Cobra Kai isn't ready to be a father

Sometimes when your opponent doesn't wanna fight you gotta just jam your missile in there and let it loose.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

I don't usually reply to this sort of stuff, but whatever. I'll bite.

Your post implies that the alliance in it's entirety is made up of the 'guys [that] have been playing for years and know how to run a war,'. As I'm sure you know, alliance leaders do not make the alliance in full, wars are the combined effort of both the leadership and the membership. I'm sure that CKD's leaders did the best they could, but to imply, or even simply state that untested, inexperienced members can do their best in the first try is nothing short of idiocy. Sure, there are a few exceptions (Mensa, for example) but unless the whole of your membership are experienced fighters, you can't simply assume that there won't be hiccups/dilemmas for the alliance to face. In-fact, this is exactly why an alliance's first war is a benchmark for them - you understand what your short-comings were, where you did good, where you did OK, and where you could've improved. It gives you new ideas on how you can improve your Military Structure and performance. These are all things I hope CKD experienced, as this is what will make them stronger in the longer run.

Moreoever, talking about the 'guys [that] have been playing for years and know how to run a war,' you seem to forget that these guys were fighting with people that already knew the game in and out. New people, new outcomes; expecting CKD to do their absolute best is, frankly speaking, more than a bit odd.

All the best to CKD. A speedy rebuild to you! o/

But pretty much every alliance has new players who've never fought in a real war. Acting like CKDs noobs are somehow different because it's CKDs first war as an AA is, as Ronny says, condescending and disingenuous.

bw0643E.gif

Am I the only one that takes that complement as extremely condescending?   "Hey you guys did good for your first war!"  If someone said that about Grumpy, I would be super pissed,  Most of those guys have been playing for years and know how to run a war, to act like this is their first time to the big show is just so damn condescending.  Its not just you Harry that says stuff like this, but people do it all the time to other "new" alliances run by guys that have been playing for years, it drives me nuts.

I mean, new alliances, even ones made up of experienced players, still need to work out the kinks and coordinate and such effectively as a team, especially if they've never done so before. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I would think there are plenty of other factors that make congratulating an alliance on their first victory genuine.

New alliances with experienced players, are still new alliances after all. 

XLL3z4T.gif

But pretty much every alliance has new players who've never fought in a real war. Acting like CKDs noobs are somehow different because it's CKDs first war as an AA is, as Ronny says, condescending and disingenuous.

tbf, I don't think he meant to be condescending or disingenous even though it can be taken that way. 

Am I the only one that takes that complement as extremely condescending?   "Hey you guys did good for your first war!"  If someone said that about Grumpy, I would be super pissed,  Most of those guys have been playing for years and know how to run a war, to act like this is their first time to the big show is just so damn condescending.  Its not just you Harry that says stuff like this, but people do it all the time to other "new" alliances run by guys that have been playing for years, it drives me nuts.

I mean there is a fundamental difference between GOB and CKD. Yours is elite only and  CKD is mainly mass recruiting and organizing wars with players who have very little idea about war mechanics and how it works is one of the toughest jobs. Like you have 13 vet. player who clearly know what to do and stuffs like I would say take 50 new player with that veteran 13 and try to organize a war you can as well see the mess going over there. 

Now if you want to go with your alliance name and want to be grumpy with anything and everything thats a different issue :P but apart from that I don't think I mentioned anything wrong on that previous post :)

Edited by Harry Potter
  • Upvote 4

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

It may have been my post not conveying what I was attempting to say properly, but I think you misunderstood my point. Simply put, my point is this: It was CKD's first war, they have noobs. No matter what you may claim, there's few alliances out there that will be able to function with the same cohesion and coordination that they will be able to display after they've fought wars with each other prior. 

SRD posted this:

I responded by trying to explain why people say what they say, and how their comments aren't invalid in it's entirety. Knowing HP, he wasn't trying to be either condescending or disingenuous, if he was it'd be more apparent. :P

It's disingenuous, in-fact, to say that CKD's first war (even if it is led by former-TEst people) would see them achieving certain greatness. HP's post is merely him saying that CKD's war performance wasn't particularly the greatest, but that's understandable. He then proceeded to laud them for what they did achieve, and wish them a good rebuild. Dunno how that's disingenuous tbqh

On that note, I'm not trying to be either, apologies to CKD (and anyone else that felt that way) if my posts came off that way.
  • Upvote 1

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Prefontaine

Pure Gold, ~KT chat:

I mean there is a fundamental difference between GOB and CKD. Yours is elite only and  CKD is mainly mass recruiting and organizing wars with players who have very little idea about war mechanics and how it works is one of the toughest jobs. Like you have 13 vet. player who clearly know what to do and stuffs like I would say take 50 new player with that veteran 13 and try to organize a war you can as well see the mess going over there. 

Now if you want to go with your alliance name and want to be grumpy with anything and everything thats a different issue :P but apart from that I don't think I mentioned anything wrong on that previous post :)

This is really quite true, as I'm finding out the hard way with TFP. The fact that we have people all over the world in different time zones doesn't quite help either. I think I'm going to need to figure who's going to be on at what time in order for me to organize us better next time. My current "Hold my beer moment" is basically testament to this.

• Upvote 1

I mean, new alliances, even ones made up of experienced players, still need to work out the kinks and coordinate and such effectively as a team, especially if they've never done so before. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I would think there are plenty of other factors that make congratulating an alliance on their first victory genuine.

New alliances with experienced players, are still new alliances after all. 

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

u shouldn't rely on the pull out method it's nor vry effective compared to othsr forms of bc

I mean, this thread turning into a sex ed lesson would actually be one of less strange CKD threads.

Happy rebuild!

xzhPlEh.png?1

Don't take this too hardly CKD. You entered in defense of an ally and although this war wasn't exactly planned greatly you did well and entered with a better blitz than other alliances, even if this was your first time. CKD still has potential to play a greater role in shaping politics, and the room for improvement means that this is the worst time to become disenchanted with how current politics are going. Keep it up and enjoy the rebuild.

• Upvote 6

Congrats to Cobra Kai Dojo for peacing out so quickly and leaving their allies on the battlefield.

• Upvote 2

Get Roz to complain about CKD, just to balance it out. Dirty CKD pixel huggers, only trying to profit from a war and pull out when things don't go their way! /s

Rozz, my non-RW Rose equivalent can do that job if he so wishes. 

I spoke up with tTO due to a previous action on their part and no more. CKD have no history in regards to conflicts. 

giphy.gif

He's actually not in the war, though, just commenting on it. People can have their opinion I guess, if we actually spoke up about it then people would complain we're being salty. 

Z98SzIG.png