Why is the left so violent?

Aisha Greyjoy

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

This categorization foolishness gets stupid fast. If someone posts a list of all the crimes people of certain ethnic groups commit are we going to have a long involved discussion about the criminal predisposition of that ethnic group?

• Upvote 5

Well, I see the right wing do it all the time with immigrant crimes.

The FBI concluded right-wing terror groups were the most serious domestic threat in the USA.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/testimony/the-terrorist-threat-confronting-the-united-states

Domestic right-wing terrorist groups often adhere to the principles of racial supremacy and embrace antigovernment, antiregulatory beliefs. Generally, extremist right-wing groups engage in activity that is protected by constitutional guarantees of free speech and assembly. Law enforcement becomes involved when the volatile talk of these groups transgresses into unlawful action.

On the national level, formal right-wing hate groups, such as the National Alliance, the World Church of the Creator (WCOTC) and the Aryan Nations, represent a continuing terrorist threat. Although efforts have been made by some extremist groups to reduce openly racist rhetoric in order to appeal to a broader segment of the population and to focus increased attention on antigovernment sentiment, racism-based hatred remains an integral component of these groups’ core orientations.

Right-wing groups continue to represent a serious terrorist threat. Two of the seven planned acts of terrorism prevented in 1999 were potentially large-scale, high-casualty attacks being planned by organized right-wing extremist groups.

Not much changed since then, except it got worse.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/terror-threat-homeland-security/

Why won't Republicans say "Radical Right-Wing Terrorism?"

Edited by Aisha Greyjoy
  • Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

You can post articles of individual acts of violence, but after this election, it was the left who rioted and broke windows en-masse (not to mention their individual acts of violence as well; both before and after the election). Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been a long time since conservatives rioted and broke things.

That being said, all forms of vigilante political violence is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that's something we all can agree with.

• Upvote 2

new_forum_sig_2.png

Leftist "terrorists" basically never harm any people.

There was the Weather Underground, which was leftists. There was also the Dallas shooting last year. If you want to go outside of America, there's plenty of Communist terrorism in the 3rd world.

• Upvote 1

new_forum_sig_2.png

Protests talk by those on the right. Does exactly what he attacks and thinks it doesn't make him like a fool. Considering no one has done such a type of thread on this forum good job on making them look like the reasonable ones.In addition I recognise some of those and they were part of the wave that contained many false claims. 

Also no. Islamic Terrorism is the #1 terrorism (funnily enough in some places its instead defined as right wing terrorism) activity in the world. #2 is Communist which is left wing. In short this sort of thing does you no good as I've told you before. 

• Upvote 2

This sort of thread really makes me think I need to actually help those on the other side because the efforts are really so weak and sad! Like there is no understanding still on why they have lost.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/15/yes-donald-trump-is-a-monster-but-his-agenda-isnt-all-bad

Maybe a guy from Guardianland will get through to some? These insults and attacks be it to Trump or people on here doesn't degrade anyone and instead strengthens people. Save this nonsense and start being fair with people and you can maybe get through and moderate things in a positive way. Don't and keep losing as you have been. Your choice.

what constitutes terrorism for the left and right is sometimes skewed. BLM and Anti-fa aren't considered terrorist organisations despite filling every piece of criteria

That doesn't matter. It'll only matter when Trump declares some current terrorists not terrorists and properly declares those terrorists you mentioned terrorists. Everyone will then suddenly care about how unfair it all is.

When you compare the intelligence capability of the left to right. The left based it only on feeling and not logic, hence that makes the right intelligent inherently superior to the pea-sized brain leftists.

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

I didn't realize we were digging back forty years for examples. Modern leftists harm no one, but property. Right-wing terrorists kill people all the time.

Leftists are terrorists. They are like ISIS. You don't embrace their worldview, you are going to end up in sewerage.

Commander-in-Chief of Svalbard Island

Badassery Rating: 100% / Popularity Rating: 100%

The Left have ALWAYS been thugs and criminals and traitors and scum

Yay! Lets cut off the heads of people who disagree with us! 

guilottine-GettyImages-541321353.jpg

Violence is fun! Pain is fun! We enjoy making people suffer as we're monsters!

old-timey-union-strike_zps67e2205a.jpg

Mass extermination is fine and cool with us! Vote Democrat!

vladimir-lenin-genocide.png

Hmmm. Lets be more clever here and raise the min wage in such a manner that screws over Republican States and helps Democrat ones, lets make those filthy right winger feel the bern!

557f1012df0ce.image.jpg

50 million babies killed, all in the name of progress!

AbortionByTheNumbers.jpg

I didn't realize we were digging back forty years for examples. Modern leftists harm no one, but property. Right-wing terrorists kill people all the time.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?search=communist&sa.x=32&sa.y=8&sa=Search 2905Incidents

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/BrowseBy.aspx?category=perpetrator111 Communist Groups

Its janky in a number of areas admittedly but regardless its quite clear left wing terrorism is quite a thing, more so than right wing terrorism and significantly it seems at that. Do not think because you never hear of a Communist attack in America or some other western country that Communists have just all stopped terrorism action. 

Leftists are terrorists. They are like ISIS. You don't embrace their worldview, you are going to end up in sewerage.

They're not. They're nothing like ISIS.

The Left have ALWAYS been thugs and criminals and traitors and scum

Yay! Lets cut off the heads of people who disagree with us! 

Violence is fun! Pain is fun! We enjoy making people suffer as we're monsters!

Mass extermination is fine and cool with us! Vote Democrat!

Hmmm. Lets be more clever here and raise the min wage in such a manner that screws over Republican States and helps Democrat ones, lets make those filthy right winger feel the bern!

50 million babies killed, all in the name of progress!

Nazi Germany really enjoyed the guillotine, but then we're not even stopping at forty years in the past.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?search=communist&sa.x=32&sa.y=8&sa=Search 2905Incidents

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/BrowseBy.aspx?category=perpetrator111 Communist Groups

Its janky in a number of areas admittedly but regardless its quite clear left wing terrorism is quite a thing, more so than right wing terrorism and significantly it seems at that. Do not think because you never hear of a Communist attack in America or some other western country that Communists have just all stopped terrorism action. 

I see nothing that contradicts me.

GICjEwp.gif

I see nothing that contradicts me.

You don't see the numerous events with deaths happening in 2015, 14, so forth by Communists (left wing)? The only terrorism listed more than Communism is Islamic which is near triple from what I recall. You could join Fascist, Conservative, and Nationalist numbers together and you'd end up with a fraction (not even a quarter) of those numbers going by the database.

In addition something not often stated is these "Right Wing" terrorists and such made mention of? They tend to be unaffiliated people and so are not part of terrorist group. When left wing thugs beat people up and smash up the place they tend to indeed be affiliated with a group be it Antifa or BLM. 

Just gotta say that most people consider the political spectrum in quadrants, not just a left-right line.

I personally think it should be a cube (XYZ), as even the XY axis doesn't adequately characterize (Z being some form of social/environmental vs. business idealogy).  i.e not everyone in business thinks the EPA is the devil.

The point is that it's less an issue of far left or far right and more an issue of stupidity and hatred.  Extremes tend to deal in hate - whether it's the leftists lack of understanding for why conservatives feel the way they do or the right/alt-right's hate for immigrants and minorities and government.

• Upvote 1

You don't see the numerous events with deaths happening in 2015, 14, so forth by Communists (left wing)? The only terrorism listed more than Communism is Islamic which is near triple from what I recall. You could join Fascist, Conservative, and Nationalist numbers together and you'd end up with a fraction (not even a quarter) of those numbers going by the database.

In addition something not often stated is these "Right Wing" terrorists and such made mention of? They tend to be unaffiliated people and so are not part of terrorist group. When left wing thugs beat people up and smash up the place they tend to indeed be affiliated with a group be it Antifa or BLM. 

Nope, sure don't. I'm only counting American terrorists and that shows as zero for me. Right wing violence against various targets happens a lot here. From suicide crashing a small plane into an IRS building, to shooting up the Holocaust museum, to killer George Tiller in church, to bombings of women's health clinics, to mass shootings at those clinics, to militia attempts to kill police officers in order to massacre entire police forces at their funerals and more. BLM isn't a terrorist movement (or an organization) and anarchists basically don't join groups like that. They're more into stuff like Food Not Bombs..

GICjEwp.gif