The war so far - v3

Avruch

At a certain point, there isn't anything left for us to destroy that does significant damage. If IQ sees that as the tides turning in your favor, well okay then

If it's so bad for us, why would anyone end the war?

• Upvote 1

I mean, we're not.

We have a big surplus of resources, might as well spend it and see how this down declare stuff works out.

It'll also (hopefully) finally show how stupid this game is by keeping Air so dominate for as long as it has been, seeing as how it's literally the most used military unit in the game (and has been), as well as cheaper in resources than Ships and arguably Tanks (At least in expending Munitions/Fuel for the same amount of damage).

• Downvote 1

-Alpha flashbacks-

You would end the war because it got boring. Can't convince your coalition to stay with you if the effort is pointless. Small groups can maintain suppression: Alpha managed to internally keep their morale and justify a bottom-tier mudsling fest under the reasoning that even if they weren't making any money, Syndi was making decreased money and their allies could perhaps get ahead. I guess if y'all are willing to stay down we have no choice but to keep going anyways despite reasons to stop

Also it's bad manners tbh

EDIT: realized he meant us, tweaked it a little

Edited by Beowulf the Second

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

I will have you know that MENSA is currently having a long running debate over lifting technique, dieting, and routines on our forums.

Do we even lift?  Pppft, MENSA both overthinks and at the same time under-thinks basic, banal life tasks like lifting.  It's what we were born to do.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

It'll also (hopefully) finally show how stupid this game is by keeping Air so dominate for as long as it has been, seeing as how it's literally the most used military unit in the game (and has been), as well as cheaper in resources than Ships and arguably Tanks (At least in expending Munitions/Fuel for the same amount of damage).

That we can agree on. Planes need rebalancing. 

That we can agree on. Planes need rebalancing. 

More power must be given to the almighty Roqboat. As he leads out to see. Praise to L Roq Hubbard and his wonderful Church! All hail the Roqboats. Now if Sheepy joined us in making the Roqboat the ultimate military weapon, it will truly benefit everybody! 

• Upvote 1

I mean, we're not.

We have a big surplus of resources, might as well spend it and see how this down declare stuff works out.

A big requested change for planes is to nerf the damage it does when you target tanks and ships, which is a reason why air is so dominant over other units. 

Also, the fortify option, which is a bit irritating. 

Z98SzIG.png

Small groups can maintain suppression: Alpha managed to internally keep their morale and justify a bottom-tier mudsling fest under the reasoning that even if they weren't making any money

The biggest reason we kept fighting was to make it clear that an attack on Alpha wouldn't be a short war, but a prolonged nukefest.  I think that point was made effectively.  Plus we had enough resources to keep nuking and most of us were really enjoying the updeclare nukings from low infra.

As for this war, I'd be interested to see a nation count and score that includes only the Syndi-TKR side that was in range of the Inq side now.  Or maybe downdeclare plus 500-1000 score for sell-downs.  I think that number is a big reason why peace/reps hasn't happened.

Edited by Placentica

I think the problem with comparing this war to the Alpha conflict is that Alpha was able to annoy and stall the growth of about 3-4 times the nations that they had. In this war the lower tier meatgrinder, which is probably not making great income while holding military units and improvements, actually outnumbers the nations they're pinning.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I think the problem with comparing this war to the Alpha conflict is that Alpha was able to annoy and stall the growth of about 3-4 times the nations that they had. In this war the lower tier meatgrinder, which is probably not making great income while holding military units and improvements, actually outnumbers the nations they're pinning.

Another difference is that Alpha wasn't zeroing out militaries and then keeping those nations pinned. This isn't war quite like we've seen before. It certainly hasn't been an easy task, and at this point we still have lost more, but this side has definitely made progress in at least keeping this competitive. Which is a lot more than we can say for the third and fourth rounds of previous wars.  

• Upvote 1
0Lovl.png

Another difference is that Alpha wasn't zeroing out militaries and then keeping those nations pinned. This isn't war quite like we've seen before. It certainly hasn't been an easy task, and at this point we still have lost more, but this side has definitely made progress in at least keeping this competitive. Which is a lot more than we can say for the third and fourth rounds of previous wars.  

True about Alpha. I was thinking of it more in terms of damage. Alpha was able to do way more damage in terms of infra to larger nations, but couldn't pin those nations. IQ is keeping nations pinned, but can't really damage them anymore. Both of those are "damage" in the economic sense.

In terms of it being competitive... I never saw it that way. I see it as two not-competitive conflicts happening in the same war. :P

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

You really believe that? 

The T-Rex in this case would also be very much in danger. 

We are using only the heavily damaged nations while the upper tier is almost intact and can produce enough to sustain the entire alliance

You side has all the nations in the low and mid tier with low infra and busy with wars, no one is producing and everyone is consuming resources, one day the bank will be empty

Submarine warfare is good only if you are waiting for help that can hit the enemy in the upper tier

• Upvote 2

Both sides are losing members. I know a couple Zodiac guys got annoyed and left.

It is tradition that when the sphere wins an alliance on the other side loses ~30% or more of their membership. Please continue it and remind these fools not to start shit before they're ready, or else we get people like Restius who will cry because arrangements were not made for them.

Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png