Inquisition Flight 420 to Nassau - UPN Removed

Pangui

Meh, I like NPO strategy.

It's nothing new.  Hell, it was Mensa's strat when we first started up here, but we didn't handicap ourselves and our allies by remaining at 9/10 cities.

You have some serious gall to be saying this, especially when given you were behind attacking us for trying to do just that before. Here's the thing: if we get dropped by people every time they lose because they seem to think Syndisphere is invincible and they don't want to try anymore, it's not really a defect on our part to have  looked to our own defenses by securing ourselves in a tier where we can be competitive as opposed to the gangbang by the mid tier alliances and then getting pinned down by whoever you had in the lowers. As things looked to remain that way until your former allies got bored of running the game with your former alliance, it was the best orientation rather than open ourselves up to attacks like the one Mensa did on SK in December.

I mean, you can't really criticize us for consolidating when your side has made it clear it would consolidate the upper tier and your upper tier consolidation happened before our lower tier consolidation and has been a continual process. You even took out the only concentrated upper tier outside of your sphere. Given many of the usual bragposters reside in that tier, I doubt they'd be willing to sacrifice to make the game interesting for anyone else. It was already stated if the war had taken longer to happen, we would have tried going higher, so it happening now was suboptimal.

I can totally criticize you for consolidating! I just did. The reason I did it is I think the way you did it is boring, as the way you consolidated locks down an entire tier, which directly contradicts the narrative you used earlier about trying to keep the game from stagnating. If saying that is gall, I'm gall to the sky. I'm down for less stagnation. Me and a lot of other people should be on your side in this war. You're not grasping why we're not.

Edit: I was never behind attacking you, btw. Do you mean Syndisphere more generally? Because I'm not in that. I wasn't FA in your first war. Your second was you and Keegoz being paranoid about what I might do and hitting me, when really the idea of redoing the same war again bored the shit out me. :P

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I'm liking your conspiracy theory here. Ultimately, it comes down to your allies were tired of the status quo and they came to us, not the other way around. That's not really me hatching a scheme there.

I don't have any veto power over dragging it out or not and I don't intend to try to exercise it.

edit: fixed

It is a good conspiracy theory, isn't it?

But hey, if what you say is true, and the rest of the alliance's leaders really want to drag this out - well, I hope their members understand the situation because we're not letting off the gas pedal on our steamroller.  We know NPO will be fine, but can the rest say the same for themselves?

Look at Cornerstone, for example.  They're pretty much done.  10 VM nations, more in Applicant listing, dropped down to 31 members.

And holy shit, HBE's Applicant list (I know a lot of those are newly created, but damn...)

Edited by Buorhann

I can totally criticize you for consolidating! I just did. The reason I did it is I think the way you did it is boring, as the way you consolidated locks down an entire tier, which directly contradicts the narrative you used earlier about trying to keep the game from stagnating. If saying that is gall, I'm gall to the sky. I'm down for less stagnation. Me and a lot of other people should be on your side in this war. You're not grasping why we're not.

If those are the only people willing to shake it up, then  it's not really our fault that it happened to consolidate a tier. I wasn't going to turn the down the opportunity to change things, if I did then I'd really be incompetent instead of it being a go to for your side. I know for a fact your former alliance got tons of outreach from people who were traditionally opposed to it way before BK, CS, and Zodiac. You could have easily done something.

But hey, if what you say is true, and the rest of the alliance's leaders really want to drag this out - well, I hope their members understand the situation because we're not letting off the gas pedal on our steamroller.  We know NPO will be fine, but can the rest say the same for themselves?

Look at Cornerstone, for example.  They're pretty much done.  10 VM nations, more in Applicant listing, dropped down to 31 members.

And holy shit, HBE's Applicant list (I know a lot of those are newly created, but damn...)

The faux concern thing you guys do every war is always transparent.   I'm sure they think you're looking out for their best interests.

• Upvote 1

The faux concern thing you guys do every war is always transparent.   I'm sure they think you're looking out for their best interests.

We're not, but we're hoping you are.  Afterall, you did previously complain about people not wanting to break up Syndisphere to ally different alliances before.  Why would Mensa ally up with NPO?  Humor me the pros and cons, because I see a lot more cons than pros at the moment with statements such as this.

You guys have a bad habit of insulting the alliances bleeding beside you. SRD isn't even in VE. Roq already caught this, but it was referring to when I was VE's SecState and he was SecDef.

>Shit talking his ally in war.

>Not even his ally in war.

durmij? posting incorrect things from not knowing why such a post has no bearing on present-day VE. It's certainly not something you do a lot. l

We've hit peak milton.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the plan all along.  Get some Syndisphere friends to change sides, then get them stuck in a long ass war, and finally have them develop grudges between each other.

NPO has nothing to lose, but a lot to gain in such a situation. That's remarkably paranoid.

Just to clarify I'm pretty sure Milton meant VE when he and SRD were in it and not their current performance. VE has been great in this war under Seeker. Exactly, even though Roq beat me to posting clarification.

It's nothing new.  Hell, it was Mensa's strat when we first started up here, but we didn't handicap ourselves and our allies by remaining at 9/10 cities. Do you guys think the game is about growing every person as fast as possible? It's not a race. If an alliance decides to strategically control its growth that should be a lot more effective than Syndisphere's "Good God, if we don't continue to grow how will we ever live?-strategy. Different people play different ways. I just deleted three cities to drop back down to 8 and I've been playing for years.

An absence of being willing to do what you've offered so far is remarkably popular in BK polling. NPO's members are even more fiercely loyal.  We're quite alright, but thank you for your concern. If you could ask your group when it'll be willing to pay reparations for peace we'll be right here.

GICjEwp.gif

If those are the only people willing to shake it up, then  it's not really our fault that it happened to consolidate a tier. I wasn't going to turn the down the opportunity to change things, if I did then I'd really be incompetent instead of it being a go to for your side.

I think you're very competent, but disingenuous. There were jillions of people looking to shake things up and yours conveniently consolidated a tier that you're in. So I think you have no problem with that and never did. You've really had to bend your narrative all over the place in the time you've been playing the game, but looking at what you've done makes it pretty obvious, at least to me.

Which means yes, you did pass up the opportunity to change things, because you could have done other things than "let's whine about hegemoney while consolidating a lower tier hegemoney". You literally did more of what you were complaining about from the start.

~ William S. Burroughs

We're very aware this game isn't a race on growing, Milton, otherwise we'd be much higher.  However, we're also very aware that it's nice to have allies who can properly support you in multiple tiers instead of just one, the bottom one.

I'm glad BK has you as their spokesperson though.

• Upvote 2

We're not, but we're hoping you are.  Afterall, you did previously complain about people not wanting to break up Syndisphere to ally different alliances before.  Why would Mensa ally up with NPO?  Humor me the pros and cons, because I see a lot more cons than pros at the moment with statements such as this.

I'm not really sure why you'd hope I'd want to impose something on people they don't necessarily want.  Given your own intention was just to keep the band together, there aren't really any pros. It wouldn't add anything.

I think you're very competent, but disingenuous. There were jillions of people looking to shake things up and yours conveniently consolidated a tier that you're in. So I think you have no problem with that and never did. You've really had to bend your narrative all over the place in the time you've been playing the game, but looking at what you've done makes it pretty obvious, at least to me.

Which means yes, you did pass up the opportunity to change things, because you could have done other things than "let's whine about hegemoney while consolidating a lower tier hegemoney". You literally did more of what you were complaining about from the start.

Who are these jillions? Because tbh, it was the standard fare of people trolling us and making fun of our predicament aside from those who were willing to take a chance.

I didn't pass up any opportunity because there has to be an opportunity for it to be passed up. There wasn't and the anti-NPO posturing and conspiracy theorizing from your side makes it clear there wasn't so I'm pretty grateful to the few alliances who were on your side that were willing to give us a chance.  It wasn't  about consolidating a low tier hegemoney. Those involved knew it'd be uphill battle in other areas, but they worked with who was willing to cooperate. Do you think they really enjoy having to take big hits and score compress?

Edited by Roquentin

Do you guys think the game is about growing every person as fast as possible? It's not a race. If an alliance decides to strategically control its growth that should be a lot more effective than Syndisphere's "Good God, if we don't continue to grow how will we ever live?-strategy. Different people play different ways. I just deleted three cities to drop back down to 8 and I've been playing for years.

I just noticed this.  Wow.

Do you guys think the game is about growing every person as fast as possible? It's not a race. If an alliance decides to strategically control its growth that should be a lot more effective than Syndisphere's "Good God, if we don't continue to grow how will we ever live?-strategy. Different people play different ways. I just deleted three cities to drop back down to 8 and I've been playing for years.

I just noticed this.  Wow.

Ummm..... Winning???

I've seriously lost track of what the !@#$ is going on...

I'm not really sure why you'd hope I'd want to impose something on people they don't necessarily want.  Given your own intention was just to keep the band together, there aren't really any pros. It wouldn't add anything.

I mean, you are (As well as a few others) imposing something on people they don't want.  Afterall, they're leaving, going in VM, or just not fighting anymore.  Hence the whole "I hope you care about your allies", but the fact you're not seeing this tells me a lot (Let alone tells me about the current leaders of those respective alliances too).

As for my intention - Of course I like to keep the band together.  Each ally of Mensa's (And friends) have been extremely willing to adapt and compromise to each other's needs.  Hell, we have Guardian - normally a high tier alliance - purposely dropping down to fight alongside with us, for example.

Why we wouldn't ally up with Acadia, NPO, etc - is mostly because nobody else has really shown any real substance.  It's just not beneficial to any relationship we'd establish.  The only thing NPO would bring, for example, is a stubborn low tier alliance.  But we see that's even useless now.  You're not able to protect your current allies despite heavily consolidating the low tier.  You have 100+ members, yet I'm 99% sure we generate more overall income than your alliance does with only 40 (Just showing that both militarily and economically, there's no net benefit between us)

You're also blind to your situation over some wounded pride issue.  I even gave you a shot to argue your case, to hear you out on the whole previous issues of "Nobody wants to break up Syndisphere and ally us" spiel you gave on the OWF in the past, but you couldn't even bother to bring up even one positive point about a NPO/Mensa relationship when asked.  As a leader in Mensa, that tells me everything I need to know about any possible future development between our alliances.

Before somebody brings it up, we took a huge risk with Rose because they were completely willing to discuss and work with us - this wasn't a sudden decision, it was a weeks in talks to hash out issues between our alliances.  They were very flexible because they showed sincerity on turning their alliance around, so we gave them a shot.  It worked out great.

Now I'm not claiming you guys aren't doing this on your side of the pond.  You guys could very well be doing the same.  I'm also aware I'm deviating from the current topic of the war, but I've also been away from a computer for awhile so I'm playing catch up on what I've been meaning to bring up.

I mean, you are (As well as a few others) imposing something on people they don't want.  Afterall, they're leaving, going in VM, or just not fighting anymore.  Hence the whole "I hope you care about your allies", but the fact you're not seeing this tells me a lot (Let alone tells me about the current leaders of those respective alliances too).

As for my intention - Of course I like to keep the band together.  Each ally of Mensa's (And friends) have been extremely willing to adapt and compromise to each other's needs.  Hell, we have Guardian - normally a high tier alliance - purposely dropping down to fight alongside with us, for example.

Why we wouldn't ally up with Acadia, NPO, etc - is mostly because nobody else has really shown any real substance.  It's just not beneficial to any relationship we'd establish.  The only thing NPO would bring, for example, is a stubborn low tier alliance.  But we see that's even useless now.  You're not able to protect your current allies despite heavily consolidating the low tier.  You have 100+ members, yet I'm 99% sure we generate more overall income than your alliance does with only 40 (Just showing that both militarily and economically, there's no net benefit between us)

You're also blind to your situation over some wounded pride issue.  I even gave you a shot to argue your case, to hear you out on the whole previous issues of "Nobody wants to break up Syndisphere and ally us" spiel you gave on the OWF in the past, but you couldn't even bother to bring up even one positive point about a NPO/Mensa relationship when asked.  As a leader in Mensa, that tells me everything I need to know about any possible future development between our alliances.

Before somebody brings it up, we took a huge risk with Rose because they were completely willing to discuss and work with us - this wasn't a sudden decision, it was a weeks in talks to hash out issues between our alliances.  They were very flexible because they showed sincerity on turning their alliance around, so we gave them a shot.  It worked out great.

Now I'm not claiming you guys aren't doing this on your side of the pond.  You guys could very well be doing the same.  I'm also aware I'm deviating from the current topic of the war, but I've also been away from a computer for awhile so I'm playing catch up on what I've been meaning to bring up.

That happens in every war.  If people are supposed to cater to those who don't like fighting or can't be on enough, not really sure how that makes. Usually what you guys would say is "kick them out and git gud".  The faux concern is just convenient now. The time of year also takes its toll since people are busy.  It would happen regardless of the specific war.

Like if a  stubborn "low tier alliance" isn't good enough for you that's fine.  It's great that you're willing to say that. The reason there aren't any pros to a Mensa-NPO relationship is that you're not interested in doing anything where it'd be directly beneficial to you. It's pretty simple. The pros are pretty obvious otherwise.  The reason we've been able to keep this going and continue to do damage past the first/second round unlike other conflicts in PW is because of the low tier consolidation.

You already had relations with Rose people going before that and you wanted them out of the way.  The fact that they were closer in size to you made it beneficial I'm sure and the fact they had no other allies made it a simple pick up for your side. 

I didn't pass up any opportunity because there has to be an opportunity for it to be passed up.

Nope. You (erroneously) cite a lack of opportunity in places, don't try, then say there was never an opportunity. There's opportunity anywhere with anyone. A sensible thing to do is to spend your political capital and time where you think there is the most return on that. Is it variable? Sure. But you factor in your goals, and off you go.

So basically, what I am saying is that you of spent that capital in the places that are "coincidentally" the ones that gave you a boring lower tier mass, and as such saying your claims about caring about the game being stagnant, as well as ones like the one I quoted above that there are no opportunities whatsoever, are clearly untrue.

Edit: Who are the Jillions? Everyone. Anyone. Mensa. Drop the weird Vanguard grudge and actually talk to them. See what happens. Worked for Rose! Unless you tried somewhere and I missed it? They don't like weird disingenuous gibberish so maybe start talking about Dio first and see what happens.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 1

~ William S. Burroughs

That happens in every war.  If people are supposed to cater to those who don't like fighting or can't be on enough, not really sure how that makes. Usually what you guys would say is "kick them out and git gud".  The faux concern is just convenient now. The time of year also takes its toll since people are busy.  It would happen regardless of the specific war.

While true, there's a difference between alliances losing anywhere from 1 to 10 members in a war to losing close to 30+.

Like if a  stubborn "low tier alliance" isn't good enough for you that's fine.  It's great that you're willing to say that. The reason there aren't any pros to a Mensa-NPO relationship is that you're not interested in doing anything where it'd be directly beneficial to you. It's pretty simple. The pros are pretty obvious otherwise.

Really? You haven't listed one.

The reason we've been able to keep this going and continue to do damage past the first/second round unlike other conflicts in PW is because of the low tier consolidation.

Did you tell all of your allies that they were going to massively lose everything they invested in just to fight in the bottom tier?

You already had relations with Rose people going before that and you wanted them out of the way.  The fact that they were closer in size to you made it beneficial I'm sure and the fact they had no other allies made it a simple pick up for your side.

This is completely far from the truth. If anything, we would've loved to keep fighting Rose as it gives us more targets to hit and war with.

We're Mensa, not NPO. Sorry.

We actually like to sit in the middle and fight whoever instead of pulling any opposition to our side. The fact we worked out a treaty tie goes to show that we can be reasoned with (About half of our alliance was still hung up on the Rose/Mensa grudge, so it was tough to work the kinks out but it became possible).

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 1

What Roq says: NPO STRONG MID TIER YEAH! WE WILL WIN! HAHA ALL YOUR PLAYERS DOGPILED

What Roq thinks: If we grow we get stomped even harder, what I can do...uhmm...oh yes! I just had a great idea! We don't grow so we lose but we don't really lose because they can't declare on us while we can bully their new players and be a pain in the ass in the peace talks screaming "white peace", I'm really a genius! We just have to keep lying to ourselves and brainwash the half of the alliance who don't know the truth, this is a perfect plan! I just have to find a meat-shield for the first week of war so we have time to consolidate our tier...ohhhh I just had another great idea abou this...

I still like him as player/poster because he makes you think he really believes

Nope. You (erroneously) cite a lack of opportunity in places, don't try, then say there was never an opportunity. There's opportunity anywhere with anyone. A sensible thing to do is to spend your political capital and time where you think there is the most return on that. Is it variable? Sure. But you factor in your goals, and off you go.

So basically, what I am saying is that you of spent that capitol in the places that are "coincidentally" the ones that gave you a boring lower tier mass, and as such saying your claims about caring about the game being stagnant, as well as ones like the one I quoted above that there are no opportunities whatsoever, are clearly untrue.

Edit: Who are the Jillions? Everyone. Anyone. Mensa. Drop the weird Vanguard grudge and actually talk to them. See what happens. Worked for Rose! Unless you tried somewhere and I missed it? They don't like weird disingenuous gibberish so maybe start talking about Dio first and see what happens.

The implication here is there was political capital to be spent with certain people in the first place.There wasn't. I'm talking about realistic chances not just "oh anyone could change their mind." One is worth spending time on, the other not so much.

Your Mensa hypothetical is really the most unrealistic because they openly are the most directly antagonistic and have the lowest opinion of us and  that's saying something given our relations with other alliances  in that sphere.  The 2+2 image post and direct insults are just part and parcel. So basically your jillions is just talk to everyone regardless of chances of success. I know other alliances with less baggage had been trying and their results weren't too great, so this is really bogus. 

While true, there's a difference between alliances losing anywhere from 1 to 10 members in a war to losing close to 30+.

Really? You haven't listed one.

Did you tell all of your allies that they were going to massively lose everything they invested in just to fight in the bottom tier?

This is completely far from the truth. If anything, we would've loved to keep fighting Rose as it gives us more targets to hit and war with.

We're Mensa, not NPO. Sorry.

We actually like to sit in the middle and fight whoever instead of pulling any opposition to our side. The fact we worked out a treaty tie goes to show that we can be reasoned with (About half of our alliance was still hung up on the Rose/Mensa grudge, so it was tough to work the kinks out but it became possible).

It's happened in almost every major conflict. Oktoberfest took a lot of people out. At the end of the day, it's up to the individual alliances to deal with people who can't cope.

Like I said, our low tier consolidation allowed us to  launch further offensives even after the big hits in the first and second rounds because you couldn't keep all of the nations pinned down. If you were to ever be in a situation where you'd need to avoid being pinned down, then it would definitely come in handy or if you were willing to fight someone who was a bigger alliance.

Who said they were fighting in the bottom tier? We didn't have a chance in the upper tier, but we did have a shot in mid tier. Considering many of your core nations were compromised for a decent amount of time, this hasn't been a low tier battle entirely. If we were just fighting some city 6-8 noobs, you'd have a point here. I don't think anyone was promised a clean sweep and most of the upper tier people expect to get dinged up at this point since they knew what they were getting into. I don't try to sell anything as a clear win. I just say "this is our best chance or we have a shot."

I don't think so man. I remember you being pretty upset when Rose fought in Silent and there had been outreach to Rose before last June by Mensa and Mensa complimented Rose a lot. If you had wanted to keep getting targets, then you would have had something else to go with signing Rose, instead it was just adding them to a group with unprecedented control over all tiers. It's bizarre when one of the major alliances wanting to perpetuate the status quo says they want to fight as many targets as they can.

• Upvote 1

The implication here is there was political capital to be spent with certain people in the first place.There wasn't. I'm talking about realistic chances not just "oh anyone could change their mind." One is worth spending time on, the other not so much.

Your Mensa hypothetical is really the most unrealistic because they openly are the most directly antagonistic and have the lowest opinion of us and  that's saying something given our relations with other alliances  in that sphere.  The 2+2 image post and direct insults are just part and parcel. So basically your jillions is just talk to everyone regardless of chances of success. I know other alliances with less baggage had been trying and their results weren't too great, so this is really bogus.

Nope again. You spent a lot of capital on BK, and they actually had a lower opinion of you than Mensa before you did. You did that, and not Mensa, because BK complimented your tiers and Mensa didn't. You just don't want to have to have a hard fight in your tier, and don't care if you stagnate the game to get it. It's a sensible strategy! Just stop pretending to care if the game is stagnant. It's not something that's ever come through in any action you've actually taken.

You make capital by talking with people, dude. What capital did you have to spend with BK before you started? Probably none.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

~ William S. Burroughs

You're really off target with the Rose bit, Roq.  It wasn't until Keegoz got replaced and the war was finished when we opened up talks with them.  You may have mistaken our usual banter as being "friendly" banter.  I mean, some of us had no problems with Rose admittedly (Like me, I only had issues with Keegoz/Pub leadership but the overall alliance I had no issues with personally - I don't even have issues with Keegoz or Pub as individuals, just how they led the alliance during their respective times).  But the approach after the war was a complete surprise.

It doesn't surprise me though that you're missing the point, just like how you're missing the point that Manthrax is trying to bring up to you.

Edited by Buorhann

It's happened in almost every major conflict. Oktoberfest took a lot of people out. At the end of the day, it's up to the individual alliances to deal with people who can't cope.

Like I said, our low tier consolidation allowed us to  launch further offensives even after the big hits in the first and second rounds because you couldn't keep all of the nations pinned down. If you were to ever be in a situation where you'd need to avoid being pinned down, then it would definitely come in handy or if you were willing to fight someone who was a bigger alliance.

Who said they were fighting in the bottom tier? We didn't have a chance in the upper tier, but we did have a shot in mid tier. Considering many of your core nations were compromised for a decent amount of time, this hasn't been a low tier battle entirely. If we were just fighting some city 6-8 noobs, you'd have a point here. I don't think anyone was promised a clean sweep and most of the upper tier people expect to get dinged up at this point since they knew what they were getting into. I don't try to sell anything as a clear win. I just say "this is our best chance or we have a shot."

I don't think so man. I remember you being pretty upset when Rose fought in Silent and there had been outreach to Rose before last June by Mensa and Mensa complimented Rose a lot. If you had wanted to keep getting targets, then you would have had something else to go with signing Rose, instead it was just adding them to a group with unprecedented control over all tiers. It's bizarre when one of the major alliances wanting to perpetuate the status quo says they want to fight as many targets as they can.

Nope again. You spent a lot of capital on BK, and they actually had a lower opinion of you than Mensa before you did. You did that, and not Mensa, because BK complimented your tiers and Mensa didn't. You just don't want to have to have a hard fight in your tier, and don't care if you stagnate the game to get it. It's a sensible strategy! Just stop pretending to care if the game is stagnant. It's not something that's ever come through in any action you've actually taken.

You make capital by talking with people, dude. What capital did you have to spend with BK before you started? Probably none.

You're really off target with the Rose bit, Roq.  It wasn't until Keegoz got replaced and the war was finished when we opened up talks with them.  You may have mistaken our usual banter as being "friendly" banter.  I mean, some of us had no problems with Rose admittedly (Like me, I only had issues with Keegoz/Pub leadership but the overall alliance I had no issues with personally - I don't even have issues with Keegoz or Pub as individuals, just how they led the alliance during their respective times).  But the approach after the war was a complete surprise.

It doesn't surprise me though that you're missing the point, just like how you're missing the point that Manthrax is trying to bring up to you.

Can we just get to the part where everyone starts yelling NO U and be done with it already?

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify I'm pretty sure Milton meant VE when he and SRD were in it and not their current performance. VE has been great in this war under Seeker.

Nice try but he very clearly used present tense when make his statement.

And how have they been great? They died in under 24 hours and are hemorrhaging members, including gov.

• Upvote 1

That's not true. Here's a crucial diffference: there was a modicum of respect from BK in terms of when we were fighting. We had it out on here and there was a lot of disagreement and the war dragged out but there was always a basic degree of respect.  It's hard for anyone to have a lower opinion of us than Mensa does, tbh.

There had been mentions of approaches by Mensa to Rose since the Alpha war. The screens leaked at the time indicated an effort by Mensa to repair relations with Rose following Pfeiffer's retirement. I can't find any post of yours going before October, but I distinctly remember you saying  something along the lines of "some of us had been willing to change things up. too bad we were betrayed," and it was in reference to Rose. I'm not referring purely to the actual treaty signing, but rather that there had been an easing of tensions for quite some time.

Nice try but he very clearly used present tense when make his statement.

And how have they been great? They died in under 24 hours and are hemorrhaging members, including gov.

edit:looks like it quoted accurately.  Anyway, you keep using your first round analysis even though your own coalition's gathered statistics show otherwise.  Seeker and the active core of VE have been consistently putting out wars and have been clutch throughout the war.  Their initial blitz wasn't much, but it's more than the first round. Some of the tougher nuts to crack in tS would have been even more difficult without VE's assistance.

Edited by Roquentin

There had been mentions of approaches by Mensa to Rose since the Alpha war. The screens leaked at the time indicated an effort by Mensa to repair relations with Rose following Pfeiffer's retirement. I can't find any post of yours going before October, but I distinctly remember you saying  something along the lines of "some of us had been willing to change things up. too bad we were betrayed," and it was in reference to Rose. I'm not referring purely to the actual treaty signing, but rather that there had been an easing of tensions for quite some time.

Uh, considering I spearheaded the talks between Rose and Mensa once they approached us, I have absolutely no clue what you're referring to.

Edited by Buorhann