The war so far v2- updated stats

Avruch

The 100% tax imposes a cap on more efficient players and forces them to grow at a pace which limits not only their own revenue but also the alliance as a whole which would receive an income boost far larger than anything they would under a 100% tax capping an entire alliance if they instead adopted a economic system which rewards efficient and talented players.

Please define what do you mean by "talented players" in a text base nation sim game :P  I don't think any of us have some special talent (apart from shit posting) related with this game that is not present in any other PnW player. To some extent you can divide people by activity level yes but talent is too much to be honest :P  

I mean if you actually have a member base which is okay with 100% tax rate then it is not bad to keep that tax rate it will help the alliance in longer term :) 

I am 100% sure that a lot of PnW econ department head of different alliances think that it would have been better to keep 80-100% tax rate if member base have no issue with it :P 

As it always helps alliance as a whole. 

Edited by Harry Potter

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

You are describing an idealistic and impossible to achieve economic state of affairs. Central command economies and 100% taxes go hand in hand with inefficiency simply due to it being for all intents impossible to maximise economic growth due to the human factor.

If we had some bot capable of perfectly organising an alliance's economy to reach maximum efficiency under 100% taxes with a focus on maximum growth of revenue and production then I agree, it would be better but we don't have such a thing.

Within the realistic boundaries of the human factor in this game in regards to 100% taxes and central command economics, it's simply idealistic to think that such a thing is possible in it's perfect form.

Case in point, Hogwarts, 0 % taxes and members are freely able to request loans in large amounts with minimal interest or get interest free loans from larger members who are saving for more costly cities. Is it perfect ? No, but it achieves better results than economic policies implemented elsewhere, perhaps everywhere, in this entire game.

Heck, we will probably end up supplying significant rebuilding funds for half the alliances involved in this war so the 0% taxes and economic style we employ must be doing something right. Wouldn't be surprised if rose was one of them actually.

So yeah, stop being a silly commie and embrace the joys of free market capitalism. The inherent problem is that the money you take away from a talented player to give to someone who is smaller player who isn't as talented will usually end up in the long run generating less long term revenue and resources simply due to the more talented player being more efficient in their own nation's economy.

Case in point, if Jess and Abbas or any other player in this a game had identical nations, same continent and same starting conditions and each received 100 million and neither were involved in a war, you could 100% bet that 6 months later jess's revenue and production would be significantly ahead of anyone else. The 100% tax imposes a cap on more efficient players and forces them to grow at a pace which limits not only their own revenue but also the alliance as a whole which would receive an income boost far larger than anything they would under a 100% tax capping an entire alliance if they instead adopted a economic system which rewards efficient and talented players.

It's like a repeat of cold war economic policy arguments in here or something :P

You really don't understand the idea of a command economy. The idea is you put the guy who is more efficient at building their own economy in charge of all of them. You don't need a bot, you just need someone who knows econ. It isn't impossible at all, the biggest setback for a proper command economy to actually work is convincing your own members to do it, and to not break morale, and NPO already has that in the bag.

As for Hogwarts, you guys have good econ that relies on outsourcing loans and such to generate a profit and its very effective. But if every single alliance employed your economic policy it wouldn't work because you'd overflow the market with competitors and noone would make a profit. Its not a very comparable situation.

• Upvote 5

XLL3z4T.gif

And the lightest damage by far among the Inquisition and its friends has been earned by New Pacific Order, suffering only 12% score loss. Draw your own conclusions from that statistic.

Roq has a gun, send help

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

"Case in point, Hogwarts, 0 % taxes and members are freely able to request loans in large amounts with minimal interest or get interest free loans from larger members who are saving for more costly cities. Is it perfect ? No, but it achieves better results than economic policies implemented elsewhere, perhaps everywhere, in this entire game."

Grumpy who also operates at 0 taxes and gives out huge interest free loans, also uses a similar system and it works really nicely.  Taxes are the worst.

That being said, Hogwarts or Grumpy's economic system wont work for 98% of the alliances out there, but because we can run like we do, I agree that it makes us significantly more efficient than most of you.  I think its also a big part of the reason that for over 200 days that Grumpy has existed, we have never had a member leave the alliance after they have put in their membership fee.

Man, anyone notice how its the same people who get rekted every war?

You would think that they would take a hint by now.

And I dont wanna hear about bias, I have friends on both sides of this less than useless war.

• Upvote 1

And I dont wanna hear about bias, I have friends on both sides of this less than useless war.

Not this time when there's BK on the other side. This war's going to on or we all get rekt. :P Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png

Not entirely sure what war you're looking at, the sides have changed a bit.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

It's like winning takes a modicum of effort above logging in weekly for 30 seconds.

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg