whats your favorite Les Paul Supreme moment?

seabasstion

Unless you can extend your VM while in VM, there was a bug. He extended his VM around 11:59 EST, not after the turn. We had guys ready to hit and they never got even the chance. 

You can reset VM while already in VM. When you activate it a second time it overrides anything left from the first. So if you had 6 months remaining, you can reset to two weeks, or in this case he reset from one turn to three weeks.

4 easy steps to do

1. Cornerstone has to ban LPS in exchange for peace

2. Declare war to any alliance that accepts LPS

3. LPS is now alone

4. Roll LPS at the end of the VM

• Upvote 1

I have done my best to keep my mouth shut for a lot of these LPS beatings, and other beatings in general, but this is getting ridiculous. You guys are sitting here bashing a guy for having a busy life, and trying to play a game the way he can. Now some of you may be able to still play and have busy lives, and all props to you for your ability! This community as a whole has become this bloodthirsty poisonous lot who goes after anybody who doesn't meet the status quo, who doesn't play the game the way we feel it's supposed to be played. 

How many players have we turned away cause we felt the need to bash them into the ground for not meeting the criteria? How many alliances have you all demolished and demoralized because they did something you don't like? And yet you just keep it going. Who cares if someone goes into VM because of a war, seriously, why bother? Let people play the game they want to and stop destroying the different types of communities that are trying to come to this game. 

The war in this game is broke, the politics are nothing but ego boosts, and instead of trying to make a friendly, exciting, and caring community, we shun and destroy anyone who thinks differently. We have united before, we have cared before, but I feel like that spirit is quickly fading.

• Upvote 1

How many players have we turned away cause we felt the need to bash them into the ground for not meeting the criteria? How many alliances have you all demolished and demoralized because they did something you don't like? And yet you just keep it going. Who cares if someone goes into VM because of a war, seriously, why bother? Let people play the game they want to and stop destroying the different types of communities that are trying to come to this game. 

I don't think anybody cares about an individual using VM when they need to.  The problem is that LPS is going into VM essentially every single war.  Its pretty convenient for "exams" or "vacations" to pop up every time something escalates in Orbis. 

< "This community has become too bloodthirsty" >

< Says guy in an alliance that attacked another one with a BS CB >

I mean, whatever, if Cornerstone likes having a tax farm member who's okay with going into VM and watch the rest of his alliance burn then who are we to judge?

I try to be as friendly and as easygoing as possible, but when you throw BS like that at us it grinds my gears. If I were too busy to take part in a war I'd let my nation burn as a sign of solidarity to my alliance and coalition.

Cornerstone should really stop embarrassing themselves trying to stand up for a coward. If you don't have time to play the game (strange "coincidence" that always seems to happen in wartime), the just don't. I  have nothing against LPS (maybe he's a good irl, idk) - however, at this point he has become a running joke, and Cornerstone even more so for playing along, but whatever floats their boat... What I know is that I'd be ashamed to do what LPS does in this game.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Insert Name Here

< "This community has become too bloodthirsty" >

< Says guy in an alliance that attacked another one with a BS CB >

I mean, whatever, if Cornerstone likes having a tax farm member who's okay with going into VM and watch the rest of his alliance burn then who are we to judge?

I try to be as friendly and as easygoing as possible, but when you throw BS like that at us it grinds my gears. If I were too busy to take part in a war I'd let my nation burn as a sign of solidarity to my alliance and coalition.

Cornerstone should really stop embarrassing themselves trying to stand up for a coward. If you don't have time to play the game (strange "coincidence" that always seems to happen in wartime), the just don't. I  have nothing against LPS (maybe he's a good irl, idk) - however, at this point he has become a running joke, and Cornerstone even more so for playing along, but whatever floats their boat... What I know is that I'd be ashamed to do what LPS does in this game.

Just my 2 cents.

This is my personal opinion, it has nothing to do with Cornerstone.

This community as a whole has become this bloodthirsty poisonous lot who goes after anybody who doesn't meet the status quo, who doesn't play the game the way we feel it's supposed to be played.

So your point is to berate players that play the game not to your satisfaction because they berate players that don't play to their satisfaction. Golly gee.

Since i made and revived this thread i will elaborate. It's not that he goes in vm at every first sign of danger... It's that he goes into vm at every first sign of danger and plays it off like it's bad luck. That he really wants to fight and play but boy oh boy does his life just throw him poorly timed curveball after poorly timed curveball.

It's not the vm. There's plenty of other guys that do it. He's they only one that tries to hide behind flimsy excuses and far stretched justification while pretending like he actually wants to fight. If he wants to play the game his way and just grow, that is fine. But he doesnt need to try to continually lie about it

edit: i would also like to add:

1o9uc1.jpg

i forgot about this nice little gem he sent me

Edited by seabasstion
  • Upvote 1

This is my personal opinion, it has nothing to do with Cornerstone

You and Robert P. Holmes (both CS gov members) are standing up for LPS. I'm yet to see a CS member publicly condemn LPS systematically hiding in VM to avoid losing pixels and not giving a damn about helping his alliance colleagues. Fair enough though, you guys do what you gotta do, it's your alliance after all and you run it the way you see fit.

LPS is free to play only for growth like other players are free to declare war at him at any moment

Be in the leaderboards are some of the goals you can try to archive in this game so hitting a potential rival like LPS is part of the game

If then Cornerstone wants to protects him it's just another reason to have wars and more fun

• Upvote 1

Ironically I have to kind of agree with Micchan, I'll be rebuilding and getting ready to defend my old friend regardless of the cost and I plan on nuking all the way down, as does LPS and every other member who jumps in. If anyone who attacks him is excited about losing infra on top of any military we may be able to kill then so be it, it will make a good aftershow.

• Upvote 1

I defended LPS during the first couple times, but at this point I'd be delusional to keep the same narrative.

I'll have no pity to see what comes, only popcorn.

• Upvote 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

LPS went back into VM, 6 more weeks of war 

It's like groundhog's day.

Inb4 LPS actually shows up and beats everyone's ass proving that when he's not busy, he's a 1 man army alliance coalition.

• Upvote 1

I have done my best to keep my mouth shut for a lot of these LPS beatings, and other beatings in general, but this is getting ridiculous. You guys are sitting here bashing a guy for having a busy life, and trying to play a game the way he can. Now some of you may be able to still play and have busy lives, and all props to you for your ability! This community as a whole has become this bloodthirsty poisonous lot who goes after anybody who doesn't meet the status quo, who doesn't play the game the way we feel it's supposed to be played. 

The war in this game is broke, the politics are nothing but ego boosts, and instead of trying to make a friendly, exciting, and caring community, we shun and destroy anyone who thinks differently. We have united before, we have cared before, but I feel like that spirit is quickly fading.

Hey Restius, Long time no speak. Hope life treats you well.

I generally do not join in on the LPS bandwagon (even though I see some valid points brought up) because I don't really care as much. There is however, a strong pragmatic argument to make on LPS' VM antics being a competitive problem.

Looking strictly objectively, I see a nation which has been geared to fully maximize peacetime profit (4k infra per city etc.). Normally, such a loadout is offset by the higher cost of war. The strategic use of VM during times of global war (when he would be at risk of incurring cost) mitigates that risk (in what *could* be considered an ethically questionable way, but we'll leave that in the middle). 

As LPS does not have to deal with rebuilds and is able to maintain his stockpiles and infra loadouts, he is able to accelerate his city growth and outpace other upper tier nations who *do* stay and fight for their alliances. This by definition makes him a competitive threat for other upper tier nations.

Think of it this way: If he were to be left alone entirely for too long and is able to strategically stack cities in a way where he outpaces other upper tier nations, but limits it enough to allow him to still effectively downdeclare, he can become a large problem when he *does* decide to join the fight: We now have an upper tier berserker with massive stockpiles downdeclaring from the top. With a light degree of planning and support, that's a dangerous recipe for would-be opponents. This scenario is not far-fetched as he's already displayed his willingness to join the fight when he believes a war to be an easy win/curbstomp (papers please).

LPS has not reached that point just yet, but he is starting to get close to it. While I can see the merit in the tactic (and its ultimately his choice), I see it as wholly understandable that some within the community balk at this application of VM, because they feel it creates an unfair advantage. Moreover... upper tier nations do have a valid cause for concern by virtue of the above.

Trickling down the effects, CS also benefits hugely from this application of VM (and city build), as large chunks of cash (and/or donations) can be levied from LPS and funneled towards alliance growth. I have no insight in what arrangement (if any) you have with LPS, but it's not a far reach that such an agreement may be in place- I know I would :P. This added growth similarly provides CS with a leg up over would-be opponents (theoretically speaking) due to constant availability of cash.

I hope i've laid out some of the concerns which i've noticed in the community a bit more clearly. Perhaps we can spar about them, and see if you can help find ways to alleviate them? I know for sure that trying to do so would probably be more productive than getting frustrated with people for being frustrated with LPS :P.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 5

os9LcJK.gif

if my mother had 2 heart attacks I would have VMed

but since I am at it, LPS will get rolled one way or another unless he stays on VM for the next 1000 days, the minute he steps out he will have dozens of nations kick eachother to jump on him.

correction, if he stays on VM for 1000 days he will still get rolled after that

Bruh, thalmor could literally be dead and he would be like, no plz don't put me in VM I can fite!
  • Upvote 1

Quiet people have the loudest minds.

A wise man once said nothing.

<snip>

I've mostly stayed away from posting in this thread for a couple of reasons. The first, it's a trolling/joke thread and now that someone (Partisan) has made an actual argument, here I am being serious and shit. My second reason is that I rather like LPS. We're FB friends, and I've known him from other gaming communities for several years. He took the time to personally wish me a happy birthday, sent along with a gift. I pray he does well and wish him no ill will IRL. And lastly, I agree that the reasons to hit him can be purely motivated by gameplay strategy. I preached the same thing to the GPA when I was their MoD. Despite the fact that you have decidedly attempted to avoid conflict, and basically gave your word that all your wars would be defensive in nature, there comes a tipping point where others have to weigh the potential threat to their alliance. The community could've let the GPA slide, and I'm confident that they never would've declared an offensive war unless they were somehow attacked first. But where would their growth be today? They would have been a juggernaut, and so stunting that growth before it reaches that point is certainly valid. Difference between LPS and the GPA is that LPS isn't in a neutral alliance (Also, he's not an alliance. :v), which makes that potential threat even more real. But just as I firmly believe the GPA didn't pose any threat to me, I believe LPS doesn't pose a threat to me. And not because he's my friend, but because he's one nation. Now, if you want to talk about the handful of top tier nations that CS shuffled off to VM, then that is a real threat.

But several OOC attacks have been made against LPS in this thread, and imo have no place here. If you feel like you need to declare on him once he's out of vm to alleviate any threat you feel he poses to you, then go for it. But bringing into question his abilities in his profession IRL is uncalled for.

Edit: I removed the quoted section of this post, as I meant to reply to those quotes, but then I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Samwise

I've mostly stayed away from posting in this thread for a couple of reasons. The first, it's a trolling/joke thread and now that someone (Partisan) has made an actual argument, here I am being serious and shit. My second reason is that I rather like LPS. We're FB friends, and I've known him from other gaming communities for several years. He took the time to personally wish me a happy birthday, sent along with a gift. I pray he does well and wish him no ill will IRL. And lastly, I agree that the reasons to hit him can be purely motivated by gameplay strategy. I preached the same thing to the GPA when I was their MoD. Despite the fact that you have decidedly attempted to avoid conflict, and basically gave your word that all your wars would be defensive in nature, there comes a tipping point where others have to weigh the potential threat to their alliance. The community could've let the GPA slide, and I'm confident that they never would've declared an offensive war unless they were somehow attacked first. But where would their growth be today? They would have been a juggernaut, and so stunting that growth before it reaches that point is certainly valid. Difference between LPS and the GPA is that LPS isn't in a neutral alliance (Also, he's not an alliance. :v), which makes that potential threat even more real. But just as I firmly believe the GPA didn't pose any threat to me, I believe LPS doesn't pose a threat to me. And not because he's my friend, but because he's one nation. Now, if you want to talk about the handful of top tier nations that CS shuffled off to VM, then that is a real threat.

But several OOC attacks have been made against LPS in this thread, and imo have no place here. If you feel like you need to declare on him once he's out of vm to alleviate any threat you feel he poses to you, then go for it. But bringing into question his abilities in his profession IRL is uncalled for.

Hoping the OOC bit wasn't directed at me, as i've made a point of staying out of that part of the conversation :P.

os9LcJK.gif

Hoping the OOC bit wasn't directed at me, as i've made a point of staying out of that part of the conversation :P.

It wasn't. It was a general statement. I meant to reply more to you, which is why you were quoted, but then I didn't. Sorry.  :blush:

snip

Hey Partisan, everything is going as good as it can be IRL, lots of stuff going on, but it is what it is :) 

Your statement definitely makes sense, and I think that is something that I can bring to the CS government to talk about how do we handle the situation from the in-game effects.

Personally I've had my own theory of an alliance I've been toying around with that would restrict growth of a neutral alliance and still allow them to play without having to fight. However, I feel as though this community is not conductive or receptive towards such an idea. 

I'll try and have more info later, but my main frustration is the amount of personal attacks that come from this game (yes, my statement itself was a bit too harsh), but also the amount of people that we have turned away from PnW for the lulz.