State of The Viridian Entente

Seeker

Fellow Orbis players,

I come to you to clear some air in regards to the recent coup of the Viridian Entente performed by Olorin.

After spending almost two years within the Viridian Entente and ensuring that my members come first in every situation.  I have been removed and banned from the alliance without following the proper protocol or being discussed as to why I was removed in the first place.  Our charter clearly states that for a triumvir to be removed you need majority in the triumvirate as well as 4/5 majority of membership to be removed.  This didn't occur.  

Back Story:

Olorin seems adamant on referring that having a discussion topic on the forums in regards to going back to an old style of government I.E. Lord w/ Par is reason to coup the alliance for himself to rule at the top.  

He later claimed in addition it was due to possible FA ideas that it happened.  Regardless, these decisions are discussed over a long period and they are voted upon most importantly.  Removing a trium by not following basic charter amendments brings up several concerns that I believe all can understand.  

I hope that I provided sufficient context to what has recently happened, I hope you share my distaste for such actions because they are not only unprofessional as a head of an alliance but they bring great shame to the Viridian Entente and its allies.

• Upvote 3

gog-forum-size-regs.png

r2fz57Xh64920.gif

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Let's be honest, this probably has deeper roots than anything recent.

You did a bang up job of destroying a lot of relations single handily and the impression is you bullied a lot of VE government. You were stepping on everyone's toes and couldn't stick to your assignment. You tried to run IA and FA.

If you want to make an argument against the coup you should probably address those perceptions. You basically couped VE and VE is taking VE back. 

If this is what people pick up on from the outside, I can't imagine what a bang up job you did on the inside. 

• Upvote 4

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

You did a bang up job of destroying a lot of relations single handily and the impression is you bullied a lot of VE government. You were stepping on everyone's toes and couldn't stick to your assignment. You tried to run IA and FA.

If you want to make an argument against the coup you should probably address those perceptions. You basically couped VE and VE is taking VE back. 

If this is what people pick up on from the outside, I can't imagine what a bang up job you did on the inside. 

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably just stfu.

• Upvote 3

gkt70Td.png

Unlike what Impero and Seeker planned to do, I didn't do this to become sole ruler of VE. We are switching to a 4 leader gov system and I even gave away one of my departments. My conscience is clear.

Edited by Yoda

As a founder of VE and someone who has devoted years of myself to this alliance across many worlds, I cannot express my disappointment.

Government should not shy away from the free flow of ideas. It should not try to stifle opinions it deems dangerous. It should not fear discussing these things with it's membership. Above all else, it should think of the alliance as a whole and not act in protection of it's own power.

It is my sincere hope that my home for so many years will right itself. When it does, I'll be here.

Edited by Impero
  • Upvote 4

Lord of the Viridian Entente

imperosig.png

As a founder of VE and someone who has devoted years of myself to this alliance across many worlds, I cannot express my disappointment.

Government should no shy away from the free flow of ideas. It should not try to stifle opinions it seems dangerous. It should not fear discussing these things with it's membership.

It is my sincere hope that my home for so many years will right itself. When it does, I'll be here.

Seeker could have used this advice.

It's why he got kicked

I would have people that disagree with this statement, we have grown close to several alliances due to my experiences and chit chat between each other over the past year or so.  

I didn't try to run IA or FA by any means, it was agreed that I would talk to OO/tS sphere while MoonPie was in charge.  Keza and myself agreed on how we would work together to tackle FA as well, we communicated on a daily basis since then.  I would need examples of running IA, if asking an auditor to audit a battalion of members is running IA then you're absolutely right.  I wanted to make sure they were good to go.  I have never understood how wanting to get stuff done is a bad trait for a leader.  Generally the things I did were very minor and it was by no means running a whole department that I would hate to even be apart of.  (due to it being IA)

I think it should be noted your general dislike for me basis on my general dislike of your leader, granted that has diminished quite a bit over time.  I think it is worth noting nevertheless.

gog-forum-size-regs.png

If you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably just stfu.

If your goal was to alleviate reasonable concerns or theories that any outsider may hold, your kind of communication style in that post I'm afraid dear sir had an opposite effect.

Overall with not knowing anything about the matter it reminds me of early days of GPA triumvirate shenanigans and in House power struggles, fun to watch but ultimately pointless.  

• Upvote 5

Coups don't work

O/ Legitimate Governments

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Come join AE, you'll certainly be welcome there :P

• Upvote 1
"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

I would have people that disagree with this statement, we have grown close to several alliances due to my experiences and chit chat between each other over the past year or so.  

I didn't try to run IA or FA by any means, it was agreed that I would talk to OO/tS sphere while MoonPie was in charge.  Keza and myself agreed on how we would work together to tackle FA as well, we communicated on a daily basis since then.  I would need examples of running IA, if asking an auditor to audit a battalion of members is running IA then you're absolutely right.  I wanted to make sure they were good to go.  I have never understood how wanting to get stuff done is a bad trait for a leader.  Generally the things I did were very minor and it was by no means running a whole department that I would hate to even be apart of.  (due to it being IA)

I think it should be noted your general dislike for me basis on my general dislike of your leader, granted that has diminished quite a bit over time.  I think it is worth noting nevertheless.

You were on a totally different FA path even before the Tri existed. You consistently tried to pull away from your allies at the time and left us in the dark on just about everything. It was your job to communicate with your allies, and you seemingly intentionally avoided us.

You sabotaged VE FA for your own personal goals and isolated VE for some time. Not until as of late have you made any FA progress because of potential spheres desperation. 

You use a heavy hand when dealing with other people. I have no doubt you used those same tactics on your own government.

EDIT: We intentionally left you out of discussions because we knew you were leaking to your own enemy.

Edited by James II
  • Upvote 1

Unlike what Impero and Seeker planned to do, I didn't do this to become sole ruler of VE. We are switching to a 4 leader gov system and I even gave away one of my departments. My conscience is clear.

Planned to do?  I never once said I wanted to be the Lord, it could have been your or Keza for all you know.  You just made a knee jerk reaction that wasn't validated to project your agenda.  I wanted what was best for the alliance, so there were discussions about these things.  You failed to follow proper protocol and follow a simple charter.  How can anyone trust someone who can't even follow simple charter guidelines and kicks out the gov to reinstate it the way he sees fit.

That's called a power trip, I would never do that because I'm aware of the implications and how it brings great dishonor to the Viridian Ententes name.  You clearly don't give a f about that though, otherwise you would have done this properly from the get go.  If you have issues, you discuss it.  You don't do what just happened, that's highly unprofessional and it's a good way to show a lack of respect towards your customs.

Like I said prior, just because ideas are being discussed doesn't mean that it gives you the right to just kick whoever you want out of the alliance that disagrees with you.

gog-forum-size-regs.png