Automated Banking and the Art of Scripts

Ripper

I would argue that the method Arrgh employs to raid is also contrary to the spirit of the game, which apparently makes it cheating. Normally there's supposed to be consequences to raiding. If you hit the wrong person you could face retaliation and have your units and infra destroyed. You can also face having 10% of all your infra destroyed on top of whatever else was bombed upon beiging as well has having your resources looted. However Arrgh circumvents all that by keeping their infra low and taking advantage of the fact it's impossible to beige someone that spams fortify, rendering their raids consequence free. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that DragonK was going all over the forums boasting about how there was nothing anyone can do to stop him and his raids. Funny that it's okay to go against the "spirit of the game" when it suits Arrgh, but when it actually takes away something from Arrgh, then it's bad and the rules need to change! This is in fact a direct response to the fact that there's no way to hurt Arrgh. Now there's no way for Arrgh to loot HBE. Have fun looting elsewhere.

Meh. There is a tradeoff, but it's a tradeoff I cna get behind. We are getting retaliated and we have our units and infra destoyed. We just simply set a differnet objective than other players, and thus, in our own perspective, we win and are better than any other alliance. If you use the norms set by game, we're bunch of total failures that can't get ifnra lelvels above 600, no growth or economic stability, no standing army and getting rolled worse than GPA. We live with it, and you're welcome to try it, since you like exploiting stuff so much, try exploting the gmae we do, I bet you'd ragequit within a month. On other hand your way of playing the game has only one negative consiquence. You'll get hit by me as soon as I exit VM and there is nothing you can do about it :D.

tvPWtuA.gif

Savage. o_O

I wouldn't consider that part necessary. It's not overused and apart from an incident some days ago, there are no accidents with infinite messages.

Wait till all micro leaders start aproaching you with their little schemes on taking down t$/TKR/Pantheon/Inqusition/BK or whatever else they think they can handle. Personal favourite are the ones who openly ask you to suicide for them so they can profit from safety. :D

tvPWtuA.gif

Guest Curufinwe

+1 Captcha for the captcha confirmation button

If implemented, I move that we formally change the name of the game to "Politics and War and Capchas" or PWC for short. It has a nice ring to it.

Meh. There is a tradeoff, but it's a tradeoff I cna get behind. We are getting retaliated and we have our units and infra destoyed. We just simply set a differnet objective than other players, and thus, in our own perspective, we win and are better than any other alliance. If you use the norms set by game, we're bunch of total failures that can't get ifnra lelvels above 600, no growth or economic stability, no standing army and getting rolled worse than GPA. We live with it, and you're welcome to try it, since you like exploiting stuff so much, try exploting the gmae we do, I bet you'd ragequit within a month. On other hand your way of playing the game has only one negative consiquence. You'll get hit by me as soon as I exit VM and there is nothing you can do about it :D.

>Implying being the metaphorical used toilet paper of P&W is enjoyable.

>Implying being the metaphorical used toilet paper of P&W is enjoyable.

I would recommend looking into another brand of toilet paper if the one you're familiar with is continually stealing your money while you try to come up with ways to stop it

Now there's no way for Arrgh to loot HBE. Have fun looting elsewhere.

>implying that the reason someone would raid HBE is for its meager bank loot

Edited by Bluebear
  • Upvote 3

I would recommend looking into another brand of toilet paper if the one you're familiar with is continually stealing your money while you try to come up with ways to stop it

>implying that the reason someone would raid HBE is for its meager bank loot

Don't you think your statement is somewhat contradictory saying no one would raid us for bank loot when almost a third of our wars (offensive and defensive in the past 30 days) have come from your alliance?

Not only that, we have the right to protect our funds, just as you have the right to minimize damage taken in your raids. Why go through struggle when you can take measures to suffer as little as possible?

Edited by Torshiro Mifune

I was under the impression, from past discussion with Sheepy, that aside from messaging (which has no effect on gameplay), anything involving player interactions is not allowed to be automated. The only actions allowed to be automated are those that won't influence how another player interacts with your nation (e.g. adding a custom button to build all cities at once, instead of clicking through all of them individually).

• Upvote 1
RollSheepy.png

Don't you think your statement is somewhat contradictory saying no one would raid us for bank loot when almost a third of our wars (offensive and defensive in the past 30 days) have come from your alliance?

Not only that, we have the right to protect our funds, just as you have the right to minimize damage taken in your raids. Why go through struggle when you can take measures to suffer as little as possible?

Nation loot from someone in HBE: $2,719,149, 47 Coal, 21 Oil, 15 Uranium, 0 Iron, 7 Bauxite, 56 Lead, 1,299 Gasoline, 3,363 Munitions, 2,748 Steel, 827 Aluminum, and 1,878 Food. 

Bank loot from HBE: $1,230,903.00, 213 Food, 36 Coal, 29 Oil, 14 Uranium, 7 Lead, 28 Iron, 14 Bauxite, 20 Gasoline, 22 Munitions, 36 Steel, 32 Aluminum

I can promise you, we aren't raiding you for the bank loot.

Edited by Bluebear
  • Upvote 5

You imply it's our fault. But you come from wrong perspective. Go to Arrgh and then check alliance wars. You'd see HBE isn't as important as your page would imply. Also that you only have wars from us is your own fault for not warring with other people. Not our fault we only ones with balls around here. (PnW balls included).

• Upvote 2

tvPWtuA.gif

You imply it's our fault. But you come from wrong perspective. Go to Arrgh and then check alliance wars. You'd see HBE isn't as important as your page would imply. Also that you only have wars from us is your own fault for not warring with other people. Not our fault we only ones with balls around here. (PnW balls included).

There's a big difference between having balls and needlessly raiding in order to stay relevant.

I was under the impression, from past discussion with Sheepy, that aside from messaging (which has no effect on gameplay), anything involving player interactions is not allowed to be automated. The only actions allowed to be automated are those that won't influence how another player interacts with your nation (e.g. adding a custom button to build all cities at once, instead of clicking through all of them individually).

Does that include getting notified as soon as a player accidentally posts a bad trade?

Or getting notified as soon as someone buys a nuke so you can spy it away?

Just make it easier on yourself and ban all bots. Recruitment messages should have some personal touch. It's hardly fair to the alliacnes that don't have that capability. Plus you get poor quality mass recruit alliances.

It's no coincidence that all the alliances that use recruitment scripts suck.

• Upvote 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

Looks like we need a captcha for every bank transaction now :P

How about logging in, buying military etc lol, this is a interesting topic of discussion though, but bots can ruin the game if you don't control its usage in my opinion, sheepy.

• Upvote 1

discussion before violence

What I post do not represent the views of the alliance unless otherwise stated.

There's a big difference between having balls and needlessly raiding in order to stay relevant.

We don't raid to be relevant, we raid to have fun

> remove captchas and put only 1000 visits at P&W for each user

> spend credits for increasing visits

> ????

> PROFIT!!!

VIP accounts can view their nation more than 10 times per turn!

• Upvote 1
tvPWtuA.gif

Not everyone is playing this game for lack of validation like you do, some of us actually play games for fun.

> getting rolled 3x over because the rest of the player base got tired of your shenanigans.

> "fun."

Edited by Torshiro Mifune

> getting rolled 3x over because the rest of the player base got tired of your shenanigans.

> "fun."

Implying fun is objective in nature. Lol @ all the people that don't understand the first thing about Arrgh (and their playstyle), yet feel the need to continuously comment upon how and/or why they play the game. It's amusing, please continue, thanks.

• Upvote 5

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~ Prefontaine

Pure Gold, ~KT chat:

I'm very confused as to how this isn't just a simple ban and move on.

If these people care so much about "winning" in this game, take the game away from them. What's the point of playing a game where half the people automate their nations to such an extent...?

Edited by Pride
  • Upvote 1

Superbia

vuSNqof.jpg