Trouble in paradise. {Invite Only}

Gregor looked into the vastness of space and was met with the nothing but his own reflection from the durasteel, the only thing separating him from the vacuum of space. In front of him sat the blue planet which was illuminated by a nearby star, his eyes were drawn to the puffy clouds which were spread across the surface.

The sector surrounding the planet was abuzz with shipping which came and went rather quickly, much of it was civilian and brought waves of news tourists to the holiday resort. Most of the clients which visited were Triskeli military personnel on extended leave or rich businessmen spending their ill-gotten gains. Permanently stationed over the planet were two imperial light cruisers which were tasked with providing security to the resort and its inhabitants from any threats, however unlikely they would be.

“Sir, we are receiving signals of a rather large naval fleet exiting hyperspace†one of the ensigns barked from behind him. It was strange, the navy never sent vessels to such a secure part of space

which was protected by FTLI stations.

“Ensign, ping local FTLI stations and contact the fleet’s commander†Gregor said with a hint of worry in his voice.

Behind Gregor the ensign tapped away for a few seconds “Base Delta Zero, this is High Heaven, report on your status. Base Delta Zero, this is High Heaven, report on your statusâ€. Even after attempts the ensign gathered no report from the FTL stations so he moved onto the fast approaching fleet “Unknown Triskeli fleet, this is High Heaven, report your intent and authorization†again this was met with silence.

“Sir, I am unable to reach either the fleet or FTLI stations†the ensign was now stood up looking at Gregor.

“Raise the alarm and send out a distress signal to the Triskeli command†boomed Gregor, his eyes bearing down on the lowly Ensign.

After a few seconds of typing the ensign shouted back “Sir, our communications are jammed, we are in the dark and cannot communicate with anyone out of this sector.â€

Gregor looked down at the planet again, beneath him were millions of defenseless people who had no idea what was about to happen to them. That second the standard Imperial alarm sounded, soon followed by the officers and troopers rushing around the bridge of the station. Suddenly his eyes were drawn to what had exited hyperspace in front of him

Out of the deep depths of space several large vessels appeared, their jumps precise as their hulks instantly smashed the two light cruisers under their immense speed and size. Flaming hot wreckage from the vessels roared towards the planet’s surface. The ships themselves looked as if they had been pieced together from several ships older vessels, none of which were Triskeli in design, their orange and red skins shimmered in the sun’s gaze.

Gregor watched as the light cruisers were instantly smashed into millions of pieces. Knowing what he had to do he reached for a nearby panel and began typing, his orders dispatched the docked ARC fighters and sent them to the hide somewhere on the planet below. Looking up he could barely react as the vessels launched several slugs towards the station, his last image was the station’s shields shimmering a second before failing.

• Upvote 1

Darkmore, Onxy Prime, Imperial Palace

The hall was dark and gloomy, the walls were made of a thick stone and were laid bear with their soft facings cloaked in a shadowy darkness. In the darkness, loomed figures who guarded of the room, watching and listening in silence for specific commands. The ceiling had a singular strip of line which illuminated the center of the room only, giving a certain pathway to the throne which lurked at the very end of the room. Elizabeth was sat on the throne with both her legs hanging off one side, she was dressed in formal naval dress, her eyes stared at the large oak doors at the front of the hall, waiting for them to open.

Apollyon had been on the other side of the universe when he had been recalled to Onyx Prime, though when the Empress called he was duty bound to respond to her call. He looked up at the busy night sky which was abuzz with different starships roaring by, while his capital ship sat motionless, standing out like a dagger in the black sky.

With a creak the large doors moved inwards, Apollyon marched forwards, flanked by two of his own guard. His eyes were drawn to the shock troopers who stood in the shadows of hall, their red markings stood out in the shadows, their black frowns appeared ominous and was probably a ploy by Elizabeth to strike fear into those who marched into her palace.

Elizabeth spoke first with hint of ignorance in her voice “Lord Apollyon. I have been awaiting your arrival. We have some trouble….and a trouble maker on our hands†she said, her eyes staring through Apollyon.

As Apollyon reached halfway down the hall he knelt, though a distance away from Elizabeth. Looking up he responded “This better not be a job which one of your Admirals can handle. I have better things to do than crush rebels that you helped create. I have my own tasks to accomplish†his bitter tone echoed through the chamber.

A scowl went across Elizabeth’s face and her usually green eyes slowly turned a shade orange. Raising her right hand, she moved it towards Apollyon with a great speed, a red and yellow lightning shot across the room and made contact with the Sith lord, he didn’t appear to move through the stream was hitting him with force, around him the ground cracked. After several seconds, she stopped and looked at the now smoking Sith Lord. “You should know by now, you should not speak to your master like that†she continued “Now that is in order. I have some troubling news. There is a traitor in my midst, several FTLI stations have gone offline, a fleets ID number was stolen and it was used to attack a planet with a hidden observatoryâ€.

Staying silent for a few seconds Apollyon responded “Very interesting…Master. It would take someone of high level clearance to mask a fleet within our space as a Triskeli fleet and then take down several FTLI stations. The planet will be taken, I shall have it destroyed as part of my investigationâ€.

“There lies the issue, the planet is a holiday resort for millions of citizens, both ours and…our allies. It would detrimental to our alliance to display that we cannot even protect our citizens or theirs. I sense this was the reasoning behind. The planet itself has minimal defenses and I doubt they lasted mere seconds if they had a technical readout†Elizabeth mused as she placed around the throne.

“What is thy bidding, my master?†the Sith lord responded.

“I have had your personal legion transported to a nearby staging area. Gather your fleet and begin your investigation. You will first need to destroy or capture our lost FTLI bases before you can head to the planet.†Elizabeth said looking upon Apollyon.

Standing up, Apollyon pulled his hood over his face and walked towards the exit.