Descent of the Gods

The Sacred Lights

The Void, .3 AU from Orbis

The vast fabric of PW-2, akin to the realm of naught stumbled upon by the Dunassi. Such a void was graced with divine light this rotation. A piercing white flame erupted in the heavens, tearing asunder the fabric space and time. This white flame, for but a moment, burned open a portal to that realm of splendor, and allowed the lone craft passage. Passage into a strange realm, filled with void, and strangely different laws of physics. The planets were spheres, where down was always the earth, and the void always above.

Into this maddening void ventured the Bahl'i'ai, whom was called Akil by his subjects. He came to this land with one purpose, to forge the Raht'i'ai in this maddening void. A perilous endeavor, for none among the Jen'i'ai knew of this strange realm, or its dangers. This uncertainty filled those aboard Akil's vessel with something that they had not known for some time: uncertainty.

The ship of Akil was large, even by Bahl'i'ai standards. The craft was Nine Kilometers from stem to stern and crafted largely of Jen'i'golm, the spiritually forged Clay of the Jen'i'ai. The craft was ornate in it's craftsmanship, with many carvings and bulges along the hull. The ship looked much like the Triremes of the Mediterranean, with piercing Jen'i'kessh bows. The prow of the craft's artistic flourish created an illusion of a fish's face, much like the boats of the Mediterranean as well. To the left and right of the Prow were eyes made of Jen'i'chet. Many such eyes, and ports, were along the craft, but those two were by far the largest and most attention grabbing.

Akil meditated, deep within the furnace of the ship, as he reached out to the void with his mind to acquire as much knowledge as he could. His vessel of flesh, sat calmly in the white fires of the furnace, which brought light from the internals to bathe sections of the craft's hull in a white light. Such flame and glow came not from the ship, but from Akil himself. The Bahl'i'ai unleashed his own flame in the furnace, drenching the craft in his heavenly might. From this area, Akil was one with the vessel, and the fabric, as his mind contemplated all around him in his deep meditation.

Deep in isolated meditation, Akil relinquished the duties of micromanaging the ship to his Akesh'i'tault. His hand, whom acted as leader of the craft for the Jen'i'ai. Normally for the Bahl'i'ai, another Jen'i'ai would take the mantle, but not for Akil. For amongst his ranks was the fearsome Arishat, a Den'i'kul of the Abi'i'den. A renowned sorceress, whom absorbed one of Akil's mightiest Jen'i'ai during the merging of Jen and Den.

Arishat was an Abi'i'den, a fish like amphibian with limited shapeshifting abilities. Due to Jen'i'ai bias that the Ahk'i'den, humans, were among the most beautiful, Arishat had taken un a Humanoid Form. She stood bipedal, with a human shape, though retaining her aquatic features. She stood in the command center, grasping Akil's scepter, which was the mark of her status as Akesh'i'tault. Her eyes graced the visuals of a nearby world, largely comprised of water, a welcoming feature for one such as herself.

"There, that desert. Akil will find that land suitable to his needs." She decreed to the ship, as Akil's will flowed through her mind. Though she would have wished a place more wet, her master was a man of the desert. "Set course, now." She declared, raising the scepter with one hand, as she motioned to the Gobi Desert with her left. With a deep sense of nervousness, she sank into her pool and contemplated the sights she had glimpsed.

A round planet? She thought to herself. What an absurdity. Closing her eyes she reached out her minds eye and saw it once more. A floating ball, yet none of the water fell from it. The stories of the other realms were true. Their ways were maddening. How could such forms exist? The best she could imagine was that the inside was hollow, and somehow this allowed its existence. Despite all that the sorceress had witnessed in her years, this realm was most... Unnerving.

Arishat let her eyes close, and sank fully into her pool and tried to relax her nerves. For a moment she reached a sense of peaceful calm before she heard the cry. "Akesh'i'Tault, the ball has void craft in orbit!" Arishat rose with haste, as she grasped her lords scepter. Her heart raced, unnerved by rumors she had heard from other realms. "The will of a Bahl'i'ai is no laughing matter, continue the approach!.. And ready the craft's defenses." Her voice boomed and echoed throughout the ship, as cries of acknowledgement rang through the internals. On this day, the Jen'i'ai would see the weight of the people of the void.

OOC: Link to NS factbook. https://www.nationstates.net/nation=raht_i_ai/detail=factbook/id=787041

Edited by The Sacred Lights

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

Mirrors of the Void

The grand fabrics of space and time once more reveal a new and terrible host. From realms unknown a strange craft emerges. Kaleoikaikaokalai at the helm of the Grand Stream is first to see it and is aghast at its form. The new visitors to the realm come in a ship long and slender - as the Kawaikini's own - adorned with carvings and artistry... It is a familiar, foreign, sight. Their own ship, the Grand Stream, is only slightly smaller than this newest of comers, but has two hulls and fore and aft masts that hold the weight of magnificent sails. 

Kaleoikaikaokalai, says a Kawaikini - the sensors operator Kekapuhilihinapohulani - these contacts glow with energy I don't recognize.

Kaleoikaikaokalai, not truly the helmsman but rather one too fond of helming the ship himself, steps down from the wheel. Go on, he says, I am listening.

I have never seen such signatures before, Kekapuhilihinapohulani says. The thought of new and strange nations in this realm consumes him. PW-2 is vast and it is only through exploration all the people of it will be found. But for now Kawaikini's children are new and they do not know of all who reside here. This truth is cruel and seeps into the depths of Kekapuhilihinapohulani's mind.

Kekapuhilihinapohulani? Kaleoikaikaokalai questions. He sees his fellow shipmate who is lost in thought. The displays show the new ship sails with heading that will take it towards lands to the west of Kawaikini domains, but Kekapuhilihinapohulani says nothing of this development. Kekapuhilihinapohulani? Kaleoikaikaokalai calls again.

This time though his fellow Kawaikini hears him. He startles back with a jolt and turns to look at the man who called him. Recognition washes over his face. They are coming and seem to head towards the grand deserts to the west of our lands, he says. But they are still some distance from the planet.

Kaleoikaikaokalai nods. Yes and now we are between them and the lands and it seems their defenses are coming online, he says. He turns his face away from the displays and looks back to the helm. Once more it invites him. Prepare a message, he declares to which affirmations are heard.

"Your craft is of make foreign to the people of this planet. While we ourselves have no history of longevity on this world of ocean and land, we have grown familiar with those who inhabit it. Your path, we have projected, will take you near and perhaps even through our space and this is of concern to us. Why have you come? And what business do you have?"   

Within what seems to be an instant the message is drafted. Kaleoikaikaokalai reads over the message twice to ensure that it is good.

Send the message, Kaleoikaikaokalai says and those in the wheelhouse affirm.

The message is sent to the inbound vessel and a reply is awaited. Kaleoikaikaokalai's bridge is silent as they wait for word back. Only the tumultuous din of the reactors and the clanking of machinery in the lower decks pierces through the silence.

Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

Kingdom of Waikahla-Pohaku'ula

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

Red Star Orbiting Station, Operations Deck, Federation of Dong Wu, PW-2

A single space station came hurling into a likely viewing angle for the newcomers.

The station was not particularly advanced, hardly notable by the standards of other, far older stellar powers.  It even lacked artificial gravity, and needed to constantly rotate in order to produce a similar effect!

On the Operations Deck, the Starbase Commander stood.  She had just completed her fiftieth year of life, and for all that time one never heard her laugh.

How could there be laughter?  Anyone who wasn't some naive child in Wu would be well-aware of the circumstances.  Three million people were on this station, not for reasons of wonder at the establishment of living quarters in space nor for the eventual development of a starfleet that could traverse the stars, no, they were here because the Red Star was the only possible Wusian installation that was virtually impossible for the Wolfmen to attack.

When Wusians could finally reach the stars, the first thing they did was create a space station that could last for generations, a space station that would never fear Wolfmen reprisal.

And as these newcomers approached, staff on the Starbase immediately calculated their trajectory.

"Commander...  They're heading for the Gobi Desert.  That will place them amongst the wolfmen..."

It could not be possible!  Another would appear amongst the wolfmen and more than likely bring them hell!

After all, how could heaven be cruel enough to send some beings that would be in league with such abominations?!

At that moment, she finally laughed.  Her laughter was loud, and it pervaded the room.  A few of her aides who understood the significance of the mysterious vessel's trajectory laughed with her.  Perhaps those ships would crash into a den of wolfmen.  No doubt the wolfmen would smell new meat and come for them. Finally, unlike the frozen wastes of the North, there would be some other target for those monsters.

And so she laughed.

"Good, good.  Let us observe the situation for now.  Do not intercept the unidentified ships, and inform Headquarters.  Those monsters may find a new threat coming for them!"

----------------

çƒæµ· (Wuhai), China, Liao Dynasty Remnants

For a thousand years, Wuhai was a mere backwater, some particularly large village that the Emperors of Han mostly ignored.  There wasn't even a fortress here.

But then the Wolfmen attacked.

When Luoyang was butchered, when a million people lost their lives to their ferocity, thousands of refugees fled northward, hoping that the ancient citadels of Ye or Shangdang could save them.  They certainly tried, but the constant assaults from wolfmen forced every major citadel of note to fortify its walls and refuse any potential breach.  Many of these refugees, those who were not themselves victims of Wolfmen strikes at least, eventually fled far enough north to cross the remnants of the Great Wall and what was once Bing province to reach this distant city.

Even out here, they were not safe from the maurading, ever advancing horde of the Wolfmen.

Still, the Liao Dynasty was strong once.  They had managed to conquer as far south as Ye itself.  Yet the Wolfmen retaliated, and the Emperor of Liao was torn to shreds in front of his wife.

Her fate...  Was a most horrific one.

Lady Xi Xingyang, a direct descendant of the Liao Imperial Line, found herself the new Governor or Leader or whatever title was sufficient for this little city.  Her predecessor had led a small task force to attempt to drive the Wolfmen away from a Gold Mine a few years ago.  Neither he nor any of his subordinates returned.  They did not have much in this little city:  catapults, spears, crossbows (repeating or otherwise), muskets, and rudimentary gunpowder cannons were the best they could field.  As all of these weapons could still pierce wolfmen flesh, they had some means of protecting themselves.

But Xi knew that she was only delaying the inevitable.  The towns her people once traded with to the south had not contacted them in half a decade, and the last scouts who went to observe the closest one...  Found mostly bones and the eviscerated bodies of men and children there.  The women...  Only Heaven knew what became of them.

She looked to the heavens.  Surely there would be some sign, some glimmer of hope in the sky.  Surely, something or someone would come and help preserve what was left of humanity here.  If Wuhai joined the ghost towns and ravaged lands of North China...  How could she face her ancestors in the Nine Golden Springs?

OOC NOTES:  Ye, Shangdang, and various other cities still live, but virtually all of them hide behind extremely high walls.  Think of Ba SIng Se (if severely depopulated) for the former (as Ye was once a capital of various Chinese Warlords and lesser Dynasties).  The latter also lives, and hides behind a giant circular wall.  But it has...  Changed...  If Wusians manage to reach it there are planned scenes of interest, but there are similar cities closer to us.

Edited by Shex

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole

The Void, .2 AU from Orbis

A disheartened silence fell over the command center, as Arishat stood in silence. She stared deep into the image of the Grand Stream, as the vessel floated in the void. Its size, and similarities in design, caused the sorceress to briefly shudder. She did not like this situation, not one bit. "Incoming Transmission:" The voice of the Chet'i'vahlss, stone of understanding, echoed out, bringing Arishat's thoughts into the now. "Vessel stranger to content... The water clay, we know... You walk past ours... Why? What trade?" What strange words that the Akesh'i'tault pondered, as she strengthened her mental link with Akil. Unlike the unease of those upon the ship, Akil was calm and collected. He had felt the echoes of the Kawakini intentions in the void. The Bahl'i'ai's words filled Arishat's mind: Deliver my will.

Arishat inhaled deeply, holding her breath for some time. Finally she spoke to the Chet'i'vahlss "Will of Bahl'i'ai, Akil: The Raht'i'ai shall be forged in the desert. Gods shall come to nurture the Den, and bring the fires of creation and renewal to these lands." The message was then sent. I don't know if your will shall be heard, Akesh'i'uln Akil, Bahl'i'ai i Raht'i'ai. Arishat lamented, to her master. It will, my child. By the grace of the eternal flame.

The Den'i'kul gripped the scepter, raising it once more to the heavens. "Shields up, and pray for good fortune." Upon her utterance, darkening purple flames erupted from many of the ports along the hull, which spread out and formed a sphere of dark flame around the craft. Protecting the ship lite an Egg does the yolk. Arishat closed her eyes, and allowed the Den'i'ai flame to engulf her. With her left hand she pushed forward, covering the dark flamed shield with a brilliant red fire. This flame quickly faded into images of the desert, and the Jen landing and bestowing their blessings. The Sorceress could only hope her flame would be received kindly.

<span style='font-size: 18px;'><span style='color: #b22222'><span class='bbc_underline'>"<em class='bbc'>We regret that the size of the multiverse has permitted them to exist for so long unchecked."</em></span></span><br />Remember, <em class='bbc'>I'M </em>the New Douche, not the other 7 New Guys. I'm <em class='bbc'>not</em> a Majority.</span><br />rKC4GSg.gif

Grand Stream

And the din of silence is broken.

"Will of Bahl'i'ai, Akil: The Raht'i'ai shall be forged in the desert. Gods shall come to nurture the Den, and bring the fires of creation and renewal to these lands."

In Kawaikini, the message plays: "By the Heavenly Flame, Akil: the desert shall become divine, and by the gods civilization shall be brought forth."

The transmission is heard by all those on the bridge. By its end once more silence overtakes them as thought is had and deep consideration is begun. These newcomers have expressed desire to expand upon this world of ocean and land, but their word cannot be taken at face value.

Prepare another transmission, Kaleoikaikaokalai calls from the helm.

"You may pass but our lands are near. If your fires are kept from them ours shall be kept from you."

The sensors operator Kekapuhilihinapohulani looks nervously from his displays to Kaleoikaikaokalai. They draw near, he says. Much nearer.

Kaleoikaikaokalai nods and those who drafted the message know their time has come. It is sent to the incoming ship and once more a reply is awaited. We will shadow them, Kaleoikaikaokalai says, and keep an eye on what they do.

Silence.
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

"Your fiction is much greater than our own... We will, of course, defer to your judgement on all things that don't exist."

"Pass our land. Keep the flame from us, we will not burn." Nervously, Arishat raised the scepter. "Ready for comb-" No! Akil's voice cried out in her mind, as the will of the Kawakini was made clear to her. They did not profess hostile intent, merely a desire of sovereignty. All was made clear. She breathed a sigh of relief before lowering herself into the pool. Finally relaxing, before issuing a reply. "By the will of Akesh'i'uln Akil, Bahl'i'ai i Raht'i'ai. We will not settle your land. The desert will be our domain." She closed her eyes as she submerged fully under water. Finally she could rest her nerves. Her face broke the surface for but a moment, to relay orders. "Lower shields." So it was, that the craft returned to a more neutral state, and Arishat once again submerged.

In her pool, all was calm and quiet, even as the ship rattled slightly upon the entry of Orbis's atmosphere. The slight jar cause the sorceress to open her eyes, once again woken to the presence of Akil who scoured the lands... Looking for the place to rest his throne. It was not long before they found it. A city, which reeked of the kind of desperation that made loyal Den. All the Jen'i'ai could feel the thirst of the Den, the thirst for salvation.

Down below, the city was besieged by unholy beasts as a storm raged overhead. "Finally, it is time, to spread the fires." Akil finally spoke, his voice echoing through the ship as he stood. The Bahl'i'ai pressed his right hand forward, as his heavenly fire surged out of the ship and struck the storm. Sounds of thunders could be heard, echoing through the sky, as the rain began to be set alight by white flame. The fire fell down in a torrent upon the city and surrounding area.

The holy flame of Akil was cold to the touch of Den, and dripped harmlessly off of the roofs, and across the battlements. But to the unholy beasts, this unearthly sight was a hellish one. For the abominations did not make good Den, for they consumed the potential vessels with an unholy curse. So they would be set ablaze, in the holy rain. As the craft of Akil did descend below the clouds, making itself known. From the craft, the blue flamed Jen'i'ai, whom had not yet taken Den, came down to the people. Turning clay pots to gold, gold rings to jade, and other displays of Alchemy, before returning to the craft. Which began lowering itself ever closer to the city. The people of the city were pressed with the spiritual weight of the collected Jen'i'ai, whose power radiated down upon the people like the glow of their flames.

Of course now the strange ways of those in the eye-adorned ship have begun to seem less so. Answer was had once and answer, again, comes for yet a second time. The message flashes onto the screen and Kaleoikaikaokalai reads it first to himself and then aloud for all those in his wheelhouse to hear. He glosses over the titles, but comes to rest his eyes on the proclamation that Kawaikini's land will not be sailed upon. 

The bridge-hands sigh and Kekapuhilihinapohulani is visibly relieved.

As Kaleoikaikaokalai commanded they shadow the foreign vessel. It soon finds its place of landing and grand flames leap forth and to the lands below.

They are burning the lands, Kekapuhilihinapohulani on sensors says.

I know, Kaleoikaikaokalai at the helm replies.

But no other actions towards them are taken and indeed it would seem to appear that the Kawikini ship has stationed itself over the capital of Ke'alohilani - still within weapons range but still distant from the fires that rain down to their west.

Edited by Schwieger
Roleplay Nations:

Imperial Nalydya

-snip-  Looking for the place to rest his throne. It was not long before they found it. A city, which reeked of the kind of desperation that made loyal Den. All the Jen'i'ai could feel the thirst of the Den, the thirst for salvation.

Down below, the city was besieged by unholy beasts as a storm raged overhead. "Finally, it is time, to spread the fires." Akil finally spoke, his voice echoing through the ship as he stood. The Bahl'i'ai pressed his right hand forward, as his heavenly fire surged out of the ship and struck the storm. Sounds of thunders could be heard, echoing through the sky, as the rain began to be set alight by white flame. The fire fell down in a torrent upon the city and surrounding area.

The holy flame of Akil was cold to the touch of Den, and dripped harmlessly off of the roofs, and across the battlements. But to the unholy beasts, this unearthly sight was a hellish one. For the abominations did not make good Den, for they consumed the potential vessels with an unholy curse. So they would be set ablaze, in the holy rain. As the craft of Akil did descend below the clouds, making itself known. From the craft, the blue flamed Jen'i'ai, whom had not yet taken Den, came down to the people. Turning clay pots to gold, gold rings to jade, and other displays of Alchemy, before returning to the craft. Which began lowering itself ever closer to the city. The people of the city were pressed with the spiritual weight of the collected Jen'i'ai, whose power radiated down upon the people like the glow of their flames.

çƒæµ· (Wuhai), Governor's Fortress

Xi set out to embrace their liberators.  Across the streets the people were already welcoming the Jen'i'ai.  Even if this was a mistake, well, they were essentially dead already.

Only a miracle had kept them all from being Wolfmen dinner.

But as she attempted to leave the fortress to greet them, a few of her advisors pulled her back.

"Milady!"  One of them bowed before her.  "You cannot surrender our freedom to these beings, no matter how powerful and generous they are!  The Liao Empire cannot cease to exist so soon."

"It is true that we need benefactors."  Another advisor spoke.  "But we have a potential one.  Rumor has it that there are fellow Chinese people, living far to the south of here.  It is said that they have powerful weapons to fend off the wolfmen, but the people live comfortably."

"....  And let them stay as rumors.  Our kin abandoned us, or else they would have sent reinforcements years ago.  But I don't blame them.  The wolfmen are a terrible foe and, as strong as our southern kin might be, if they are even still alive, they'd have to constantly fortify their own borders instead of trying to rescue any of us.  But these newcomers, they have helped save this land from the abominations.  Even if they demand tribute, or more...  What other choice do we have?  This is not the time for suicidal pride.  We can be part of something greater than ourselves.  Let us not pray for help that has never come.  I will greet our liberators."

The old men watched the maiden leave the room.  With that, the Liao Dynasty was no more.

"The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel." - Horace Walpole