The war so far

Avruch

Upper tier doesn't mean much. Mid tier matters. TS side has always lost the upper tier, but won the mid tier. Let me know who's winning that battle.

It was true in the past, but there has been an upwards push to the upper tier following the decline in number of  upper tier alliances outside of Syndisphere and adding of new ones to it e.g. there were once big threats like Rose, TEst, etc., so there are an increasing number of nations in it. The relative security they had in the last 6 months allowed for it as well.

words and shit

Not sure if I agree with your order, I'd put Pantheon higher and us lower.

But yer, Zodiac had a stand out performance on their side tho gg. Good first war guys, clearly a merger that might last.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

@#$%@!^%!#@$^#$^#$!^#$^#$^$#%$#@

WE DIDN'T SPEND OVER 2 YEARS TRYING TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO GIT GUD FOR NOTHING AND THIS IS STILL DONE?!

All of you, go back to your rooms and think on what you've done. Father Hippo is mad.

Wait! Really! And why do I have to go to my room. I didn't do anything!

Nerd To The Core

With tS it was a lot more important for it to work due to the all planes thing. 

There was never going to be an answer to Guardian, Pantheon upper tier, GOB, TCW, upper tier or tC given the relative of lack of upper tier nations. I think the consolidation of the upper tier on your side in the last 8 months or so would show that. Most of the people who were in range of those knew going in they'd take a pounding.

Alliances like CKD and tTO also chose to hit Pantheon, thinking it was an easy target instead of giving Guardian/tC a bit more of a fight.  Pantheon really didn't need more coverage like that and I think it reflected a desire to avoid a hard fight.  That's how coalitions fail quickly when people are already trying to back out, evidenced by tTO's quick exit.  I'm sure there is more to the story there, but between CKD/tTO/VE and maybe throw in KT in there to some extend, there was enough w/CS/Zod/Arcadia to show up a bit more this war.  Although there were real failures going in with the fighting reputations that CS/exBoC/exChola/BK/VE had (I remember you grinding up BK in Silent).

I didn't follow exactly what happened, but did you lose 1 MAP when the server glitched or was it more than that?  I was surprised tS stayed afloat because with a quick 1/3rd lopped off their maxes, I'm still curious why you weren't able to handle tS - even with their activity levels.

Alex deserves credit for extending that first turn by two hours too, giving us lots of time to get counters up.

It was an hour, and it helped the other side as well. I think it was far less impactful than what it will be blamed for in the fallout of this war.

• Upvote 1

WE DIDN'T SPEND OVER 2 YEARS TRYING TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO GIT GUD FOR NOTHING AND THIS IS STILL DONE?!

All of you, go back to your rooms and think on what you've done. Father Hippo is mad.

Sorry about that, it was my fault.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

Alliances like CKD and tTO also chose to hit Pantheon, thinking it was an easy target instead of giving Guardian/tC a bit more of a fight.  Pantheon really didn't need more coverage like that and I think it reflected a desire to avoid a hard fight.  That's how coalitions fail quickly when people are already trying to back out, evidenced by tTO's quick exit.  I'm sure there is more to the story there, but between CKD/tTO/VE and maybe throw in KT in there to some extend, there was enough w/CS/Zod/Arcadia to show up a bit more this war.  Although there were real failures going in with the fighting reputations that CS/exBoC/exChola/BK/VE had (I remember you grinding up BK in Silent).

I didn't follow exactly what happened, but did you lose 1 MAP when the server glitched or was it more than that?  I was surprised tS stayed afloat because with a quick 1/3rd lopped off their maxes, I'm still curious why you weren't able to handle tS - even with their activity levels.

We went based on a mutual defense trigger that couldn't be avoided. Tactical planning wasn't on our part. The OO split-Syndisphere drama isn't our war, Pantheon is just a front that we were pulled into.

We went based on a mutual defense trigger that couldn't be avoided. Tactical planning wasn't on our part. The OO split-Syndisphere drama isn't our war, Pantheon is just a front that we were pulled into.

Your alliance bio lists your BK treaty as non-chaining (BK attacked Pantheon's ally), so it wasn't a defense trigger, it would be oA/nD, but in either case, fair enough.

• Upvote 5

BK's blitz was also botched because of the server glitch, so that 1 essential MAP was missing and the entire alliance was disoriented when Pantheon jumped in. The alliance also had a lot of isolated upper tier members and no real solid upper tier, so BK wasn't able to press Pantheon or Rose sufficiently. And now with FA issues with TKR and Mensa and TKR DoWing on BK, there's going to be even more issues these next rounds. The mid and low tiers are managing to hold on but I doubt that's going to be enough. 

The way BK moved out of the Syndisphere made a serious FA mess. 

Z98SzIG.png

BK's blitz was also botched because of the server glitch, so that 1 essential MAP was missing and the entire alliance was disoriented when Pantheon jumped in. The alliance also had a lot of isolated upper tier members and no real solid upper tier, so BK wasn't able to press Pantheon or Rose sufficiently. And now with FA issues with TKR and Mensa and TKR DoWing on BK, there's going to be even more issues these next rounds. The mid and low tiers are managing to hold on but I doubt that's going to be enough. 

The way BK moved out of the Syndisphere made a serious FA mess. 

Ayy our glorious counter blitz knocked everyone off their high horse!

4622234.jpg

eastwood.jpg

It was an hour, and it helped the other side as well. I think it was far less impactful than what it will be blamed for in the fallout of this war.

The MAPs didn't come through from the day change, if I'm not mistaken, so it actually was three hours after the war started that any MAPs were given.

The MAPs didn't come through from the day change, if I'm not mistaken, so it actually was three hours after the war started that any MAPs were given.

MAP was given in 1:30 mins after the day changed. And also it affected all the alliances like if our side was able to come up with new defensive strategy in 1 hour then it's opposition's fault that they are unable to produce any new plan in that time.

• Upvote 2

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Rose's first war after I set them on this FA direction and they're being ranked #2 😢 The pride is real. I take full credit even though I had nothing to do with it. The flags still look fantastic though.

• Upvote 1

I'm not quoting back to the chain, but a massive problem with a lot of people perspectives on war performance is that they are focused solely on stats and are forgoing the context of those stats. Also, everyone is only looking at the war damage and paying zero attention to the political ramifications of this war. I'm going to lay out my perspective here, starting with strictly military.

Best war performance: TKR.

The Knights Radiant may have fought on easy fronts, but holy shit did they fight on a lot of them. They also set themselves up to be one of the most impactful in the second round. Consistent high performers who delivered again.

Runner up: Rose.

First time in a long time Rose has been great rather than simply passable, but we're finally back. Hit by an alliance with almost 100 more members than us, we fought our way back with only minimal help from a pantheon that got dog piled and a WTF with only 10% of the members of BK. Decentralized milcom went a long way for us this war.

Third: Zodiac.

Pinning Mensa, even briefly, is no easy task. I've heard the Chola half was far superior to the BoC half, but haven't paid too much attention myself.

Fourth: Syndicate.

Recovering military after a seven AA dog pile. Wozzers. The intial planes only strat may not have worked out as planned, but the recovery is incredible.

Fifth: Pantheon.

Last minute blitzes and getting dogpiled are not recipes for success, but Pantheon has dug deep and stayed on top of things. New gov members have giving Pantheon a taste for blood and they've proven that they are a force to be reckoned with.

Now the under-performers.

Fourth: Cornerstone.

Bad econ set them up to lose billions, and they did. Very early on they were the worst for net damage, and there is almost no way to recover. And when LPS actually graces us with his presence, that stat will just get worse.

Third: Black Knights.

Given a target they should have beaten by sheer size, BK's blitz was mediocre but their follow up was non-existent. Chewed to pieces, BK fell apart on a critical front, even with a fair amount of help.

Worst: SK and VE

Tied because they were neck and neck in the race to irrelevance in this conflict. Almost broke Rose's record in 168 for fastest to neutralized.

Alliances needing comment:

NPO. Spending billions in lost income to keep yourselves in the lower tier makes you annoying, not unkillable. And what's been done with the limited resources hasn't been spectacular.

Lordaeron. Being the sixth man on a seven man dog pile and rolling smaller targets without even posting a DoW is not impressive, no matter how hard you shit post. Uncountered and untested, lordaeron might impress later, but I doubt it.

Now for the winners of the current and post war foreign affairs landscapes.

First: Rose. Everyone wondered if new Rose could fight. Allies, opponents, third parties. It was the one thing that clouded everyone's perception of us. Now those clouds have been !@#$ parted. "Rose can't war" was sort of accurate when we were in the upper half of Paracov, but now it's the battlecry of losers referencing years old wars because they've run out of shit to say. We hit like trucks and are hung like horses. We got a swagger that's earned and I can't wait to spend the next 3 months politely turning down MDP offers.

Second: Pantheon. They'll get shit for the VMers, but they, like Rose, have finally proven undoubtedly that they can throw their weight around when it matters. A solid ally not just in intention but action, they'll get shit from IQ for a couple of wars, but they've proven to those who actually pay attention that they can hold their ground.

Third: Hogwarts. TEst, but run by someone with finesse and nuance? Terrifying. HW is set up to be king makers in the post war landscape.

Now for those with much worse outlooks.

Third: Black Knights. The days of the fun meme loving goofballs are over. Former allies scorned, BK finds itself playing back seat to an NPO that might have been looking to swap it out at one point. BK is in a very constricting position, and it's their own doing.

Second: VE. The plotters are back in control, Milcom is garbage, FA options are to get vassalized by NPO or die in a vacuum. All the work done on VE since Silent has been undone, and then some. Survival is on the line, but old names don't fade that often.

Worst: Lordaeron. Dropping then undropping NPO, begging to join syndisphere then back tracking, shitposting uncontrollably, bragging about a war performance that wasn't that impressive and mostly a matter of circumstance, openly plotting against a war partner (polaris) and unceremoniously dropping an MDP ally in their announcement thread of another treaty. Maybe NPO is desperate enough for more lower tier advantage to keep them, but they're going to keep the leash short.

Edit: CF is my special smol friend who always steps up and Satisfriend is bae.

Thread over , everyone can go home.

• Upvote 5

Untitled.png

ts has a unique way of motivating the members. Unlike BK where there is this monthly newsletter(very good idea btw). ts leadership reaches out to players individually over time. this personal touch pkus the investment the alliance is making in the development of its players in my opinion makes the difference and keep the players active and motivated over time ... you know... in order to Git Gud.

Edited by LostWorld
  • Upvote 1

I'm not quoting back to the chain, but a massive problem with a lot of people perspectives on war performance is that they are focused solely on stats and are forgoing the context of those stats. Also, everyone is only looking at the war damage and paying zero attention to the political ramifications of this war. I'm going to lay out my perspective here, starting with strictly military.

The Knights Radiant may have fought on easy fronts, but holy shit did they fight on a lot of them. They also set themselves up to be one of the most impactful in the second round. Consistent high performers who delivered again.

First time in a long time Rose has been great rather than simply passable, but we're finally back. Hit by an alliance with almost 100 more members than us, we fought our way back with only minimal help from a pantheon that got dog piled and a WTF with only 10% of the members of BK. Decentralized milcom went a long way for us this war.

Pinning Mensa, even briefly, is no easy task. I've heard the Chola half was far superior to the BoC half, but haven't paid too much attention myself.

Recovering military after a seven AA dog pile. Wozzers. The intial planes only strat may not have worked out as planned, but the recovery is incredible.

Last minute blitzes and getting dogpiled are not recipes for success, but Pantheon has dug deep and stayed on top of things. New gov members have giving Pantheon a taste for blood and they've proven that they are a force to be reckoned with.

Bad econ set them up to lose billions, and they did. Very early on they were the worst for net damage, and there is almost no way to recover. And when LPS actually graces us with his presence, that stat will just get worse.

Given a target they should have beaten by sheer size, BK's blitz was mediocre but their follow up was non-existent. Chewed to pieces, BK fell apart on a critical front, even with a fair amount of help.

Tied because they were neck and neck in the race to irrelevance in this conflict. Almost broke Rose's record in 168 for fastest to neutralized.

NPO. Spending billions in lost income to keep yourselves in the lower tier makes you annoying, not unkillable. And what's been done with the limited resources hasn't been spectacular.

Lordaeron. Being the sixth man on a seven man dog pile and rolling smaller targets without even posting a DoW is not impressive, no matter how hard you shit post. Uncountered and untested, lordaeron might impress later, but I doubt it.

First: Rose. Everyone wondered if new Rose could fight. Allies, opponents, third parties. It was the one thing that clouded everyone's perception of us. Now those clouds have been !@#$ parted. "Rose can't war" was sort of accurate when we were in the upper half of Paracov, but now it's the battlecry of losers referencing years old wars because they've run out of shit to say. We hit like trucks and are hung like horses. We got a swagger that's earned and I can't wait to spend the next 3 months politely turning down MDP offers.

Second: Pantheon. They'll get shit for the VMers, but they, like Rose, have finally proven undoubtedly that they can throw their weight around when it matters. A solid ally not just in intention but action, they'll get shit from IQ for a couple of wars, but they've proven to those who actually pay attention that they can hold their ground.

Third: Hogwarts. TEst, but run by someone with finesse and nuance? Terrifying. HW is set up to be king makers in the post war landscape.

Third: Black Knights. The days of the fun meme loving goofballs are over. Former allies scorned, BK finds itself playing back seat to an NPO that might have been looking to swap it out at one point. BK is in a very constricting position, and it's their own doing.

Second: VE. The plotters are back in control, Milcom is garbage, FA options are to get vassalized by NPO or die in a vacuum. All the work done on VE since Silent has been undone, and then some. Survival is on the line, but old names don't fade that often.

Worst: Lordaeron. Dropping then undropping NPO, begging to join syndisphere then back tracking, shitposting uncontrollably, bragging about a war performance that wasn't that impressive and mostly a matter of circumstance, openly plotting against a war partner (polaris) and unceremoniously dropping an MDP ally in their announcement thread of another treaty. Maybe NPO is desperate enough for more lower tier advantage to keep them, but they're going to keep the leash short.

Terrible list and I'm not even gonna comment on the Lordy thing. :P

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

it was the MAP since a lot of the cases nations with less planes had hit them to get ground and control and then air and it allowed them to respond without having had their aircraft targeted right after. So since they didn't lose their planes, they could hit other people with full planes or still narrowly beat the people who declared on them. People also couldn't rebuy at the time.

Edited by Roquentin

All of you, go back to your rooms and think on what you've done.  Father Hippo is mad.

Don't you mean Mother?  :rolleyes:

(pls dont kill me)

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Prefontaine

Pure Gold, ~KT chat:

but if we're not unkillable why arent you killing us yet?

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-