State of The Viridian Entente

Seeker

Impero, if you can get to 18 cities, you are welcome to join Grumpy, this way you can hang out with old school VE guys, and you can stop trying to poach my members, because you will be one.

I'm concerned about too much grumpyness in one place.

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Ummm...okay to the current gov in VE (my usual disclaimer of it not being what BK thinks and blah blah blah) I have to agree with some people who thought how this was done was out of taste. If what you guys did was needed then yeah getting ahead and explaining your side of the story before Seeker could was the best move PR wise especially if what you were doing was going against your own charter, which really wasn't going to make you look good.

But yeah if you finally want to tell your side I think you should and if you did my bad.

Amaryllis out!

Nerd To The Core

Seeker is desperate for support, that's why he posted an annoucement and had the leader of HBE on standby to post "I support the legitmate government"

To be fair, it was actually I who suggested to him this morning, only a couple of hours after this happened, that he post a support. I am a firm believer in getting the information out there, and regardless of your grievances with Seeker, at the end of the day Yoda did not follow the laws of the alliance he is charged with protecting. Regardless of whether Seeker was butting into other departments or not, there is still a process that should have been followed.

If Yoda truly felt that Seeker was not acting in the best interests of the alliance he co-led, then he should have polled the Triumvirate. A Triumvirate is 3 (naturally), and it seems that Impero also disagrees. As such, legally Seeker should not have been removed. But wait, there's more! While I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about how VE's laws work, and I haven't read its constitution, I did read somewhere in this thread that 4/5ths of the alliance could vote to remove a Triumvirate. So I see two things.

1. If the laws are that the Triumvirate majority = Triumvir is removed, or failing that 4/5th of the alliance voting to remove the Triumvir from their post, then Yoda could have simply put this up for discussion, and have the alliance decide what direction they wished to go. Let the alliance know what's going on, clue them in on your thoughts and reasoning, and get things moving in the right direction.

2. If the laws are that both 2/3 of the Triumvirate AND 4/5th of the alliance were required to remove the Triumvir, then the concept of putting the conversation to the entire membership still stands. Yoda has professed he wants to change the government's style, and restructure it. Why couldn't he place his ideas before the entire alliance and get input from the membership he serves? With 60+ members, I can't imagine that Seeker would have refused to go along with the ideas that the entire alliance wanted to do.

There's be claims that he tossed away relationships, that he isolated VE. I can't speak to that. What I can speak to is that regardless of the reasoning, this is an illegal action by Yoda. I have to believe that Yoda felt this was his only way, since without that belief I'm left with someone who's just a power-hungry dictator, and I refuse to believe that's the case.

As an aside, I can confirm that neither Codonian or Celzar knew what the heck was going on as of 11:40 AM GMT this morning (6:40am EST for those who don't math). If his own government was kept clueless, then I think it's not a stretch to confirm that the membership was also kept in the dark. 

greene.png

Formerly known as Grealind of Resvernas (28 October 2014-29 August 2017) and Greene of Japan (29 August 2017-28 Septmber 2017)

7th Caretaker of Duat, the Deity Thoth

To be fair, it was actually I who suggested to him this morning, only a couple of hours after this happened, that he post a support. I am a firm believer in getting the information out there, and regardless of your grievances with Seeker, at the end of the day Yoda did not follow the laws of the alliance he is charged with protecting. Regardless of whether Seeker was butting into other departments or not, there is still a process that should have been followed.

If Yoda truly felt that Seeker was not acting in the best interests of the alliance he co-led, then he should have polled the Triumvirate. A Triumvirate is 3 (naturally), and it seems that Impero also disagrees. As such, legally Seeker should not have been removed. But wait, there's more! While I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about how VE's laws work, and I haven't read its constitution, I did read somewhere in this thread that 4/5ths of the alliance could vote to remove a Triumvirate. So I see two things.

1. If the laws are that the Triumvirate majority = Triumvir is removed, or failing that 4/5th of the alliance voting to remove the Triumvir from their post, then Yoda could have simply put this up for discussion, and have the alliance decide what direction they wished to go. Let the alliance know what's going on, clue them in on your thoughts and reasoning, and get things moving in the right direction.

2. If the laws are that both 2/3 of the Triumvirate AND 4/5th of the alliance were required to remove the Triumvir, then the concept of putting the conversation to the entire membership still stands. Yoda has professed he wants to change the government's style, and restructure it. Why couldn't he place his ideas before the entire alliance and get input from the membership he serves? With 60+ members, I can't imagine that Seeker would have refused to go along with the ideas that the entire alliance wanted to do.

There's be claims that he tossed away relationships, that he isolated VE. I can't speak to that. What I can speak to is that regardless of the reasoning, this is an illegal action by Yoda. I have to believe that Yoda felt this was his only way, since without that belief I'm left with someone who's just a power-hungry dictator, and I refuse to believe that's the case.

As an aside, I can confirm that neither Codonian or Celzar knew what the heck was going on as of 11:40 AM GMT this morning (6:40am EST for those who don't math). If his own government was kept clueless, then I think it's not a stretch to confirm that the membership was also kept in the dark.

We know that the above named individuals as well as Keza, the third triumvirate, were not consulted regarding the coup.

• Upvote 1

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

Sheepy interfered with war before, it was his time to interfere with politics.

Hahahaha, this is a fantastic train wreck.

Sheepy is on a roll here. I mean seriously, can fixes to hacks be rectified better? This is getting ridiculous at this point. 

• Upvote 2

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Oh shit.  Out of nowhere, a THIRD team shows up!

It's no longer #TeamSeeker vs #TeamOlorinYoda

There's now #TeamMoonPie!

(#TeamKeza was killed by MoonPie)

Moonpie paid sheepy to hack the game for an elaborate coup d'etat scheme

• Upvote 1

Quiet people have the loudest minds.

A wise man once said nothing.

Neat! If the membership was cool with it, cool. If not, well, now's your chance to do something about it.

If membership was cool with it?  They weren't even asked about the coup, people didn't send me messages asking me what happened for no reason.

gog-forum-size-regs.png

Neat! If the membership was cool with it, cool. If not, well, now's your chance to do something about it.

I disagree. The legitimacy of what Olorin did aside from VE's internal perspective aside, admin has just undone a mechanical power play that was well within game rules, and as such he has directly influenced politics. VE's membership shouldn't have their response mired in that. Everyone should be put back where they were and it should go from there.

(I'd expect the outcome to probably be almost identical in either case, but not really the point)

Edited by Spaceman Thrax
  • Upvote 5

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I disagree. The legitimacy of what Olorin did aside from VE's internal perspective aside, admin has just undone a mechanical power play that was well within game rules, and as such he has directly influenced politics. VE's membership shouldn't have their response mired in that. Everyone should be put back where they were and it should go from there.

(I'd expect the outcome to probably be almost identical in either case, but not really the point)

Yeah, you're very correct.  At the same time, the hand has already been dealt which was going to be dealt at a later time so if he switches it or not, he's still interfering with it.  This is the same level of the TEst/TKR spying situation, the damage was already dealt.  He messed up.

gog-forum-size-regs.png

Yeah, you're very correct.  At the same time, the hand has already been dealt which was going to be dealt at a later time so if he switches it or not, he's still interfering with it.  This is the same level of the TEst/TKR spying situation, the damage was already dealt.  He messed up.

The difference is that everyone knew about the spy mechanics issue, whereas this is 100% a Sheepy-inflicted issue.  It's not quite the same.

• Upvote 3

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png