The war so far v4

Avruch

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CLq_ikPJNSG-fvmZFjLGsuuYv2YBfpHUOPjQAEYOTPg/edit?usp=sharing

As you can see below, the war continues to grind both sides into dust. Side A started with 1.49m score, while side B started with 1.74m. The two sides have collectively lost 1.24m in score, with side B (IQ and friends) having lost the lions share at 840k. The greatest overall losers are Black Knights (-158k) and Zodiac (-119k). NPO continues to have suffered the smallest proportional lost on the B side at 27.5%, while Cornerstone, Acadia, VE and SK have the largest proportional losses on either side (from 61% to 55.8%).

This is not to minimize the significant losses experienced by the defense; tS has suffered the greatest, at 43%, followed by Mensa at 36% and Rose at 33%. But even the loss suffered by the Syndicate would put it 4th to last on the IQ team, ahead of only Cerberus, tTO and of course NPO. It may also be telling that tS' score loss as occurred mostly in the last week, perhaps suggesting that it is the result of intentional range dropping as opposed to damage inflicted by the other side. 

IPeiKbo.png

• Upvote 1

OH DAMN, it looks like Hogwarts are finally dropping score. I'm glad someones beaten those pricks

• Upvote 5

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Hmmm, still shows a net increase for us and a net loss for you..... Are you trying to make an argument? 

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

These are a work in progress and not very accurate right now (the left side and the right side would match in a perfect world), but since you're making the new thread I might as well post them.

C3PuaWm.png

These are based on kill/loss stats from before the war up until yesterday.

Sources of inaccuracy: HBE is left out, raids like Arrgh are left out, nations that switched sides or didn't exist before the war got left out, etc etc.

• Upvote 1

These are a work in progress and not very accurate right now (the left side and the right side would match in a perfect world), but since you're making the new thread I might as well post them.

C3PuaWm.png

These are based on kill/loss stats from before the war up until yesterday.

Sources of inaccuracy: HBE is left out, raids like Arrgh are left out, nations that switched sides or didn't exist before the war got left out, etc etc.

These are too irregular to use.

I trust it for infra value, but only that.

This.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Hmmm, still shows a net increase for us and a net loss for you..... Are you trying to make an argument? 

The overall totals don't tell a great picture, but looking at the daily values there is a steady decline in the net damage taken on Inq side from the 18th, culminating in positive net damage on the 26th. A offensive reversed that briefly on the 28th but overall since then the damages have been positive and trending upwards. Part of that are the increasing Inq updeclares, though part as well is the fact Inq side has already lost most high value infra, so there is only so much damage remaining to be done.

I wouldn't say it heralds a clear victory on either end so much as increasingly a quagmire. Total net damage will likely continue to favor the syndisphere to the end, with the gap shrinking to various degrees as the war drags on. Certainly though its unlikely there will be a decisive blow to force the other side to the table.

I have the day by day breakdown of infra damage and military levels for the Inq side of things.The individual perofrmances probably wont interest anyone outside those alliances, but the overall coalition section at the top will show the trend of the war as a whole infra damage wise. I hope to add the syndi alliances tomorrow and have a side-by-side comparison of mil levels in addition to the infra damage/done comparisons.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YLpTZ0xkl4pVp9dIsYyZtzO2bKzuPJRRKahPPgDkTlY/edit#gid=0

EDIT: I should note for those interested, this sheet is still very much a work in progress. It is accurate through end of day (in-game) 5/03. Some stats for the 4th, but otherwise I haven't run any updates yet. I hope to have Inq fully updated later tonight through update today, and begin adding syndi alliances tomorrow.

Edited by Mikey
  • Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

The overall totals don't tell a great picture, but looking at the daily values there is a steady decline in the net damage taken on Inq side from the 18th, culminating in positive net damage on the 26th. A offensive reversed that briefly on the 28th but overall since then the damages have been positive and trending upwards. Part of that are the increasing Inq updeclares, though part as well is the fact Inq side has already lost most high value infra, so there is only so much damage remaining to be done.

I wouldn't say it heralds a clear victory on either end so much as increasingly a quagmire.

I think there's still a pretty clear victory, but there's a point of diminishing returns. At some point it isn't worth grinding infra lower, and you can't kill military score below zero. The loser's strat of submarine warfare works to an extent, but it doesn't fundamentally change the state of defeat. 

• Upvote 4

This is not to minimize the significant losses experienced by the defense; tS has suffered the greatest, at 43%, followed by Mensa at 36% and Rose at 33%. But even the loss suffered by the Syndicate would put it 4th to last on the IQ team, ahead of only Cerberus, tTO and of course NPO. It may also be telling that tS' score loss as occurred mostly in the last week, perhaps suggesting that it is the result of intentional range dropping as opposed to damage inflicted by the other side. 

TKR is also ramping up its downdeclares over the last week – I'm not sure about t$ because I haven't seen many range drops. 

Z98SzIG.png

These are too irregular to use.

My total amount of net damage done is pretty inaccurate at the moment, since a lot of nations were left out.

But I think the remainder are a representative enough sample that the *ratio* of damage done is very accurate.

http://i.imgur.com/3af4ven.png

I'll refine my numbers later but I don't expect to see Syndisphere's net resource damage get any smaller.

I think there's still a pretty clear victory, but there's a point of diminishing returns. At some point it isn't worth grinding infra lower, and you can't kill military score below zero. The loser's strat of submarine warfare works to an extent, but it doesn't fundamentally change the state of defeat.

Overall win will be determined by Strong and Stable leadership, vs the coalition of chaos TS will find itself in.

Now whats next on my agenda, Brexit means Brexit, Strong and stable, JAMS, Tax havens and no debate on my answer necessary.

Untitled.png.a5280e76db3e7bedecea0a5e4d7b7daf.png

The overall damage done will end in syndisphere favour. Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say that its unlikely there will be another significant knock out blow to force either side to the table, with Inq unable to touch the 18+ range, but holding its own in the mid and netting positive damage. At this point I'd say neither side can induce the other to surrender, though only time will tell if that calculus changes or if both eventually choose to end in white peace.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

The overall damage done will end in syndisphere favour. Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say that its unlikely there will be another significant knock out blow to force either side to the table, with Inq unable to touch the 18+ range, but holding its own in the mid and netting positive damage. At this point I'd say neither side can induce the other to surrender, though only time will tell if that calculus changes or if both eventually choose to end in white peace.

That's a limited view of the effect of this kind of war. Our alliances are able to grow with positive net income; we're building cities in our nations, expanding our reserves, etc. I imagine that isn't quite how things are going at IQ; they have to cap their growth to continue their strategy, even if they had the money to grow. Minimal new cities, mostly negative income, exhausting war supplies, etc. This state of the war will continue until it ends, and the longer it goes on the greater our advantage. 

• Upvote 2

Generally, I feel that tracking score alone is a gross misrepresentation of the actual situation.

(of course I'm just salty that BK has lost half its score and stuff)

Here's the militarization percentages from the buildup to now:

http://imgur.com/a/NTD5s

tfw TFP is left out of all the fun graphs

We're fighting Lord aa ron the most at a quick glance too. :c

• Upvote 2

tfw TFP is left out of all the fun graphs

We're fighting Lord aa ron the most at a quick glance too. :c

It only counts the top 11 alliances as of 3/27. 

I could probably do more, but I got lazy and the sheet was taking a while to load...

sorry.

Edited by Them

[insert quote here]

It only counts the top 11 alliances as of 3/27. 

I could probably do more, but I got lazy and the sheet was taking a while to load...

sorry.

Nah, it's all good. TFP isn't quite a "big" player in this conflict by any stretch of the imagination.