish I could have written them outside of personal perspective since they'd be more persuasive, but alas...

I did read them in detail, they weren't​ even remotely persuasive or sensible. And how do you seriously call them unbiased? They were rather pathetic and full of self pity. Most of your posts in general contained warped logic that revolves around the dominant party essentially cutting off their right rather than the losing side, whether it be you as a raider or IQ, changing up the way they do things in an effort to achieve a different result. So for the love of what little sanity we all have left, stop making idiotic posts, we don't need more IQ apologists here. What we need is people in IQ who are willing and able to try a new strategy rather than fail with the same one repeatedly. Edited by Felkey
  • Upvote 3

They've been opponents way before you were here, and it's going to take a lot of time for it to change.

Well to be fair

https://m.imgur.com/nPrZmES

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I did read them in detail, they weren't​ even remotely persuasive or sensible. And how do you seriously call them unbiased? They were rather pathetic and full of self pity. Most of your posts in general contained warped logic that revolves around the dominant party essentially cutting off their right rather than the losing side, whether it be you as a raider or IQ, changing up the way they do things in an effort to achieve a different result. So for the love of what little sanity we all have left, stop making idiotic posts, we don't need more IQ apologists here. What we need is people in IQ who are willing and able to try a new strategy rather than fail with the same one repeatedly.

You obviously didn't read them because they weren't about rights.  In fact, I very deliberately say in one of them, "This isn't a simulation of real life with justice and morals."

You obviously didn't read them because they weren't about rights. In fact, I very deliberately say in one of them, "This isn't a simulation of real life with justice and morals."

That was supposed to say "right hand", as in handicap themselves, but sadly I did read them... Much tears and salt were involved in writing them...

Edited by Felkey

*Sigh*

Nope, but it's obviously pointless to convince you otherwise.  Only stubborn people can change their own minds.

I can change my mind and I'm not stubborn

• Upvote 1

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.