Inquisition Flight 420 to Nassau - UPN Removed

Pangui

I think IQ is due reparations. You've done far more damage to our side than we have to yours.

While I don't think poverty is a legitimate justification for reparations, we could send your starving children some rice or something. We aren't monsters.  :v

• Upvote 2

While I don't think poverty is a legitimate justification for reparations, we could send your starving children some rice or something. We aren't monsters.  :v

In exchange for the rice they can provide us with free labor :v

Wew thought I'd never hear something like this from an alliance over like 400 score

War is a part of the game tho

People get attacked, one side gets beaten up, maybe both, maybe neither

uh, it was a joke. i've been playing PW since beta. sorry, i didn't think anyone would actually take that post seriously.

GICjEwp.gif

NpO stuck to its guns over the years and got crushed repeatedly for it. They had a purpose and survived, even thrived.

UPN's been stripped of its score, members, and political relevance because you had no purpose. You guys haven't had a purpose for a long time. It shows when you blindly follow your masters into a war that you bow out of early anyway.

This reminds me when people used to say BK were tS puppets. That was wrong then, this is wrong now.

Joining your ally in a war is not "following your master."

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Just because you're incapable of loyalty and morals doesn't mean they have no purpose.

Also, avoiding wars in a game is both stupid and pointless, better to fight and lose everything to wanton destruction than do nothing and lose everyone to boredom.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

This couldn't be further from the truth. Lets recap the series of events here:

1. IQ activates some flimsy CB even IQ themselves couldn't get straight

2. IQ+lackies attacks Syndisphere with numerical advantage, piles 7(8?) alliances on t$

3. Syndisphere rekts IQ+lackies despite numerical disadvantage

4. IQ is then like: "aha! this was our plan all along to get initally face rekt, we shall prevail by submerging ourselves in the bathtub"

5. Syndisphere is like "ok" while they proceed to grind down IQ and make some nice dosh via the top tier

6. IQ starts bawwwing "wahhh, this didn't go as planned. Pls bb we don't want an L to tarnish our record, white pls"

7. Syndisphere: "Just admit defeat and we're done here"

8. IQ "I can't even, you're doing this out of spite, how dare you give us such suggestions, you had the gall to be attacked by us and then demand such reasonable things, wahhhh"

1. Again saying it's a flimsy CB when it's born out to have  a basis and was at a time when tensions were already high due to belligerence on the ther side.

2. We all know the tier/activity issues and the difference in blitzes. It was always going to be an uphill battle and no one expected an easy win just because we happened to have more nations. Fast counters can erase a numerical disadvantage if it's a  bunch of down declaring on people after consolidating a tier you already control, which is how most of the damage happened.

3.see above

4. Exactly. The first round would have to gone perfectly for any other outcome other than a grind. The fighting style demands a commitment to grinding it out continuously more than is normal here. 

5. They didn't grind down most people after the first round very fast. When peace talks were opened, it was right before a huge blitz that had mixed results(that's being charitable) and people reacted naturally to that. 

6.White peace has precedent.

7/8. With admit defeat, everyone knows the real intent behind it. It's not just some words. There is a very specific political purpose behind your side insisting on it and that's where the issues will lie. It's not just a word here.  The agenda behind it is the problem and the reason why people have been willing to fight on it.

Edited by Roquentin

7/8. With admit defeat, everyone knows the real intent behind it. It's not just some words. There is a very specific political purpose behind your side insisting on it and that's where the issues will lie. It's not just a word here.  The agenda behind it is the problem and the reason why people have been willing to fight on it.

I would love for you to expound upon this.  What is the intent? what is the agenda?

• Upvote 2

It's in essence the counterpart of what Bollocks said IQ's agenda was(protecting a record) except with a lot more political baggage behind it( further propagating  Syndisphere triumphalism, demoralizing/humiliating the opposition, using it to discourage political diversity). 

To further the teachings of the doctrines of Jacob Moore.

In a way, yes. :P

Not because of the silly motivations you've thought up in your head.

New term, everyone in gov of an Undefeated Alliance has to print this quote out and tape it to the top of their monitors.

Edited by durmij

Guest Karl VII

Are you kidding?

US: came to the table hoping to resolve the conflict peacefully and avoid grudge matches like a month ago now. At the time we were winning by every metric, your initial efforts had failed miserably.

YOU: "We will not accept punitive terms or reparations".

US: Fine. So we request an admission of surrender with no punitive terms or reparations.

YOU: Trolling the peace chats, posturing (despite the fact you were losing), and saying "we will not admit defeat".

US: Fine. It was early in the war, you still felt you had the chance to turn the tide against us.

So time goes by, and you've still made no real progress towards actually turning the tide in your favor. You've yet to pin t$, the alliance you put 7 alliances on, you've yet to secure the mid tier (or the lower tier in some fronts) and the economic gap is widening.

YOU: Try to poach our members into a prisoner alliance, using some rather deceptive messages to do so, and you continued to insist you'll turn the tide in your favor.

YOU: Suddenly in a brilliant gesture of generosity, "admit defeat in the upper tier" effectively trying to play word games in order to get white peace.

US: Yer no, you hit us and you are losing, and you should just admit it and accept defeat.

YOU: Since then you've tried to rewrite and reword the peace terms, all some form or variation of white peace, despite not actually being in a position to do so.

YOU: Yet again, in a sudden show of pretend generosity, you offer to concede to us on the terms that we

A: Legitimize your stupid CB

B: Admit that we only won by a "narrow victory".

US: Your CB was bs, and this wasn't a narrow victory.

YOU: Rage quit the peace talks.

CONCLUSION: You are defeated. You know you are defeated. We know you are defeated. 90% of the game knows you are defeated. You are choosing to drag this out because you'd rather spite us and not admit this, at the expense of your own members and ours, then admit it and concede.

Also I find it amusing that you cite "demoralizing/humiliating the opponent" and "triumphalism" when IQ postured just as much and attempted to do all the same things (prisoner alliance much?).

The reason we want you to admit defeat is because we defeated you. Not because of the silly motivations you've thought up in your head.

If you think the vast  majority of the players "knows" that IQ is "defeated" already, why not compromise instead of letting this war go on at the expense of your own members and ours?

Or are a couple of words that would just "confirm" what most players already "know" worth more?

And don´t even try to pretend as if IQ were the spiteful/posturing ones here, after all the spiteful Syndisphere comments on the OWF no one is going to buy into that lol.

So your logic is "Ok you actually beat us but why not accept terms lesser than what you fought and bled for just because we are too stubborn to face reality".

I never claimed IQ alone was posturing rofl. Both sides were, the only difference being IQ was posturing while losing and we were posturing while winning, As for spite, I was referring to the basis of you continuing the war. Some alliances from both sides were having it out on the forums over their respective grievances. 

YOU: Wants an unearned white peace in a war you've been losing since round 1 and have made absolutely no ground in where 5 alliances have peaced out from. 

US: Instead of pressing for reps for beating an aggressor, all we wanted is an admission of defeat, or more accurately, an admission of reality.

Kind of sounds like you're not going to get what you want.

Yours in Christ,

ComradeMilton

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

I went away for a little bit and Sketchy gut gud wtf

Go back to your spread sheets :|

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

If you think the vast majority of the players "knows" that IQ is "defeated" already, why not compromise instead of letting this war go on at the expense of your own members and ours?

Hey if you want to mortgage your future in an effort to try and spite us in the present, who are we to stand in your way?

I mean if anything we are helping you achieve that goal by being so "unreasonable". All we are doing is doing is extending the window of opportunity for you. So come on now, keep it up, we are more than willing to help you hang yourselves. :P

Edited by Felkey
  • Upvote 2

Guest Karl VII

So your logic is "Ok you actually beat us but why not accept terms lesser than what you fought and bled for just because we are too stubborn to face reality".

I never claimed IQ alone was posturing rofl. Both sides were, the only difference being IQ was posturing while losing and we were posturing while winning, As for spite, I was referring to the basis of you continuing the war. Some alliances from both sides were having it out on the forums over their respective grievances. 

YOU: Wants an unearned white peace in a war you've been losing since round 1 and have made absolutely no ground in where 5 alliances have peaced out from. 

US: Instead of pressing for reps for beating an aggressor, all we wanted is an admission of defeat, or more accurately, an admission of reality.

7f799cf685bcecf179a86e23122a0edb8efb1ca3

Edited by Karl VII

Hey if you want to mortgage your future in an effort to try and spite us in the present, who are we to stand in your way?

I mean if anything we are helping you achieve that goal by being so "unreasonable". All we are doing is doing is extending the window of opportunity for you. So come on now, keep it up, we are more than willing to help you hang yourselves. :P Last war your side whined about the length constantly. Can you now take a lengthy war without whining?

Everything Sketchy stated is fact. No, it isn't. Though Roq did a full fact explanation shortly afterward that should cover Sketchy's errors.

GICjEwp.gif