OOC Discussion: NatRP Rules and Guidelines

Whoo! Thank the Gods that I did a minor thing you could nitpick! Otherwise, you might have had to address my points... Dodged a bullet, am I right?

tumblr_inline_nj9gj7jDj21qdsckd.jpg

• Upvote 1
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Whoo! Thank the Gods that I did a minor thing you could nitpick! Otherwise, you might have had to address my points... Dodged a bullet, am I right?

Glad you still have the capacity to be rude when I was politely asking you to be polite.  Like I didn't attack anything you said, I just asked that you be polite.  Instead you decided to be an asshat and well honestly that's just a jerk move.  Like I literally just asked you to do something in a manner that wasn't rude.  I mentioned nothing of the content, because it was well thought out and I personally am not qualified to make a comment on that.  So if you would please stop being a jerk and actually be polite for once in your pitiful life that would be appreciated.  Thank you and have a good day.

• Upvote 2

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

Its a pretty simple issue and to me it's a pretty simple solution for each of these issues.

​war consent: scrap it entirely, but allow restrictions and what you can annex and what you cannot. For example, you cannot annex territory from a nation with a sea between you, as you need naval supremacy before you can even send ground troops over. Even then, some D-Day scenario. If, however, you are on the same land mass, it should be a very simple war, you can only take 1 or 2 provinces per month from the other nation you are declaring on. Who gets to decide who wins a war? leave it up to the community based on who makes the better, more in-depth posts. If Mogar goes to war against Ruhr's African colony, and he makes a decent post, and Ruhr makes none, then Mogar should have the choice to take the provinces that he immediately borders.

tech: see above. If someone is sci-fi but they make some really crappy godmod posts, and a medieval kingdom makes a really cool and in-depth post, then the kingdom should win the war - as decided by the NatRP community.

system isn't perfect because of favouritism but its better than what we have now.

So, basically, you want wars to be some kinda popularity contest, with the community practically voting on which post they like more to see who wins?

• Upvote 1

http://7kingdoms.net/skrp/

^It's a forum based nation rp. I dunno, it's kinda fun, you should totes check it out.

yes. It encourages people to actually write well instead of some 5 line shitpost telling the community that you've taken over another player.

Uh, no, it just encourages people to vote for their friend. Most popular player wins everything. And that's just silly.

• Upvote 1

^It's a forum based nation rp. I dunno, it's kinda fun, you should totes check it out.

that would be an issue if people who played NatRP actually had friends. If people wanna be jerks and exploit the system then that's on them really, and itll just be a circlejerk. I get that. But right now theres literally no collaboration, I'm just trying to fix that. A circlejerk is better than a solo wank at the very least.

If you really hate the idea of the community deciding then leave it up to the mods then, simple fix

Holy cow.  Like seriously.  No need to be a jerk.  Come on.

• Upvote 1

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

that would be an issue if people who played NatRP actually had friends.

Harsh.

If people wanna be jerks and exploit the system then that's on them really, and itll just be a circlejerk. I get that. But right now theres literally no collaboration, I'm just trying to fix that. A circlejerk is better than a solo wank at the very least.

If you really hate the idea of the community deciding then leave it up to the mods then, simple fix

I think I'll take the current system over trying to make this entire rp some kinda popularity contest, be it the community deciding, or the mods. There is no objective way to determine post quality, and I'd rather not have to worry about whether or not my war posts will be appealing to whoever happens to be voting on them.

• Upvote 3

that would be an issue if people who played NatRP actually had friends. If people wanna be jerks and exploit the system then that's on them really, and itll just be a circlejerk. I get that. But right now theres literally no collaboration, I'm just trying to fix that. A circlejerk is better than a solo wank at the very least.

I rather write my stuff alone, before I get kicked by group of people who decide they don't like me or they like the other person more. The argument "people in the RP have no friends" might sound funny, but it is neither universally true, nor is it guaranteed to be forever that way even if it were true. Also, people don't need friends to get votes, only aligning interests.

Making this some popularity contest is pretty much even worse than any other concept I could draw up, ranging from proper rules and moderation to having two people sit down and negotiate common terms for their war or even just the status quo, because apart from replacing a bad system with a broken system, you add an option of favouritism that has serious potential to cause OOC arguments and poison the atmosphere.

• Upvote 2

They do. There's an entire in crowd in this community, centered around certain key members and their yes men. These people are the cause of the consent rule, as well, due to constant whining to the mods.

Whining which got so bad, one mod basically ragequit his station, got on his forum account, and gave the whole community a "Reason you Suck" speech.

So, yeah, there's a whiny, overly sensitive, clique in this community. Which do back each-other, unconditionally, against outsiders... They are, in fact, the reason the forum is so nonsensical. Because they do 80% of their RP in private, on discord. Ever notice how random treaties come up between nations, with no precedent?. That isn't because they were too lazy to RP it out, and decided it via messages.

That is the result of these people, RPing it out on discord, for hours sometimes, and just posting the result. I wouldn't point how unproductive this is out to them on said discord, however, as they'll ban you.

Glad you still have the capacity to be rude when I was politely asking you to be polite.  Like I didn't attack anything you said, I just asked that you be polite.  Instead you decided to be an asshat and well honestly that's just a jerk move.  Like I literally just asked you to do something in a manner that wasn't rude.  I mentioned nothing of the content, because it was well thought out and I personally am not qualified to make a comment on that.  So if you would please stop being a jerk and actually be polite for once in your pitiful life that would be appreciated.  Thank you and have a good day.

If you hadn't misinterpreted emphasis as rudeness, I wouldn't have felt compelled to show you actual rudeness in response. Stop whining over nothing. Seriously.

Edited by The Sacred Lights
  • Upvote 1

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

These are all proposals and I'm not really all that invested in the RP, so take the following with a grain of salt

While I have never been involved in the P&W RP, I believe that the Galactic RP run by Curufinwe (hallowed be his name) has some elements which, if implemented, may help fix some of the problems in this RP. The Galactic RP runs more like a strategy game (in some ways, it's a better representation of the "shitposts and spreadsheets" meme than P&W since you're expected to do your revenue calculations yourself) with RP elements than an actual RP and has more rigid rules than the P&W RP, but the P&W RP probably needs some more rigidity to it so it doesn't collapse upon itself.

1. Clear Time Frames

A RP generally has multiple events happening concurrently, and the effects of these events on each other is unclear without a good sense of reference. While resolving events in chronological order may be intuitive, there usually exist irregular gaps between the actions of nations and distinguishing priority by forum activity is not a good basis for a fair RP. Rather, the P&W model will suffice for this problem and all actions ordered during a "turn" will be resolved at the end that turn, before the next turn starts. (you all presumably play P&W, so this shouldn't be foreign to you) Assign an order for actions of a certain type e.g. economic actions take priority before military actions, etc. Generally, this requires oversight (from a GM or whatever you want to call it), but that is already something that you should have the current system. You could continue doing whatever internal RP things the same as before, but actions which affect other nations will be handled this way.

2. Clearly Define "Within Your Means"

This RP doesn't have to require all the participants to run spreadsheets, but a general descriptor (could be something as simple as a range of 1-5) of a nation's economic and military capabilities in a certain province would be useful to have. If you want to count military units, you'll end up with Logistics, the Gameâ„¢, rather than a RP. For RP purposes, "strong military and average economic conditions in Warsaw province" is fine.

3. Standardize Military and Economy

Magic and alien/sci-fi technology is cool and all, but shouldn't be a major factor in conflict resolution, unless clearly defined limits to them are set and balancing measures are put in place so the person RPing Imperial Japan doesn't get their nation blown up by the Death Star summoned by a portal to the 7th dimension of hell. Either you can have everything be the same, with these elements being more of a flair and used solely in RP posts which pertain only to the nation posting (i.e. P&W military customization), or you can have the community decide how to balance it. (maybe nations which use magic gain benefit X at the cost of penalty Y and your "standard" 20/21st century nation will be the baseline) Same thing for Economy.

4. Remove Consent Clause

This is just a really lazy attempt at addressing the lack of a functional conflict resolution system.

5. Politics is Actually a Popularity Contest

Here, you cross the line between a RP and a strategy game. The appeal of a nation RP, to me at least, is deciding how your RP leader would react to certain situations caused by other RP leaders. However, a lack of consequences for your actions is also not ideal. In D&D (clearly a RP), you'll still get killed by your other party members for being generally incompetent or for the keks and lels. If you want to RP literally Hitler, you're free to do so, but don't expect other RPers to not collectively beat you up for it. 

Edited by Them
  • Upvote 1

[insert quote here]

If you hadn't misinterpreted emphasis as rudeness, I wouldn't have felt compelled to show you actual rudeness in response. Stop whining over nothing. Seriously.

Whining over nothing.  Seriously.  Ok let us talk about this "nothing".  First you jump into this conversation insulting someone, which already puts me a little on edge since you were deliberately being rude.  Next you go on to talk about egotism and how it is crippling the community.  Then right after that you talk about how great your RP is and how great one of your characters was and how perfect you RPed him to his character.  I'm so glad you have this character that you RPed perfectly.  And then you go on to insult basically everyone claiming they don't RP.  Who does RP?  Your fellow Nation Staters?  You come off as an egotistical prick and every single thing you have said since then has reinforced that idea.  I was gently trying to get you to stop and think about being polite but instead you decided it would be better to claim I was whining for no reason.  Now most people who know me know I don't do that.  I generally attempt to be kind and polite to everyone.  You however seem to be an egotistical prick who believes that it should be your way or the highway and damned be the rest.  So get off your high horse and be polite and have a rational discussion.  Because the way you are acting I doubt most people in the community like you, since you basically told them they can't RP because they aren't awesome like you.  Also to show that you aren't rude you decide to be rude?  Great plan.  In fact next time someone accuses you of being a thief you should steal everything they own.  Or you could, I don't know, explain what you are doing!  Oh look I can use it to be a jerk too.  Isn't it great?

• Upvote 2

nHvbDzt.png

Art by Faroreswind159

Whining over nothing. Seriously. Ok let us talk about this "nothing". First you jump into this conversation insulting someone, which already puts me a little on edge since you were deliberately being rude. Next you go on to talk about egotism and how it is crippling the community. Then right after that you talk about how great your RP is and how great one of your characters was and how perfect you RPed him to his character. I'm so glad you have this character that you RPed perfectly. And then you go on to insult basically everyone claiming they don't RP. Who does RP? Your fellow Nation Staters? You come off as an egotistical prick and every single thing you have said since then has reinforced that idea. I was gently trying to get you to stop and think about being polite but instead you decided it would be better to claim I was whining for no reason. Now most people who know me know I don't do that. I generally attempt to be kind and polite to everyone. You however seem to be an egotistical prick who believes that it should be your way or the highway and damned be the rest. So get off your high horse and be polite and have a rational discussion. Because the way you are acting I doubt most people in the community like you, since you basically told them they can't RP because they aren't awesome like you. Also to show that you aren't rude you decide to be rude? Great plan. In fact next time someone accuses you of being a thief you should steal everything they own. Or you could, I don't know, explain what you are doing! Oh look I can use it to be a jerk too. Isn't it great?

Warned you it isn't worth it

@Sacred Lights

You know what when I saw you wanted to stick your nose in this I decided to not indulge you because god knows I just got over headache from talking to you the last time, but you know what the hell today's already going to be a bad day for me so I'm going to do something stupid and I'm not even going to play nice.

Let's help you with the full story. Luxa is new to this. She doesn't know you and she wasn't here when the shit storm happened so you can't say she's Biased. So basically that should tell you that maybe I was being a bit of an ass if someone new called me out on this. Nope, instead you wanted to be an ass even more.

Here's the thing, I don't lump you with the rest of those you came with because I can at least say they're reasonable the few times I did talk to them but you well don't be surprised if your friends keep getting lump with you as asses because you can't learn to keep your mouth shut or at least watch what you say. You know how friends of bullies get wide berths from other people due to said bully's reputation? Yeah its kinda like this right now.

And by the way, no one wants to listen to what you have to say if all you're going to do is be an ass. You can have the greatest ideas in the world but if all you're going to do is look down on those who don't agree with you then you have no right to call anyone whiners because who wants to hear that. And I don't want to hear about how oh well such and such was an ass to me first because two wrongs don't make a right and you're not helping yourself. If anything it comes off as you being the whiner.

Anyway I'm done.

• Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

Whining over nothing.  Seriously.  Ok let us talk about this "nothing".  First you jump into this conversation insulting someone, which already puts me a little on edge since you were deliberately being rude.  Next you go on to talk about egotism and how it is crippling the community.  Then right after that you talk about how great your RP is and how great one of your characters was and how perfect you RPed him to his character.  I'm so glad you have this character that you RPed perfectly.  And then you go on to insult basically everyone claiming they don't RP.  Who does RP?  Your fellow Nation Staters?  You come off as an egotistical prick and every single thing you have said since then has reinforced that idea.  I was gently trying to get you to stop and think about being polite but instead you decided it would be better to claim I was whining for no reason.  Now most people who know me know I don't do that.  I generally attempt to be kind and polite to everyone.  You however seem to be an egotistical prick who believes that it should be your way or the highway and damned be the rest.  So get off your high horse and be polite and have a rational discussion.  Because the way you are acting I doubt most people in the community like you, since you basically told them they can't RP because they aren't awesome like you.  Also to show that you aren't rude you decide to be rude?  Great plan.  In fact next time someone accuses you of being a thief you should steal everything they own.  Or you could, I don't know, explain what you are doing!  Oh look I can use it to be a jerk too.  Isn't it great?

I started off my post insulting Featherine, for being an &#33;@#&#036;. This is true. But what did he/she do? Bold and underline something? Contribute to the conversation by pointing out the uncomfortable truths?

No... They were literally telling someone who was apologizing to them, after doing nothing actually wrong, that they hated them. THAT is the person you're white knighting right now. Okay?

I don't even like Cheonsa, Cultra Vult till the day I die, but that kind of response is obviously uncalled for. Prickish as I can be, I'm not going to hate someone and spit on their apology, just because they're bad at something.

If anything, Cheonsa's sincerity would make me want to help them get good but I digress.

Now that this is out of the way.. Yeah, there's Egotism on NS, but NS is so big that you can actually avoid it. Hell there's even Egotism in the UMS, but we can usually whittle it down to a more managable size through persuasion. But I digress. Anyways, when you have people stating outright that their stuff is invincible, or their characters unkillable(without even having anything like Godhood backing that up), then yes that's Egotism.

It is also disturbingly common in NatRP.

They can be egotistical pricks for all I care, it only bothers me when they bring it into the RP. As for me, my "ego" is just a well earned respect for the RP abilities I have developed over the past Decade... Not the destructive, volatile, Egotism that causes RPs to crash because someone didn't want to post any losses. With me, so long as you're not a fool on the tactical level, you can beat me in an RP. Probably even kill off a beloved character. That's a far cry from the people on this forum, and you know it. Or at least you should know it after this post.

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

Warned you it isn't worth it

@Sacred Lights

You know what when I saw you wanted to stick your nose in this I decided to not indulge you because god knows I just got over headache from talking to you the last time, but you know what the hell today's already going to be a bad day for me so I'm going to do something stupid and I'm not even going to play nice.

Let's help you with the full story. Luxa is new to this. She doesn't know you and she wasn't here when the shit storm happened so you can't say she's Biased. So basically that should tell you that maybe I was being a bit of an ass if someone new called me out on this. Nope, instead you wanted to be an ass even more.

Here's the thing, I don't lump you with the rest of those you came with because I can at least say they're reasonable the few times I did talk to them but you well don't be surprised if your friends keep getting lump with you as asses because you can't learn to keep your mouth shut or at least watch what you say. You know how friends of bullies get wide berths from other people due to said bully's reputation? Yeah its kinda like this right now.

And by the way, no one wants to listen to what you have to say if all you're going to do is be an ass. You can have the greatest ideas in the world but if all you're going to do is look down on those who don't agree with you then you have no right to call anyone whiners because who wants to hear that. And I don't want to hear about how oh well such and such was an ass to me first because two wrongs don't make a right and you're not helping yourself. If anything it comes off as you being the whiner.

Anyway I'm done.

I know he/she's new and wasn't there. Heck most of the people posting in this thread are new faces... Hence why I'm explaining things to them. I don't have to reply to you telling you all of this, you were there.

And as you've hinted to here, you already know your biases. Which brings me to an interesting point: If you perceived me as calling Luxa Biased, that is a misinterpretation on your part...

Literally my only responses to them have been:

1) Being snarky at them for their overreaction to me bolding and underlining things for emphasis. *Gasp* The Horror!

2) Explaining that I was being snarky in my response. Telling them to get over the Bolding.

3) The above which... Hmm, yeah you're no psychic. I didn't call them biased there either. #RIP

PS: Nobody listened to me when I wasn't being an Ass either. Hell, no one listened to any of the guys who weren't being an ass.

Actually, no that's not true. Some did listen. And those people also listened to me, with one saying they were wrong about me...

#RIP

F

These are all proposals and I'm not really all that invested in the RP, so take the following with a grain of salt

While I have never been involved in the P&W RP, I believe that the Galactic RP run by Curufinwe (hallowed be his name) has some elements which, if implemented, may help fix some of the problems in this RP. The Galactic RP runs more like a strategy game (in some ways, it's a better representation of the "shitposts and spreadsheets" meme than P&W since you're expected to do your revenue calculations yourself) with RP elements than an actual RP and has more rigid rules than the P&W RP, but the P&W RP probably needs some more rigidity to it so it doesn't collapse upon itself.

1. Clear Time Frames

A RP generally has multiple events happening concurrently, and the effects of these events on each other is unclear without a good sense of reference. While resolving events in chronological order may be intuitive, there usually exist irregular gaps between the actions of nations and distinguishing priority by forum activity is not a good basis for a fair RP. Rather, the P&W model will suffice for this problem and all actions ordered during a "turn" will be resolved at the end that turn, before the next turn starts. (you all presumably play P&W, so this shouldn't be foreign to you) Assign an order for actions of a certain type e.g. economic actions take priority before military actions, etc. Generally, this requires oversight (from a GM or whatever you want to call it), but that is already something that you should have the current system. You could continue doing whatever internal RP things the same as before, but actions which affect other nations will be handled this way.

This RP doesn't have to require all the participants to run spreadsheets, but a general descriptor (could be something as simple as a range of 1-5) of a nation's economic and military capabilities in a certain province would be useful to have. If you want to count military units, you'll end up with Logistics, the Gameâ„¢, rather than a RP. For RP purposes, "strong military and average economic conditions in Warsaw province" is fine.

Magic and alien/sci-fi technology is cool and all, but shouldn't be a major factor in conflict resolution, unless clearly defined limits to them are set and balancing measures are put in place so the person RPing Imperial Japan doesn't get their nation blown up by the Death Star summoned by a portal to the 7th dimension of hell. Either you can have everything be the same, with these elements being more of a flair and used solely in RP posts which pertain only to the nation posting (i.e. P&W military customization), or you can have the community decide how to balance it. (maybe nations which use magic gain benefit X at the cost of penalty Y and your "standard" 20/21st century nation will be the baseline) Same thing for Economy.

4. Remove Consent Clause

This is just a really lazy attempt at addressing the lack of a functional conflict resolution system.

Here, you cross the line between a RP and a strategy game. The appeal of a nation RP, to me at least, is deciding how your RP leader would react to certain situations caused by other RP leaders. However, a lack of consequences for your actions is also not ideal. In D&D (clearly a RP), you'll still get killed by your other party members for being generally incompetent or for the keks and lels. If you want to RP literally Hitler, you're free to do so, but don't expect other RPers to not collectively beat you up for it.

Assuming that this last bit is in reference to the proposal that wars be decided by popular vote...

None of this really addresses the fact that such a system would pretty much turn wars into a purely OOC affair. Because, ultimately, what someone posts in a war would become largely irrelevant, all that matters is whether one is well liked enough to get votes. I could go and type up a couple lines saying that I'm invading someone, and pretty much autowin so long as I can get enough folks to back me OOC. At that point, none of the IC politics or actions matter, all that is relevant is whether one is liked OOC.

just ban the people who're causing issues smh, if you wanna remove toxicity just ban the toxic ones. Not hard.

If Alice did that, NatRP would die rather abruptly.

• Upvote 1

1. Clear Time Frames

4. Remove Consent Clause

Your proposal is great. The only issue is that many in the community are just in it for keks, and lels. Many of the community here, especially the older members, aren't that interested in making things make sense. They just want to blow off steam... It'll be like trying to get some kids who just want to stick fight, to get into LARP. A few might be tempted, but many will just want to continue stick fighting.

If Alice did that, NatRP would die rather abruptly.

I'm going to point out that you and your clique are showing an exceptional amount of egotism and arrogance, while supposedly feeling that's the biggest problem of the RP, irony. Now if any of you could actually come up with some actual rules and not simply fellating yourselves and disrespecting others, perhaps we could actually accomplish something.

Your proposal is great. The only issue is that many in the community are just in it for keks, and lels. Many of the community here, especially the older members, aren't that interested in making things make sense. They just want to blow off steam... It'll be like trying to get some kids who just want to stick fight, to get into LARP. A few might be tempted, but many will just want to continue stick fighting.

According to one of your friends, if someone with star wars tech fights me I should just automatically lose, and it's entirely my fault for not RPing a highly advanced nation, how does that make sense beyond "WELP GUESS YOU SHOULDA BUILD DEATH STARS TOO!"

Edited by Mogar
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to point out that you and your clique are showing an exceptional amount of egotism and arrogance, while supposedly feeling that's the biggest problem of the RP, irony. Now if any of you could actually come up with some actual rules and not simply fellating yourselves and disrespecting others, perhaps we could actually accomplish something.

According to one of your friends, if someone with star wars tech fights me I should just automatically lose, and it's entirely my fault for not RPing a highly advanced nation, how does that make sense beyond "WELP GUESS YOU SHOULDA BUILD DEATH STARS TOO!"

Our egotism doesn't descend into RP. Like I said, egotism outside of RP is fine. So long as you can compartmentalize it.

Actually, people in the UMS don't think that. People in the UMS think that people higher up the tech tree shouldn't interfere with MT nations unprovoked.

Not unleashing MOAB's on Ancient Greece is just good RP etiquette. Heck, most of us, myself included, even gimp ourselves when fighting less developed nations who actually provoked the fight.

Dylan(Schwieger, he of the Pepsi avatar who plays the Pords), has even gone on record saying "Pordish strength accommodates to the other persons RP skill". And this is NOT idle talk.

I've seen it first hand: Dylan will take losses that according to his Tech, he shouldn't, simply because he respected the craftsmanship of the other guys RP.

1) Rewording of the consent rule. Honestly I'm more for this. Rewording includes as I suggested having it required for full on invasions but remove it from smaller things ie the ability to spy without consent. As said this will cause some intetesting RP and in some ways make consent to wars more likely (if you were caught spying on a rival well that person can't ignore that now can he). Although I say this will also lead to some interesting political tension (you know something besides wars that can exist in these type of rps). Thalmor's idea of consent and set limits then anything goes is also good as well as Lelouch's. Also consent waiver is still up in the air.

2) Tech: restrict wars to modern tech if the two sides have differing tech levels. Can I also add that make new players who want to join and use advance tech actually RP it out. Despite what some think. As said some like Lelouch did actually RP out making his tech plausible and just rerolling them back isn't fair.

3) really this suggestion should be added even if consent is removed or not and that's moderation of wars. Before you go off and complain about this, wars rather you like it or not is a niche part of nation RP (at least for me) players want to be warmongers and players only want to war if its neccessary. Setting up rules for how wars are conducted might also be a good idea.

Edited by Amaryllis
  • Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

Good RP etiquette would mean not being a prick OOCly simply because you've been RPing for a decade and most of the others are new to the style of writing. These games are meant to be collaborative writing, not competitive.

Its a pretty simple issue and to me it's a pretty simple solution for each of these issues.

​war consent: scrap it entirely, but allow restrictions and what you can annex and what you cannot. For example, you cannot annex territory from a nation with a sea between you, as you need naval supremacy before you can even send ground troops over. Even then, some D-Day scenario. If, however, you are on the same land mass, it should be a very simple war, you can only take 1 or 2 provinces per month from the other nation you are declaring on. Who gets to decide who wins a war? leave it up to the community based on who makes the better, more in-depth posts. If Mogar goes to war against Ruhr's African colony, and he makes a decent post, and Ruhr makes none, then Mogar should have the choice to take the provinces that he immediately borders.

tech: see above. If someone is sci-fi but they make some really crappy godmod posts, and a medieval kingdom makes a really cool and in-depth post, then the kingdom should win the war - as decided by the NatRP community.

system isn't perfect because of favouritism but its better than what we have now.

I actually think the first part makes a reasonable amount of sense, there are multiple nations actively touching one another and a ground invasion is harder to prevent than an air assault or a naval assault from someone halfway across the map.

Edited by Mogar

Good RP etiquette would mean not being a prick OOCly simply because you've been RPing for a decade and most of the others are new to the style of writing.

Apologize, I didn't know we were still In Character and that we're RPing now! *Coughs, starts channeling his inner Mayan*

"By the grace of the Sacred Lights, by staining my Kingly Name, I must offer you up as Sacrifice to Ah-Bolom-Tzacab!

Ready your beachheads, or perhaps your front door. For I, Kan 'Ek, highest Ajaw of the Noh Chactun, shall do battle with you and your ilk!

By the Gods, and the Ancestors, my will Shall be done!"

While you make it out to be a bad thing, RP is not something I do or plan to do full time. I like many others have a life outside of NATRP and I do not intend for it to become like a job because where is the fun in that? I can't say I particularly like you and your comments thus far haven't really helped your case. You claim some higher level of RP but if it turns me into someone like you with a pole up my ass then you'll have to excuse me cause I pass.

#WALDOASF SIGGIF.gif.fbe87157f6507ae8c6df0ee1d66bd3b1.gif

Apologize, I didn't know we were still In Character and that we're RPing now! *Coughs, starts channeling his inner Mayan*

"By the grace of the Sacred Lights, by staining my Kingly Name, I must offer you up as Sacrifice to Ah-Bolom-Tzacab!

Ready your beachheads, or perhaps your front door. For I, Kan 'Ek, highest Ajaw of the Noh Chactun, shall do battle with you and your ilk!

I see reading comprehension is not your forte, please allow me to put it in a way you can understand

Good RP etiquette would mean not being a prick OOCly simply because you've been RPing for a decade and most of the others are new to the style of writing. These games are meant to be collaborative writing, not competitive.​

Edited by Mogar

"Greetings native and future subject of Her Majesty, I present to this gift of a smallpox blanket. Bugger off now."

• Upvote 1

While you make it out to be a bad thing, RP is not something I do or plan to do full time. I like many others have a life outside of NATRP and I do not intend for it to become like a job because where is the fun in that? I can't say I particularly like you and your comments thus far haven't really helped your case. You claim some higher level of RP but if it turns me into someone like you with a pole up my ass then you'll have to excuse me cause I pass.

Ah yes, I understand fully. I refuse to get involved with politics, personally. Never know how leading a political party will effect you, what if I become Literally Hitler?!?

In all seriousness, not wanting to try to perfect your hobby, and fearing doing so will make you a completely different person is... Sad... Literally, a depressing thought.

The idea that you feel your own self image is so vulnerable, that you will become an Angry Mayan Cosplayer like me if you improve yourself, is genuinely revolting. That is excessively weak willed.

If you're not being serious, tho, then all you've done is... Literally nothing. Except make yourself look delusional. I can tolerate prickishness, but insanity is never a flattering color to wear.