Securing the Bulgarian Coast and Other Topics

Oncaro

A representative for the Kressnian Self-Defense Force Colonial Guard has announced today the initiation of Operation Slavic Serpent, a venture at securing the Independent Provinces of Bulgaria and incorporating them into Kressnian Yugoslavia.

"I want to clarify that this is not meant to be an invasion," said the representative, Lieutenant Colonel Bojan Vukovic of the KSDF 12th Mechanized Division. "These 'Independent Provinces' are, the further east you go from Sofia, less and less secure and more and more dangerous to the people living in them. It's for this reason High Command commissioned this op: Now, you'd think that we'd just head straight east by land, but no-- our first priority was to secure the Black Sea Coast, not only because it's one of the most anarchic parts of the region, but to prevent any nation that might not have the best interests of the Bulgarian people at heart from taking the coast. So what Slavic Serpent is meant to do is secure the outer regions first and pacify them, then head inland. The further inland we go, the less need there will be for violence."

When asked about his comment regarding other nations and whether this operation differed from the colonization efforts of other nations on Orbis, Colonel Vukovic replied:

"Well, yeah, I'd say what we're doing is pretty different from some of these other nations. Look at Rokkenjima and their 'Territorial Stabilization Program'; they just pick and choose places they want to go, apparently at random, and move in to them, and apparently they've got a one-hundred percent approval rating and people celebrating in the streets every single time? Give me a break, I think something's up. There's no rhyme or reason for where they go so far as HIGHCOM can see, no real gain for them either; at least when the French took the Suez Canal, they had a good reason for it. Not sure why the Dutch decided to go after Albania, but I assume it was at least for trade, and they seem to be doing a good job caring for the Albanians. The Britannians no doubt are sitting on a ticking time-bomb with the three holiest places in Islam under their control, because extremists won't give a crap about how tolerant and loose-handed they are. Just in general, most of these colonization efforts just seem to be taking land for the sake of it.

"You look at things like that, then look at us: Kressnia's objective this entire time was focused on the Balkans and the South Slavic people and any minority populations that want to live under our flag. Once Slavic Serpent is completed, we as a nation won't have any more reason to expand for the foreseeable future, and we're fine with that."

These comments come in the aftermath of Rokkenjima closing their borders to most nations on Orbis and giving a vitriolic rebuttal toward inquiries as to why, and seems to reflect the current opinion of Rokkenjima among Kressnians on Orbis that have been following international news. When asked whether he thought these comments would have repercussions, the colonel laughed.

"Repercussions? What, for me, or for the nation? I might get a dressing down, but hardly any nations outside the UMS on this planet really interact with our colony as it is, which is honestly unfortunate. We don't mean anyone here any harm; hell, we have a fleet around the planet to protect everyone here who can't do so themselves. But Rokkenjima's official policy is being insular and apparently being rude to most other nations on the planet, not just our own. I assume the Dutch probably won't mind one colonel's thoughts, and we don't really have relations with Britannia. They won't care, and if they do, it probably won't matter anyway. It's just my opinion."

In other news, the Adriatic Fleet Initiative implemented by the Colonial Guard months ago is well under way, creating a new fleet of mid-sized warships to protect maritime trade in the Adriatic Sea. With the securing of the Bulgarian coastline, there are rumors in military circles about a similar fleet being made for the Black Sea. There is also rumors of opening up official relations with Kressnian Yugoslavia's southernmost neighbor Hellenis after a declaration of protection regarding the sovereignty of the new nation.

Edited by Oncaro

Member of the Union of Multiversal States

"No! I must kill the Karlings" he shouted
The dynasty tree said "No, John. You are the Karlings"
And then John was a cadet branch.