Driving the money lenders out

Rache Olderen

Silent had all nations 300 score+ in NPO covered. We had started demilitarizing and rebuilding before war had even ended. Syndisphere lacks the logistical ability to pin our side down like BK did to NPO in Silent. I don't see how the second part is relevant to the conversation.

My point was that your apparent lack of issue with having a defeated and pinned opponent pay reps isn't particularly congruous with your government's reasoning for their recent FA moves. Fair enough if it's just your opinion, I suppose, but not one your government purports to be sharing as far as I've seen.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

All of this will make sense when the proof of the reasons for war is finally shown to the public. Maybe then the mighty sphere will finally be taken down.

Lmfao who am I kidding, !@#$ these clowns. Bunch of FA noobs that got gassed up after winning for a few years.

Lxr4VfE.png

My point was that your apparent lack of issue with having a defeated and pinned opponent pay reps isn't particularly congruous with your government's reasoning for their recent FA moves. Fair enough if it's just your opinion, I suppose, but not one your government purports to be sharing as far as I've seen.

I am not debating whether reps are right or wrong, and when they should be demanded, that varies person by person. What I am saying is that BK had an enforcement mechanism during the silent war that neither side has at this point in time. Curu has already explained the reasons for the FA shift, but reps are a tricky thing to manage even with the ability to actually collect them.

Your alliance was insistent on getting them from NPO last war.

And while Eumir was just being Eumir, and I'm not in the loop on the actual negotiations... As far as justifications for reps go, "Declaring a no CB war citing a nonexistent conspiracy supposedly headed by a person who made you billions of dongs a few months earlier" is one of the better ones I've heard. Jess should charge them 10% of what they made in reps on principle.

Unless they have that proof and are just waiting to spring it on us at the perfect moment.

If you know what happened, why push the issue of proof? I've remembered you saying some reasoning for actions couldn't be shared in the past due to the opsec nature of them.

Edited by Roquentin

If you know what happened, why push the issue of proof? I've remembered you saying some reasoning for actions couldn't be shared in the past due to the opsec nature of them.

I don't recall what you may be referencing, but was it my CB for an offensive war? :P

I don't know what happened. I merely suspect. As I mentioned earlier, if the proof does exist, I've been mislead by others, and I'd be annoyed enough about it to declare in Cornerstone's defense.

Edited by Spaceman Thrax

~ William S. Burroughs

I am uneducated and would like to know about these sekrit FA goingson

I am not debating whether reps are right or wrong, and when they should be demanded, that varies person by person. What I am saying is that BK had an enforcement mechanism during the silent war that neither side has at this point in time. Curu has already explained the reasons for the FA shift, but reps are a tricky thing to manage even with the ability to actually collect them.

I'm not good at phrasing things constructively, but this statement is vapid and offers nothing. Your earlier points were clearly protesting against reps, and offering a way to evaluate when reps should be demanded. This was interesting and debatable, and though I tended to agree with Thrax I would've learned something.

Now that you claim that these posts are not about "whether reps are right or wrong, and when they should be demanded", you are devaluing/diminishing everything you have said so far, and reducing it to simply "BK had an enforcement mechanism during the silent war that neither side has at this point in time", a point which no one contradicted, and a point which very few will care about, because it was only relevant in the context of your evaluation of reps.

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

You should start helping out your alliance's FA. It would be a damn shame for you guys to end up like UPN.

By the end of this, one of you !@#$ in InQ will lose a good chunk of your AA. It is tradition.

I think BK's fa moving away from you was good.

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

Syndicate will be fine, if not better after this war.

(Psst, critters isn't in Syndicate)

Its all syndicate for practical purposes now

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

I'm not good at phrasing things constructively, but this statement is vapid and offers nothing. Your earlier points were clearly protesting against reps, and offering a way to evaluate when reps should be demanded. This was interesting and debatable, and though I tended to agree with Thrax I would've learned something.

Now that you claim that these posts are not about "whether reps are right or wrong, and when they should be demanded", you are devaluing/diminishing everything you have said so far, and reducing it to simply "BK had an enforcement mechanism during the silent war that neither side has at this point in time", a point which no one contradicted, and a point which very few will care about, because it was only relevant in the context of your evaluation of reps.

Perhaps what I was trying to get across was not clear. I am not debating the morality of asking for reps, and depending on your view I am sure some in Syndisphere would feel justified and that they have precedent to demand reps if peace were to be discussed right now. What I am saying is that at the current point in the war, a hypothetical demand of reps would lack the ability to be followed up on. With the lack of lower, and lower mid-tier nations, syndi has no teeth to any of the rep demands. BK and NPO in silent were in a much different scenario then we are at right now. BK had complete coverage of 90% of NPO's nations. Essentially it became about pride, and how long NPO would let themselves be rolled before caving. In this war, it is much more uneven tier dispersal, so a protracted war is more feasible as both sides have a "safe" tier with most combat occurring in the 2-3k range. 

When responding to Jacob, I was not remarking on syndisphere's justification for reps. I am sure you would say you have it, we will say you don't blah blah blah salt from everyone. Rather I don't believe that syndisphere has or will have the physical presence to demand reparations at any point this war.

Edited by LeotheGreat

Perhaps what I was trying to get across was not clear. I am not debating the morality of asking for reps, and depending on your view I am sure some in Syndisphere would feel justified and that they have precedent to demand reps if peace were to be discussed right now. What I am saying is that at the current point in the war, a hypothetical demand of reps would lack the ability to be followed up on. With the lack of lower, and lower mid-tier nations, syndi has no teeth to any of the rep demands. BK and NPO in silent were in a much different scenario then we are at right now. BK had complete coverage of 90% of NPO's nations. Essentially it became about pride, and how long NPO would let themselves be rolled before caving. In this war, it is much more uneven tier dispersal, so a protracted war is more feasible as both sides have a "safe" tier with most combat occurring in the 2-3k range. 

When responding to Jacob, I was not remarking on syndisphere's justification for reps. I am sure you would say you have it, we will say you don't blah blah blah salt from everyone. Rather I don't believe that syndisphere has or will have the physical presence to demand reparations at any point this war.

Fair enough. I didn't realize you were talking from a purely mechanical perspective, which is why we were talking past each other.

You're correct: BK had a far better mechanical position to impose reps on NPO. My point was entirely about justification.

• Upvote 1

~ William S. Burroughs