whats your favorite Les Paul Supreme moment?

seabasstion

I thought the queen of SJWs would think differently but fair enough ? :P

this queen of sjws is troubled by the fact that when he decided to report someone for "trolling, flaming & name calling" he singled out zeebrus. why not the person who made this thread? or literally anyone else who has made fun of him or teased him (because a lot of people have, starting before the war even began). why is that? can he handle being teased by men, but not by teen girls?

edit: i have an appropriate gif for this brb

update: here u go

1wti5IC.gif

Edited by Katie
  • Upvote 4

dx8jLp8.gif

13 Reasons Why: P&W Edition

Damn. That's deep.

Am I the only one who disliked the message the book is sending? 

More accurately, I like the message that we should be nice, but it subtly sends other malicious messages. I'm using spoiler tags because there is a spoiler. (Shock)

The counselor at the end really is right. You can't blame yourself for someone else's suicide when you didn't know what was going on. So what some girl offed herself because she overreacted to so many things and wanted people to say hi to her in the halls? Most of the tapes were her overreacting to dub teenage shit. Suicide is just when your stress exceeds coping capacity. If she couldn't handle that much stress, she's a lost cause. I'm not saying this to be edgy or anything and I agree bullying is bad/we should be nice to new players, but the world is a cruel place. Imagine if she got any job where you don't sit in an office all day. She'd still be a gonner. 

• Upvote 2

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Honestly I hated the show.  I'm not ignoring the fact that people struggle with these depressing issues (Afterall, I have two people directly involved with my life that have chronic depression, one of them is getting worse), but there's quite a bit of issues I have with the show.  Your spoiler hits on one of those issues, at least the initial statement in it, the followup is a bit too much.

250541037b03c6c10c925ec5db03af28e61b5a9c

And when someone is offended by ironic comments made on a forum of a broswer game for manchildren by people with a homosexual pink hippo with a beard as avatar* well ... you begin to think that maybe there should be a license to use the internet

*just used the poster above me as example

• Upvote 4

The meme is truly mightier than the sword

For all the nations that wanted to destroy his infra

The memes are what got him

• Upvote 4

I have no respect for someone who couldn't face the situation they created.  And I think I'm somewhat of an expert in facing a large amount of dislike/shitposting.  It's just part of gameplay and politics, nothing to take personal.

He should've just come out and dropped his 25 or so nukes like a man, done some damage and had some fun, then deleted if he was too busy to play.  Then at least he's have saved a bit of face for himself and CS.  Or maybe even helped CS/allies out by telling them they could include peace terms that included a war on LPS.

Edited by Placentica

this queen of sjws is troubled by the fact that when he decided to report someone for "trolling, flaming & name calling" he singled out zeebrus. why not the person who made this thread? or literally anyone else who has made fun of him or teased him (because a lot of people have, starting before the war even began). why is that? can he handle being teased by men, but not by teen girls?

edit: i have an appropriate gif for this brb

update: here u go

1wti5IC.gif

I've no idea who she is nor do I care. All I know is she came up more often on a quick search with her abuse, doubtless there were many others such as yourself would also have been worthy. I didn't even know this thread existed at the time. Age and gender are no excuse. In hindsight there may have been others more suited for the post but I lacked the incite into quite how far the poison had spread here.

In terms of quitting, nothing I say or do will change any of your minds (do you really think me fighting would change it? I did last war and the lies still stayed. If I were to allow myself to be rolled as many of you wished then these lies would still be around as well with the added boasting of how you took me down (honestly not a hard feat to accomplish if you have the numbers on hand). You seem to have created an image of what you think I'm like and stigmatized me so much over the last few months that you actually believe your own lies. Unfortunately I haven't been around to defend myself until now due to RL. I see no reason to continue putting up with this abuse. This community has turned pretty sick and toxic. I wish no part of it.

Edited by Les Paul Supreme

I've no idea who she is nor do I care. All I know is she came up more often on a quick search with her abuse, doubtless there were many others such as yourself would also have been worthy. I didn't even know this thread existed at the time. Age and gender are no excuse. In hindsight there may have been others more suited for the post but I lacked the incite into quite how far the poison had spread here.

In terms of quitting, nothing I say or do will change any of your minds (do you really think me fighting would change it? I did last war and the lies still stayed. If I were to allow myself to be rolled as many of you wished then these lies would still be around as well with the added boasting of how you took me down (honestly not a hard feat to accomplish if you have the numbers on hand). You seem to have created an image of what you think I'm like and stigmatized me so much over the last few months that you actually believe your own lies. Unfortunately I haven't been around to defend myself until now due to RL. I see no reason to continue putting up with this abuse. This community has turned pretty sick and toxic. I wish no part of it.

I'm a new guy here - been searching the forums for a few days, though.

As far as I can see, none of Zeebrus' posts were 'abusive', per se, though I suppose they can be taken as 'offensive' assuming you can't take jokes. In terms of the 'Would it change your mind', last war was seen as a massive dogpile - and some even refuse to call it a war. It can easily be seen as you simply joining in on a fight you thought was easy - mind you I'm not saying that's what you did.

Being very fair, getting a player out of the community isn't the best thing to do - personally, this VM issue is something between you and CS Gov. Not us. Let's be real, though. Anything remotely interesting that creates even a minute amount of drama automatically becomes a topic of speculation and flat out gossip for some players. You entering VM when there were wars generate that interest required for people to shittalk you. So yeah, I'm not going to say we haven't created a certain image of you, that we haven't said that you're one of - if not the - greatest pixel-hugger. 

But can you, being honest with yourself, say that your actions, whether unintentional or intentional, do not point to exactly that? Players are more likely to say 'This guy's a pixelhugger' than say 'No, it's definitely a RL issue that needs to be given priority to'. Why would someone say the latter? It's harder to defend. Why would people say the former; it's easier to say, to 'prove', and at the end of the day, jumping on the bandwagon is what we like to do.

I'm inclined to believe them because of the amount of times you've gotten into VM when there was a war nearby. Whether it's coincidence that you're always busy when there's a war nearby, yet seem to find the time to play the game otherwise, or if it's intentional, it's ignoring human nature and being plain stupid to say that this doesn't look like you're a pixelhugger.

However, I'm suspicious over "not having a smart phone" (I mean, it's super rare in the case that someone has a flip phone or no phone at all at this time, but still possible)

I probably shouldn't admit to this, but I have a flip phone. My friends/family make fun of me for it, but it's my choice not to have a smartphone. It's not that I've never had a smartphone before, I have. I just seriously hate having a phone. I hate talking on the phone. I hate checking my voicemails for messages that only say "Hey, call me back." (Duh, I'm supposed to call you back. I see the missed call on my phone and you neglected to leave a message telling me why you actually called. >_<), I hate the weird cult chainmail updating me on my leader's new phone number (Seriously got that text this week O_o), I hate having to awkwardly face my friends and family when they say "I called you. Why didn't you call me back?". The only reason I have a phone is because my grandmother would seriously flip shit if she couldn't get ahold of me. Yes, I understand that it's just crazy not to have some sort of phone in case of emergency situations. Any phone even if it doesn't have phone service can be used for emergency calls. Don't get me wrong. I hate emails too. Also, you can bet that I'll be the first to stop replying to that PM conversation. And I hate facebook. So do me a solid, and if anyone ever wants to get ahold of me, light something on fire and send up a smoke signal.

Edited by Samwise
  • Upvote 1

But can you, being honest with yourself, say that your actions, whether unintentional or intentional, do not point to exactly that? Players are more likely to say 'This guy's a pixelhugger' than say 'No, it's definitely a RL issue that needs to be given priority to'. Why would someone say the latter? It's harder to defend. Why would people say the former; it's easier to say, to 'prove', and at the end of the day, jumping on the bandwagon is what we like to do.

I'm glad to see that at least somebody here still has a clear head! Unfortunately I can indeed understand how that might be interpreted. Unfortunately I really am as busy IRL as I said. I thought I could continue playing and helping out my alliance as I was able, logging on every few days, but apparently that's a crime. I've provided what proof I can, there is no more I can provide and I know now that whatever proof I gave would be ignored anyway.

I know this might be a challenge as many of you are deeply intrenched in the echo-chamber you've created here but try and imagine that I've been telling the truth in everything I've posted. Now with this in mind, rather than dismissing everything I say try reading back over this thread and imagine you are the person who is being targeted by the comments. This is what I've had to go through.

I've tried to continue playing this game as I've been able to with my RL pressures but all it has led to is ridicule and abuse. I had hoped to continue helping my alliance out but as has been pointed out if I really am as busy as I say I should delete. As such however the responsibility for my doing so lies with those who have posted in threads such as this given my continued level of activity doesn't reach their standard and they deemed me not worthy of continued playing. You can continue to fool yourselves into believing what you wish but it doesn't change the fact that I have remained honest in every post I have made. The reasons I have given are still the truth of what happened regardless of how many of you choose to believe them. I'll admit the lack of a smartphone has probably been the biggest problem for me but that shouldn't dictate eligibility to play a game or not.

Edited by Les Paul Supreme

Seems he skipped the getting beaten down bit and went straight for deletion, I see.

Did CS never inform you of the situation? You were in CS and have been doing this VM stuff around war time for quite a bit. At first some people outside CS certainly did defend you, largely CS's allies (who are now enemies) but also some opponents/third parties. It kept happening however and that number went down. Now CS is on the opposing side of where they used to be. Those who often attacked you are now CS allies and to now suddenly defend you would be odd. Those who used to keep their talk of you limited due to being allied with CS no longer are and so can let loose. There has been no change and nothing has become more "sick and twisted", people just no longer have a reason to play nice with you. 

Perhaps it is that ignorance of things going on that has done it but do you seriously believe that fighting in Papers Please would change people's perception of you? http://politicsandwar.wikia.com/wiki/Papers%2C_Please 1,627,028.42score vs 352,054.88 NS. Out of all wars that one so happened to be the one you were actually a part of, the one where for certain no one would be in range of you in a week easy. 

Thing is you would not have gotten the amount of heat you have if you and CS just had the courage to state it how it is. Do you have time to play or not? Most seem to think you're lying but ultimately it is irrelevant. You and them could have stated you're a player who doesn't have much time to play but continue to simply act as a bank for CS and help fund the alliance. Done. At least it is honest. None of this "I'll totally fight if my magic exams weren't on, or I'll fight you once VM ends except not as magically something else comes up" garbage.

• Upvote 3

Sorry LPS, you are a hypocrite. At one point you spoke of going to VM just to help out with rebuilding, and at another point, you quit because your ego got hurt when people pointed out your double standards. I'm pretty sure you had resources/(some) cash on you which you could have given to your alliance when you were out of VM to help rebuilding, but you didn't care. It just reaffirms all people said above, you only cared for yourself and couldn't stand to see yourself lose. 

Have a good life and I hope you reflect on this experience to improve yourself. 

• Upvote 4

Sorry LPS, you are a hypocrite. At one point you spoke of going to VM just to help out with rebuilding, and at another point, you quit because your ego got hurt when people pointed out your double standards. I'm pretty sure you had resources/(some) cash on you which you could have given to your alliance when you were out of VM to help rebuilding, but you didn't care. It just reaffirms all people said above, you only cared for yourself and couldn't stand to see yourself lose.

Have a good life and I hope you reflect on this experience to improve yourself.

>Reflecting on PNW to help RL.

What has this game come to?

LPS, goodbye. I've handled worse abuse, the best thing you can do is meme harder than the other guy. Make fun of yourself, be a memer. Don't cry about abuse and try changing the internet's opinion. Should have come out of VM and kicked ass man, u coulda taken a lot of shit down with you. But you decided to be gay. It's not a choice, it's a decision you made.

• Upvote 3

Quiet people have the loudest minds.

A wise man once said nothing.

LPS, why dint you take you'r Rolling like a man?

I wont say anything about the reasoning behind it nore the witch hunt in This thread. Im just curious as to why, if you dont mind taking a beating and want to hang around with you'r mates, you just dint take you'r beating and stopped going On the OWF. As soon as you where burned to 0, it would have died down and you could have rebuilt. And gone right back to hanging around with you'r friends and hiding in VM when the next war hit us in 3-6 months.

• Upvote 1

Ole2.png

Okay I was going to not post but meh. LPS, I'm sure you're a nice guy and wish you luck in medical school (and if you are busy hope it works out for you) but you also have to think.

The first time you went into VM during a war people could believe that yeah RL happens and good luck (hell some people appreciate it when you do give them a heads up you can't fight). Second time again people can believe it but when it happens more than that people start to be suspicious. I mean if you had a kid that got sick suddenly before every test would you believe it immediately (unless there's obvious signs of him being sick). Eventually people get suspicious and I'm gonna be frank and say you didn't help your situation.

People in the game do think those in VM shouldn't be posting on the forums. If you have time to post and reply to people's post you have time to log on and launch a hit (one could even say launching a hit might take even less time). And when you right now can post in your defense its kinda feeding the fire because again if you can do this (and even in a timely matter) then why can't you fight? Also no offense you trying to report someone over it didn't help either.

I've seen your explanation and that's kind of weak. You could have just went to the opening of the thread and just reported the person who started it (hell Seabass' would have made more sense) instead of basically doing a search and just picking the one's who name came up (and again I like to say finding the time to do it and not taking five minutes to launch an attack to hit didn't help).

Now am I saying how people acted was right? Not really. Joking and teasing can go too far (and it can drive people from the game). I'm just saying the situation wasn't helped by yourself. Personally I would've just stated my reason and left it alone because yeah it's like what my dad said people are gonna talk no matter what but you don't have to indulge them. In other words ignore them.

Anyway, again wish you luck in life.

• Upvote 3

Nerd To The Core

As a long time player I have seen many similar voluntary or not so voluntary rage-quits, this one is special though, being GPA for live the most spectacular that I'd name was Lambda being forced out and banned in the end for using AA mates not playing the speed round to fund stuff. LPS quitting in such manner as he did though  is just weird.

I know Orbis doesn't take kindly to VM any-more but if pixel-hugging was his main motive then why loose it all? Saving his reputation by committing hara-kiri also doesn't fit cause it just makes us all laugh even harder because he choose the real cowards way out.  It is true that Orbis community over all is vicious and rapid even but no-one can point anybody at posts that were really malicious towards LPS as an individual, malicious against his nation sure there is a shit-ton of post saying I want to destroy and hurt his nation real badly but nobody really promised so show up at his door and challenge him to duel, did they? 

So IDK, stop making people wanting to quit, you evil poisoned Orbis community ! ;)      

Edited by kalev60

teasing someone for using vm to avoid war = pushing an active player out of the game? and like... active in what sense?

Member Since 24 Feb 2015

Active Posts 53

he didn't help his alliance during wars and if he quit over this he can't have been that attached to his alliance mates. how was he an active player? regular log ins to purchase more infrastructure?

How does forum posts have anything to do as a player? Plenty of players never post here, and lets be real, if I were LPS I would never post here either. Why come to a place where you will be mentioned every thread and harassed about how you play? Again I don't agree with his play style but this has less to do with LPS individually and more with the attitude of the game as a whole. People are celebrating pushing a member of the game out, how much more toxic can it get?

I'm a new guy here

I'm glad to see that at least somebody here still has a clear head!

@ LPS........like Aristodemus said......he's new.......he hasn't gotten to know you, or see all your little hide and go seek adventures like all of us old timers.

X4EfkAB.png