Civil War?

YaBoiCasaron

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the game and the forums itself. What I have been curious about is a "civil war" in Politics and War. I'll explain how it could possibly work.

1.  If a civil war were ever to happen, the nation would obviously need a low approval score (say 0-39%). 

2.  The chances of a civil war occurring are rare but could happen on any day of the month.

Once in a civil war, food production will be decreased by like 10-25%. All of your resources will be used/decreased by 10%, aircraft, ships, tanks, and soldiers will also be destroyed/killed due to the circumstances (maybe like 5-15%). 

I would like to hear from everyone's opinions on this.  One issue I encountered while thinking of this concept was the battle. It could be impossible to battle since there's no AI (I think) to attack you, aka a divided side.  :lol:

insert signature here

1.  If a civil war were ever to happen, the nation would obviously need a low approval score (say 0-39%). 

>low

Approval Rating: help.png 0% (-653.79)

Approval rating never was meant to matter. It used to be affected by embargoes, which never really mattered either.

Generally, the consensus is that more RNG is detrimental to a "skill or activity based game"

People already complain enough about the variance in battle results.

[insert quote here]

• 2 weeks later...
I think having approval ratings do something would be awesome, but maybe not /just/ the approval rating? Maybe something like:

If all conditions are true, 0.001% chance of civil war triggered on player's login

- ​Approval is below 20%

- No civil war in the past 60 days

- Military score is either more than 80% of total score OR less than 20% of total score

If civil war is triggered, the "rebels" do one ground-only attack every other turn using 50-250% of nation's ground strength. Beyond that, it follows standard war protocol, except you're essentially using your own military to destroy your own nation & its rebel faction. Maybe instead of using a fortify function, you could implement a "Crack-down" function that would reduce the rebels resistance by between 5-15 each use.

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

Just make it so approval rating = the chance of not getting a civil war everyday.

If your rating is 50%, then you have a 50% chance of getting a civil war at cycle whether you log in or not.

Half of your forces should defect to a rogue state that you're automatically at war with, but you can rebuild those forces since they're no longer in your military.  Until you defeat the rogue state, you can't attack any other country and all your policies become penalties instead of bonuses.

To be fair, all countries would be reset to 100% if this is implemented to give them a chance to deal with it.

Also, espionage could encourage dissent to reduce enemy approval ratings.

On the other hand, countries should be able to make consumer goods to increase approval rating.

Edited by Argotitan

• Wiki Mod

I need to start up an fmr thread. This has been suggested many times to the point of ad nauseum. The answer is no. Please refer to the other 50 threads on this subject for why.

• Upvote 1

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid