State of The Viridian Entente

Seeker

The difference is that everyone knew about the spy mechanics issue, whereas this is 100% a Sheepy-inflicted issue.  It's not quite the same.

Perhaps, my argument is the same results was going to happen regardless so reversing it f's over people still.

Edited by Seeker

gog-forum-size-regs.png

While the situation seems to have been somewhat resolved, I would like to thank the various people, friends and enemies alike, who reached out to us today and showed support for Viridia and it's membership.

This community has grown since I've been gone.

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

I feel like people should get some insider knowledge of WTF happened, but tbh I don't even know what happened exactly, so i'll just give my version of events.

Around 10AM UK time (maybe earlier, maybe later idek) I read a message from Olorin on discord detailing how we was thinking about leaving VE and would be giving me his position, upon reading this I went onto PnW to inspect the gov layout to see if I had been made Trium of IA or not.

This is when I first noticed the coup. I immediately PM'd Olorin to figure out what had happened while PM'ing Seeker to notify him of the coup. 

After a while it became apparent that Olorin had done it to remove Seeker, but had done so illegally as per our charter, So I started to play double agent. While speaking to Seeker throughout the day I had been getting closer to Olorin in order to snatch myself a position of power in order to reinstate Seeker.

Olorin had announced the new government lineup which included me as a leader, the waiting games had begun. As Olorin was cautious of a counter coup, he held off on giving the new leaders a position of power and so I essentially just had to wait it out. 

The game then went down and when it came back up? Well, Now order is restored so long live VE!

• Upvote 3

A long awaited post from me, 

let me clear up some up things. 

First of all, I didn't agree to this coup because I knew it wasn't the right to do. This isn't the VE way of changing government and I don't think the government would approve such action without reading the charter. I didn't have an immediate response when this so called "coup" happened and wasn't aware of it. 

Also, I don't believe any of our gov members were informed about this and neither was I. 

The problem was that seeker was being accused of being overstepping and Olorin thought it was too much and said that the necessary actions needs to happen.  

I was going talk to seeker about this to clear things up with the mess that Olorin had been causing through a voice chat, later today but this happened. 

The reason I posted late was that I had school and I was woken up by a floundering number of messages this morning and I couldn't get to some responses till later today. 

But when did finally get to all these messages, I know i had to do something so I demoted Olorin to member and believed it was the right thing for VE. 

I didn't know admin interference would strike again :P 

VE is alive!

• Upvote 1

<Dragonk>Like I drink beer, nto it

"You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me." 

I feel like people should get some insider knowledge of WTF happened, but tbh I don't even know what happened exactly, so i'll just give my version of events.

Around 10AM UK time (maybe earlier, maybe later idek) I read a message from Olorin on discord detailing how we was thinking about leaving VE and would be giving me his position, upon reading this I went onto PnW to inspect the gov layout to see if I had been made Trium of IA or not.

This is when I first noticed the coup. I immediately PM'd Olorin to figure out what had happened while PM'ing Seeker to notify him of the coup. 

After a while it became apparent that Olorin had done it to remove Seeker, but had done so illegally as per our charter, So I started to play double agent. While speaking to Seeker throughout the day I had been getting closer to Olorin in order to snatch myself a position of power in order to reinstate Seeker.

Olorin had announced the new government lineup which included me as a leader, the waiting games had begun. As Olorin was cautious of a counter coup, he held off on giving the new leaders a position of power and so I essentially just had to wait it out. 

The game then went down and when it came back up? Well, Now order is restored so long live VE!

Huh, that is interesting.

• Downvote 1

First of all, I didn't agree to this coup because I knew it wasn't the right to do. This isn't the VE way of changing government and I don't think the government would approve such action without reading the charter. I didn't have an immediate response when this so called "coup" happened and wasn't aware of it. 

Also, I don't believe any of our gov members were informed about this and neither was I. 

The problem was that seeker was being accused of being overstepping and Olorin thought it was too much and said that the necessary actions needs to happen.  

I was going talk to seeker about this to clear things up with the mess that Olorin had been causing through a voice chat, later today but this happened. 

The reason I posted late was that I had school and I was woken up by a floundering number of messages this morning and I couldn't get to some responses till later today. 

But when did finally get to all these messages, I know i had to do something so I demoted Olorin to member and believed it was the right thing for VE. 

VE is alive!

Nice how you waited until all this happened to choose a side.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

"If you can't fly then run. If you can't run then walk. If you can't walk then crawl. But whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." MLK Jr.

A Chief Petty Officer shall not drink. However, if he should drink he shall not get drunk. If he should get drunk, he shall not stagger. And if he should stagger, he shall not fall. And if he should fall, he will fall in such a manner as to cover up his rank so that passerbyers will think he is an officer!

Master Chief Billy Sunday in Men of Honor

• Upvote 4

X4EfkAB.png

This is sad to see. As someone who has worked with Seeker, I know he can be a bit prickly, but from my experience he always tried to do what was best for VE. Not only that, but he got shit done and had gotten VE into better fighting shape than it had been in some time. I'm hopeful that he'll be able to continue his work going into the future.

• Upvote 1

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

• Administrators

Just an FYI - I had no intention of undoing any coups or whatever. Didn't even know this had occured. I simply looked at who was listed as Leader on the VE page (MoonPie) and threw him in as leader while I was in "oh shit gotta fix things" mode without any further thought. Since it has been brought to my attention that what I did was in error, and that MoonPie was not the actual leader of VE (as per the in-game designation) I've moved him to member permissions and re-instated Yoda.

Again, not trying to take sides, just trying to put things back to where they were before I !@#$ed everything up.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Just an FYI - I had no intention of undoing any coups or whatever. Didn't even know this had occured. I simply looked at who was listed as Leader on the VE page (MoonPie) and threw him in as leader while I was in "oh shit gotta fix things" mode without any further thought. Since it has been brought to my attention that what I did was in error, and that MoonPie was not the actual leader of VE (as per the in-game designation) I've moved him to member permissions and re-instated Yoda.

Again, not trying to take sides, just trying to put things back to where they were before I !@#$ed everything up.

54889422.jpg

Lmao

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Interesting turn of events

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Guest Curufinwe

VE is alive!

Since it has been brought to my attention that what I did was in error, and that MoonPie was not the actual leader of VE (as per the in-game designation) I've moved him to member permissions and re-instated Yoda.

Well this is going to be awkward at the next gov meeting