New Nation, Economical Growth

The Endarian State

As a nation just over a week old, The Endarian State, and I as its leader, seek to make much economical growth. I am not yet accustomed to the way the "Free Trade Market" works, but I would like to be. If someone could give me an explanation of how things work? I am open to dealing with pretty much anyone and making valuable investments. If anyone is interested with dealing with a new, serious player, please contact me. If any banks or other businesses are looking for investors, I may not have much not but I am open to investing. I am also looking for national allies outside of my membership of Ragnarok, perhaps trade partnerships and some mutual pacts and defense against raiders or other enemies, or to raid together. I am open to negotiating anything at the moment. 

Nation link: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=64628 

Edited by The Endarian State

Economical growth eh? Piece of advice: Get used to war. Right now, the best thing you can do is raid the shit out of everyone that is in your range (be mindful of who you choose to hit, confirm with your alliance before you do so). If you don't, your economic build is going to get crushed; what most people forget is that the best economic build is NOT one that doesn't focus on military at all, rather, it's an optimized build you can protect with your military. Pure econ isn't going to get you far if you're involved in a war.

Some basic Econ tips:

Crime > Disease: IIRC crime's almost 10 times stronger (9.983 to be a bit more precise) than disease in killing people. For example, a 1500 infra city with 1% of crime would have about 14,975 crime related deaths, while the same 1500 infra city with 1% of disease would kill 1500 people; basic lesson: If you have both crime and disease, it's better to cut on the crime.

Trading: Use the market:

• Selling; simple, and straightforward. You put up a trade offer, selling a certain amount of a specific resource, for a specific price. That price is PPU, or Price Per Unit. This can often be profitable in times of war, (like now) when you're not participating in a war, and have a large stockpile of resources. (Be wary of selling too much of your War-Chest [Collection of resources you use when you're fighting, to not spend your then limited income on resources.] because, simply put, you'll need it.  ;)
  • Buying; again, simple. You put up an offer buying a certain unit quantity for a certain price. Don't get your price to cross the lowest sold threshold, some alliances have bots that sweep the market, and notify them when that happens.
  • Playing the market; In simple terms, you put up a buy offer one dollar higher (some people don't appreciate this, you can place it at the same price, if you want.) than the highest buy offer (Be mindful of not crossing that unit's lowest sold price). Say, $1 higher than the highest offer for coal, once you have the money for your trade offer. Then, once your offer is accepted, sell the resources you just got for a cheaper price in the 'Sell' part of the market; you can either undercut the lowest sell trade offer (Say lowest is $1500, you place your offer at $1499. This is called undercutting, and people dislike it.) 

In short, if you did the last part, bought 100 coal for $1350, and sold your 100 coal for $1500, you just got an extra $15,000, a measly amount, but with time, and at a larger rate, you can make quite some money.

Land and Infra: Always buy infra in increments of 100, and land in 500, unless you're trying to even them out at a straight multiple of 100 and/or 500. Also, always keep your infra and land in a 1:1 ratio, or 1:n ratio, where n is greater than 1. (Do the latter if you have say, 1700 infra in your city, and obviously want to keep the land amount a clean multiple of 500, you can do 1700 infra, and 2000 land.)

General City Building: Learn Math. Seriously. While you're at it, Excel/Google Sheets is something you should know how to work with, there's several sheets that help you with choosing proper 'Profit' buildings in the correct order. Alongside that, there are nation simulation sheets as well (I for example have a few different ones lying around, correct to the +$2/-$2 range of a nation/city's actual income.) Create one if you're really as serious as you say, and you'll do well in all city building options.

Oh and, last thing, read Kemal's guide. It'll set you on the right path.  :P

Good luck with the game.

• Upvote 1

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Prefontaine

Pure Gold, ~KT chat: