Who Should I Join?

Llort

Heh, join whoever you want.

Except BLOC, they are fading away.

Also avoid colonies.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Heh, join whoever you want.

Except BLOC, they are fading away.

Also avoid colonies.

I've got no pull to any alliance, so I'm looking forward for them giving their reasons for why I should join them...and I imagine I'll acquire reasons why I shouldn't join some alliances in the process. 

As for your other points, let me ask  -

1. Why is Bloc fading away exactly?

2. Tell me what "colonies" are exactly?

VoC we have great guides and great aid programs and the most respectable staff that is in the game and one hell of a Grand Marshal who sees everything that is need to be to make your nation a economic power house 

• Upvote 1
6992.jpg

I've got no pull to any alliance, so I'm looking forward for them giving their reasons for why I should join them...and I imagine I'll acquire reasons why I shouldn't join some alliances in the process. 

Bloc used to be a large alliance, but only a handful of its members are still active. They were a special group of people.

Edited by George I
  • Upvote 3
DQFZMEm.png

You could join us at Infinity, we just opened up as a new alliance, so there is plenty of room for you. We have a lot of good and smart people who have a lot of current and past experience with the game.

http://infinitypw.net/index.php

http://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=437

But if you don't fancy us, there are plenty of good alliances out there like Seven Kingdoms, and VoC.

Edited by CMDR_Adama
  • Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

>Bloc pretty much lost interest.

Colonies are when a big alliance makes a small one to make extra money from colours of something. It's very tryhard. Join an upcoming alliance like Cornshuckers, or Terminus Ex if you want to do anything.

• Upvote 1
Qu0js5m.png

1. BLOC was the biggest alliance before we decked them and most seem to have scattered to the wind.

2. Colonies exist because of something known as the "color stock." Put simply, the less nations on a color, the more of a boost in revenue you gain. Colonies exist because larger nations want bigger bonuses so they create a new alliance under the control of the main alliance and proceed to shove alliances off their color or just sit around and do nothing until another color becomes better and switches to it.

Genius Corp is under VoC.

White Sea Fleet is under UPN.

Guardian White and Longbowe Corps is under Guardian.

House Martell is under SK.

Robber Barons is technically under HSN.

The Hashbrowns under CS.

Edit: Ninja'd

>Bloc pretty much lost interest.

That is an interesting way of saying "you annoyed every alliance so much that eventually you guys kept getting destroyed and rage quit." Edited by underlordgc

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You are always welcome to come join our ranks in the Corn Shuckers alliance. We are new to this type of game and therefore are learning the ropes in terms of forums and the politics aspect of the game, but are improving more and more everyday. If you are knowledgable in that field you would do very well here because we can provide you with tips, guides, and aid to grow and you can quickly rise into government and help with our politics area. We have however had a few members leave due to disappointment with our forums being under-developed. Message me in game if you want to try and work something out or have any questions.

Edited by Pubstomper

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

VoC we have great guides and great aid programs and the most respectable staff that is in the game and one hell of a Grand Marshal who sees everything that is need to be to make your nation a economic power house 

Oh really? Can you state why and give me evidence that you are, the rankings clearly don't agree with you 

YYBDxum.png

How come you're not at number one then? If you have, to quote your own words "great guides and great aid programs and the most respectable staff that is in the game", if you were truly the best, your stats in game would support it, but in fact, they speak of the contrary from what I can see. 

I'm going to assume the obvious here, this is simply your egotism making your claims here. Consider VoC off my list of possible alliances to join, for that reason exactly.  :) 

-snip-

You're funny, GC and VoC are the same alliance. Besides he never said VoC "was the best" he said they were great. BTW, I'm not sure if you've ever played nation sims before but being rude to people tends not to get you far, mmmmmkay?
  • Upvote 2

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You're funny, GC and VoC are the same alliance. Besides he never said VoC "was the best" he said they were great. BTW, I'm not sure if you've ever played nation sims before but being rude to people tends not to get you far, mmmmmkay?

Ah, but how was I to know that? Nobody told me.

I'm quite aware I was rude and I'm quite aware that it won't get me far. But please, I asked for reasons to join, I'd like actual reasons, not "we're great or best", I want actual facts, not egotistical nonsense, on why I should join.

Great/good/best is irrelevant, they all effectively mean the same thing in this example, as in a positive. Being pernickety about the words here is silly, it's quite obvious what I mean.

Actual facts and reasons here gentlemen, I won't take "we're amazing" as an answer.

Shouldn't you be the one finding it out on your own?

I mean, really, asking for Alliances to tell you who to join is basically going to get you a bunch of standard recruitment speeches and maybe a little bashing of said speeches.

Not to mention you are only one nation...

That's an easy question to answer, but only you can answer it. Research the alliances on the alliance page and pick whichever alliance appeals to you the most. The alliance that you pick is the alliance that you will enjoy the most, hence the alliance that you should join.

Edited by Casey

FN4ZiQL.png

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun de Menschen das gleiche."

"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Ah, but how was I to know that?

By reading the responses of the people when you asked what colonies are. Funny how reading someone's answers to your questions can provide you with information, huh?
  • Upvote 4

"It's hard to be a team player when you're omnipotent." - Q

By reading the responses of the people when you asked what colonies are. Funny how reading someone's answers to your questions can provide you with information, huh?

I see, I forgot somebody mentioned the list of colonies.

VoC is a corporate type alliance, if that's what you like then join us.

our motto is "lets make a deal"

Guardian is more or less the white whale of the game

Seven Kingdoms is the most honorable and loyal alliance. (probably the smartest too)

Edited by bgorre

Take it from me, don't join bloc under any circumstance.

If you are neutral consider GPA, but if you want to have an exciting war ridden month either be neutral and get raided 24/7 or consider that you may have came to the wrong game.

• Upvote 1

e1msiPI.jpg

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

ROME. We have everything any large alliance has including guides, financial aid, and we are just getting a convenient little growth program in order, except by joining ROME, you have a chance to be part of forming something new. Something great. And our rules are quite lenient. Government positions are available if you have the necessary skill and devotion.

http://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=413

The only membership requirement you must fulfill is signing up on our forums and filling out our application. Which is very simple.

Also you can't judge an alliances skill based on their ranking. The alliances that are younger are at a bit of a disadvantage due to coming in when guardian, VoC, etc. (colonies included) were well over 20000 points. Time definitely plays a factor in terms of ranking. I would suggest looking at how fast an alliance is growing or how old they are relative to their score.

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Oh really? Can you state why and give me evidence that you are, the rankings clearly don't agree with you 

YYBDxum.png

How come you're not at number one then? If you have, to quote your own words "great guides and great aid programs and the most respectable staff that is in the game", if you were truly the best, your stats in game would support it, but in fact, they speak of the contrary from what I can see. 

I'm going to assume the obvious here, this is simply your egotism making your claims here. Consider VoC off my list of possible alliances to join, for that reason exactly.  :)

We have a fat wallet and bank we was ranked one to Master blaster left us.

6992.jpg

VoC is a corporate type alliance, if that's what you like then join us.

our motto is "lets make a deal"

Guardian is more or less the white whale of the game

Seven Kingdoms is the most honorable and loyal alliance. (probably the smartest too)

1 - Interesting, though your local German drunk isn't exactly giving me good vibes.  :)

2 - In what way?

3 - Also interesting, intelligence is one thing I can respect in alliances. 

ROME. We have everything any large alliance has including guides, financial aid, and we are just getting a convenient little growth program in order, except by joining ROME, you have a chance to be part of forming something new. Something great. And our rules are quite lenient. Government positions are available if you have the necessary skill and devotion.
http://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=413

The only membership requirement you must fulfill is signing up on our forums and filling out our application. Which is very simple.

Meaning?

RIjkVqc.png

Join us.

For what reason?  ;)

We have a fat wallet and bank we was ranked one to Master blaster left us.

Meaning?