Blockade Permissions

Dubayoo

Sometimes, you're at war with someone who you want to peace, but they can't trade with you to pay you off because you've blockaded them.

In real life, this is ridiculous.  An aggressor would obviously allow cargo ships through to pay off the aggressor.  The same would deal with if the attacked wanted to trade with one's bank to facilitate the payoff.

Wide open to manipultion by the blockaded player. They can use this to buy needed resources instead of payment

Also, if you are paying them back, they will almost always declare peace beforehand.

LTcxGHN.jpg

The point is for the blockader to grant the blockaded permissions to interact on a selective basis.  For example, the blockaded could be allowed to send resources to one's alliance bank, but couldn't receive resources from one's alliance bank.

I'm not sure what the second line is about, but it suggests that the way the system works forces the blockader to assume the risk of the blockaded not paying up after a peace offer is accepted.

The point is for the blockader to grant the blockaded permissions to interact on a selective basis.  For example, the blockaded could be allowed to send resources to one's alliance bank, but couldn't receive resources from one's alliance bank.

1. The blockaded nation can just ask another friendly nation/team-mate to send the resources to the blockader for him/her via a trade offer and then just repay this team-mate after the blockade ends.

2. Another way is to get your alliance bank send the money to the blockader and then you just repay your bank.

I'm not sure what the second line is about, but it suggests that the way the system works forces the blockader to assume the risk of the blockaded not paying up after a peace offer is accepted.

Well, you can say the opposite too though for your idea: the one being blockaded would assume the risk of paying and actually not being given peace after payment.

It all comes down to trust between players.

The obvious exploit is that I could pay a pirate to fight me and also take my resources through a blockade and send them where they need to be sent.

Effectively nullifying the blockade of other players. That's a good idea. :v

• Upvote 1

1. The blockaded nation can just ask another friendly nation/team-mate to send the resources to the blockader for him/her via a trade offer and then just repay this team-mate after the blockade ends.

2. Another way is to get your alliance bank send the money to the blockader and then you just repay your bank.

Well, you can say the opposite too though for your idea: the one being blockaded would assume the risk of paying and actually not being given peace after payment.

It all comes down to trust between players.

Yea, but that creates an optional difficulty that shouldn't be obligated. Just because it's possible to use a third party doesn't mean a third party should have to be used.

As for the risk, that's true, but that's how it should work.  The blockading should have control over who assumes the risk, not the blockaded.  After all, the blockading is the one in a position of control.

The obvious exploit is that I could pay a pirate to fight me and also take my resources through a blockade and send them where they need to be sent.

Then multiple conditions can exist in blockade options just like how they currently work for nullifying area control.

Simple solution - have an additional action, so instead of offering peace, you can offer terms, including a demand for the payment - when accepted, it transfers the funds and establishes the peace.

• Upvote 3

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

Simple solution - have an additional action, so instead of offering peace, you can offer terms, including a demand for the payment - when accepted, it transfers the funds and establishes the peace.

What if they don't have enough funds, and they won't for a while [i.e payment spread over a week]

LTcxGHN.jpg

What if they don't have enough funds, and they won't for a while [i.e payment spread over a week]

Then they burn. giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Seems like you could have a specific "blockade trade" that allows A to offer a trade to B while A is blockaded by B. Set it up so that A can offer peace, setup a "blockade trade", go offline, then B can accept peace, and then, and only then, if A is not blockaded by anyone at that point, does the "blockade trade" become an actual trade that he can accept.

Would allow payments to pirates without exploiting the blockade system.

Although you might have a few problems with A canceling the trade right after B accepts peace, which could be patched with a little time limit.

In fact, this could make 3 coordinated priates hit someone, have the target send "blockade trades", then they all accept peace at once and accept their payment.

Seems like such a simple fix. I must be missing something.