Geopolitical simulation set in 2001 (you play as a country, intel service, terrorist group, etc.)

Ismail

I'm posting this with permission from the Politics & War webmaster.

War on Terror is a geopolitical role-playing game designed to simulate the intrigue of the War on Terror. Much like the War on Terror, there are no particular victory conditions; you are free to pursue whatever goals you desire. Turns revolve on a weekly basis, and simulate of one month of game-time. Players adopt one of the available political or intelligence roles (or one of the single-player leadership roles).

You can find it here: http://eregime.org/index.php?act=idx

Edited by Ismail

• Administrators

I am confirming that I did give permission for this specific post.

This is a ONE TIME exception. Check out this game if it interests you, please do not advertise other things on these forums as per the Forum Rules.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Da faq is this? Looks like it wasn' t even update since 1990 :P

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

Da faq is this? Looks like it wasn' t even update since 1990 :P

My forum is actually the most beautiful in the entire world and mankind will forever marvel at its default generic Invisionfree skin. emot-colbert.gif

Edited by Ismail

Trying it out as it seems like there's an active community!

Join the Pantheon of Kings (it is not an alliance, more like a business for orbis-related services) today. 

The Pantheon of Kings is not an alliance. The aim of the PoK is to become the eBay of Orbis. 

Artists/Coders/Programmers/Lottery buyers are particularly welcomed

Our discord can be found at https://discord.gg/avNrwmY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm bumping this thread since the 1990 game that was mentioned in the original post came to an end a few days ago, the world having gotten to 1993 before exploding in nuclear war. Now there's a new, very differently-run game set in 2001, and I've modified the first post and thread title accordingly.

32 minutes ago, Catho said:

Your world just exploded int a nuclear war?

The 1990 game I initially ran ended due to nuclear war, yes. The world situation became incredibly tense for a variety of reasons, and thus a random chance of nuclear war emerged if players didn't diffuse the tension. Instead, the tension was ratcheted up even further (such as China deploying troops at the Taiwan strait and in the Korean DMZ.)

This next game, "War on Terror," is set in 2001 and being run by someone else, and plays more like a "game" compared to my Balance of Power games.