Mensa recognition of hostilities

Avruch

Guest Curufinwe

We thank you for your interest in BK and appreciate your call but unfortunately all of our agents are busy dealing with an infestation of roses and an inexplicable influx of Greek gods. Please hold the line and our agents will be happy to assist you when one becomes available.

We thank you for your interest in BK and appreciate your call but unfortunately all of our agents are busy dealing with an infestation of roses and an inexplicable influx of Greek gods. Please hold the line and our agents will be happy to assist you when one becomes available.

I looked for appropriate call center memes, Knights holding a phone, whatever. But I came to realize that dank memes are not my thing. 

Um guys, okay but

nPrZmES.jpg

It looks like you ignored my response in the other thread when you posted this completely unrelated attempt at a gotcha.

Here I'll quote myself. 

There's a serious gap of logic here though. The expectation that you have for your allies is that they should be willing to break non-aggression clauses to defend their allies, but I see no public (and I'm aware of no private) communications to BK from Pacifica about their unwillingness to enter against SK, who they don't even have a non-aggression clause to deter from their entry. In effect, the standards by which your allies behave in a way appropriate to you is entirely arbitrary, and only matters when the deck is against you. I suggest that it's okay to be a little firm in your convictions and standards instead of being flaccid in them. If you really give a rat's ass about TKR's "betrayal" of Pacifica than you should probably hold your bloc-mates to the same standard.

FX6Lzru.png

The truth of the matter is that this was in the works for awhile.  The fact that BK and CS keep spouting off that they have some 100% for sure plans that Syndisphere was going to preempt IQ is laughable.  The vast majority of IQ's nations (Specifically NPO and BK) were out of range due to low tier scores.  It would be a headache to even bother with that.  We're not stupid when it comes to numbers and how they would play out, and they should've known this considering the history between our alliances in the past - then again, Curu knows our modus operandi apparently.

It also bugs me on what or why would we preempt IQ?  There were still lots of treaties between friendly alliances of the two spheres.  It would be a logistical nightmare to concoct an actual plan regarding that.  Now if treaties started to get cut, I would certainly start throwing up major red flags.

Now they probably got a discussion on a 'What if' since we got word of NPO using Lordaeron and HBE as bait in case we, in Mensa, went in on VE initially - then NPO could join in, then trigger their sphere clauses to drag in the others.  And it's no secret that VE were in talks with NPO (See leaked logs I dropped).

The other thing is, if we were going to preempt - that shit would've happened so much longer ago.  There's been quite a few rumors of war plans against Syndisphere for awhile from that area, granted some were Kastor-like.

I mean, it's all built up to this.  CS threatened Rose (And please don't deny this, we literally have chat logs on this - all because some guy returned to CS, then shortly left again), BK is using some halfassed excuse to preempt on "an idea" but they're ok with siding/defending an alliance (Not in their sphere) that was clearly willing to deceive a current ally of theirs (Syndicate) that was also "an idea", and then there's that mess with BoC.  This was brewing for awhile.

In the end, VE/NPO got what they wanted.  It's nice to have new rivals, I'll admit.

You'd have to ask yourself this:  Why wasn't IQ sphere preempted before they militarized?  Why wasn't VE preempted when they remerged or even while still separated (Afterall, all the guilty targets were in one small group, easy pickings)?

I can answer a couple of those things - We were requested to wait till KT pulled out (So they didn't get dragged in a unnecessary war) and waited on CKD to mediate the talks in VE, that is, if we really wanted to go in.

I just find it amusing how this all built up, and who sided where.  It certainly cleared up a lot  I mean, NewCov is a no brainer, they'd gladly be opportunists in a situation like this and I certainly don't blame them considering the embarrassing stompings they got throughout the past 2 years.  TEsties alliances are probably still bitter about the whole smashing from earlier this year.

Despite all of that, what it really comes down to is that the majority of the community wanted a big war and this was the new thing to see - Former Syndisphere Allies against Syndisphere, so it was bound to happen one way or another.  I'm excited for the potential of this war and the after effects.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Despite all of that, what it really comes down to is that the majority of the community wanted a big war and this was the new thing to see - Former Syndisphere Allies against Syndisphere, so it was bound to happen one way or another.  I'm excited for the potential of this war and the after effects.

It'll certainly be exciting. It's no longer fighting against an alliance which is just going to demilitarize and launch nukes :P Mensa can fight back hard, that makes the game lively. Apart from all this drama, we need to remember this imo.

Remember when BK-Mensa was voted the best treaty of 2016? Good times.

It's glad to be not participating in the politics of Orbis lmao. Mensa and BK both have an agenda and they'll do whatever it takes to achieve it - fair play to both sides.

• Upvote 1

Remember when BK-Mensa was voted the best treaty of 2016? Good times.

Was a good relationship, up till when they gave us less than 12 hour notice on the NPO deal.  Then it pretty much went downhill since then.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Curufinwe

Was a good relationship, up till when they gave us less than 12 hour notice on the NPO deal.  Then it pretty much went downhill since then.

We'll always have our sexting though ;)

I'm sure BK will show up to help Mensa around the same time TKR shows up to defend NPO from their first time ;) Its not exactly the first time this sort of thing has happened. Its fair play to point out that, in the face of the current conflict, certain mutual treaties seem a lot less relevant. But BK are hardly historically alone in this situation.

Mikey, come on now. We held treaties with the people that hit NPO. We were legally bound to not hit them via NAP, which is entirely different than this situation.

Mikey, come on now. We held treaties with the people that hit NPO. We were legally bound to not hit them via NAP, which is entirely different than this situation.

Dude he's from SK. They're legally mentally retarded. You're basically talking to a wall.

• Upvote 3

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

The truth of the matter is that this was in the works for awhile.  The fact that BK and CS keep spouting off that they have some 100% for sure plans that Syndisphere was going to preempt IQ is laughable.  The vast majority of IQ's nations (Specifically NPO and BK) were out of range due to low tier scores.  It would be a headache to even bother with that.  We're not stupid when it comes to numbers and how they would play out, and they should've known this considering the history between our alliances in the past - then again, Curu knows our modus operandi apparently.

It also bugs me on what or why would we preempt IQ?  There were still lots of treaties between friendly alliances of the two spheres.  It would be a logistical nightmare to concoct an actual plan regarding that.  Now if treaties started to get cut, I would certainly start throwing up major red flags.

Now they probably got a discussion on a 'What if' since we got word of NPO using Lordaeron and HBE as bait in case we, in Mensa, went in on VE initially - then NPO could join in, then trigger their sphere clauses to drag in the others.  And it's no secret that VE were in talks with NPO (See leaked logs I dropped).

The other thing is, if we were going to preempt - that shit would've happened so much longer ago.  There's been quite a few rumors of war plans against Syndisphere for awhile from that area, granted some were Kastor-like.

I mean, it's all built up to this.  CS threatened Rose (And please don't deny this, we literally have chat logs on this - all because some guy returned to CS, then shortly left again), BK is using some halfassed excuse to preempt on "an idea" but they're ok with siding/defending an alliance (Not in their sphere) that was clearly willing to deceive a current ally of theirs (Syndicate) that was also "an idea", and then there's that mess with BoC.  This was brewing for awhile.

In the end, VE/NPO got what they wanted.  It's nice to have new rivals, I'll admit.

You'd have to ask yourself this:  Why wasn't IQ sphere preempted before they militarized?  Why wasn't VE preempted when they remerged or even while still separated (Afterall, all the guilty targets were in one small group, easy pickings)?

I can answer a couple of those things - We were requested to wait till KT pulled out (So they didn't get dragged in a unnecessary war) and waited on CKD to mediate the talks in VE, that is, if we really wanted to go in.

I just find it amusing how this all built up, and who sided where.  It certainly cleared up a lot  I mean, NewCov is a no brainer, they'd gladly be opportunists in a situation like this and I certainly don't blame them considering the embarrassing stompings they got throughout the past 2 years.  TEsties alliances are probably still bitter about the whole smashing from earlier this year.

I'm sick of this. Keep my name out of your mouth.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

TIL BK's academy apparently includes treaty lawyering

Yoso, please properly educate your children.

All BK members major in memes and minor in eLaw

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell