4/5/2017 - Bank Bug & Alliance Issue

Alex

Does this explain why the total amount of money in the game went from about 98 billion to 149 billion?

You can thank Rose's economics team for that one. We had been saving our craftiest stuff for the post 2500 member stage.
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Was trying to move my nation into Rose so that I could easily deposit some stuff into their bank for the bank bug. Accidentally moved every nation, instead of just mine.

Thank you for the laugh :) As a web developer myself, I know how easily it can be to screw up an SQL query.

I am curious though how your database is setup, that you would need to run an SQL query to "move" a nation to an alliance, as opposed to just simply directly editing your existing nation record (a much safer way). I do the latter sometimes for work, in order to move my user from one account to another.

EDIT: You may also want to think about creating a script to "deposit" money into or "withdraw" money from an alliance bank and lock it to your user account, within the code. Stick a simple UI on it, where you can select the alliance, the amount of money and whether to deposit or withdraw, and you can stay out of the database entirely. There's a bunch of other stuff for work that I do on a regular basis, that have scripts setup with a basic UI, quite simply so I don't have to !@#$ about with the database. Especially in the cases where a dozen or two values are being changed across half a dozen tables.

Edited by Shakyr

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

• Administrators

Thank you for the laugh :) As a web developer myself, I know how easily it can be to screw up an SQL query.

I am curious though how your database is setup, that you would need to run an SQL query to "move" a nation to an alliance, as opposed to just simply directly editing your existing nation record (a much safer way). I do the latter sometimes for work, in order to move my user from one account to another.

EDIT: You may also want to think about creating a script to "deposit" money into or "withdraw" money from an alliance bank and lock it to your user account, within the code. Stick a simple UI on it, where you can select the alliance, the amount of money and whether to deposit or withdraw, and you can stay out of the database entirely. There's a bunch of other stuff for work that I do on a regular basis, that have scripts setup with a basic UI, quite simply so I don't have to !@#$ about with the database. Especially in the cases where a dozen or two values are being changed across half a dozen tables.

I could've done it the way you suggested, it's normally just quicker to type out my query rather than write a query to select my nation, then another to update it.

And yeah, I should write a UI for a lot of admin stuff, it would make my life easier in the long run, but in the short run it's a lot of work :P May be necessary if something like this ever happens again.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Was trying to move my nation into Rose so that I could easily deposit some stuff into their bank for the bank bug. Accidentally moved every nation, instead of just mine.

WHERE `nationid` = 6;

For next time.

gkt70Td.png

This pales in comparison to the Test server money bug that gave everyone a Quintillion dollars. "Greatest glitch of all time !"

This pales in comparison to the Test server money bug that gave everyone a Quintillion dollars. "Greatest glitch of all time !"

Please tell me about that. I would like to know how it happened so that I can duplicate it be knowledgable. Edited by Lail Das

"Realism is irrelevant unless it's the real world" - Lail Das

• Administrators

Does this explain why the total amount of money in the game went from about 98 billion to 149 billion?

Just an FYI, I mentioned it elsewhere but I'll say it here as well. When I was fixing things (depositing money into alliance banks) I had thrown about 50 billion into my nation, and then after I was done I removed it. That's why you saw the 'total money in-game' fluctuate the way it did.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just an FYI, I mentioned it elsewhere but I'll say it here as well. When I was fixing things (depositing money into alliance banks) I had thrown about 50 billion into my nation, and then after I was done I removed it. That's why you saw the 'total money in-game' fluctuate the way it did.

... note to self, when you see Alex is online, invite a friend to play the game, have him 0 his infra, declare war on alex, give him enough money for 5 cities and a military, and have a chance of stealing billions.

(I really wonder how you'd respond to this :P )

• Administrators

... note to self, when you see Alex is online, invite a friend to play the game, have him 0 his infra, declare war on alex, give him enough money for 5 cities and a military, and have a chance of stealing billions.

(I really wonder how you'd respond to this :P )

I generally don't do this, and I generally have between $0-$10,000 on-hand at any given time, due to frequent raiding.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic