What Is A Credible Source

Donald Trump

>MSNBC

>Credible

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

How the !@#$ is Al Jazeera credible? Its like saying RT and CCTV are credible. Al Jazeera is Qatari government funded media outlet. AJ would be biased since its funded by the Qatari Government. Its promotes leftism in the west but promotes conservatism and right wing politics (sunni islam) in the middle east and islamic countries. 

Al-Jazeera, minus their OpEds, is a fantastic news source. It does neither of those. It just puts out news. Qatar doesn't interfere with content and they don't attempt to change peoples' beliefs, just keeping people informed with high quality journalism.

• Upvote 1

GICjEwp.gif

AJ's opinion pieces sometimes are much more credible than the non opinion pieces of AJ:
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/12/saudi-arabia-uses-terrorism-as-an-excuse-for-human-rights-abuses.html

Anyway back to Al Jazeera being a biased source of news

Qatar doesn't interfere with content and they don't attempt to change peoples' beliefs

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/05/wikileaks-cables-al-jazeera-qatari-foreign-policy

(proof that AJ is controlled by Qatar)

Oh Btw AJ host a Islamic Conservative Cleric named Yusuf al-Qaradawi and he has a show there (Sharia and Life). So much for a "liberal" Al Jazeera. As I remember CNN doesn't host Conservative Christian Pastors to have their own show there. Yusuf al-Qaradawi comment about homosexuality is "The same punishment as any sexual pervert – the same as the fornicator." Which means lashing. Oh he also have a comment about the holocaust which is "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption ... The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them.... Allah Willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers".

AJ's opinion pieces sometimes are much more credible than the non opinion pieces of AJ: I disagree. Their opinion pieces are just as annoying as every other publications' opinion pieces. I just read it for the excellent news coverage, especially in the region.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/12/saudi-arabia-uses-terrorism-as-an-excuse-for-human-rights-abuses.html

Anyway back to Al Jazeera being a biased source of news They're not so how would we go back to that?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/dec/05/wikileaks-cables-al-jazeera-qatari-foreign-policy

(proof that AJ is controlled by Qatar) I don't believe anyone's claimed they're not Qatari

Oh Btw AJ host a Islamic Conservative Cleric named Yusuf al-Qaradawi and he has a show there (Sharia and Life). So much for a "liberal" Al Jazeera. How so? Fox often hosts liberals (well, liberals as they see them) and those guests often have jobs or shows that oppose Fox News coverage. There's no real difference. As I remember CNN doesn't host Conservative Christian Pastors to have their own show there. CNN's not liberal. Yusuf al-Qaradawi comment about homosexuality is "The same punishment as any sexual pervert – the same as the fornicator." Which means lashing. Oh he also have a comment about the holocaust which is "Throughout history, Allah has imposed upon the Jews people who would punish them for their corruption ... The last punishment was carried out by Hitler. By means of all the things he did to them – even though they exaggerated this issue – he managed to put them in their place. This was divine punishment for them.... Allah Willing, the next time will be at the hand of the believers". So? CNN's hosted members of the Westboro Baptists, among others. It's kind of a news channel's job to interview people involved whatever their politics.

GICjEwp.gif

I don't believe anyone's claimed they're not Qatari

Qatari Government ofc

Oh Btw AJ host a Islamic Conservative Cleric named Yusuf al-Qaradawi and he has a show there (Sharia and Life). So much for a "liberal" Al Jazeera. How so? Fox often hosts liberals (well, liberals as they see them) and those guests often have jobs or shows that oppose Fox News coverage. There's no real difference.

But those liberals don't have their own tv shows on Fox News. They're just guests or the people Fox News interviews.

As I remember CNN doesn't host Conservative Christian Pastors to have their own show there. CNN's not liberal.

pew.png

Then why is CNN more appealing to liberals? Ofc they're liberal (well the reporters and the tv hosts are)

So? CNN's hosted members of the Westboro Baptists, among others. It's kind of a news channel's job to interview people involved whatever their politics.

But Westboro Baptists don't have their own tv shows on CNN. Interviews are different from hosting tv shows

Edited by August

Qatari Government ofc I figured that'd be obvious. My bad,

But those liberals don't have their own tv shows on Fox News. They're just guests or the people Fox News interviews. So Al Jazeera better represents both sides of an issue than the United States does. I don't know why you appear to think that's bad. In the US the government used to require it of our channels too.

pew.png

Then why is CNN more appealing to liberals? Ofc they're liberal (well the reporters and the tv hosts are) 

Your own image doesn't indicate liberalism so much as a slight lean from centrist sort of in that direction.

But Westboro Baptists don't have their own tv shows on CNN. Interviews are different from hosting tv shows Sometimes, sometimes not. It hardly hurts to get more than one side to a story

headlines do it for me

If you guys don't want to read Al Jazeera that's your choice, but you're missing out on some fantastic coverage.

GICjEwp.gif

Qatari Government ofc I figured that'd be obvious. My bad, 

But those liberals don't have their own tv shows on Fox News. They're just guests or the people Fox News interviews.

pew.png

Your own image doesn't indicate liberalism so much as a slight lean from centrist sort of in that direction. I have not posted any image liar.

But Westboro Baptists don't have their own tv shows on CNN. Interviews are different from hosting tv showsSometimes, sometimes not. It hardly hurts to get more than one side to a story Uh, I agree so not sure what you're on about. Thanks for making my case, what a joke.

If you guys don't want to read Al Jazeera that's your choice, but you're missing out on some fantastic coverage. I read Al Jazeera now and then as they do coverage on certain things others don't so you once again know nothing about me

Edited by Rozalia

But those liberals don't have their own tv shows on Fox News. They're just guests or the people Fox News interviews. Some of them had shows on Fox, actually.

pew.png

Your own image doesn't indicate liberalism so much as a slight lean from centrist sort of in that direction. I have not posted any image liar. I didn't claim you did, it coming immediately after a sentence quoted and posted to immediately following is an indication of it being said to that person.

But Westboro Baptists don't have their own tv shows on CNN. Interviews are different from hosting tv shows Sometimes, sometimes not. It hardly hurts to get more than one side to a story Uh, I agree so not sure what you're on about. Thanks for making my case, what a joke. It's my case too, hence me suggesting and supporting it.

GICjEwp.gif

But those liberals don't have their own tv shows on Fox News. They're just guests or the people Fox News interviews. Some of them had shows on Fox, actually.

pew.png

Your own image doesn't indicate liberalism so much as a slight lean from centrist sort of in that direction. I have not posted any image liar. I didn't claim you did, it coming immediately after a sentence quoted and posted to immediately following is an indication of it being said to that person. This is a public discussion so you totally. Can't believe I have to explain this to you.

But Westboro Baptists don't have their own tv shows on CNN. Interviews are different from hosting tv shows Sometimes, sometimes not. It hardly hurts to get more than one side to a story Uh, I agree so not sure what you're on about. Thanks for making my case, what a joke. It's my case too, hence me suggesting and supporting it. So will you admit I was right?

Sorry you're so upset. You're welcome to continue having a fit about it; I'll just continue posting as I always have. Didn't say the image was yours, you just appear to have assumed I did. I can't think of a time when you'd ever be right, though.

GICjEwp.gif

Sorry you're so upset. You're welcome to continue having a fit about it; I'll just continue posting as I always have. Didn't say the image was yours, you just appear to have assumed I did. I can't think of a time when you'd ever be right, though. I don't care, laughing my arse off with Abdul over her who may I add is ever so educated. You said the image was mine with a fake quote and are now lying again.

Sorry you're so upset. You're welcome to continue having a fit about it; I'll just continue posting as I always have. Didn't say the image was yours, you just appear to have assumed I did. I can't think of a time when you'd ever be right, though. I don't care, laughing my arse off with Abdul over her who may I add is ever so educated. You said the image was mine with a fake quote and are now lying again.

While you're certainly well practiced in fake quoting, I'm afraid your judgement here is incorrect. I'm sure at some point you'll accuse someone of it and it'll actually be true for someone other than you.

GICjEwp.gif

I think he's trying to do the "redirecting" thing you do to him

"If a person is satisfied with everything,then he is a complete idiot.A normal person cannot be satisfied with everything."~Vladimir Putin

"Every human being makes mistakes."~Ian Smith

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. We are not prophets. This is a step in the dark. We can only proceed into the future with faith.~Pieter Wilhelm Botha

And I'm very thankful for that. Grad school would've been challenging if I were French for slow. Don't call Vincent de Beer and all the rest here slow. Who do you think you are?