The Genius Of Drug Cartels.

Adama

I don't think total legalization is the way to go. Drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, crack cocaine, Ecstasy, and many others are actually very harmful both physically and mentally, and the addiction for them is a hard thing to break, and stay away from once you're clean, especially if they were legal.

Marijuana should be legal since it is no more harmful than alcohol and cigarettes (hell some claim smoking pot is less harmful than cigarettes but until it's legal we can't test it and say for fact.)

1. I agree. Drugs are harmful.

2. Marijuana has been thoroughly tested by many nations outside the US. And it turns out, pot actually contains 7x the amounts of tar as cigarettes. Anyone who has smoked pot can probably tell you that they have scraped a pipe to extract the residue that builds up. They smoke this this residue because it contains a concentration of THC. This residue that is left behind is also left behind in our lungs when smoked. And it builds up startlingly fast. I have a lot of past experience with marijuana and I find it hard to imagine that so much tar/residue could have built up in my lungs.

Though, I believe marijuana is the best drug treatment for neurological disorders.

3. I would say that alcohol is just as addictive and harmful as alcohol, only marijuana has a legitimate regular medical use.

I do not use marijuana these days. I have matured and decided that it is only an expensive weight, weighing me down with no benefits. I like to drink, but alcohol is inexpensive, it is legal, and I do not feel like I have to drink every second of the day just to feel comfortable, unlike with marijuana.

Overall, I do not support legalization of marijuana other than very strict medical use. There is just no progression in the idea.

2. Marijuana has been thoroughly tested by many nations outside the US. And it turns out, pot actually contains 7x the amounts of tar as cigarettes. Anyone who has smoked pot can probably tell you that they have scraped a pipe to extract the residue that builds up. They smoke this this residue because it contains a concentration of THC. This residue that is left behind is also left behind in our lungs when smoked. And it builds up startlingly fast. I have a lot of past experience with marijuana and I find it hard to imagine that so much tar/residue could have built up in my lungs.

Do you have any sources about that? 7x seems really high for any substance. I've never tried pot or pretty much anything (I don't even drink and I turn 21 in August) so I'll beleive you about the residue and the smoking of it.

3. I would say that alcohol is just as addictive and harmful as alcohol

Huh?

Edited by RedArmy BushMan
Glory to the divine bush for he protects. When evil flies over head in his bombers, he will not see targets, only bushes. When his army of darkness comes to harm you, they shall get lost in the endless bush. The bush loves you, as you love the bush.

Az6EzuS.png

Okay, according to the ALA, it is four times:

http://www.lung.org/associations/states/colorado/tobacco/marijuana.html

An article I take less seriously:

http://justthinktwice.com/content/factsfiction.aspx?ffuid=a5dc6d6f-22c4-433b-b8b2-c1b4cf6f88c9

Another:

http://www.drugscience.org/Petition/C2B.html

Overall, let us just round it off at 4x.

In personal experience, I have found that tar builds up much faster in pipes when marijuana is smoked from them than when tobacco is smoked from them. The tar is also much more solidified and dark, where as tobacco tar seems a lot more liquidated and light.

That sounds like a nation I don't want to live in.

Its highly debated, but they did that in Portugal. Some say it worked, some say it failed, I do not think it made any difference other than making it socially acceptable.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/2270789/

I was watching "Into the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" and it was about time (like the topic, not relese date). It basically said that people on drugs have been proven to have a worse sense of time due to the lack of remembering time based landmarks. Basically this is why I'm against drugs. 

But then Prohibition. Basically if we allow drugs, there will be less drug wars. Then again, there will be Driving While High... :D

Then there is the option to legalizing them, but taxing them excessively. And there is the bootlegging that took place when alcohol was like that. (I had to link)

Everything fails. :(

>everyone legal

http://iget2work.com/unemploymentclock.html

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

I was watching "Into the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman" and it was about time (like the topic, not relese date). It basically said that people on drugs have been proven to have a worse sense of time due to the lack of remembering time based landmarks. Basically this is why I'm against drugs. 

But then Prohibition. Basically if we allow drugs, there will be less drug wars. Then again, there will be Driving While High... :D

Then there is the option to legalizing them, but taxing them excessively. And there is the

that took place when alcohol was like that. (I had to link)

Everything fails. :(

>everyone legal

http://iget2work.com/unemploymentclock.html

I agree and disagree. In my experience with psychedelic drugs, focus is extremely increased and time perception is slowed. Although many (not all) psychedelic drugs do tend to repress memories experienced while under the influence.

However, chemistry is a cool thing. There are still chemicals out there yet to be created or discovered. Life is a chemical reaction.

The possibility of drugs are endless. People could still create a new amphetomine or opiate type chemical that is very legal, just because it is brand new.

Ever heard of "spice" or "bath salts?"

The only reason they were ever legal was because they were newly discovered chemicals. The government then outlaws them, the producers then create a new simaler chemical that isn't outlawed and continue the sale.

(I actually know some of the people who produced a few of these. Eventually, they decided it was more profitable and less stressful to sell marijuana and crack.)

Grillick, have you ever used drugs?

I use alcohol and caffeine excessively. I have tried marijuana. I grew up in an area where drug use is common, and I have many friends who are or have been regular users and/or addicts. I choose not to use many drugs because they are illegal, and I work in a field where adherence to the laws is very important.

• Upvote 1

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

I use alcohol and caffeine excessively. I have tried marijuana. I grew up in an area where drug use is common, and I have many friends who are or have been regular users and/or addicts. I choose not to use many drugs because they are illegal, and I work in a field where adherence to the laws is very important.

As do I. Meth is as common as candy where I live. Not just the neighborhood or town, but the entire state. Half my highschool friends are long lost to it.

It is sad, but that is just how things went. I even know several people who are dead because of opiates. A friend, whome last I heard was in a coma from a pill overdose, a girl who was shot up with too much heroine and then left on her door step to die by the man who shot her up, etc.

Thinking back now, it is insane to imagine how many people I can name who died because of drugs..

I did not know I even knew that many people!! Most of them not even 20 yet!

So you never answered my question.....

Do you support full legalization?

The most effective way to stop drug use is to talk about the long term and even short term effects it has on the body and mind, it has worked for smoking, it will work for Meth too and other hard core drugs.

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

I agree and disagree. In my experience with psychedelic drugs, focus is extremely increased and time perception is slowed. Although many (not all) psychedelic drugs do tend to repress memories experienced while under the influence.

However, chemistry is a cool thing. There are still chemicals out there yet to be created or discovered. Life is a chemical reaction.

The possibility of drugs are endless. People could still create a new amphetamine or opiate type chemical that is very legal, just because it is brand new.

Ever heard of "spice" or "bath salts?"

The only reason they were ever legal was because they were newly discovered chemicals. The government then outlaws them, the producers then create a new simaler chemical that isn't outlawed and continue the sale.

(I actually know some of the people who produced a few of these. Eventually, they decided it was more profitable and less stressful to sell marijuana and crack.)

Yeah, chemistry is cool. 

Yes. Like I said, there will be deaths if we do or don't do anything. 

Yes. 

Yes. Like I said, there will be deaths if we do or don't do anything. 

(The FBI rewards tips if they are helpful)

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

• 5 years later...

I agree that drugs are harmful too. And maybe marijuana is not so harmful to your body as other drugs. I know some people who vape weed and I have read on vapingdaily.com. It is better than to smoke it because it heats itself to the ideal temperature. But I don`t know to be honest and think you should always talk to your doctor.

• 3 months later...