A tale of two immense triumphs

Ogaden

04/27/2017 07:17 pm

High King Darth Revan of Nowy England ordered an airstrike upon the nation of Ogaden and eliminated 12 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. High King Darth Revan's forces lost 8 aircraft, while Pirate Lord Ogaden's defenders lost 77 aircraft. The attack destroyed 99.65 infrastructure in the city of Qalaafo and 2,524 tanks.

04/27/2017 08:03 pm

Pirate Lord Ogaden of Ogaden ordered a ground attack upon the nation of Nowy England led by High King Darth Revan and eliminated 10 Resistance. The attack was an immense triumph. Pirate Lord Ogaden's forces lost 13,910 soldiers and 280 tanks, while High King Darth Revan's defenders lost 10,936 soldiers and 176 tanks. The attack destroyed 66.83 infrastructure in the city of New London and 0 improvements. Pirate Lord Ogaden stole $772,169.50 in the attack.

I think the nerf of ground damage from ground attacks isn't just 50% less, seems like about 90% less.

Edited by Ogaden
tvPWtuA.gif

Missing context: how many tanks did you have in the first hit, how many did you use and how many did your opponent have in the second hit. Also, how many planes did he hit you with in the first hit. 

Edited by Avruch

Context is really important here but I don't disagree with the general sentiment that air raids kill so many tanks and ground battles destroy so few tanks that the current system incentivizes air over ground, particularly with the finite resistance pool mechanic.

Context is really important here but I don't disagree with the general sentiment that air raids kill so many tanks and ground battles destroy so few tanks that the current system incentivizes air over ground, particularly with the finite resistance pool mechanic.

That's true, but its also (1) realistic and (2) not clear how that is a bad thing necessarily. 

Edited by Avruch

There wasn't a value judgement in what I said.

Appreciate you pointing that out, as I would not have realized that purely from the absence of a value judgment in your comment. (Just kidding, I can read). 

Airpower is the most formidable in almost all theatres of war, and rightfully so.

On another note u cannot imagine how dumb it is in another game when they invented an imaginary tank called "gearhounds" that can take on any number of A10s and B2s at one go.

Missing context: how many tanks did you have in the first hit, how many did you use and how many did your opponent have in the second hit. Also, how many planes did he hit you with in the first hit. 

I hit him first with about give or take 1000 planes. 

My ground forces were around 10k soldiers and 5k tanks when he hit me with ground attacks, I do not remember how big his forces were. Maybe he's not factoring in the air superiority advantage I had when he attacked me? 

Edited by Darth Revan

the more outclassed you are the more damage you will take, I was playing with the calculator today, and if i launch a ground attack on my opponent, it says in a 10 run average, I should kill just under 5k tanks in an attack.

that's with 375000 troops 31250 tanks, vs 315000 troops 8500 tanks.

I ran 2 air strikes on him so far and have killed 4k tanks, (when it was 2150 vs 1200 planes) and 5k tanks (when it was 2150 vs 600 planes) respectively.

Even when I curbstomp somebody with like 16k tanks it still doesn't kill very many tanks, I've yet to kill more than 2k tanks in a ground attack since the changes went in.  Before the changes you could wipe someone's entire ground forces in 4 hits

tvPWtuA.gif

Yes, air is too powerfull in this game, I still don't know why Alex did nothing for this

Right now all the wars are just planes, air to destroy air, air to destroy ground, air to destroy navy, air to destroy infra, boooooooring

Since planes need gas an ammo, and these things are on the ground, a ground control of level 2 who can reduce gas and ammo for planes could be a good idea

1 ground immense triumph = normal ground control like now

4 (?) consecutive ground immense triumphs = ground control of level 2

ground control of level 2 = planes do half of the damage or maybe an airstrike requires 6-8 MAPs

the more outclassed you are the more damage you will take, I was playing with the calculator today, and if i launch a ground attack on my opponent, it says in a 10 run average, I should kill just under 5k tanks in an attack.

that's with 375000 troops 31250 tanks, vs 315000 troops 8500 tanks.

I ran 2 air strikes on him so far and have killed 4k tanks, (when it was 2150 vs 1200 planes) and 5k tanks (when it was 2150 vs 600 planes) respectively.

The thing is that the simulator is not updated. The numbers you get are wrong. The simulator shows much bigger ground casualties than what actually happens.

• 2 weeks later...