The war so far - v3

Avruch

Does this include factors such as dropping military to down declare?  Or is that counted as a loss?

The Mensa/Zodiac side of the conflict is a lot of military growth/loss from score manipulation.  Which I figure is why TKR could be at the biggest loss for the defensive side, due to dropping military to down declare.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Does this include factors such as dropping military to down declare?  Or is that counted as a loss?

The Mensa/Zodiac side of the conflict is a lot of military growth/loss from score manipulation.

Just plain total nation score change. Definitely an imperfect measurement, but still a fairly useful gauge of war progress. 

The Mensa/Zodiac side of the conflict is a lot of military growth/loss from score manipulation.  Which I figure is why TKR could be at the biggest loss for the defensive side, due to dropping military to down declare.

I haven't seen that on TKR's side yet, but recently they have been strengthening their low tier to declare on BK, VE, and NPO. If they have, it doesn't seem significant.

Z98SzIG.png

VM nations are a big one as well. I'm actually fine with that not being separated out though, since really you're using those to measure war capacity/war losses and a nation that is in VM should be worth literally zero in that sense. :P

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

You're right

For example this is my score

23955143769afe338afb6101635647bf5816a128

And like me many other players

• Upvote 4

Damn. Did not realize how many numbers were on the other side right before this war kicked off.

IQ actually had near double the nations but overall lacked a proper and coordinated upper tier while the lower tier was rendered ineffectual for the entirety of Round 1; while I hate to admit it the bulk of NPO ended up clashing with other similarly scored folks from other alliances and after the entire whole tier was decimated it's only time until the lower tier in Syndisphere was bolstered and sent to down declare.

VM nations are a big one as well. I'm actually fine with that not being separated out though, since really you're using those to measure war capacity/war losses and a nation that is in VM should be worth literally zero in that sense. :P

Someone should point out how Pantheon had 1/6th of their nations in VM yet still managed to hold off a huge attack. While they are not as influential as TKR or Rose, they've certainly accomplished an impressive feat, almost as impressive as t$'s 1v7.

• Upvote 2

Z98SzIG.png

Thus far, it's been a pleasure to fight alongside Pantheon, TKR and WTF. I hope any clouds of doubt levied against Pantheon's competence or commitment are well and truly cleared at this point, seriously respectable showing and top class coordination throughout the entire war. Mad respect.

bw0643E.gif

So, um

When do the peace negotiations and surrender threads

We're receptive to negotiations now.  Some are being stubborn to prove a point about the updeclare/submarine strategy.  Only alliance that has nothing to lose in that case is NPO, so it's all about if the rest want to follow suit on that or not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gonna address the attempted hegemoney stuff once since it's so comically wrong and can only have a basis in external stuff.

So let's look at it: as I said in the other topic the tiering was specifically a response to Syndisphere domination of the political landscape and IQ is recent thing. I'm sure we'll be taking some damage shortly. Our mil numbers recovered because some people that got knocked down in the first round were able to rebuy, but some with high mil will be losing tt soon.

Until a few months ago, either there was going to be no split or it'd be a long lines of two groups that we weren't on friendly terms with in the slightest.  The other side as I said has always seemingly attempted to use as a replacement for their previous antagonists. However, we never had the capacity be it economically(to grow allies) or militarily to provide such a challenge on our own and no one in our small circle of allies prior to IQ did. However, the refusal of majority of the core alliances in Syndisphere with the exception of BK to change things resulted in them and their close allies in CS/Zodiac giving up on change within the sphere. We have had no hegemonic ambitions nor the ability to act upon any and our role with IQ has been mainly a support one. They were the ones dissatisfied with the status quo and were willing to risk a lot to change it and we were willing to work with them to change things knowing they were the movers in this.

The only thing coming close to a hegemoney and certainly a military and a cultural one is the one that Syndisphere has had. You set the values the wider game embraces. The norms, the reactions, the tone of the forums, and so forth have all been shaped by Syndisphere. There isn't really anything we could do to overturn all of that. We all know who the more hardcore/elitist alliances are and everyone knew going in this would be a challenge and many would be taking big hits in the upper tier due to the disparities between the sides. The constant attempts to paint us having a finger in every pie and tie all sorts of plots to us is thought of as a joke by most everyone who actually engages with me/us.

• Upvote 3

bottom line,
#clapping continues but NPO send his friends and allies to get #clapped :)

aA9XUQZ.png