Refresh my mind would ya?

Lelouch Vi Britannia

OOC: Awesome title I know.

I am sooooo expecting to maybe cause a firestorm, or maybe we get an interesting discussion.

Also, sources will be linked.

So as most of you are aware the Trump Ban has banned citizens from "Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen". However, there are some points I will be bringing up. These will cover the 9/11 hijackers, the way you can interpret the ban, and finally what this means for the Daesh.

Countries affected by the ban:

r7hpsD2.png

This is more than likely following into Trump's campaign promise to "Donald J. Trump is calling for a complete and total shutdown of muslims entering the country...".

So here is where I would like the Right-Winged chaps of Orbis to help refresh my mind on the first topic. "If he said complete, why didn't he block: Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan and the UAE?" Is this because Trump as the "Mighty Businessman" he is, he didn't want to ban people from countries that hold valuable assets? He didn't ban Saudis despite the fact they are a Muslim Majority country, though, they have assets in his name. Did I mention "The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia". So, once again, WHY is Saudi and other countries not on this list? P.S. The others were from Lebanon, Egypt and U.A.E. Keep in mind, these men killed more US citizens than any other Terror attack on U.S. soil in quite a while.

What does this mean for the Daesh? Numerous terror groups have tried time and time again to lure in more recruits to send into the meat grinder. However, there numbers never really reach higher than the hundreds and sometimes thousands. The idea they try to sell to muslims is "The USA hates you and doesn't want you, join us and destroy them". So, wouldn't a Muslim ban sell this image? Doesn't it tell Muslims in the USA we hate you? Link and Link

Of course, these are only thoughts I put together why listening to my parents, my Catholic Polish Grandparents, and numerous other people chatting away. I am not trying to pick a fight, I would only like to hear the other side of the story.

Edited by Lelouch Vi Britannia

IYT09l4.png

Ex-Archduke of Defence for BK

3 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Cuz money. Not even joking.

Ayy Lmao

IYT09l4.png

@Lelouch Vi Britannia - BK needs you, but they really don't deserve you.  Thanks for the dankness.

Cuz money. Not even joking.

FAKE NEWS!

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

Trump's order references the nations of concern which is an Obama list. The only nation Trump himself specifically named was Syria (also on the list) which he put harsher terms on.

• Upvote 2

"Trump is doing exactly what liberals claimed he wouldn't: He's listening to his advisors and acting in U.S. interests instead of swinging his cock around completely carelessly on the world stage.

intys53.gif

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

FAKE NEWS!

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28/obamas-administration-made-the-muslim-ban-possible-and-the-media-wont-tell-you/

Trump's order references the nations of concern which is an Obama list. The only nation Trump himself specifically named was Syria (also on the list) which he put harsher terms on.

Can't tell if serious or LSD

Edited by TimbitsNCoffee

"Trump isn't !@#$ with the same countries that U.S. presidents have always been extremely reluctant to !@#$ with. It must be because he owns property there!"

Has nobody paid any attention to geopolitics until now, and noticed the way we never antagonize an ally like Saudi Arabia even though terrorist funding comes from there? The way Obama would never recognize Turkey's genocide even though his liberal base kept pushing for it? Is that because there was an Obama Tower in Ankara?

Trump is doing exactly what liberals claimed he wouldn't: He's listening to his advisors and acting in U.S. interests instead of swinging his cock around completely carelessly on the world stage.

Liberals have this whole Trump Nightmare mapped out in their heads, and whenever he goes off course from it and does something more reasonable than the media and the left were expecting, it just makes them even angrier. They turn around and try to rub it in Trump supporter's faces, but Trump supporters are ecstatic. In one week he's done things that the Republican base has wanted for decades and never expected to get.

That's exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen. Trump's always positioned himself as "anti-establishment". The establishment gets juicy weapons orders from Saudi Arabia, they don't want to risk business. At what cost?

FAKE NEWS!

Actually, the list was created by Congress, not President Obama.  In addition, nothing is stopping Trump from adding additional nations to the list - so not only is it a lie to say that it is an Obama list, but it is a lie to suggest that Trump had no power to add or remove nations to his executive order.

He could have done so, but he did not - and the question is why.  This is a man who rode into office on the promise of draining the swamp and fixing what he believes Obama's foreign policy ills were; so why is it, then, when push came to shove, that he didn't add any additional states to his executive orders?  Why is he continuing the foreign policy of a man and a Congress that he insulted and promised to get rid of?

Edited by Sargun

120209800_meirl2.png.0a9b257b4d3e0c1ac6d6b8be8184cba7.png

Because the countries banned are irrelevant and America, or hell the rest of the world would lose nothing if they got banned or something. He probably do this just to placate his supporters. I mean I can't think anything worthwhile coming out of Sudan or Somalia.

• Upvote 1

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

-i'm angry because president trump isnt as stupid as i want him to be-

lol

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

lol

Trump just issued an unconstitutional order and is rapidly becoming less popular than I even dreamed of.  Let's be clear - this was already an extremely stupid thing to do, and he's already paying the price for it.

Trump just issued an unconstitutional order and is rapidly becoming less popular than I even dreamed of.  Let's be clear - this was already an extremely stupid thing to do, and he's already paying the price for it.

LOL

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

Actually, the list was created by Congress, not President Obama.  In addition, nothing is stopping Trump from adding additional nations to the list - so not only is it a lie to say that it is an Obama list, but it is a lie to suggest that Trump had no power to add or remove nations to his executive order.

He could have done so, but he did not - and the question is why.  This is a man who rode into office on the promise of draining the swamp and fixing what he believes Obama's foreign policy ills were; so why is it, then, when push came to shove, that he didn't add any additional states to his executive orders?  Why is he continuing the foreign policy of a man and a Congress that he insulted and promised to get rid of?

Because Trump is smart enough to know the trouble it is to actually do it via religion. He got it done all very legal (unless you're saying Obama was being illegal too) by doing it by nations of concern. If he wishes to add nations he merely would need to add to that list yes. If they are Muslim nations or not is quite irrelevant as officially it ain't a Muslim ban.

Can't tell if serious or LSD

Your statement matched one of the media narratives that he avoided X nations because of his business interests. That is simply put fake news as explained in the link I provided, unless of course the list was originally done with Trump's business interests in mind which would be... quite something.

• Upvote 1

Saudi Arabia is "allegedly" a key US Ally.  

Their business interests are vast in the USA.  Banning Saudis from coming here would seriously &#33;@#&#036; up our commerce, unlike a few techies who can't get to work at Apple.

Trump has had a lot of business dealings with the Saudis too.  Its certainly not the "total and complete shutdown" he promised if Saudis can come in, but not banning them makes a lot of sense.

• Upvote 1

Duke of House Greyjoy

Because Trump is smart enough to know the trouble it is to actually do it via religion. He got it done all very legal (unless you're saying Obama was being illegal too) by doing it by nations of concern. If he wishes to add nations he merely would need to add to that list yes. If they are Muslim nations or not is quite irrelevant as officially it ain't a Muslim ban.

Even if we disagree I'm at least glad we can talk to each other civilly. :)

"Trump isn't !@#$ with the same countries that U.S. presidents have always been extremely reluctant to !@#$ with. It must be because he owns property there!"

Has nobody paid any attention to geopolitics until now, and noticed the way we never antagonize an ally like Saudi Arabia even though terrorist funding comes from there? The way Obama would never recognize Turkey's genocide even though his liberal base kept pushing for it? Is that because there was an Obama Tower in Ankara?

Trump is doing exactly what liberals claimed he wouldn't: He's listening to his advisors and acting in U.S. interests instead of swinging his cock around completely carelessly on the world stage.

Liberals have this whole Trump Nightmare mapped out in their heads, and whenever he goes off course from it and does something more reasonable than the media and the left were expecting, it just makes them even angrier. They turn around and try to rub it in Trump supporter's faces, but Trump supporters are ecstatic. In one week he's done things that the Republican base has wanted for decades and never expected to get.

But that's just contradicting. Trump's move is (geopolitically speaking) stupid.

Trump's "ban" is stupid because it doesn't cover ANY of the major nationalities which have contributed to attacks on US soil and ultimately ticks off the nations who are on that list. While you can say Iran isn't a nation we are holding hands with anyway, what about Iraq? What about the nation who has contributed the most ground personnel in the recent battles against ISIS and is serving as a check against Iran's extending influence in the region? Keeping in mind, Iraq is predominately Shia, and every day that the US and Iraqi relations deteriorate, every day Iran has a chance to expand in the region. Before Bush, Iraq has historically been the cornerstone of American influence in the region, acting as a buffer state between Iran and Saudi Arabia and securing American interests. 

Furthermore, the ban broadcasts to the world that there is a "Christian West vs. Muslim East" mentality, which has been the sales pitch of every radical terror group. If memory serves, almost every successful terror attack on US soil since 9/11 has been homegrown, radicalized by propaganda online. The ban only feeds the propaganda machine. It also gives legitimacy to anti-American nations like Iran who oppose Western influence in the region, claiming the US and the West are Christian crusader aliens who want to destroy Islam. 

This is all just a short-sighted campaign stunt, so that he call tell his base he did something he promised. His ban will only contribute to the destabilization of the region and give terror groups more propaganda material for homegrown terrorists. He has the foresight of a goddamn pickle and you know it. 

• Upvote 3

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

pickle

023e536572669fb3c99aeb04cc2c5317.jpg

• Upvote 1

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

But that's just contradicting. Trump's move is (geopolitically speaking) stupid.

Trump's "ban" is stupid because it doesn't cover ANY of the major nationalities which have contributed to attacks on US soil and ultimately ticks off the nations who are on that list. While you can say Iran isn't a nation we are holding hands with anyway, what about Iraq? What about the nation who has contributed the most ground personnel in the recent battles against ISIS and is serving as a check against Iran's extending influence in the region? Keeping in mind, Iraq is predominately Shia, and every day that the US and Iraqi relations deteriorate, every day Iran has a chance to expand in the region. Before Bush, Iraq has historically been the cornerstone of American influence in the region, acting as a buffer state between Iran and Saudi Arabia and securing American interests. 

Furthermore, the ban broadcasts to the world that there is a "Christian West vs. Muslim East" mentality, which has been the sales pitch of every radical terror group. If memory serves, almost every successful terror attack on US soil since 9/11 has been homegrown, radicalized by propaganda online. The ban only feeds the propaganda machine. It also gives legitimacy to anti-American nations like Iran who oppose Western influence in the region, claiming the US and the West are Christian crusader aliens who want to destroy Islam. 

This is all just a short-sighted campaign stunt, so that he call tell his base he did something he promised. His ban will only contribute to the destabilization of the region and give terror groups more propaganda material for homegrown terrorists. He has the foresight of a goddamn pickle and you know it. 

You Cannot Grasp the True Form of Trump's Attack! He has outsmarted your like every step of the way so I trust that will continue. 

Well damn son, I think you just hit the nail on the head harder than anything.

IYT09l4.png

Warning: On phone and it's almost 3:30 AM as I write this so if it's crap that's why.

Anyway my POV. Do I think Trump excluded certain nations due to them having his businesses stationed there. Well, considering that he's done a poor job (at least from what I observed) of seperating himself from his businesses (and no putting his children in charge was not enough no matter how hard you sell it) I can see why some would think that.

With that being said, there is also the issue that the nations that are not on the list (Saudi Arabia for example) are U.S. allies and to say that's a slippery slope is an understatement. So the motive could be one, the other, or both.

Now, is it a good idea. No. Some people have said this before, but the last few terrorists incidents that happened here were from homegrown terrorists. The ban doesn't stop them and if anything this gives them more fuel to do what they do, especially if they're seeing it firsthand. I get why people support it and I also get that something needs to be done, but I also do hope there is awareness on the possible fallout.

Anyway. Amaryllis out!

Nerd To The Core

Warning: On phone and it's almost 3:30 AM as I write this so if it's crap that's why.

Anyway my POV. Do I think Trump excluded certain nations due to them having his businesses stationed there. Well, considering that he's done a poor job (at least from what I observed) of seperating himself from his businesses (and no putting his children in charge was not enough no matter how hard you sell it) I can see why some would think that.

With that being said, there is also the issue that the nations that are not on the list (Saudi Arabia for example) are U.S. allies and to say that's a slippery slope is an understatement. So the motive could be one, the other, or both.

Now, is it a good idea. No. Some people have said this before, but the last few terrorists incidents that happened here were from homegrown terrorists. The ban doesn't stop them and if anything this gives them more fuel to do what they do, especially if they're seeing it firsthand. I get why people support it and I also get that something needs to be done, but I also do hope there is awareness on the possible fallout.

Anyway. Amaryllis out!

You can think what you want certainly, but the "excluded due to businesses" is proven Fake News.

I just wanna put this out there - you will never have home grown radical Islamic terrorism if you don't have any Muslims in your country. Just something to think about.

Ah, you must not be American, so you wouldn't understand how such an action would challenge our national identity. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

I just wanna put this out there - you will never have home grown radical Islamic terrorism if you don't have any Muslims in your country. Just something to think about.

Okay if I use your logic then that opens the door for any religion to be banned if it had radicals groups, Chritianity included.

Also not exaxtly true, ISIS does spread the word through means such as social media that comes with videos that showcase things such as these, which people can take seriously. You could also argue people can still meet those who follow Islam using the same methods (take Lelouch for example) and good luck banning all of them from the internet.

Anyway again sorry if this is crap. No caffeine yet so I'm not completely awake xp.

Nerd To The Core