Automated Banking and the Art of Scripts

Ripper

Bank looting is a stupid and flawed mechanic and as a result its easily exploitable.

I suggested that successful wars simply take a portion of a nations income for X amount of turns before tax, as it would remove any of the possible exploits. The only thing you could really do is reduce your own income out of spite and that hurts you too anyway.

Plus with the other stupid and flawed mechanic called fortify, people can just avoid being beiged entirely.

• Upvote 5

XLL3z4T.gif

Sketchy, how can I unlike your comment, even if I didn't like it in the first place?

• Upvote 5

Are you originally from Earth, too?

Proud owner of Harry's goat. It's mine now.

I now own MinesomeMC's goat, too. It's starting to look like a herd.

Yep, it is a herd. Aldwulf has added his goat, too, and it ain't Irish.

Automated banking and transfer of money and or resource using bots should be banned too...

otherwise next everything will be automated and it isnt even a game anymore...

• Upvote 4

discussion before violence

What I post do not represent the views of the alliance unless otherwise stated.

This is a first, but I agree with Buck.

Also who could have tough hades was such corrupt, bot-exploiting, cheating bastard. I know I did. That's why I had Arrgh protect his alliance for so long. Us criminals have to stick together. (Racketig money was just a bounus, having him bend the rules and exploit shit was the fun part). The main reason I dropped the contact except for obvius fact we couldn't really protect anyone, was fact he selfishly only used those benefits for himself, never sharing with rest of us while calling us immoral and what not on OWF. Karma is a !@#$, ain't it?:P

• Upvote 5

tvPWtuA.gif

A good fix would be to make bots that automatically send all resorces from nation, alliance bank to raider and delete nation. That way everyone is happy. Raiders get their dosh and pixel huggers get their ragequit without too much hassle. :D

• Upvote 4

tvPWtuA.gif

A good fix would be to make bots that automatically send all resorces from nation, alliance bank to raider and delete nation. That way everyone is happy. Raiders get their dosh and pixel huggers get their ragequit without too much hassle. :D

lol

discussion before violence

What I post do not represent the views of the alliance unless otherwise stated.

I agree that this sorta thing isn't in the spirit of the game. There are aspects of this game I dislike but everyone has to put up with them.

Putting a bot to try and circumnavigate mechanics is pretty much cheating in my eyes. I'll be interested to see how Sheepy responds.

• Upvote 4

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I agree that this sorta thing isn't in the spirit of the game. There are aspects of this game I dislike but everyone has to put up with them.

Putting a bot to try and circumnavigate mechanics is pretty much cheating in my eyes. I'll be interested to see how Sheepy responds.

Following up on your comment Keegoz, I would like to make clear that, according to the current rules, no one is officialy cheating. Those that had worked on such projects have only my admiration for finding such exploits and optimizing their work while following the rules. I wouldn't accuse anyone like this who just find an opportunity to find an advantage for his/her alliance.

That's why I added this thread here and not at the Technical Support or Reports section.

Our duty as players of Orbis is to protect the game we are playing. So, it is our duty to find such exploits that could be used against its spirit. That's the only reason I presented all the above.

Considering all these, it comes down to agreeing that indeed such bots (working on the actuation part rather than simple monitoring) should not be allowed.

If this is the case, then the Game Rules have to be further expanded, without punishing any players.

Edit: On a funny notice... XD

3b8f6db632964ab8998781c03bab3dfe.jpeg

Edited by Ripper

I would argue that the method Arrgh employs to raid is also contrary to the spirit of the game, which apparently makes it cheating. Normally there's supposed to be consequences to raiding. If you hit the wrong person you could face retaliation and have your units and infra destroyed. You can also face having 10% of all your infra destroyed on top of whatever else was bombed upon beiging as well has having your resources looted. However Arrgh circumvents all that by keeping their infra low and taking advantage of the fact it's impossible to beige someone that spams fortify, rendering their raids consequence free. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that DragonK was going all over the forums boasting about how there was nothing anyone can do to stop him and his raids. Funny that it's okay to go against the "spirit of the game" when it suits Arrgh, but when it actually takes away something from Arrgh, then it's bad and the rules need to change! This is in fact a direct response to the fact that there's no way to hurt Arrgh. Now there's no way for Arrgh to loot HBE. Have fun looting elsewhere.

Edit: On a funny notice... XD

3b8f6db632964ab8998781c03bab3dfe.jpeg

It's not even remotely weird. By automating baseball, baseball can be farmed for very quick and easy profit. There's no way to gain anything from bank transactions or sending messages. Alex has been pretty clear about where automation should not be allowed so the only thing that's weird is this comment.

gkt70Td.png

I would argue that the method Arrgh employs to raid is also contrary to the spirit of the game, which apparently makes it cheating. Normally there's supposed to be consequences to raiding. If you hit the wrong person you could face retaliation and have your units and infra destroyed. You can also face having 10% of all your infra destroyed on top of whatever else was bombed upon beiging as well has having your resources looted. However Arrgh circumvents all that by keeping their infra low and taking advantage of the fact it's impossible to beige someone that spams fortify, rendering their raids consequence free. In fact, it wasn't that long ago that DragonK was going all over the forums boasting about how there was nothing anyone can do to stop him and his raids. Funny that it's okay to go against the "spirit of the game" when it suits Arrgh, but when it actually takes away something from Arrgh, then it's bad and the rules need to change! This is in fact a direct response to the fact that there's no way to hurt Arrgh. Now there's no way for Arrgh to loot HBE. Have fun looting elsewhere.

I see. Having to log-in everyday multiple times to avoid being beiged by three attackers from different alliances, trying to face the blockades and safekeep the resources, spending all this time to find targets and coordinate in order to make a profit besides the counters, organizing your cities in a way that you will not be bill-locked, adapting them depending on the enemy, having to accept others comments making fun of you for not having high score, having no allies around, choosing to actually fight wars instead of hiding behind treaties for months, waiting for the right time to build your cities... is NOT a sacrifice which we pay for our game-play? Seriously? That's what we do? Using an exploit without any trade-offs?

If this is so hades, follow it. Since we cheat and make profits by exploiting the game, the rest alliances must be pretty naive not following our example.

You see hades, you can underestimate our game-play as much as you want. However, our gameplay will never be as simple as the mainstream: building cities with high infra that has a return of investment of 2 or more months and signing 30 treaties to protect this infra. It must be reaaaaaaally hard to do that. We will consider following your example.

Oh, and we will also add 100% taxes, so that our members not only won't be able to war on their own, but also won't be able to spend their money when they want, however they want.

Keep being authoritarian and thinking that the Emperor and his bank is higher than the chance of the players to actually play the game.

All hail!

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 3

We're finally on the same page.

Sure, on the same page and completely out of topic. My bad for being triggered and actually answering to you. :v

So, can we get bots for maximizing military automatically upon attack? ^_^

Edited by Ripper
  • Upvote 1

Looks like we need a captcha for every bank transaction now :P

Captcha's should probably be added to sending messages so the spammers have a bit harder job as well

Called it :D

But yeah if baseball and trade ahve it, no reason for bank not to have it. I get spammed in differnet way, well used to, now it's bluebear's turn to deal with spamms of that sort :D

tvPWtuA.gif

Captcha's should probably be added to sending messages so the spammers have a bit harder job as well

Savage. o_O

I wouldn't consider that part necessary. It's not overused and apart from an incident some days ago, there are no accidents with infinite messages.