Common Sense Seems To Be Lacking. . .

Yes, we all want to be listed so our quantity is sold/purchased "first." But why increment the PUPs by more than one dollar? Doing so accomplishes nothing more than that accomplished by a one-dollar increment except for potentially reducing one's ROI/PROFIT from that transaction.

What am I missing?

Dorsai_pw.jpg

Nemo - The F.O.G. of any War

Yes, we all want to be listed so our quantity is sold/purchased "first." But why increment the PUPs by more than one dollar? Doing so accomplishes nothing more than that accomplished by a one-dollar increment except for potentially reducing one's ROI/PROFIT from that transaction.

What am I missing?

There are people who want to make their offers more attractive to buyers that actually are looking for the right price to "invest".

On the market, there aren't only buyers that buy resources because they need them, but also buyers that buy resources in order to profit by reselling them.

• Upvote 1

Its a competitive market, the price drops to an equilibrium level by doing this

• Upvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Once I bought $50 over average price cause the top 10 people all bid $1 less

But yea it is super lame lol. When I want my stuff sold I drop it $25-$100 below the person above me

Unless I really need as much $ as I can get

I do $25, though sometimes I do more when I know I'm frustrating a $1 undercutter. ^_^
xzhPlEh.png?1

• 2 months later...

Well, the top of the list does get you sold faster because lots of people  cough definitely not me cough  are lazy and don't bother scrolling down to buy stuff. And $1 does make some difference if you are buying in bulk...

Cheers!

If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid. ?

• Wiki Mod

I always under/over by $1. As does pretty much everyone in Mensa. This is partly culture, we came from economy models that have maybe 2% profit margins, so dropping even a few cents would put things in the red, but really I've never heard a good reason for bigger drops. Really all I've ever heard is 'muh feels.'

• Upvote 2

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

What am I missing?

The simple reason is you're not online all the time and don't want to constantly watch your market posts.

Incremental posts can only be matched if you're regularly there to tick up after someone else ticks up after you.

It also sends a message that you're willing to compete strongly, so whoever else is considering incremental posts on top of you needs to watch out.  The best thing for your rivals to do is stop and let you go to get your transaction completed.

The simple reason is you're not online all the time and don't want to constantly watch your market posts.

Incremental posts can only be matched if you're regularly there to tick up after someone else ticks up after you.

It also sends a message that you're willing to compete strongly, so whoever else is considering incremental posts on top of you needs to watch out.  The best thing for your rivals to do is stop and let you go to get your transaction completed.

This doesn't work.  If you undercut by $100, half the time or more you'll come back online hours later to find that someone else dropped their price by $101, and are still beating you.  So what did you gain other than to lower the market price of the resource that you're trying to sell?

• Upvote 2

Sometimes, it works.  Other times, it doesn't.

It depends on price elasticity among competitors.  You have to judge when's your competitors are elastic versus when they're not.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:06 PM, Apeman said:

How set are you on being sued? In a game where we can't sue, others might find more creative ways of seeking retribution.

fZfKAIG.png

• Upvote 2

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

On 6/23/2017 at 1:06 PM, Apeman said:

How set are you on being sued? In a game where we can't sue, others might find more creative ways of seeking retribution.

No worries at this point of being undercut by me. I stopped selling on the market for right now anyways.