Top fighters

Avruch

Out of curiosity driven by some recent conversation and Khorne's thread, I decided to try to work out what the right rank ordering of Orbis' top fighters should be. The leaderboards will rank people by total kills of different types, but I think total kills doesn't give you a complete picture. Some time ago Ogaden came up with a weighted ranking system that I think is more sophisticated than what I have here, but I've ranked everyone who appears in the top 10 of any kill board by their kill/death ratios (a measure of efficiency). FYI while infra damage and loss shows up in the sheet, I don't use it as a KD ratio for ranking purposes. 

See here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CLq_ikPJNSG-fvmZFjLGsuuYv2YBfpHUOPjQAEYOTPg/edit?usp=sharing

There are several ways to order the results, but by average KD ratio (and excluding an anomaly result for Insert Name Here):

1NfKVWb.png

By average kill rank across all kill types:

5HJ1Riu.png

Feel free to reorder the results or make a copy of the sheet and come up with different rankings of your own. If anyone experiments with weighting to come up with a composite score, please post it here so we can ogle it!

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 3

lmaooooo you're a joke

yeah and you are the most respected person in orbis :) 

• Upvote 4

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

All Hail Eumir, King of Shitposting and Lord of Orbis

• Upvote 4

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

Nah, Catsby's already doing a good job of beating Kastor at his own game. Slow and steady. 

never question the power of kastor

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

It doesn't make much sense, if you are a good player in a bad alliance you get rolled, if you are a mediocre player in a good alliance you roll people without so much effort, if you are a raider you don't care about kills and you just want the loot, etc.

Anyway 95% of "a good fighter" is be online a lot and having an IQ higher than a monkey

• Upvote 3

It doesn't make much sense, if you are a good player in a bad alliance you get rolled, if you are a mediocre player in a good alliance you roll people without so much effort, if you are a raider you don't care about kills and you just want the loot, etc.

Anyway 95% of "a good fighter" is be online a lot and having an IQ higher than a monkey

This is true coz being a good player in this game doesn't require any special talent or something. "Great Players" are basically nothing but either people playing from ages ago compared to majority and/or have a lot of time to devote to the game :P 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

This is true coz being a good player in this game doesn't require any special talent or something. "Great Players" are basically nothing but either people playing from ages ago compared to majority and/or have a lot of time to devote to the game :P

Although you and Micchan do have a point, I'm gonna give you my example: I have a full time job, a family and my P&W nation just turned 1 year old. Yet I'm on the top 10 leaderboards for soldier kills, aircraft, tanks and ships destroyed. I'd be on the infra destroyed one as well, but I personally don't rate infra destroyed, as pretty much anyone can rack up destroyed infra by systematically attacking weak targets. So I'm not big on wasting gas and ammo pummeling weak opponents.

Why am I on those top 10 leaderboards? Because instead of hugging pixels I try to fight as often as possible and I know my way around the battlefield. There's a lot of hard work and strategy behind good stats - whoever thinks otherwise doesn't understand game mechanics and is welcome to try and see for themselves if they can get good stats.

Surely you can be a terrific fighter in an alliance that keeps getting rolled, I know a bunch of them and I could name at least 10. But I speak for myself - I'm pretty sure the majority of my military units destroyed are from peace time. So being in a bad alliance ain't an excuse for not having good stats. Sure it helps, I'm not an idiot...You won't have as good a proportion of K/D military units as you would in a better alliance, but it's certainly possible to have decent stats in an alliance that gets rolled fairly often.

• Upvote 1

Although you and Micchan do have a point, I'm gonna give you my example: I have a full time job, a family and my P&W nation just turned 1 year old. Yet I'm on the top 10 leaderboards for soldier kills, aircraft, tanks and ships destroyed. I'd be on the infra destroyed one as well, but I personally don't rate infra destroyed, as pretty much anyone can rack up destroyed infra by systematically attacking weak targets. So I'm not big on wasting gas and ammo pummeling weak opponents.

Why am I on those top 10 leaderboards? Because instead of hugging pixels I try to fight as often as possible and I know my way around the battlefield. There's a lot of hard work and strategy behind good stats - whoever thinks otherwise doesn't understand game mechanics and is welcome to try and see for themselves if they can get good stats.

Surely you can be a terrific fighter in an alliance that keeps getting rolled, I know a bunch of them and I could name at least 10. But I speak for myself - I'm pretty sure the majority of my military units destroyed are from peace time. So being in a bad alliance ain't an excuse for not having good stats. Sure it helps, I'm not an idiot...You won't have as good a proportion of K/D military units as you would in a better alliance, but it's certainly possible to have decent stats in an alliance that gets rolled fairly often.

Yep, all this exactly. 

Do not worry my friend, there are vultures like me that will be more than happy to eat the infra of the weak <3

• Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

Not necessarily, since a few of the members on this "best fighter" board are members who had only started in 2016. Most conflicts today don't really rely on a few players simply being good and more that the alliance can fight as a whole, though. Not to mention the leaderboard Avruch posted does not account for score: the score varies from 500 to 6500 and the ultimate impact they have in a conflict varies heavily. Some may simply be good risk-taking raiders while others are heavy fighters during a war. Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png

Not necessarily, since a few of the members on this "best fighter" board are members who had only started in 2016. Most conflicts today don't really rely on a few players simply being good and more that the alliance can fight as a whole, though. Not to mention the leaderboard Avruch posted does not account for score: the score varies from 500 to 6500 and the ultimate impact they have in a conflict varies heavily. Some may simply be good risk-taking raiders while others are heavy fighters during a war.

I can confirm everyone on that list was and is in the score that matters. Some are both risk-taking raiders and are heavy fighters during a war, while the rest were part of the Dub-sphere at some point in time.

Lxr4VfE.png

Here's my two cents. The truth in my opinion is that no amount of statistics can actually give a proper indication of who's the best fighter on Orbis. The only possible thing to determine from the statistics perhaps is who has had the most experience fighting, and for the most part, winning those fights. Only an inference can be drawn from those statistics that it is likely that those who have a lot of experience will be more familiar and better with the war mechanics. Beyond that, it's really impossible to determine who the best fighter is. 

To whoever who said above that raiders main aim is to loot and doesn't care about kills is incorrect. While it may stand true for a large majority (especially in recent times), it's not always the case. For me at least, I enjoyed burning pixels a lot more than gathering loot! It was a different sort of fun destroying tanks when steel was valued at around 3k-4k PPU :)  

Finally, you don't need to have a lot of time in your hands in order to be a good fighter. Almost all the people I know on the top fighting list have a full time job/education, a good social life along with quite a few being married too with children. You just need to utilize your time effectively in the best possible manner and have a strategy in place to when you have to be online. In the age of smartphone, that really is no big deal.  

• Upvote 4

Here's my two cents. The truth in my opinion is that no amount of statistics can actually give a proper indication of who's the best fighter on Orbis. The only possible thing to determine from the statistics perhaps is who has had the most experience fighting, and for the most part, winning those fights. Only an inference can be drawn from those statistics that it is likely that those who have a lot of experience will be more familiar and better with the war mechanics. Beyond that, it's really impossible to determine who the best fighter is. 

To whoever who said above that raiders main aim is to loot and doesn't care about kills is incorrect. While it may stand true for a large majority (especially in recent times), it's not always the case. For me at least, I enjoyed burning pixels a lot more than gathering loot! It was a different sort of fun destroying tanks when steel was valued at around 3k-4k PPU :)

Finally, you don't need to have a lot of time in your hands in order to be a good fighter. Almost all the people I know on the top fighting list have a full time job/education, a good social life along with quite a few being married too with children. You just need to utilize your time effectively in the best possible manner and have a strategy in place to when you have to be online. In the age of smartphone, that really is no big deal.  

But, What if you have lots of important Medical Exams you need to focus on?

Are you trying to say you can still fight a war then?

Cause that might just be a controversial opinion :P

Ole2.png

But, What if you have lots of important Medical Exams you need to focus on?

Are you trying to say you can still fight a war then?

Cause that might just be a controversial opinion :P

Lol

• Downvote 1

You can be a great fighter in an alliance that gets rolled often that much is true, but getting noticed as such is a different matter. Mayor on that list for example has always been good but it is only recently (in his Rose outing) he is being recognised as such outside largely just Arrgh/RW folk. Why? Well his conflicts were RW getting hit by half a dozen then Rose allies, dismantling Phoenix who was hardly highly rated (no offence to them), getting mugged by TKR as Overlord Kastor designed, Pantheon hit while everyone's attention was on the damage at the very top from TEst (RW's efforts in general there I feel went overlooked honestly, but it doesn't really matter), and finally of course Papers Please which are as stacked as the odds can be. 

Reps be it your alliance's or your own also can play a part.

The people listed here all deserve it though yes, that is certain enough.