2/1/2017 - Stimulus February

Alex

• Administrators

Hello all,

Got a few important changes for everyone to note for the month of February. First, let's start with the news I think all will enjoy:

• For new nations, the first 5 cities can be built without waiting on the 10 day timer. This does not apply to National Projects. If you build a national project, you will have to wait 10 days to build your next city, whether you have less than 5 cities or not.

Now, onto the other two changes:

• It's Stimulus February! It's the shortest month of the year, and P&W will be running a bit of a fundraiser. For this month only, Credits can be redeemed directly for $10,000,000 each. That's a cap of $100,000,000/nation for this month. As soon as February ends, this will change, and the amount of money redeemed per Credit will be significantly reduced.
  • It now costs 1 Credit to create an alliance. This change is less amount money or sustaining the game, but applying a bit of game theory to alliances. This change will encourage new players to seek out established alliances and learn the ropes, instead of creating their own alliances, getting raided, and quitting shortly thereafter. It will also discourage (though I am not so foolish to believe completely root out) alliance bank gimmicks where multiple alliances are created to protect money and resources from attackers. This change will make alliances more serious, more permanent, and new alliances more successful.

Why so much money per Credit, you're asking? Surely, this is game-breaking. Well, fellow critic, you must understand a few things about the game. First, Credits are already selling for around $5,000,000 or higher on the market. That's twice the previous redemption price of $2,500,000. Next, the number of people buying Credits has been decreasing steadily over the past year or so. This is an attempt to reverse that trend, or at least offset it during this short sale period. Lastly, you must remember that for the players who donate to the game and receive the bonus money, they do spend some of that on market resources and things. Increases in the price of resources helps all resource producing nations, and effectively, some of the donated money 'trickles down' and stimulates the P&W economy, helping everyone.

What should you look forward to next? Well, on my to-do list are a variety of things, including:

• An alliance control panel, with information about member nation's warchests and military counts
  • Alliance tax brackets
  • Increased multi detection & prevention methods
  • More gameplay content

Enjoy!

• Upvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

While I agree that something needs to be done to help prevent players/alliances from hiding their reserves, I don't think charging money to form an alliance was the way to do it. That's pretty ridiculous. 

Edited by Samwise

You can't trade more than 99,999 of any resource or charge more than $10,000,000.

Can you do something to make it possible to sell credits now.

Edited by Princess Bubblegum
  • Upvote 1

That's a cap of $100,000,000/nation for this month. As soon as February ends, this will change, and the amount of money redeemed per Credit will be significantly reduced.

1c6e2c651b6c4edfa8f3d8f4d024e62e.png

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

• Administrators

Can you do something to make it possible to sell credits now.

I apologize, that issue has been fixed.

Well this is bullshit

"Stimulus February"? More like "Tickle my wallet's balls - February"

100 million. You have lost your mind Alex. I've spent too much time dedicated to writing out pointless posts that you clearly ignore about the dangers of increasing the cap on credits. You got a problem with money? Cool tell us, dont pull this shit and mess with the game. I was mad with the ability to make 40 mil by selling credits, this I'm just pissed about. You yourself acknowledged that making more than 50 mil a month on credits is game breaking

Gtfo with this nonsense. And bullshit it'll stop people from moving banks. You got to pay 10mil to buy a single credit to start a new alliance to store 500mil. Hm oh shucks guys, I guess he's got us there.

Like I said, this is only temporary. The rate will go back down to the previous rate or slightly above come March.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

There are no credit sell offers on the market right now. Did you at least delete all of the credit offers before changing the price, or did some people just get absolutely screwed?

• Upvote 1

So basically, people aren't buying credits because you keep !@#$ing with the game and now you need cash. I'll pass, thanks.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Hmm, no, not yet.

You can't trade more than 99,999 of any resource or charge more than $10,000,000.

I'm asking you to raise the limit above $10m. Nobody is going to sell credits for less than that now.

Increases in the price of resources helps all resource producing nations, and effectively, some of the donated money 'trickles down' and stimulates the P&W economy, helping everyone.

Sheepy and Reaganomics, it all makes perfect sense now.

Psweet> pro-tip: don't listen to baronus if Prezyan disagrees with him

5:48 AM — +Eva-Beatrice sq**rts all over the walls

Eva-Beatrice> I'd let Sintiya conquer me anyday x)

10:56 PM — +Eva-Beatrice m*st*rb*tes in front of Prezyan

12:13 AM — +Eva-Beatrice has no one to !@#$ :(

Like I said, this is only temporary. The rate will go back down to the previous rate or slightly above come March.

"slightly above" I love how you work with things.

You know what else is temporary? This game. Every time you raise the pay to play aspects the game life weakens. 

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

• Administrators

So basically, people aren't buying credits because you keep !@#$ing with the game and now you need cash. I'll pass, thanks.

That's not true at all, people slowly stop buying Credits because of in-game inflation and Credits' relative value decreases over time. This is why I increase the price of credits on some months.

Hmm, no, not yet.

I'm asking you to raise the limit above $10m. Nobody is going to sell credits for less than that now.

Ah, my apologies, let me double check that.

Sheepy and Reaganomics, it all makes perfect sense now.

I'm not defending or even supporting Reagan's policies, but P&W is a very closed economy. The idea that a stimulus like this will increase demand for resources and thus increase prices is valid, and will certainly help others selling resources.

Forums Rules | Game Link

That's not true at all, people slowly stop buying Credits because of in-game inflation and Credits' relative value decreases over time. This is why I increase the price of credits on some months.

People slowly stop buying credits because no one uses them for money. The only money made on it is through the sellers. The demand for credits came with the need for customization, which the alliance establishment credit would've compensated for I'm sure. No demand had ever been their relative value except for now. And this is why it's more scummy than it's ever been before. Because if I don't buy, I am actually falling wayyy behind the entire game that buys, essentially I just wasted a month of collecting when I could've just bought it.

• Upvote 2

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

Ah, my apologies, let me double check that.

I'm not defending or even supporting Reagan's policies, but P&W is a very closed economy. The idea that a stimulus like this will increase demand for resources and thus increase prices is valid, and will certainly help others selling resources.

No, people stop playing because you do things like this.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

• Administrators

You know what else is temporary? This game. Every time you raise the pay to play aspects the game life weakens. 

I'm very aware, and have kept very strict tabs on how much players can benefit from microtransactions since the game's inception. I will continue to do so. This is a calculated risk, and one that will not put the game in jeopardy. You're not the first in the game's history to cry wolf and say the game will die, and I am certain you won't be the last. I am more than confident everything will be just fine.

Forums Rules | Game Link

Alrighty Alex, I know this your game and all, but you need to listen to those who make the game, well, the game. This whole thing is going to make the economy crash and we will have a Great Depression style event in P&W. And now I will dive into why. You are (if your words are taken to mean as they appear to) effectively investing privately to "investors" (in this case an alliance or nation leader, but hey, whatever) creating a backdoor economy wherein Credits are now a lucrative, back alley item sold on a Black Market where Credits are going to be a much more privatized trade, with individuals trading more with other individuals rather then making Global offers. Your also inflating the Economy with these Credits, which, if you know the most basic thing about an economy (Supply and Demand), makes the supply of these Credits skyrocket to ridiculous levels, crashing the price of them when they are sold Globally and jeopardized those who have saved them up to sell Globally. I also wholeheartedly oppose you messing around with new alliances. While again it is your game, new alliances are needed to counter-balance the larger and more powerful alliances. If you get rid of the bottom of the food chain the whole food chain collapses. What you are doing is creating lasting effects beyond just February, which is apparently something incomprehensible to you. The effects of this will last months if not years.

And this, Alex, is why you need to reverse this, immediately.

Edited by Torin Tbomb

c3f8031bb7dcf8f7ca992a489bc5946fe1522456"When the enemy is loosing, does he cower? You bet your ass he does."

• Administrators

There are no credit sell offers on the market right now. Did you at least delete all of the credit offers before changing the price, or did some people just get absolutely screwed?

The few players whose offers were bought up right when the change occurred had their trades subsidized, so that they got $13,000,000 PPU as the price, vs. what they had posted.

Forums Rules | Game Link

The few players whose offers were bought up right when the change occurred had their trades subsidized, so that they got $13,000,000 PPU as the price, vs. what they had posted.

I can dig that. I felt bad for anyone who thought they were netting a profit selling at 6 mil just before update.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

Alrighty Alex, I know this your game and all, but you need to listen to those who make the game, well, the game. This whole thing is going to make the economy crash and we will have a Great Depression style event in P&W. And now I will dive into why. You are (if your words are taken to mean as they appear to) effectively investing privately to "investors" (in this case an alliance or nation leader, but hey, whatever) creating a backdoor economy wherein Credits are now a lucrative, back alley item sold on a Black Market where Credits are going to be a much more privatized trade, with individuals trading more with other individuals rather then making Global offers. Your also inflating the Economy with these Credits, which, if you know the most basic thing about an economy (Supply and Demand), makes the supply of these Credits skyrocket to ridiculous levels, crashing the price of them when they are sold Globally and jeopardized those who have saved them up to sell Globally. I also wholeheartedly oppose you messing around with new alliances. While again it is your game, new alliances are needed to counter-balance the larger and more powerful alliances. If you get rid of the bottom of the food chain the whole food chain collapses. What you are doing is creating lasting effects beyond just February, which is apparently something incomprehensible to you. The effects of this will last months if not years.

And this, Alex, is why you need to reverse this, immediately.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm an Economics major at one of the top 10 economics programs in the world :)

Recently there was a large war, and a lot of damage dealt. The game is, if anything, currently in a recession/depression. This influx of funds will allow damaged nations to rebuild, and new nations to catch up to older nations. Coupled with an increase in new players (see the recent Referrals change) and the elimination of the city timer for the first 5 cities (this change) there is more opportunity for nations, especially new nations, to grow and upset the existing game balance.

As for the cost to creating a new alliance - the intention is to reduce low-quality alliances. Many people create alliances and then go inactive, or the alliances they create are raided endlessly by other nations because they do not have protectors. By assigning a cost to alliance creation, alliances are now more variable. Players won't be creating low quality alliances, because it is now expensive to do so. New alliances will still be created, but it will require more effort beforehand to protect the investment costs, resulting in higher quality alliances. Have higher quality alliances, even if there are less of them, is good for new players - as they have less clutter to sort through and are less likely to get stuck in one of those alliances where they get raided endlessly and quit the game, or form their own alliance, get bored, and quit. This change will help player retention, alliance quality, and game stability.

• Upvote 2

Forums Rules | Game Link

• It now costs 1 Credit to create an alliance.

This kinda kills new player alliances in the game. It doesn't really stop bank hiding either. Please come to your senses and can this idea.

• An alliance control panel, with information about member nation's warchests and military counts
  • Alliance tax brackets

Yes pls.

• Upvote 1

XLL3z4T.gif

• Administrators

This kinda kills new player alliances in the game.

That's exactly the point.

• Upvote 3

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic