Nice job, IQ and Friends.

Buorhann

[backlash and stuff]

Meh. It probably wasn't the best idea to come across as insulting the loyalty of Syndisphere members… It's along the lines of what Kastor was doing and I'd rather not confribute too much more to the mudslinging fest that the OWF always becomes during wartiems. I have nothing more to say about this "upper tier superiority" thing and will just wait to see how it turns out.

Anyways, setting up a PoW camp (it's not really a PoW camp since admission is voluntary and members aren't being held against their willl, but /shrug) always results in the opposite of fhe intended effect, but they have been commonplace during the last few wars, it seems. If the intended purpose is to piss off the opposing alliances and throw away hope of a quick conclusion, then props to you, however. It's hypocritical to say that "deserters should be shot" while sheltering deserters from the opposin side. Nobody likes a hypocrite and members who have a reason to not participate in a war have better means of doing so, like asking the alliance government (or even vacation mode *gasp*). The only positive thing that this does is emphasize your belief in your rigntness and say that your cause is worth continuing the fight for. There are better reasons of doing this, though…like continuing to fight the war.

Also, at least in my perspective, the Inquisition isn't on some holy mission to save the game from the oppressive hegemonists. There really doesn't need to be this level of vitrol when posting kn the OWF. It is nigh impossible to change the polarizing state of politics in the game, especially when there is a dominant side involved. Neutrals are rolled, those who have ties to both sides are pressured to choose sides, etc. Nobody needs to delude themselves. The Inquisition's motive for splitting off was definitely to fight the Syndisphere and at best they made politics more D Y N A M I C for a few months to a year, when either they oust he Syndisphere from power and become the dominant side or are unable to do so, as the economic gap between the two sides grows too large and no amount of wars will be able to change it.

Inb4 the narrative changes again in a few weeks lmfao.

You bet your !@#$in ass that you have to choose a side in this game. None of that pussyfooting bullshit in Syndisphere playboi.

Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png

So uhhhm has IQ realized yet that their GAME CHANGING EXCITING MOVE has really, by virtue of their altogether childish and bad-faith posturing, caused the game to become even more harshly bipartisan?

...eh screw it whatever. Hit me up if you want to buy gas, you clowns.

You mean polarized. Bipartisan is implying that IQ and Syndisphere are agreeing or cooperating on something. 

Z98SzIG.png

Also, at least in my perspective, the Inquisition isn't on some holy mission to save the game from the oppressive hegemonists. There really doesn't need to be this level of vitrol when posting kn the OWF. It is nigh impossible to change the polarizing state of politics in the game, especially when there is a dominant side involved. Neutrals are rolled, those who have ties to both sides are pressured to choose sides, etc. Nobody needs to delude themselves. The Inquisition's motive for splitting off was definitely to fight the Syndisphere and at best they made politics more D Y N A M I C for a few months to a year, when either they oust he Syndisphere from power and become the dominant side or are unable to do so, as the economic gap between the two sides grows too large and no amount of wars will be able to change it.

I'd argue they made politics less dynamic and more bipolar and regressed us back to where we were last year. Especially with the way they acted in the peace talks + these mass messages + the shit-slinging and general butthurt.

As far as changing the polarizing state of politics, prior to this war we had probably the longest stretch of peace in ages and politics was not all that polarizing. Also there is no "dominant" side as far as the numbers go.

Both sides were fairly even this war, much more even than any war we've had for a very long time, IQ had more nations, more score, more lower tier and mid tier nations, while Syndi-sphere had more upper tier. 

• Upvote 4

XLL3z4T.gif

Why is IQ pretending like they have our low tier ZI'd and on farm.

I'm not angry, just confused.

I believe it is called "Propaganda"

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

You mean polarized. Bipartisan is implying that IQ and Syndisphere are agreeing or cooperating on something. 

Good call. I did mean polarized. Or partisan would have worked. Basically anything but the word I did use. : (

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

only 10 pages in ~12 hours

you almost make me want to come out of shitpost retirement

almost

Pls, I miss Strumposting.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

I'd argue they made politics less dynamic and more bipolar and regressed us back to where we were last year. Especially with the way they acted in the peace talks + these mass messages + the shit-slinging and general butthurt.

As far as changing the polarizing state of politics, prior to this war we had probably the longest stretch of peace in ages and politics was not all that polarizing. Also there is no "dominant" side as far as the numbers go.

Both sides were fairly even this war, much more even than any war we've had for a very long time, IQ had more nations, more score, more lower tier and mid tier nations, while Syndi-sphere had more upper tier.

I mean, this war had to happen regardless just to break up the web. So I disagree with you there.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

How was a unipolar world with increasing incorporation of alliances more dynamic? Again, everyone within your side had the opportunity to do something different. They chose perpetuating unipolarity, which led to the discontent which resulted in IQ. Unipolarity will only be perpetuated if there is an overall lethargy and lack of desire to put effort into the game(I don't mean building higher btw I mean competitive wars), and it's clear for some alliances they wanted something different.

Edited by Roquentin

>Kastor is the best troll Orbis has ever seen.

Everyone is so butthurt but thats exactly what Kastor wanted, its beautiful.

I can't think of a better strategy for the losing side to pull off than to give the winning team enough motive to want to push this war much longer.

Well played Kastor? :huh: 

• Upvote 1

Wall of Text srs transparent reply:

-Snip- 

Whatcha gonna do, blow up some 10 infra he has left?

Any long term effects have already been inflicted tbh

So I actually remembered through my hang over that this post existed and went back to read it.

I'm glad to see that you and I see closely eye-to-eye on the issues of mass messaging members of the opposing coalition to jump ship into a "POW" camp.  It sucks and all it does is aggravate the other side to continue the war as long as possible.  However, I also understand the usefulness of it's psychological impact.  I'm a huge fan of psychological warfare as it makes people do rash things (ib4 Roq goes "SEE SEE HE LIKES TO SPIN STUFF FOR PSYCHO CRAZY STUFF").  

For example:  Trolling at right moments in a game (Let's say in LoL) can suddenly turn the tide in your favor with your opponent doing reckless actions...  or it can push them to absolutely embarrass you (stat-wise) when they dedicate their time to ruin your K/D ratio.

On one hand, Keegoz was right - this particular move pissed me off.  Actually, it pissed off quite a few folks, I won't lie.  But we expected something like this to happen since Kastor was asking about all the alliances who was "on our side" pretty recent.  We're not completely ignorant here, trust me, although sometimes I wish we were - it may make wars more challenging that way to dip down to that level.

On the other hand, Keegoz isn't right - unless Kastor and crew just don't give a damn about their FA situation (Most likely the case, considering the wild speculations they've thrown around at us lately.  Hello DVDCHNDFDHJ).  Pretty solid chance that alliances on our side just won't entertain the idea of assisting their alliances anymore.

"We did this because of precedent"  "We also did this because of precedent" etc.

That's what we're getting right now.

The war wide white peace?  Precedent (168 Day War was the most recently cited source).  The POW camp? Precedent ("New Prisoner's Order" during Silent War was the most recently cited source).

Both are legit sources to use, but there's a difference.  In both occasions, those who performed those actions were clearly over their opponents.  At this moment, IQsphere is not clearly over Syndisphere (I'd argue that Syndisphere is over IQsphere, but not a clear case).  In other words, the white peace offer in 168 Day War was a mercy offer to move on once it was clear that those in a superior position would remain as such and there was nothing the other side could do about it without receiving extra outside assistance.  It was an offer, from my understanding, that took a lot of time to discuss and deliberate over.  The POW camp move, looking back to the history of it, was a move to demoralize and make fun of NPO's stubborness when the war was pretty much over with.  (Pretty hilarious name though, gotta admit that)

I honestly cannot recall in the history of Orbis, since I've been here, that any POW camp offer had a mass message to each individual member of each opposing alliance.  If it happened, it was definitely before my time in a leadership role.

"Why not just accept the white peace offer then?"

Well, it was honestly being discussed on the table initially before you guys even threw that offer to us, but you have to understand that there's many alliances here who strongly feel that they deserve reps for the attacks they suffered.  Especially the gang bang on Syndicate.  Why didn't we accept it?  You guys kinda !@#$ed yourselves in the conversations, and then this recent action too.  When you have as many alliances feeling strongly about deserving reps, it literally takes time to get everybody on board with that offer.  When you throw down a 3 hour time window, for example, to accept it?  We're more likely to say '!@#$ you' and move on from that, especially since we're not in a dire situation.

"Should ask for an extension!"

I think Lordship said it best when he told you folks that you shouldn't throw down a time limited offer with an expectation that we should be asking for extension.  That's not good communication or diplomacy skills.  However, him, Avruch, and I think a couple of others already spoke to you guys about that in the chat.

"But I looked back and didn't see anything bad!"  

We all saw the conversations, this isn't strictly from me and neither was I the only Syndisphere/Friends leader that saw the chat at that time.  I've personally saw a couple of statements shortly deleted.  The downside of Discord chat.  If I recall, there's still statements from you guys about how that was a nightmare of a chat room during that time.  It's also suspicious that you guys approached a couple of us to discuss on Voice Chat about the war.  Which I don't blame you guys since there's this strong feeling "Oh Hippo will just log dump".  Good way to go around that, but I honestly don't care that much (Plus I only dumped those screens with permission).

In any case, moving on from that.

In regards to the HBE/VE/BK stuff.  These were logs I shared with Curufinwe privately, initially, since I felt that he needed to know what was going on there.  Obviously, they feel it was a method of entrapment (Or that's what I'm thinking where that is coming from?  They haven't really shared their thoughts on that other than saying I was trying to entrap them).  If that is the case, that those logs were means of entrapping them, I would then question "how" due to the fact that HBE and VE were not part of IQ (And at the time VE was not allied with NPO, only HBE was, and that was recently upgraded).  If I'm right on that, then that tells me there were clear plans of instigation at this point, but I'll be stepping into that whole speculation area that Roq and Friends like to pull, so I'll stop there.

However, no where in the chat did Curufinwe mention to me that all was well and that things got settled on.  In fact, he asked for more, so I continued to share what I got that involved BK (Mensa was allied with them at the time of this).  Even some of the OOC reasoning behind the plotting, at which I was told "No comment" from him in regards to that.

So if it was settled between the three alliances, I had no idea, it's not like the government of Black Knights were good at communication (Less than 12 hours with signing NPO, the issues with VE, this stuff, etc).  I figured it was still going on.  In all actuality, with the VE plot of betrayal of using Syndicate's treaty - that could only mean two of Syndicate's allies that they would potentially hit - BK or Mensa.  Mensa because we're of similar size and, well, Mensa is a powerhouse threat if left unchecked (Plus we've fought each other in like 5 other wars).  BK because of OOC reasons or helping a bud out (HBE) in handling a grudge... maybe?

Who knows, but it was entertaining to think of.

Now here we are.  I have more to discuss, but for now I have to head out.  The party hasn't stopped this weekend.

• Upvote 2

Our low tier knows that whatever infra gets destroyed will be rebuilt, and Mensa is still buying cities for our low city people despite the war.

But yeah, they're just so mistreated.

Hmm....WTF getting ideas.

I do hope the BK side knows that just about everyone they are fighting has an upper tier that can easily (and I really stress easily) fund this war for their alliance as long as the BK side wants this war to go.

>Kastor is the best troll Orbis has ever seen.

Everyone is so butthurt but thats exactly what Kastor wanted, its beautiful.

Just gotta mention, that seems oddly like the sort of guy that drops the word "cuck" in the middle of an debate with someone and then logs into 4chan or reddit laughing about how they caused "LIBRUL TEARS" while the guy he just walked out on is going like "wtf is he laughing about?"

• Upvote 2