BK recognition of hostilities

DVDCCHN

NPO's history? We've lost two wars and pretty much stayed away from trying to bring in any (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) aspect to our policies. Our leadership is literally made up of folks who've fought the other world NPO for years, including leading the fight to break up the hegemoney there. Over here none of that matters, seeing how your only defense is oh "look there" when we've done our best to showcase we are a different set of folks here. So if you please, can you stop blurring lines and use our history solely on Orbis when trying to make an argument? 

Again, I'm not the one that brought (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) into this. What you're asking would be a foolish thing to do. I'm not willing to ignore any part of your history when judging your alliance and its motives, particularly when people in your alliance have written up posts akin to propaganda depicting Orbis as another place for Pacificans to put themselves on top. Whether or not the people on your side are the same or not really doesn't matter as long as your motives remain the same, and you have done very little to convince me that isn't the case. I simply don't trust you to not try to dominate the game and neither should BK.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Again, I'm not the one that brought (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) into this. What you're asking would be a foolish thing to do. I'm not willing to ignore any part of your history when judging your alliance and its motives, particularly when people in your alliance have written up posts akin to propaganda depicting Orbis as another place for Pacificans to put themselves on top. Whether or not the people on your side are the same or not really doesn't matter as long as your motives remain the same, and you have done very little to convince me that isn't the case. I simply don't trust you to not try to dominate the game and neither should BK.

Our motives have been quite transparent to all those who ask. We literally want to exist in Orbis without the fear of being constantly rolled for non-reasons. We've done our best to keep away from all the peanut gallery shouting and such because well, we really had no intention to antagonise or become some new sort of hegemonic power. We've always known that we needed to be safe and secure, without the fear of people trying to chase us out of this game for reasons that stemmed from another one and its as simple as that. Anything else is your imagination. And if you're using propaganda as your defense on our motives than go ahead. But its literally that, propaganda. Every alliance does it their own way, heck Partisan even agreed he helped the anti-NPO propaganda grow in tS to keep their side motivated. I know most of us don't care about the propaganda itself because we have enough real evidence of Syndisphere trying to roll us and keep us down ( I mean two wars in the space of months kinda proves that :P, though the Silent War can be considered a grey area worth discussing I must say ).

We would like to exist and play this game without the fear of being unjustly hit every day and if that somehow makes us some draconian evil baby eating monsters than go ahead. There's no point discussing it then lel. 

Edited by Shadowthrone
  • Upvote 2

Our motives have been quite transparent to all those who ask. We literally want to exist in Orbis without the fear of being constantly rolled for non-reasons. We've done our best to keep away from all the peanut gallery shouting and such because well, we really had no intention to antagonise or become some new sort of hegemonic power. We've always known that we needed to be safe and secure, without the fear of people trying to chase us out of this game for reasons that stemmed from another one and its as simple as that. Anything else is your imagination. And if you're using propaganda as your defense on our motives than go ahead. But its literally that, propaganda. Every alliance does it their own way, heck Partisan even agreed he helped the anti-NPO propaganda grow in tS to keep their side motivated. I know most of us don't care about the propaganda itself because we have enough real evidence of Syndisphere trying to roll us and keep us down ( I mean two wars in the space of months kinda proves that :P, though the Silent War can be considered a grey area worth discussing I must say ).

We would like to exist and play this game without the fear of being unjustly hit every day and if that somehow makes us some draconian evil baby eating monsters than go ahead. There's no point discussing it then lel. 

It's funny, a lot of what you're saying reminds me of what t$ was saying when we had to deal with the threat of Paracovenant every now and then. I guess the fundamental difference is that we don't consider our reasons to be non-reasons. We can't ignore your history as an organization elsewhere. As long as there's distrust between our alliances we are bound to remain opposed to each other.

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Can someone elaborate as to what specific outcome BK was expecting to see in TKR placing OO above all other treaties? Seems a bit odd to insist on such a result if BK didnt already have some goal contrary to the rest of their former sphere's benefit.

Certainly doesn't sound like the BK I was allied to and fought alongside countless times

I can only speculate that there would have eventually been a separation from Syndisphere.

Given your continued lies about your allies planning to attack us and false assurances that we wouldn't be attacked if we didn't intervene in the Alpha dispute, I can't imagine why we'd've taken the precaution of signing a pact with another one of BK's allies at the time.

I really do not want to get into this debate as we've discussed it many times over already.

I really do not want to get into this debate as we've discussed it many times over already.

I can only imagine why you would not want to emphasize this in favor of the continuing overarching attempt at creating a new horse shit mountain.

I'm glad that BK's foreign policy is the same as DEIC's back in the day: strut around like you own the place and then shit uncontrollably

Which ironically stopped once a pigeon became leader. >_>
  • Upvote 2
xzhPlEh.png?1

I wasn't originally gonna bother responding in this topic, but dangit, you convinced me to do it anyways.

So firstly, the motivation you are trying to attribute to BK and BoC simply isn't accurate. Neither of us set out with the specific goal of rolling anyone.

But let me put aside all the propaganda and try to give you some honest insight into our thoughts. Whether you choose to believe me or just decide to ignore me is of course entirely up to you, but this way I can at least say that I tried.

Alright, so all of this hinges on a premise. The premise that The Silent War is the last, somewhat, even war that we have seen in this game until the current one. Again, not asking you to agree or disagree, just saying how I see it. So The Silent War, which was in September if I remember correctly, is the latest war we've had where the outcome wasn't decided in advance. That is approximately 6 months in which the only wars we've had have pretty much been complete beatdowns.

So it has been 6 months since we've had a somewhat even war. Now for anyone just wanting to sit on top of the world and pad their stats, that would be a fine situation, but in case you haven't noticed, that has never really been BK's goal. We like to fight and we like a challenge. 

Going back to the end of the Silent War, there didn't really seem to be any challenge left. NPO, the Covenant and all their friends were severely beaten and demoralized. The attempt at creating a new sphere around SK and Valyria were taken down before they ever became a true challenge and the last remaining opposition, the paperless, were crushed in an overwhelming fashion. Now I'm not blaming anyone for any of that, just saying it like it is.

So it was clear that Syndisphere or Syndi-OO-sphere or whatever you want to call it had, in essence, won the game. There was literally no one left to stand against us and even worse there was no one even willing to try.

Thus it was clear that if anything interesting were to happen, it had to involve a split in the then powerstructure. Now we originally wanted the split to be OO breaking away from the rest of Syndisphere, but when TKR made it clear you weren't interested (which is completely fair BTW) we had to do it in some other way and the way we ended up doing it was with the creation of The Inquisition.

Now you can agree or disagree with the way we did it, and I'll be the first to admit that there were some missteps along the way, but you can't really argue that it did what we set out to accomplish. It shock the status quo of the game and gave us a war in which the outcome, at least as far as I can tell, isn't decided from the get go.

If your goal was to just sit on top of the game, having won, then I can see why the current situation is upsetting, but, as mentioned, that has simply never been BK's goal. We don't want the iron throne. We don't want to "win". We just want to wake up to the lovely smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Now you are welcome to try and pick apart my post, hell I more or less expect it and I just realized I could have boiled it all down and just quoted The Dark Knight: "Some men just want to watch the world burn".

Eh, I get that. But it's the winners who write history, so don't !@#$ it up. :v

Le1AjCa.png

I wasn't originally gonna bother responding in this topic, but dangit, you convinced me to do it anyways.

So firstly, the motivation you are trying to attribute to BK and BoC simply isn't accurate. Neither of us set out with the specific goal of rolling anyone.

But let me put aside all the propaganda and try to give you some honest insight into our thoughts. Whether you choose to believe me or just decide to ignore me is of course entirely up to you, but this way I can at least say that I tried.

Alright, so all of this hinges on a premise. The premise that The Silent War is the last, somewhat, even war that we have seen in this game until the current one. Again, not asking you to agree or disagree, just saying how I see it. So The Silent War, which was in September if I remember correctly, is the latest war we've had where the outcome wasn't decided in advance. That is approximately 6 months in which the only wars we've had have pretty much been complete beatdowns.

So it has been 6 months since we've had a somewhat even war. Now for anyone just wanting to sit on top of the world and pad their stats, that would be a fine situation, but in case you haven't noticed, that has never really been BK's goal. We like to fight and we like a challenge. 

Going back to the end of the Silent War, there didn't really seem to be any challenge left. NPO, the Covenant and all their friends were severely beaten and demoralized. The attempt at creating a new sphere around SK and Valyria were taken down before they ever became a true challenge and the last remaining opposition, the paperless, were crushed in an overwhelming fashion. Now I'm not blaming anyone for any of that, just saying it like it is.

So it was clear that Syndisphere or Syndi-OO-sphere or whatever you want to call it had, in essence, won the game. There was literally no one left to stand against us and even worse there was no one even willing to try.

Thus it was clear that if anything interesting were to happen, it had to involve a split in the then powerstructure. Now we originally wanted the split to be OO breaking away from the rest of Syndisphere, but when TKR made it clear you weren't interested (which is completely fair BTW) we had to do it in some other way and the way we ended up doing it was with the creation of The Inquisition.

Now you can agree or disagree with the way we did it, and I'll be the first to admit that there were some missteps along the way, but you can't really argue that it did what we set out to accomplish. It shock the status quo of the game and gave us a war in which the outcome, at least as far as I can tell, isn't decided from the get go.

If your goal was to just sit on top of the game, having won, then I can see why the current situation is upsetting, but, as mentioned, that has simply never been BK's goal. We don't want the iron throne. We don't want to "win". We just want to wake up to the lovely smell of gunpowder in the morning.

Now you are welcome to try and pick apart my post, hell I more or less expect it and I just realized I could have boiled it all down and just quoted The Dark Knight: "Some men just want to watch the world burn".

Don't really care that you backstabbed syndisphere - it was bound to happen.

Don't really care that you backstabbed TKR - it was bound to happen.

Kinda care that you went the same route that choked (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to death of signing an entire new sphere of treaties without cancelling your current treaties because you wanted to "tactically engage."

Hopefully people will wake up and realize the horseshit for what it is before it happens again.

• Upvote 1

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg

I'm fine with the ideas outlined above of an attempted political upheaval against t$. The game needs exciting things to happen every couple of months. I'm meh on the execution though; while you guys gained a surprise factor by not canceling your treaties, it looks a little bad even with the bloc justification because you can't get around the fact that you're generally hitting the sphere of your historical allies

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

This is the post you make when you make decisions before the right timing.

Do not make decisions before the proper time.

Congratulations to the Greatest Sphere This Game Has Ever Seenâ„¢ for its 11th victory.

Edited by Jacob Moore
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

> want to split syndi 

>kept syndi ties 

top kek 

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

You ever meet a pathological liar with false memory syndrome? Like, they believe the lies they are conceiving are factual, to no fault of their own? Well, I just read a novel by one and holy cannoli was it a doozy!

Guest Curufinwe

So you wanted to change the dynamic by splitting the sphere and warring the other side. I'm at least glad someone was kind enough to admit it. What you done !@#$ed up and did was conveniently hold on to your treaties to act as a shield even though you knew if your minds eye that you planned on rolling those same individuals. That is a shit move and you and your co-conspirators deserve to get shit for it. You kept them because you did want to win contrary to popular belief and you believed those ties would help you get it. You don't get to say you want to watch the world burn while hiding behind false pretenses like "wanting to retain the relationship with your Syndisphere allies" because it comes off like the giant pile of BS it is.

I think Zoot's point is more that many of us in BK felt that the current concentration of power in the Syndi-OO bloc was unhealthy to the game, which in turn motivated us to try to alter the existing unipolar dynamic that had emerged, since following the defeat of TEst there wasn't really anything interesting left to do except stack pixels and roll the same old AAs every few months. However, we also recognized that any move in this direction could be perceived as a threat by people who were invested in the status quo, so we tried to take measures to ease those concerns. That's the reason, for example, that we offered TKR a successor treaty to OO, since we thought it might calm the fears on your side that change automatically translates into conflict. That's also the reason that we opted to retain our ties to tS and Mensa, refrained from building up when TKR and its allies did so following the signing of the NPO treaty and the formation of IQ and generally did our best to ease the paranoia regarding our intentions on your side (including the mutual decom offer I alluded to in another thread). Now, like Zoot, I realize that I'm not going to change your mind or sway you from the narrative that IQ is a grand conspiracy to knock TKR off its pedestal, but I think it's worth pointing out that your decision to treat us as an adversary has helped create a self fulfilling prophecy. Your paranoia fed our paranoia to the point where we felt we had no option but a preemptive war, since we figured you were coming for us in a few days anyways. Perhaps we were mistaken and your intentions were utterly benign, but it didn't look that way from the outside and that's what we based our decision on. In any case, the TLDR is that, yes, BK thinks unipolarity is unhealthy but, no, we didn't retain our treaties as a 'shield' to attack you - actively warring you guys didn't emerge as a serious option until we felt there was no other option but to do so.

With that in mind, feel free to resume your shitposting.

I think Zoot's point is more that many of us in BK felt that the current concentration of power in the Syndi-OO bloc was unhealthy to the game, which in turn motivated us to try to alter the existing unipolar dynamic that had emerged, since following the defeat of TEst there wasn't really anything interesting left to do except stack pixels and roll the same old AAs every few months. However, we also recognized that any move in this direction could be perceived as a threat by people who were invested in the status quo, so we tried to take measures to ease those concerns. That's the reason, for example, that we offered TKR a successor treaty to OO, since we thought it might calm the fears on your side that change automatically translates into conflict. That's also the reason that we opted to retain our ties to tS and Mensa, refrained from building up when TKR and its allies did so following the signing of the NPO treaty and the formation of IQ and generally did our best to ease the paranoia regarding our intentions on your side (including the mutual decom offer I alluded to in another thread). Now, like Zoot, I realize that I'm not going to change your mind or sway you from the narrative that IQ is a grand conspiracy to knock TKR off its pedestal, but I think it's worth pointing out that your decision to treat us as an adversary has helped create a self fulfilling prophecy. Your paranoia fed our paranoia to the point where we felt we had no option but a preemptive war, since we figured you were coming for us in a few days anyways. Perhaps we were mistaken and your intentions were utterly benign, but it didn't look that way from the outside and that's what we based our decision on. In any case, the TLDR is that, yes, BK thinks unipolarity is unhealthy but, no, we didn't retain our treaties as a 'shield' to attack you - actively warring you guys didn't emerge as a serious option until we felt there was no other option but to do so.

With that in mind, feel free to resume your shitposting.

tl;dr 

> we were bored coz we were no where near our bloc buddies TKR on any aspect and wanted to do something new (

> but we also have a fear what if syndi rolls us thats why we kept those treaties to get a bit of breather and then later decided to attack syndi

now what I think personally is your first point of getting bored and wanted to do something different is not wrong even mensa signed rose and they didn't pre empt. on syndi in 1 month. you wanted to have new ties thats not wrong but going to betray your long time allies is certainly wrong. And trust me the bloc bk is part of shouldn't be named as IQ it's

" TRAITAROSPHERE"

And here is your new flag :) 

Untitled2.png

• Upvote 4

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Mensa has no agreement with Pantheon that I'm aware of, while they do have one with us. Given their desire for our help it doesn't appear unreasonable to expect the same, given our great love and respect for one another.

de·fense

dəˈfens,ˈdēˌfens/

noun

the action of defending from or resisting attack.

"they relied on missiles for the country's defense"

synonyms: protection, guarding, security, fortification; More

Pantheon attacked us, therefore we are on the defensive. The reasons for them doing so are immaterial as far as the letter of our treaty is concerned. Avruch, I look forward to your FA department's analysis and the no doubt vigorous counter Mensa will make on Pantheon at the earliest opportunity.

You've yet to hit SK.

• Upvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

We were definitely open to sphere splits for the sake of keeping the game fun, as t$ had stated in gov coalition chans with our allies in the past. We promoted transparency on the subject when it came up before the DONG WARS / paperless. Open discussions on such concerns are healthy. I for one certainly understand the game stagnation argument. The purpose of games is to have fun; so do what is fun. And as we said then and as I'll say now, we only needed to be approached on the subject and we would have understood. 

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.