Politics & War Roleplaying (Applications & Info) Re-Re-opened!

Over 1000 years later and I still have a hard time staying active.

GG myself, I'm terrible.

"There's nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
All you need is love,
Love is all you need."

7 minutes ago, Catsby said:

Over 1000 years later and I still have a hard time staying active.

GG myself, I'm terrible.

Could be worse. I always have shit to do irl.

13 hours ago, Mogar said:

Not quite.

13 hours ago, Featherine said:

Claiming Seoul and Tokyo. 

As Mogar didn't say he wanted Tokyo and Seoul he isn't getting it so.

Also please refrain from nabbing land other players have already asked for and try to quickly RP the takeover.

Seoul and Tokyo will be handed off to Featherine as part as either a gift from Walpurgis or Expansion.

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

29 minutes ago, Lelouch Vi Britannia said:

As Mogar didn't say he wanted Tokyo and Seoul he isn't getting it so.

Also please refrain from nabbing land other players have already asked for and try to quickly RP the takeover.

Seoul and Tokyo will be handed off to Featherine as part as either a gift from Walpurgis or Expansion.

I am supposed to actively refresh the map thread while writing my own thread? RP should come before claims in the thread, and he failed to RP before he made his claim.

49 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I am supposed to actively refresh the map thread while writing my own thread? RP should come before claims in the thread, and he failed to RP before he made his claim.

The intention must be made first followed by a post to validate it.

As Featherine did it first he will be granted Seoul and Tokyo

While it isn't an explicit rule, all players are aware that the intention must be made first to know if it valid or not so their RP post isnt wasted.

This is to avoid someone who has already claimed land for August to RP them claiming more land before the intention is made.

The end result WILL be Featherine gaining Seoul and Tokyo.

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

I have claimed a singular territory, there is nothing in the rules that state I have to RP my expansion only one per month and any further expansions will be null and void. Featherine should not have given the land up to Eva in the first place if he did not wish for them to become contested at some point in the future. Intentions or not, this is yet another example of OOC mattering far more than IC in this RP. You're effectively claiming that the map thread matters more than the actual RP itself, unless there is also rule that explicitly states I can only expand once per month, I claimed the land first. Feel free to suggest a rule to change this since I am sure such an idea could be widely supported.

Wish to claim the following three provinces

PIPOMpv.jpg

sorry if it's not as clear since I had to do this on my phone. But really it's the land along the coast, and the two provinces just below me

Alright didn't know Eva moved there so if you don't mind I'll just have three provinces along the coast

Nerd To The Core

12 hours ago, Mogar said:

I have claimed a singular territory, there is nothing in the rules that state I have to RP my expansion only one per month and any further expansions will be null and void. Featherine should not have given the land up to Eva in the first place if he did not wish for them to become contested at some point in the future. Intentions or not, this is yet another example of OOC mattering far more than IC in this RP. You're effectively claiming that the map thread matters more than the actual RP itself, unless there is also rule that explicitly states I can only expand once per month, I claimed the land first. Feel free to suggest a rule to change this since I am sure such an idea could be widely supported.

Considering the basis of this RP was found on a map thread due to the fact we would have people waring everyone who tried to claim land then YES.

Also, the Meta Board is not signed up for Free-Consent.

They made their intention clear for the admins to add Seoul and Tokyo, something you STILL haven't done. You can't just flip the script on something we all have been doing including yourself. Hell even on the Organic RP which is ALL free-consent map intention came first.

2 hours ago, Amaryllis said:

Wish to claim the following three provinces

PIPOMpv.jpg

sorry if it's not as clear since I had to do this on my phone. But really it's the land along the coast, and the two provinces just below me

Alright didn't know Eva moved there so if you don't mind I'll just have three provinces along the coast

Okie

10 hours ago, Mogar said:

I have no issues holding a conflict over the land, I have significant logistical issues with such a scenario.

Yea, then again Featherine LITEARLLY borders it.

So in a real life scenario, the Meta Boared would know first and would be able to secure it.

IYT09l4.png

Rimski - Today at 7:34 PM
Claims for semptemmber
LelouchViBritannia - Today at 7:34 PM
I meant what are you claiming
Rimski - Today at 7:35 PM
Oh UAE for now

(3 Pieces)

IYT09l4.png

Official nation name: Greater Occitania

Population (P&W numbers): 1,000

GDP per capita (P&W numbers): Unknown

Population density (sq. km): 50.01 people per square mile 
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy

Politics & War Wikia link (leave blank if you don't have one):

Describe your Nation IC: Greater Occitania, or the United Kingdom of Greater Occitania as it is formally known, is a successor state to the old French Empire ruled by the Wolf dynasty. It is generally believed that King Betrand is a blood relative of the Wolf dynasty, giving him legitimacy as the King.
Describe yourself in OOC terms: You guys should already know who I am by now. I am some guy who spends to much time writing elaborate posts.

Have you read, and do you agree to abide with, the rules? (Yes/No): Yes
(You must not have a history of continuous rule breaks in the national affairs subforum!)

Where on the map do you want to be located? (Using real-world geography/nations, or a self-provided map):  cDWPiji.png (Part of France in blue)

Nation flag link (if you have a specific one you want to be used): 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnIsgn9rgaMu9rcAa2mkz

(Map-wise, you're limited to a maximum of 50 provinces. If you go higher than that, I'll personally adjust it down until it's at 50, or ask you to re-do your own example until it fits within the 50 province limit. Note that expansion is allowed, but at a maximum of four provinces per month as to be as realistic as possible. This rule applies to nations under 50 provinces as well. Nations are permitted to own colonies, but at a maximum of 5 with no more than 20 provinces each. Provinces are unable to be moved from one location to another. Gifted land is also capped at four provinces per month. Land gained by a nation as a result of war can be more than this.)

(You are required to post at least once a month (no more than a month after your last post) in the national affairs subforum to remain active. This means creating your own topic, not just commenting on someone else's posts. Inactive nations will be removed from the map.)

7 minutes ago, Ekejen Luish said:

I'd like to expand and move my provinces but it's a stupid PHP file so I can't highlight the regions. Please make it not a PHP file because I can't open those!

Open the image

Download the image as a Png or jpeg file

Boom!

IYT09l4.png

13 minutes ago, Ekejen Luish said:

I'd like to expand and move my provinces but it's a stupid PHP file so I can't highlight the regions. Please make it not a PHP file because I can't open those!

https://s26.postimg.org/oe9tcejhz/P_W_Map.png

• Upvote 1

1288901501_RokkenjimaSignature.png.0d904885417dedabec1671424bcdd01b.png

When the seagulls cried, none were left alive.

"If life is a miracle, then death is a certainty."

5 hours ago, Lelouch Vi Britannia said:

Considering the basis of this RP was found on a map thread due to the fact we would have people waring everyone who tried to claim land then YES.

Also, the Meta Board is not signed up for Free-Consent.

They made their intention clear for the admins to add Seoul and Tokyo, something you STILL haven't done. You can't just flip the script on something we all have been doing including yourself. Hell even on the Organic RP which is ALL free-consent map intention came first.

Okie

Yea, then again Featherine LITEARLLY borders it.

So in a real life scenario, the Meta Boared would know first and would be able to secure it.

Being mapmaker does not mean you are rule maker, the map is simply a reference tool and something anyone with gimp and a half hour of effort could maintain. I don't see how free consent has anything to do with anything, the land was returned to white space, I claimed it, the rules only state the cooldown period is involved when the nation is removed, not when they willingly gave up the territory.

I would think that a post explicitly stated I am claiming the territory would be enough for you to be able to infer what the intent of my post was in the first place. Like I said, you're insinuating that there is an unspoken rule and following that, rather than acknowledging the ruleset says nothing of this and I managed to spend the few minutes of effort required to RP out an intention, rather than simply posting one in the map thread.

In a real world scenario meta board is effectively a swiss state and doesnt interact on a regular basis with anyone, where I am a lot closer to an america and have not shied away from interventionist policy. Rather than continue this argument however, I'll PM the mod and see if they can afford us some insight into this quandary.

21 minutes ago, Mogar said:

In a real world scenario meta board is effectively a swiss state and doesnt interact on a regular basis with anyone.

I actually agree to some extent. I don't really interact with others unless i really have to.

Edited by Featherine

Unaligned nations during the world wars is the only other real world example I could think of that represent the isolationism that some nations in this RP would be the closest equivalents of, and I never once said I would hold onto them long term as well and would potentially negotiate with Meta Board to return them in the future. So I'm kinda feeling like Lelouch is basically ruling that the map claim before actual RP which is just effectively enforcing a lack of interactivity within the game, which kinda defeats the entire purpose of a RP in the first place, don't you think?

Edited by Mogar

In the interest of semantics however, I will post a map containing my claims for August and September.
Z1lx3X1.png

I first claimed the light green at the bottom of the image, and still would much prefer that along with the colored in section that exactly matched my color, but in the event that the mod feels that your unwritten rule is in fact actually one we are expected to follow, and adds it to the rule set. I am claiming lighter color of Morocco as the remainder of my August claims.

In order, relevant RP for Seoul/Tokyo claims, Moroccoan claims, and september's north korea/riau island claims.

Edited by Mogar

• Moderators

After having receiving two messages, It was brought to my attention of an issue about claims made on the map.  And frankly, I am not going to make @Lelouch Vi Britannia change the map. Featherine made the claim in this thread first, and frankly, it should of been common sense to do so. It's not the map maker's or moderators job to go through the forums to correlate peoples claim. Henceforth, I am approving Lelouch's rule request stating to gain the claim on the map, you have to make the claim here before someone else does. However, if you make a claim on this topic and then fail to make a post 24 hours after making the claim, it will be void and you will have to resubmit your request. If someone else grabs it, that is your own fault for failing to post the RP how you gained the lands.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

giphy.gif

If you see something you think is breaking the Forum Rules please click the report button, and I will get an email stating that a report has been sent. Thanks!

Suspended and have questions? You can contact me at my email at: [email protected]